IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , joe biden

Closed Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 02:13 PM   #2321
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Trump Tweets

Watch: Hundreds of Activists Gather for ‘Stop the Steal‘ Rally in Georgia https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/...ly-in-georgia/ via BreitbartNews
Big Rallies all over the Country. The proof pouring in is undeniable. Many more votes than needed. This was a LANDSLIDE!
Only a few hundreds? What happened to the million people from the last rally?

Also, since it's Trump, can I assume that the "hundreds" he's talking about is a dozen people or so?
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 02:17 PM   #2322
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

President Trump has done many great things (biggest tax & regulation cuts in history, Space Force, rebuilding our military, fixing the V.A., the Wall), but perhaps the most important of all will be what he is doing now, exposing the massive corruption in our Electoral Process.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 02:28 PM   #2323
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Watch: Hundreds of Activists Gather for ‘Stop the Steal‘ Rally in Georgia https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/...ly-in-georgia/ via BreitbartNews
Big Rallies all over the Country. The proof pouring in is undeniable. Many more votes than needed. This was a LANDSLIDE!

(video in link)
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-tru...unoffs-1549245

Quote:
President Donald Trump supporters protesting the outcome of the 2020 election have a new and surprising opponent: the Republican Party.

A viral video of protesters, as well as posts on social media platform Parler, indicate that Trump supporters are looking to boycott the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff elections.
I say go for it, teach those naughty Republicans a lesson.
surrogate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 02:33 PM   #2324
Garrison
Philosopher

And he's still desperately trying:

US election: Michigan Republicans seek to delay vote certification

Quote:
Yet, in the letter on Saturday, the Michigan Republican Party called for the full audit of votes in Wayne County, where the majority-black city of Detroit heavily leans Democrat.

The letter, signed by Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and Michigan Republican Party head Laura Cox, cited allegations of "irregularities" in the county, which have not been substantiated.
Old 21st November 2020, 02:35 PM   #2325
The_Animus
Illuminator

The Republican party destroying itself would be wonderful. Not that I want one party rule but it's pure cancer and hopefully if it's gone a party actually interested in governing will take its place
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 02:36 PM   #2326
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post

Someone should tell 'em they ain't got the guts to do it.

Someone else should tell them that if Republicans get less than 20% of the vote, they legally have to throw the election out and the Georgia Senate has to select the U.S. Senators.

(Really, I don't advocate the latter, since there's enough misinformation out there. But I see no ethical issue with double dog daring them to boycott.)
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 02:47 PM   #2327
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Two PA GOP congressmen file suit to declare mail-in balloting unconstitutional.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020...EbGpx5IKQIk2Xs

So, where are our resident conservatives on this one. Hmmm? Anyone?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 02:59 PM   #2328
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

Case dismissed.

Way too many precedents in law that would reject this including 150 years of elections where mail in ballots have been accepted.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:05 PM   #2329
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Only a few hundreds? What happened to the million people from the last rally?

Also, since it's Trump, can I assume that the "hundreds" he's talking about is a dozen people or so?
I honestly see some of these things that Trump writes, and truly wonder what's in his head. Lying, or crazy? That's a serious question for me. Even if he believes that there was voter fraud, which would not be a completely ridiculous allegation on its face, there's no way he could possibly believe it was a landslide. Well, there's one possible way. He could be insane.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:06 PM   #2330
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Someone should tell 'em they ain't got the guts to do it.

Someone else should tell them that if Republicans get less than 20% of the vote, they legally have to throw the election out and the Georgia Senate has to select the U.S. Senators.

(Really, I don't advocate the latter, since there's enough misinformation out there. But I see no ethical issue with double dog daring them to boycott.)
That doesn't make sense. What difference does it make if the loser in an election receives 1 vote or a million? It's a runoff election. Doesn't just the candidate with the most votes win? You seem to be saying if the loser doesn't reach a certain threshold, the Georgia Senate decides?
Old 21st November 2020, 03:07 PM   #2331
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Case dismissed.

Way too many precedents in law that would reject this including 150 years of elections where mail in ballots have been accepted.
This is completely a case of throwing the game board against the wall when it is obvious that you are losing.

Pre-schoolers do it. So do Republicans.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:13 PM   #2332
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

That doesn't make sense. What difference does it make if the loser in an election receives 1 vote or a million? It's a runoff election. Doesn't just the candidate with the most votes win? You seem to be saying if the loser doesn't reach a certain threshold, the Georgia Senate decides?
It doesn't have to make much sense, I figger. Never struck me that I had to make it sensible.

You do understand I was just talking about a lie for the easily duped, no?

Last edited by phiwum; 21st November 2020 at 03:14 PM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 03:16 PM   #2333
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
This is completely a case of throwing the game board against the wall when it is obvious that you are losing.

Pre-schoolers do it. So do Republicans.
It really is.

Georgia of all places didn't expect to flip. They had successfully suppressed the vote there for 230 years. Mail in voting really changed that. Now the bigots are realizing this means they lost the power to prevent people of color and the working poor from voting. That terrifies them.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:18 PM   #2334
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
For anyone that doesn't know, the Betty Trump Twitter account was a parody (they said so themself) that Trump supposedly replied to. I'm not sure that reply wasn't from a staff member. We should keep that in mind. And Trump can't say so without admitting he has a ghost Tweet writer.
The fact that Donald would know his sister's name isn't Betty would support that idea. But then again, Donald is crazy so....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 03:19 PM   #2335
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
It doesn't have to make much sense, I figger. Never struck me that I had to make it sensible.
Doh! Now I feel dumb.

Last edited by acbytesla; 21st November 2020 at 03:20 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 03:22 PM   #2336
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

It really is.

Georgia of all places didn't expect to flip. They had successfully suppressed the vote there for 230 years. Mail in voting really changed that. Now the bigots are realizing this means they lost the power to prevent people of color and the working poor from voting. That terrifies them.
I like how they are calling Kemp a RINO.

I mean, this is the guy who used his role as Secretary of State to suppress the votes of black people in order to get himself elected governor.

You can't get much more Republican than that.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:22 PM   #2337
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post

We are truly through the looking glass at this point. I think our societal problems go deeper than Trump himself. We have a sitting congressman who is perfectly disenfranchising his entire state in order to have a shot at getting his guy declared king president.

I don't mind recounts. I don't even mind losing candidates trying to make their case in court that they think something went wrong. However, some of these lawsuits, and this one in particular, seem to just be looking for a judge who will be willing to say that down is up and who cares about reality.

This is bad.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:25 PM   #2338
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post

Quote:
Quote:
President Donald Trump supporters protesting the outcome of the 2020 election have a new and surprising opponent: the Republican Party.

A viral video of protesters, as well as posts on social media platform Parler, indicate that Trump supporters are looking to boycott the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff elections.
This is one of the times that being stupid might actually be a good thing for the country!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 03:31 PM   #2339
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
We are truly through the looking glass at this point. I think our societal problems go deeper than Trump himself. We have a sitting congressman who is perfectly disenfranchising his entire state in order to have a shot at getting his guy declared king president.

I don't mind recounts. I don't even mind losing candidates trying to make their case in court that they think something went wrong. However, some of these lawsuits, and this one in particular, seem to just be looking for a judge who will be willing to say that down is up and who cares about reality.

This is bad.
Oh, it's worse than bad and these GOP congressmen are too dense to figure that out. If Trump pulled this off, Congress would become totally irrelevant.
Old 21st November 2020, 03:42 PM   #2340
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The fact that Donald would know his sister's name isn't Betty would support that idea. But then again, Donald is crazy so....

He has two sisters, Maryanne and Elizabeth.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 03:48 PM   #2341
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Last I checked, one of his sisters was Elizabeth Trump. Betty is a common shortening for Elizabeth, so... the name criticism is probably unfounded, to put it nicely. There are other things that can be poked at there, but, in short, I'd put this one in the "doesn't matter but distracts from more important things" category.

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I like how they are calling Kemp a RINO.

I mean, this is the guy who used his role as Secretary of State to suppress the votes of black people in order to get himself elected governor.

You can't get much more Republican than that.
The list of Kemp's voting related antics is notably darker than that, regardless.

We are truly through the looking glass at this point. I think our societal problems go deeper than Trump himself.
FWIW, quite a few of us have been saying that since Trump became President and similar things about how deep the problems go before then, just without Trump as the focus. Trump's Presidency has simply given lots more supporting evidence to work with.

We have a sitting congressman who is perfectly disenfranchising his entire state in order to have a shot at getting his guy declared king president.
In a frivolous lawsuit that they fairly certainly believe has no chance of success at all. Red Meat for Trump's base, in other words, like all those doomed votes against the ACA. That it is being treated as red meat for Trump's base is a bit horrific, sure, but it's arguably not even an escalation from the current Republican normal. Of course, I still regard that storming of that closed door session related to impeachment with absurdly false basis to be a felony offense (or multiple for many of them if one includes the rest of what they did) for every single one of those Republican congressmen - including the one supposedly representing where I live. When Republican congressmen, in bulk, decide that it's okay to commit felonies for Trump as nothing more than a show of loyalty as they seek to defend a man they know committed serious crimes, there's really not much room left to defend them or the state of their party. That such was pretty much just a story for a moment, soon forgotten and never given proper weight is absurd. That I had even seen it downplayed in the MSM as a both sides issue with a comparison to a single Democratic Party member who simply stood outside a closed door session in protest, breaking no laws or the underlying principles in letter or spirit, was and is pretty much mind-bogglingly dishonest and enabling.

Last edited by Aridas; 21st November 2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: FFIW to FWIW
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:09 PM   #2342
angrysoba
Philosophile

I honestly see some of these things that Trump writes, and truly wonder what's in his head. Lying, or crazy? That's a serious question for me. Even if he believes that there was voter fraud, which would not be a completely ridiculous allegation on its face, there's no way he could possibly believe it was a landslide. Well, there's one possible way. He could be insane.
I think you have to assume that Trump is simply talking ******** (BS). This has been brought up a few times, but the idea is that BS is not simply lying, because a liar is concerned about the truth if only to conceal it. Trump is utterly indifferent to the truth. His BS is only in the service of what sounds good to him and what sounds good (in his mind) about him. It's the idea that constantly, vociferously, repetitively talking himself up pushes away all doubts or inconvenient facts.

He's probably similar to L.Ron Hubbard. I think some people wonder if he believed his own ********. Maybe at first he knew he was lying and it was all a clever ruse to make money, but it seems (from what I understand) that he eventually started to believe his own ********.

I think Trump is a ********ter in a similar vein to that of L Ron Hubbard, and his die-hard followers are basically a cult.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:10 PM   #2343
slyjoe
Master Poster

What is FFIW?
ETA: I only remember Aridas using it.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:12 PM   #2344
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
What is FFIW?
ETA: I only remember Aridas using it.
"For What It's Worth," generally. ETA: Well, that was the intent. You can count that as me messing up dumbly, if you want.

Last edited by Aridas; 21st November 2020 at 04:14 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:12 PM   #2345
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
"For What It's Worth," generally.
Yea, that's FWIW.

ETA: Didn't see second post. I noticed it before, but thought I was missing something. I wouldn't consider you even close to dumb
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade

Last edited by slyjoe; 21st November 2020 at 04:16 PM.
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:24 PM   #2346
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
And if they actually pay him, Giuliani is charging $20K a day for his performance.
Strange thought: Even for that, I wouldn't do it.

Hans
Old 21st November 2020, 04:38 PM   #2347
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Hans
I hope he asked for it up front!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:46 PM   #2348
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post

Hans
Oddly, it's a lot of loot but I also would decline such a contract. You are not alone.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 04:46 PM   #2349
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
He has two sisters, Maryanne and Elizabeth.
True, but she goes by Elizabeth, never Betty. Trump would know that.
Old 21st November 2020, 04:52 PM   #2350
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Dinesh D'Souza tweets

Trump playing golf in the midst of this crisis is the ultimate expression of confidence. The Left would love to see him holed up in a conference room, consumed with frustration and biting his finger nails. POTUS, by contrast, is playing it cool #Election2020results
Old 21st November 2020, 04:53 PM   #2351
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
I think you have to assume that Trump is simply talking ******** (BS). This has been brought up a few times, but the idea is that BS is not simply lying, because a liar is concerned about the truth if only to conceal it. Trump is utterly indifferent to the truth. His BS is only in the service of what sounds good to him and what sounds good (in his mind) about him. It's the idea that constantly, vociferously, repetitively talking himself up pushes away all doubts or inconvenient facts.

He's probably similar to L.Ron Hubbard. I think some people wonder if he believed his own ********. Maybe at first he knew he was lying and it was all a clever ruse to make money, but it seems (from what I understand) that he eventually started to believe his own ********.

I think Trump is a ********ter in a similar vein to that of L Ron Hubbard, and his die-hard followers are basically a cult.
According to his niece, Mary, he does become delusional and begin to believe his own lies:

Quote:
I pressed her on this point. Does he lie (so much!) as a means to get what he wants and knows this is what he is doing—or is he delusional? “It’s a combination,” she said. “Is it just delusion or is it a tactic? I think it might start out as a tactic but it ends up being a delusion because his need to perpetuate a narrative about himself—a very specific narrative about himself as the winner, as always being right—is decades old. It’s a defense mechanism to protect him against the reality of who he really is…If he had any insight into that, I don’t know that he could bear it.”
Old 21st November 2020, 05:00 PM   #2352
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Dinesh D'Souza tweets

Trump playing golf in the midst of this crisis is the ultimate expression of confidence. The Left would love to see him holed up in a conference room, consumed with frustration and biting his finger nails. POTUS, by contrast, is playing it cool #Election2020results
Wow. The ultimate in whitewashing. Can you imagine if a Dem president were golfing in this situation?
Old 21st November 2020, 05:00 PM   #2353
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Case dismissed.

The complaint is that it is in violation of the Pennsylvania constitution, not the U.S. constitution. The argument is that the Pennsylvania constitution requires that voting be done in person except for certain specific circumstances outlined in the constitution where absentee voting is permitted.

A big problem here is that the constitution itself does not actually say that. It grants the legislature the authority to determine how elections are done. The constitution does specifically require that the legislature establish provisions to allow for absentee voting for some circumstances.

The first assertion is that the constitution requires in person voting because that is the way Pennsylvania courts have traditionally ruled. Unfortunately, the complaint does not cite any case law to support that assertion, making it rather difficult to evaluate the validity of the claim.

The second assertion is that the legislature previously obtained constitutional amendments before passing laws establishing and expanding absentee voting. Before the law was passed last year to allow no-excuse mail-in voting, there was a bill to put an amendment to the constitution on the ballot to require mail-in voting. That is has to be passed by a second legislative session next year and can then go on the November 2021 election ballot.

The assertion is that this demonstrates that the legislature had acknowledged that a constitutional amendment was required to allow no-excuse mail-in voting. But that appears to be false. It appears that the process used for absentee ballots and the proposed amendment for mail-in ballots was simply to make those forms of mailing be required, not because an amendment is a prerequisite to passing such laws.

And, of course, there is an issue with the timing of this filing. They had more than a year to object to the mail-in voting law prior to the election but chose not to do so until after the results of the election were known. Federal law requires states to conduct elections according to the laws in place on election days precisely for this reason.

If you want to meet the deadline for the guideline of filing a motion upholding the decision of the provisions that were written intently by the general assembly as indisputably constitutionally forbidden in the court of Pennsylvania…YOU’RE TOO LATE…because it juuuuuuuust passssssssed byyyyyyyy!
Old 21st November 2020, 05:06 PM   #2354
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Wow. The ultimate in whitewashing. Can you imagine if a Dem president were golfing in this situation?
There once was a conservative apologist on this board who would just about rend his shirt and dive for the fainting couch every time Obama went golfing, and often decried it as the most unpresidential th8ng evar. Especially if there was some minor event that FOX was blowing up into a disaster.

Funny he dropped out right around the Trump started his presidency and it quickly became obvious that Golfing was happening almost weekly.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 05:09 PM   #2355
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Rumor has it that Trump is planning on starring in a new TV series starting in Feburary titled:

The Amazing Racist
Old 21st November 2020, 05:18 PM   #2356
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Dinesh D'Souza tweets

Old 21st November 2020, 05:21 PM   #2357
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
The complaint is that it is in violation of the Pennsylvania constitution, not the U.S. constitution. The argument is that the Pennsylvania constitution requires that voting be done in person except for certain specific circumstances outlined in the constitution where absentee voting is permitted.

A big problem here is that the constitution itself does not actually say that. It grants the legislature the authority to determine how elections are done. The constitution does specifically require that the legislature establish provisions to allow for absentee voting for some circumstances.

The first assertion is that the constitution requires in person voting because that is the way Pennsylvania courts have traditionally ruled. Unfortunately, the complaint does not cite any case law to support that assertion, making it rather difficult to evaluate the validity of the claim.

The second assertion is that the legislature previously obtained constitutional amendments before passing laws establishing and expanding absentee voting. Before the law was passed last year to allow no-excuse mail-in voting, there was a bill to put an amendment to the constitution on the ballot to require mail-in voting. That is has to be passed by a second legislative session next year and can then go on the November 2021 election ballot.

The assertion is that this demonstrates that the legislature had acknowledged that a constitutional amendment was required to allow no-excuse mail-in voting. But that appears to be false. It appears that the process used for absentee ballots and the proposed amendment for mail-in ballots was simply to make those forms of mailing be required, not because an amendment is a prerequisite to passing such laws.

And, of course, there is an issue with the timing of this filing. They had more than a year to object to the mail-in voting law prior to the election but chose not to do so until after the results of the election were known. Federal law requires states to conduct elections according to the laws in place on election days precisely for this reason.

If you want to meet the deadline for the guideline of filing a motion upholding the decision of the provisions that were written intently by the general assembly as indisputably constitutionally forbidden in the court of Pennsylvania…YOU’RE TOO LATE…because it juuuuuuuust passssssssed byyyyyyyy!
Thanks, of course they are arguing that it would be a violation of their state Constitution not the US Constitution. Still, their post hoc remedy would clearly be in violation of the ex post facto clause of the United States Constitution. Yeah it's too late.
Old 21st November 2020, 05:31 PM   #2358
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

You don't even need to imagine (the inevitable old Trump Tweet).

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 21st November 2020 at 05:32 PM. Reason: clarify
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st November 2020, 05:48 PM   #2359
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Thanks, of course they are arguing that it would be a violation of their state Constitution not the US Constitution. Still, their post hoc remedy would clearly be in violation of the ex post facto clause of the United States Constitution. Yeah it's too late.
My hope is that this is not only dismissed, but the judge gives these clowns a full dressing-down of their “change the rules after we played the game” antics.

Old 21st November 2020, 05:50 PM   #2360
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Media is just as corrupt as the Election itself!
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics