ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Patrick Alaggio

Old 22nd December 2017, 05:06 AM   #1
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Anyone familiar with a Patrick Alaggio?

Stumbled across a name this morning I do not recall seeing before in the 9/11 Woo business - Patrick Alaggio. He is interviewed in this newly published and excrutiatingly long Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7eem0OIPgg&t=24s

He also appears to be the author of a new book (author listed as Patrick Michael Alaggio) called "His Story: The Prima Facie Case of Murder Against Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and the Shadow Government: 9/11 the Pentagon Murders"

Anyone have the 411 on this guy? Seems a bit late to try and cash in on 9/11 woo.

Last edited by Mark F; 22nd December 2017 at 06:36 AM.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:30 AM   #2
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

If I not mistaken, this would be his Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/patrick.alaggio
He looks a little unbalanced, even for the usual crowd.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:46 AM   #3
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, never heard of the guy before but a little investigoogling reveals he is a fan of Cristopher Bollyn, David Icke, Dane Wiggington and so on. Looks to me to be unhinged.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2017, 07:38 AM   #4
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Never heard the name.
I am impressed that so many people with such deficient mental processes manage to complete books and get them printed and out.
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:16 AM   #5
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Never heard the name.
I am impressed that so many people with such deficient mental processes manage to complete books and get them printed and out.
Pay to play explains much of that!!! Where play = publish on demand!!!!
AKA POD people!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd December 2017, 06:44 PM   #6
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Never heard the name.
So that means I must have superior mental processes - I've never had a book printed.

[/EndTrutherLogic]

ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd December 2017, 02:43 AM   #7
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
So that means I must have superior mental processes - I've never had a book printed.

[/EndTrutherLogic]

Or you have a healthy, skeptical perspective of your own importance to get that perhaps your book isn't exactly what the world was missing
Old 23rd December 2017, 06:03 AM   #8
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Another nutjob from Planet Nutjob. The gift that keeps on giving. Anyone up for downloading the PDF of his "book"? Not certain I have the intestinal fortitude to go through yet another tome of idiocy.
Old 23rd December 2017, 07:36 AM   #9
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pinch View Post
Another nutjob from Planet Nutjob. The gift that keeps on giving. Anyone up for downloading the PDF of his "book"? Not certain I have the intestinal fortitude to go through yet another tome of idiocy.
I listened to bits of his hour long interview. The takeaways were:

He has never found a conspiracy theory he doesn't like.

Nothing new or original, just rehashing tired old memes. Seems unlikely his "research" extended beyond Google.
Old 24th December 2017, 09:31 AM   #10
Pinch
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Nothing new or original, just rehashing tired old memes. Seems unlikely his "research" extended beyond Google.
My Lord. I'm listening to this thing and it's an amalgam of every whack-job nutzo theory out there...drones, plane swaps, missiles, the "stolen" trillions, the "Joos!!!@!", shaped charges, the whole fetid, steaming 9 yards. I guess it's easier to rehash old crap than come up with new crap for these Einsteins.
Old 24th December 2017, 02:40 PM   #11
JSanderO
Master Poster

If someone buys every alt theory... conspiracy theory... it makes one wonder... what happened to their critical thinking? Do they have so much distrust and disdain for all official and media reports as to dismiss them as completely rubbish? This blindness and dumb is what interests me.. because so many of the people down the rabbit hole are intelligent people with responsible positions in society. Weird.
Old 24th December 2017, 04:22 PM   #12
Mark F
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
If someone buys every alt theory... conspiracy theory... it makes one wonder... what happened to their critical thinking? Do they have so much distrust and disdain for all official and media reports as to dismiss them as completely rubbish? This blindness and dumb is what interests me.. because so many of the people down the rabbit hole are intelligent people with responsible positions in society. Weird.
When one lacks critical thinking skill I suspect one will be naturally suspicious of everything.
Old 24th December 2017, 10:28 PM   #13
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

When one lacks critical thinking skill I suspect one will be naturally suspicious of everything.
Merry Xmas everyone.

It's hard to get a feeling for this paranoia on the forum that was previously known as the JREF. Perhaps it's the way things are set up here, that conspiracy theorists are automatically labelled as deviant. Regardless, I've had a discussion with a medical doctor who used to post on this forum where he suggested that a major clinical disorder among conspiracy theorists was paranoia. Posting on individual Facebook sites you can see this more clearly. I have seen facts stated to support arguments, that later turn out to be untrue, have no effect on the main argument because it was originally a 'suspicious' statement. As long as an argument is 'suspicious' its logic is bulletproof, even if there are no facts to support it or the only facts turn out to be untrue.

So while Alaggio looks like a nutbar to us, he is simply being 'suspicious', and as such, produces arguments that make sense to our more deviant friends.
I've seen it here and in several other places that there is no Illuminati. That doesn't even make sense. There's a Wikipedia entry that talks about it. I'm not saying that everything on Wikipedia is true, but if you read it, it's just really clear how the Illuminati controls the world.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 24th December 2017 at 10:31 PM.
Scott Sommers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th December 2017, 07:02 AM   #14
JSanderO
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Scott Sommers View Post

So while Alaggio looks like a nutbar to us, he is simply being 'suspicious', and as such, produces arguments that make sense to our more deviant friends.
I see some sort of consistent logic with the conspiracy guys.... but the problem is they ignore or deny facts, and use made up "facts" and of course many have no foundation in science.

So they could point out that media "lies".,.. which it does at time, spins or makes mistakes or deceptive statements, for whatever reason... and then truthers say 9/11 would therefore must be the mother of all lies and deceptions... because why would the MSM and government change the color of their stripes? Media and government are never transparent and people/institutions which aren't transparent are COVERING something up...

That sort of "logic"... is what they use consistently.
Old 25th December 2017, 07:11 AM   #15
Mark F
Graduate Poster

I see some sort of consistent logic with the conspiracy guys.... but the problem is they ignore or deny facts, and use made up "facts" and of course many have no foundation in science.

So they could point out that media "lies".,.. which it does at time, spins or makes mistakes or deceptive statements, for whatever reason... and then truthers say 9/11 would therefore must be the mother of all lies and deceptions... because why would the MSM and government change the color of their stripes? Media and government are never transparent and people/institutions which aren't transparent are COVERING something up...

The goal is to justify the paranoia, not to get answers. No logic required or even desired.
Old 25th December 2017, 08:18 AM   #16
JSanderO
Master Poster

The goal is to justify the paranoia, not to get answers. No logic required or even desired.
Probably true... because if truthers were really curious they could read MB or 911 FF, or this site and learn something... But I don't think they want to learn... they seem to want to hang out in their echo chamber of nonsense. It's sad... and reminds me scientology.
Old 26th December 2017, 12:31 AM   #17
ozeco41
Philosopher

Remember my "Twin Hypotheses" - the paranoia is the driver NOT 9/11 or JFK or Apollo or....

They have to hate Government/Authority/anyone who can think better than them. 9/11 is the consequence - the chosen topic for display of paranoia - not the CAUSE.

Meanwhile Merry Xmas - I'll go back to my bottle of Sav Blanc.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2017, 02:00 AM   #18
Scott Sommers
Illuminator

The point I'm trying to get at is that much of the conspiracy theory movement originates in pathology. It's not normal thinking gone wild. Some of it originates in hallucinations and psychotic thinking, but a lot of it comes from pathological suspicion and gets spun into a world where being pathological thinking like this is rewarded rather than laughed at.

Or even evidence. Just making things up is good enough.

Last edited by Scott Sommers; 26th December 2017 at 02:14 AM.
Old 1st January 2018, 06:30 PM   #19
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

https://www.linkedin.com/in/patrick-alaggio-2240a033

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories