ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , joe biden

Old 8th November 2020, 02:12 PM   #1
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

2020 Presidential Election part 3

Mod InfoContinuation thread from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=347718
Posted By:Darat
Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Yet Trump managed to increase his share of the black vote from 2016 levels.

I wonder how strong the statistical correlation is between Trumpanzees and Flat Earthers. That would be interesting.
Did he? I'll believe that after a full autopsy of Trump, Ooops, I mean the election has been performed.

Last edited by Darat; 8th November 2020 at 02:33 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:15 PM   #2
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Did he? I'll believe that after a full autopsy of Trump, Ooops, I mean the election has been performed.
I suspect that some black voters might have not liked Biden’s old Law & Order era from the early 90’s. I suspect those who were bothered by it the most weren’t even born in that era.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:15 PM   #3
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
I beg your PARDON? What could Joe Biden possibly offer DONALD TRUMP?
A conviction.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:17 PM   #4
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
It's morning in America...
For some, it's mourning in America.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:17 PM   #5
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's legal challenges aren't about winning the presidency in court. It's about grifting his supporters. I'd be surprised if more than 20% of the money raised is used for legal fees.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:20 PM   #6
TangyPoindexter
New Blood

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Uh, yes it is.
0n6ycytf06yg6/:'is gu dedicated for6yygg7pbb0 llllllllllllllllihjnnn ffgtdvftgrffgrx4vc6g6cm75a2g889s5zdfdcfcc6dcdccfcg gxx7yj5z

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
TangyPoindexter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:21 PM   #7
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
A conviction.
It's high time Trump had some convictions, he's lived his whole life without any.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:22 PM   #8
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by TangyPoindexter View Post
0n6ycytf06yg6/:'is gu dedicated for6yygg7pbb0 llllllllllllllllihjnnn ffgtdvftgrffgrx4vc6g6cm75a2g889s5zdfdcfcc6dcdccfcg gxx7yj5z

Great first post!
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:22 PM   #9
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

“We should look at the votes. We’re just beginning the tabulation stage. We should look at these allegations. We’re seeing a number of affidavits that there has been voter fraud. We have a history in this country of election problems. In Pennsylvania you had an order by a...

....Supreme Court Justice to compel them to separate ballots that were received after the legislative deadline. It required the intervention of Justice Alito. That’s a large group of ballots. When you talk about systemic problems, it’s about...

....how these ballots were authenticated, because if there’s a problem in the system about authentication, that would seriously affect the ENTIRE ELECTION - And what concerns me is that we had over a hundred million mail-in ballot in cites like Philladelphia...

...and Detroit with a long series of election problems (to put it mildly).” @JonathanTurley

“We believe these people are thieves. The big city machines are corrupt. This was a stolen election. Best pollster in Britain wrote this morning that this clearly was a stolen election, that it’s impossible to imagine that Biden outran Obama in some of these states.

....Where it mattered, they stole what they had to steal. @newtgingrich
So he doesn't know the ballots are still segregated and not in the count totals. That's what you get from slanted news. I wonder if Hannity told him that.

Hey Trumpy, that news is fake, edited for ratings.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:24 PM   #10
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I suspect that some black voters might have not liked Biden’s old Law & Order era from the early 90’s. I suspect those who were bothered by it the most weren’t even born in that era.
Yeah, that's possible. I do however remain skeptical.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:27 PM   #11
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I don't like that the media are calling the Trumpanzees skeptical of the ballot count. They are denying it. The media needs to stop being so PC.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:28 PM   #12
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Great first post!
I'm envious. Mine wasn't nearly as creative.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:30 PM   #13
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
It's high time Trump had some convictions, he's lived his whole life without any.
The next time someone asks him how many bars he's got, I hope he looks at the window instead of his phone.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:52 PM   #14
angrysoba
Philosophile

Great first post!
How strange: "Join Date: Nov 2014"
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:57 PM   #15
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

To console themselves, Trump's campaign have been sharing with each other and with Trump supporters a Washington Times headline from Bush's election in 2000 declaring Gore the winner, as a reminder that the media has sometimes Gotten It Wrong and therefore they should remain resolute.

The only problem is, it's a Photoshop fake - the Washington Times never reported a Gore win - and not only that, but it's such a poor Photoshop job that the actual article text beneath the "President Gore" headline explicitly states that Bush defeated Gore.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:02 PM   #16
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Great first post!
Something tells me his stay on this forum will be shortlived.

I find his post absolutely hilarious, because it is real-life example straight from certain satirical game where you are internet troll trolling various forums. This kind of post was troll attack of lowest power "drooling on keyboard".

Never thought I will see example in wild.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:11 PM   #17
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
Something tells me his stay on this forum will be shortlived.

I find his post absolutely hilarious, because it is real-life example straight from certain satirical game where you are internet troll trolling various forums. This kind of post was troll attack of lowest power "drooling on keyboard".

Never thought I will see example in wild.
It's a tapatalk post, which means it was done on a phone. Seems extremely likely that it was a pocket post.

Android kept changing my screen settings for a while and I accidentally called the police some 3 times while mowing my grass once.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:12 PM   #18
carlosy
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I don't like that the media are calling the Trumpanzees skeptical of the ballot count. They are denying it. The media needs to stop being so PC.
But... it's time for healing. Which means Reps asses need to be kissed and powdered. For some strange reason it's always the Dems responsibility to heal, while the Reps can smash everything to pieces.
carlosy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:12 PM   #19
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
So he doesn't know the ballots are still segregated and not in the count totals. That's what you get from slanted news. I wonder if Hannity told him that.

Hey Trumpy, that news is fake, edited for ratings.
THE ENTIRE ELECTION.

He's shooting for the whole election to be invalidated by the supreme court.

Last edited by a_unique_person; 8th November 2020 at 03:13 PM.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:17 PM   #20
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Nominated.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:19 PM   #21
Matthew Best
Philosopher

Great first post!
And great second post too!
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:20 PM   #22
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Kayleigh McEnany tweeted

@kayleighmcenany
ASK: Why were Republican poll watchers systematically blocked from observing the vote count?

It’s a simple question with no satisfactory answer!!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:21 PM   #23
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Watch @marklevinshow at 8:00 P.M. Will discuss the Mail-In Ballot Hoax!
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:24 PM   #24
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
To console themselves, Trump's campaign have been sharing with each other and with Trump supporters a Washington Times headline from Bush's election in 2000 declaring Gore the winner, as a reminder that the media has sometimes Gotten It Wrong and therefore they should remain resolute.

The only problem is, it's a Photoshop fake - the Washington Times never reported a Gore win - and not only that, but it's such a poor Photoshop job that the actual article text beneath the "President Gore" headline explicitly states that Bush defeated Gore.
The other problem is that it's the Washington Times, which

Quote:
...has published many columns which reject the scientific consensus on climate change, on ozone depletion, and on the harmful effects of second-hand smoke. It has drawn controversy for publishing racist content including conspiracy theories about U.S. President Barack Obama, supporting neo-Confederate historical revisionism, and promoting Islamophobia.
I mean, you'd think conservatives who want to give themselves hope by crowing about how the media has sometimes Gotten It Wrong could find fake a better example than one of their own.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:25 PM   #25
eerok
Quixoticist

Kayleigh McEnany tweeted

@kayleighmcenany
ASK: Why were Republican poll watchers systematically blocked from observing the vote count?

So I guess she'll be shopping her resume. She might as well skip any job opportunity that requires a grasp on reality.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:25 PM   #26
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Kayleigh McEnany tweeted

@kayleighmcenany

What is "Begging the Question". Logical fallacies for 400, Alex.

(In honor of the late, great, Alex Trebeck.)
Old 8th November 2020, 03:28 PM   #27
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

He's already reduced to b-rated conservative talk radio. Wow.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:34 PM   #28
AnonyMoose
Muse

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He's been known as "Teflon Don" for the past 30-40 years for good reason.

Nothing ever sticks to the guy.... criminal convictions, lawsuits. Nada.

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 8th November 2020 at 03:36 PM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:49 PM   #29
commandlinegamer
Philosopher

Apologies for adding to the tangential posts in this thread, but could we perhaps have a new pillory (no, I'm not suggesting the poster is a sock; it'd be a pretty long game if it were anyway)?
Old 8th November 2020, 03:52 PM   #30
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post

That was the nickname for John Gotti. Coincidentally, Rudy knows that well since he prosecuted Gotti. As much as I'd like to agree with you on this, I don't remember anyone before the last few years refer to Trump as that.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:55 PM   #31
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post

Oh, I thought they called him that because too much exposure to him causes cancer.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:59 PM   #32
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

It might be dawning on Trump which way things are headed.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 04:06 PM   #33
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

I was JUST about to say that!
Old 8th November 2020, 04:11 PM   #34
Distracted1
Philosopher

Citation needed.
Old 8th November 2020, 04:15 PM   #35
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Nominated.
I hate to be the Grammar Nazi here, but that apostrophe is incorrectly placed. The post should read,

0n6ycytf06yg6/:is gu dedicated for6yygg7pbb0 llllllllllllllllihjnnn ffgtdvftgrffgrx4vc6g6cm75a2g889s5zdfdcfcc6dcdccfcg gxx7yj5z
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 04:20 PM   #36
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

BREAKING - Rudy Giuliani has announced that at the Four Seasons Lawn & Garden, he has found Hunter Biden's old lawnmower. Details to follow...
Old 8th November 2020, 04:24 PM   #37
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
How strange: "Join Date: Nov 2014"
And their post count doubled when this thread was split to part 3.
Old 8th November 2020, 04:26 PM   #38
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
It might be dawning on Trump which way things are headed.
From that link:

Quote:
... two sources told Fox News that Trump would concede and execute a peaceful transfer of power if his campaign's legal challenges fall short of changing the projected outcome.
Someone is trying to make him sound reasonable, or save face, but take a look at that conditional statement. IF his legal challenges fail THEN he will concede and execute a peaceful transition of power. There's a fallacy there I can't quite put my finger on. IF his legal challenges fail, THEN he has no ******* leg to stand on whatsoever. The statement ... nullifies itself, is the best I can come up with. Or it's a tautology. IF he fails, then he fails. He doesn't have to concede. It's conventional, but it's not required. So why bother making a statement? He's welcome to stick to his guns, as far as I'm concerned. But the DOJ doesn't seem to be going all-in with him anymore. It never quite did, Barr's efforts notwithstanding.

ETA: L'etat, c'est ne pas Donald Trump.

Last edited by Minoosh; 8th November 2020 at 04:28 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 04:27 PM   #39
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Trump Tweets

Any soapbox in a storm, I guess.
Old 8th November 2020, 04:30 PM   #40
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

BREAKING - Rudy Giuliani has announced that at the Four Seasons Lawn & Garden, he has found Hunter Biden's old lawnmower. Details to follow...
There’s an Astroturfing joke in there somewhere, but I can’t find it.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics