ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Old 30th March 2008, 06:41 PM   #681
Apology
This title intentionally left blank

Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
The blog is pretty sad....and not surprising he is censoring comments.

I keep waiting for the day he puts his "BF" pics up along with the expert analysis, or the Ivory Billed Woodpecker pics...or the hair analysis report (to name a few). Seems the best he can manage is the same old stories that he brought up here.
I have to admit, it's a little lackluster without all of us drawing him out. I haven't tried commenting because I did promise him I wouldn't dog him on his own blog if he "friended" me.

Doesn't seem like he's making much progress on finding Bigfoot either. Seems he's gotten distracted from the target by his Bigfoot Nature Reserve plans.

Why do our favorite posters always end up banned, Locknar? Why oh why can't they behave?
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2008, 03:15 AM   #682
amb

The same old story. Never any concrete proof, a photo, video, this idiot claimed to have a hair sample which no one has seen, how could they, when it's in the confines of his twisted mind.
amb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2008, 09:16 AM   #683
drapier
Critical Thinker

Even in spite of all of his attempts to grift some money out of the bigfoot phenomenon, he had a certain innocence about the ways of the world that I found touching. I miss you, Creekfreak.
drapier is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2008, 09:20 AM   #684
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by drapier View Post
Even in spite of all of his attempts to grift some money out of the bigfoot phenomenon, he had a certain innocence about the ways of the world that I found touching. I miss you, Creekfreak.
It's either innocence/credulousness or pathological fantasy syndrome. I found an old thread that's been resurrected where CF claims to have known a sailor on the Phillidelphia who SAW sailors welded into the deck post experiment.

Really, his claims are truly outlandish.
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2008, 12:09 PM   #685
mkianni
New Blood

You can find him here on most days, chatting with others and watching for Bigfoot to make his big screen appearance.

Somewhat reminiscent of the Carter/Coy farm fiasco.
>>>edit out URL<<<

My pre submit post preview shows that I can't install URL's to websites.
Oh well, I'm just a damn newbie you know........
mkianni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2008, 12:12 PM   #686
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Originally Posted by Apology View Post
Why do our favorite posters always end up banned, Locknar? Why oh why can't they behave?
I think it's something in the water....that is the only logical explanation.
Old 31st March 2008, 02:42 PM   #687
Blackdog
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by mkianni View Post
You can find him here on most days, chatting with others and watching for Bigfoot to make his big screen appearance.

Somewhat reminiscent of the Carter/Coy farm fiasco.
>>>edit out URL<<<

My pre submit post preview shows that I can't install URL's to websites.
Oh well, I'm just a damn newbie you know........
Here ya go.

http://www.kentuckyincident.com/livefeed/video.aspx
Blackdog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2008, 06:16 PM   #688
mkianni
New Blood

Wink

thanks blackdog.
mkianni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2008, 06:06 AM   #689
Drewbot
Philosopher

Word on the 'Bigfoot Street' is that Creekfreak is not responding to emails, and people are 'worried'.

http://searchforbigfoot.org/index.ph...indpost&p=8096
Quote:
Drew yes I have, I was supposed to join him on his property, but he hasn't answered my e-mails. No one has heard from him in awhile, has me a little worried to be honest.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2008, 06:23 AM   #690
Worm
Master Poster

Here's hoping he's just decided to visit someone and not let people know.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2008, 04:15 PM   #691
cj419666

bigfoot? come on now
cj419666 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 02:15 AM   #692
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

Drewbot,
Let us know if there are any updates please.
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 03:35 AM   #693
amb

Originally Posted by chillzero View Post
Drewbot,
Let us know if there are any updates please.
Nice..er....necklace, chillzero. [in your avatar, that is.]
amb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 03:46 AM   #694
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ambnp View Post
Nice..er....necklace, chillzero. [in your avatar, that is.]
Thank you - it's a tattoo.
chillzero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 04:05 AM   #695
amb

Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Here's hoping he's just decided to visit someone and not let people know.
Maybe Bigfoot ate him when he got too close.
Or he could be held prisoner by B/foot for a ransome. Either way, we will soon know the outcome.
Old 29th May 2008, 07:53 PM   #696
GT/CS
Illuminator

Hopefully he didn't try to use that ridiculously unstable, top-heavy boat on a bigfoot hunt in the swamp.
Old 29th May 2008, 08:10 PM   #697
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

I think those helicopter pilots decided to shut him up.

Well, I really hope nothing bad happened to him. Hopefully he just went "in search of".

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 08:28 PM   #698
tiger
Banned

Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
I'd like to ask that the discussion from 'Another Bigfoot Thread' concerning the hair samples be merged here. I'd rather not but it may be best to set this thread to moderated status from the beginning considering past performances. I would really hope that it wouldn't be necessary.

Now this person has gotten hairs from a Bigfoot I am really curious how this happened.
tiger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 09:18 PM   #699
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

I'm hoping it's unpaid bills. If ol' freak harpooned himself in the bum, I just don't know what I'd do with myself.

Forget the pheromone chips this month, freak, and pay for your internet!

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th May 2008, 09:19 PM   #700
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Now this person has gotten hairs from a Bigfoot I am really curious how this happened.
It's not as exciting as it appears.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:08 AM   #701
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Hopefully he didn't try to use that ridiculously unstable, top-heavy boat on a bigfoot hunt in the swamp.
Well, there's that, or there's his promises to get a bigfoot dead or alive - I'm hoping he hasn't been arrested for shooting at someone. I think the boat is more likely though - and that's worrying.

As odd as he may be, I wouldn't wish harm on him.
Old 30th May 2008, 03:15 AM   #702
tiger
Banned

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
It's not as exciting as it appears.
Just curious of what the claim is on how they got the alleged hairs!
tiger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2008, 03:42 AM   #703
amb

Originally Posted by tiger View Post
Just curious of what the claim is on how they got the alleged hairs!
Alleged is right. No one has seen these hair samples or analyzed them, they could be human pubic hair for all we know. Untill this hair is produced in evidence we have to assume it's fake.
Old 30th May 2008, 12:31 PM   #704
bobhope2112
Thinker

Rat fart, Creekfreak just missed his chance at a second million.

Last edited by bobhope2112; 30th May 2008 at 12:33 PM.
bobhope2112 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2008, 02:31 PM   #705
tiger
Banned

Originally Posted by ambnp View Post
Alleged is right. No one has seen these hair samples or analyzed them, they could be human pubic hair for all we know. Untill this hair is produced in evidence we have to assume it's fake.
Kinda of figured it to be one of these phoney BS claims!
Old 12th June 2008, 04:44 AM   #706
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

*bump*

Still no news?
Old 12th June 2008, 04:48 AM   #707
amb

Originally Posted by chillzero View Post
*bump*

Still no news?
Hope your not holding your breath.
Old 12th June 2008, 04:50 AM   #708
chillzero
Penultimate Amazing

not particularly.
Old 26th August 2008, 07:22 AM   #709
desertgal
Illuminator

Slight thread drift warning: I came to this forum by way of RSL's site. Being interested in reading debate on general skepticism and the paranormal, this seemed like a good place to start. (For the record, I don't believe in Bigfoot, Nessie, or, after reading Vincent Bugliosi's recent book, the multi member JFK assassination plot. I don't disbelieve in them, either. I'm a factual gal.)

By pure coincidence, I have been collecting research for an article about Internet scams and hoaxes. I have to say, having browsed far and wide on the Internet, this forum does seem to attract some doozies. I discovered Creekfreak...Historian...Beckjord (and I hope, wherever he is now, he found some peace, because, judging by the hostility in his posts here, it doesn't seem like he found much in his mortal existence)...and, by links to other forums, Bulletmaker. A researcher's gold mine.

Primarily, I am interested in the behavior patterns of such people, so the threads here were illuminating-and the reading was purely for my own education. Most especially Creekfreak, who showed behavior patterns as reliably cyclic as the phases of the moon.

I just wanted to post this to give you all credit for your amazing patience with Creekfreak. You all never failed to continue to try and educate him, even though it seemed you might as well have been talking to a mangrove stump. Kudos to all of you.
desertgal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th August 2008, 02:09 PM   #710
GT/CS
Illuminator

I miss the big goof, as I'm sure Loch does.

Last edited by GT/CS; 26th August 2008 at 02:10 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th August 2008, 01:46 AM   #711
amb

Originally Posted by desertgal View Post
Slight thread drift warning: I came to this forum by way of RSL's site. Being interested in reading debate on general skepticism and the paranormal, this seemed like a good place to start. (For the record, I don't believe in Bigfoot, Nessie, or, after reading Vincent Bugliosi's recent book, the multi member JFK assassination plot. I don't disbelieve in them, either. I'm a factual gal.)

By pure coincidence, I have been collecting research for an article about Internet scams and hoaxes. I have to say, having browsed far and wide on the Internet, this forum does seem to attract some doozies. I discovered Creekfreak...Historian...Beckjord (and I hope, wherever he is now, he found some peace, because, judging by the hostility in his posts here, it doesn't seem like he found much in his mortal existence)...and, by links to other forums, Bulletmaker. A researcher's gold mine.

Primarily, I am interested in the behavior patterns of such people, so the threads here were illuminating-and the reading was purely for my own education. Most especially Creekfreak, who showed behavior patterns as reliably cyclic as the phases of the moon.

I just wanted to post this to give you all credit for your amazing patience with Creekfreak. You all never failed to continue to try and educate him, even though it seemed you might as well have been talking to a mangrove stump. Kudos to all of you.
Evidence. That's all the people of this forum ask for.
Show evidence for a certain belief or claim, and posters here will look at it.
Make outrages claims without concrete evidence, and the claimants will be shown the door.
Old 9th March 2018, 11:42 AM   #712
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Well, memory is unreliable. I do recall how insistent Creekfreak could get when insisting he had evidence! He had witnesses! A judge! Tens of hunters who'd had close-up encounters!

And when asked to let us speak to his witnesses, he became coy. He would name no witnesses because this isn't a courtroom.

Didn't he have the peculiar habit of preceding each punctuation mark with a blank space? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Yes, he always put a space before the final punctuation.
Old 9th March 2018, 12:42 PM   #713
Drewbot
Philosopher

You were able to bust him on a sock puppet because of that weren't you?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2018, 01:03 PM   #714
GT/CS
Illuminator

I think he also spelled ‘ridiculous’ incorrectly, or maybe that was Lil Mak.
Old 9th March 2018, 01:12 PM   #715
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
You were able to bust him on a sock puppet because of that weren't you?
I don't recall. Too many Bigfooter sockpuppets to remember them all.
Old 10th March 2018, 03:17 PM   #716
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Describing my interest in anything Creekfreak as absolute zero still feels like I'm giving the joker lump apparent victim of a prior hunting accident some credit. I can prove it in part by likely being the only still active forum member who didn't post in this or any other Creekfreak hijacked thread (prior to this post). I don't truly know what it was about him that "fascinated" so many (holding thread reunions 10 years later isn't "fascinated"?). Nor will I ask as to those reasons because I don't care (he wasn't any more "fascinating" on the BFF either, for the record), but I probably need to point out that such a collective "fascination" (710 posts in 8 months?) with obvious and ridiculous Bigfoot storytelling is exactly what we have described before as BLAARGing. BLAARGing isn't about believing in Bigfoot, it's about participating in it. Curiously, one can't actually BLAARG alone, but it's quite easy in large numbers.

Just sayin'.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 05:15 AM   #717
kali1137
Muse

So between this thread and a link to another in a different post, I fell into a week long Creekfreak wormhole. I am sad that I missed this. Is the fellow still around on other forums or is he considered a bigfoot hostage to this day?
kali1137 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 09:25 AM   #718
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

I've wondered about this too.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 12:43 PM   #719
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Speaking only for myself, I was interested in his persona and his thought processes. In theory, it should be possible to demonstrate to someone that an opinion not based on fact is not trustworthy and that in some cases, it is just plain wrong.

People are invested in protecting their beliefs. Everyone is--including me. Still, examining the beliefs should be possible for everyone. When Creekfreak posted his helicopter photo, it looked to me like something inanimate mistaken for a gorilla-like creature. I'm not remotely a photo expert, but it certainly didn't look like a living animal. Trying to engage him in a discussion of why he thought it was--when he said he hadn't even noticed it until someone else pointed it out to him--posters prodded him into unlikely and elaborated tales, including being spied upon by a juvenile hominid while in the company of a notable and respected judge. He offered this as evidence, but when I requested the name of the judge, he refused.

Now, I find this behavior interesting, that's all. If true, he at least had a corroborating witness. If false, well, he was obviously protecting his beliefs, though in what I considered a wrong-headed way. I didn't try to attack him, though, but to learn his reasons. Sometimes Creek was funny, sometimes abusive, but his stories and arguments just interested me. That's why I wonder what happened to him. I've had arguments with people whose stance I despised, but years later, I wonder "Hmm, whatever happened to X?"

It's no big deal. If there's something on a forum that I think is not interesting, the easy solution is simply not to read it.

Last edited by Spektator; 3rd April 2018 at 12:45 PM.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2018, 04:51 PM   #720
Jodie
Philosopher

I met him quite by accident once back in 2010. It was when all that Enoch blather was going on. I happened to be on my way to Tampa for a conference and was cutting across the middle of Florida. I happened to pass thru his tiny town and happened to stop for lunch. This red neck fellow pulls up in an old beat up truck pulling this old boat with CreekFreak stenciled across it. I thought to myself, " No, what are the odds? It can't possibly be the same person." I waited until he sat down and ordered, introduced myself as "Jodie from the BFF" and we had a nice lunch. What you saw on here is pretty much close to what he's like in real life. Ernest T.Bass with a Bigfoot complex.
"When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now. The child is grown, the dream is gone. I have become comfortably numb. " Pink Floyd
Jodie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal