ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , Claudia Ackley , cryptozoology , lawsuits , todd standing

Old 11th March 2018, 07:21 AM   #121
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Lowering the Bar is on the case.
Old 19th March 2018, 12:44 PM   #122
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

http://bigfootforums.com/topic/59316...awsuit/?page=1
Good grief....this is a great read and example of the deluded mindset of footers (HIFLIER). Not only does he not know what the case is about, the tizzy that is generated covers Bigfoot/UFO conspiracies on a worldwide scale, to magical powers that we are subjected to, before someone finally explains to him what it's really about.
Again a very revealing look into the mind of someone who will completely fabricated a false narrative before getting the facts.

Last edited by Cervelo; 19th March 2018 at 12:46 PM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th March 2018, 11:30 PM   #123
DevilsAdvocate
Illuminator

California was to issue a response today. I don't see any documents yet. I'm on pins and needles to see the response. I am much more interested in the legal angle than the biological or paranormal angle. As far as the legal issue, this should be a slam dunk for California, but I'm curious to see how they approach this. Do they hammer every little thing, or do they go for a simple, primary cause for dismissal? Probably somewhere in between; but what do they choose to attack in detail and what do they try to dismiss out of hand?

I think they will attack the complaint on general terms. My guess is they will concentrate on:

1. Lack of standing.
2. Web page mission statements are not a valid cause of action.
3. Legally required investigations of diseases and "problems" with wildlife are met and allow for discretion of focus.
4. Appropriate remedy is already available by petition for recognition as threatened or endangered species.
Heaven forbid someone reads these words and claims to be adversely affected by them, thus ensuring a barrage of lawsuits filed under the guise of protecting the unknowing victims who were stupid enough to read this and believe it! - Kevin Trudeau
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 09:16 AM   #124
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

While I'm no DevilsAdvocate, I'd not bet against 'frivolous'. The underlying claim (Bigfoot lives) has no basis in fact.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2018, 04:17 PM   #125
DevilsAdvocate
Illuminator

Aww, shucks! She dropped the lawsuit. She says her lawyers told her she would be "eaten alive" (by the defense, not by a Bigfoot). She says she now has an actual lawyer and plans to refile properly. Don't hold your breath. The only question now is whether California will sue her for wasting their time.
Heaven forbid someone reads these words and claims to be adversely affected by them, thus ensuring a barrage of lawsuits filed under the guise of protecting the unknowing victims who were stupid enough to read this and believe it! - Kevin Trudeau
DevilsAdvocate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 11:23 AM   #126
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
http://bigfootforums.com/topic/59316...awsuit/?page=1
Good grief....this is a great read and example of the deluded mindset of footers (HIFLIER). Not only does he not know what the case is about, the tizzy that is generated covers Bigfoot/UFO conspiracies on a worldwide scale, to magical powers that we are subjected to, before someone finally explains to him what it's really about.
Again a very revealing look into the mind of someone who will completely fabricated a false narrative before getting the facts.
That hiflier never met a conspiracy he didn't fall for. He is impervious to any evidence that negates the pro-bigfoot hypothesis. An unsinkable rubber duck, he is.

Bill Donohue
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st March 2018, 08:19 PM   #127
xterra
So far, so good...

Location: On the outskirts of Nowhere; the middle was too crowded
Here is the article from the San Bernardino Sun announcing the dismissal:

https://www.sbsun.com/2018/03/20/cal...issed-for-now/

Last edited by xterra; 21st March 2018 at 08:20 PM.
xterra is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:59 AM   #128
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Another bigfoot entrepreneur.

Bill Donohue
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:06 AM   #129
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
That hiflier never met a conspiracy he didn't fall for. He is impervious to any evidence that negates the pro-bigfoot hypothesis. An unsinkable rubber duck, he is.
Don't forget he's already "proven" Patty real http://bigfootforums.com/topic/57919...s-real/?page=1
I believe he claims to have or is going to write a book with his ruminations of all things Bigfootish. I'd love to see him have the balls to join here and serve up some of his blatherings.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 11:24 AM   #130
Drewbot
Philosopher

Have the Bigfooters been right about just one thing yet?

I almost wish there was one thing that they could say "hey we were right about _____."

But they are just wrong time after time.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 01:55 PM   #131
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

I almost wish there was one thing that they could say "hey we were right about _____."

Sure they have claimed to be right about so much....in the deluded echo chamber that is BFF. It's only in that skeptic free zone that their alternate reality can be declared "truth" as HIFLIER claims.
Old 23rd March 2018, 02:35 PM   #132
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

They're a bit like Sovereign Citizens that way.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:01 PM   #133
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
They're a bit like Sovereign Citizens that way.
More than a bit. I'll bet there's overlap.

Bill Donohue
Old 23rd March 2018, 03:10 PM   #134
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
More than a bit. I'll bet there's overlap.
Then maybe they'd have better luck suing in admiralty court.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd March 2018, 04:30 PM   #135
SpitfireIX
Illuminator

Only if the flag has a gold fringe.
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th March 2018, 02:02 AM   #136
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by xterra View Post
Here is the article from the San Bernardino Sun announcing the dismissal:

https://www.sbsun.com/2018/03/20/cal...issed-for-now/
She says she's coming back with fingerprints, footprints and DNA to prove her case.

How does one go about fingerprinting a bear 30 feet up in a tree? Perhaps she obtained the DNA from her wounds.
Old 24th March 2018, 03:33 PM   #137
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

From a Lifespring™ seminar in the early 80's I've mentioned before. The basis of play and how-to-win of any game is contained within its rules, i.e. including the 'game of life'. So using a ridiculous example, when you're playing baseball you can't randomly pick up a football, run directly to second base and yell touchdown and expect it to count. Why not? Because the rules of baseball don't allow it. There's no provision in the rules for scoring in that way. Thus, if and when you actually do run directly to second with a football, you're not playing baseball anymore, you're playing some other game that only appears to be like baseball because it's apparently also played on a baseball field.

The same is true for the Wood Bigfoot Ape Nation™. We sit here pounding our heads against the wall (metaphorically) trying to understand, say, WTF NAWAC is really up to or how can people like DWA actually exist, all the while thinking they're playing the same game we're playing, Truth Seeking, when in fact they're playing some other, totally different game that just happens to contain a Bigfoot element also.

"Can't these guys see that was a bear and not some stupid Bigfoot?"

Yes of course they can, and probably did a million times, but the game they're playing isn't called Find The Real Bigfoot Using The Best Science Available. They know they'd never win at that game. The game they play is called more simply Find Bigfoot. So she did what any good Bigfooter does, she found Bigfoot. 30 feet up a tree at night in bad lighting. And **** you for saying otherwise.

I think the only reason she filed any action was because Todd Standing needed another upright human pawn to continue on with his exploits. The very act of trying to legitimize a ghost as real through decree instead of its own self-evident existence shows the absurd lengths Wood Bigfoot Ape Nation™ will go to play their game. That is to say the "rules" of a legitimate hunt for a legitimate beast wouldn't include a subsection for stopping by the courts on your way out of town "just in case" you don't come back with whatever you went seeking.

Last edited by HarryHenderson; 24th March 2018 at 03:34 PM.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal