ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 

Notices


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Reply
Old 28th January 2008, 01:11 PM   #1
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
Creekfreak's Bigfoot hair samples and other non-photo related claims.

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Ive got 4 large amounts of different hair samples from bigfoots if anyone wants to pay for them to be dna tested let me know .
I will give them up for free just to shut some of you up .
I'd like to ask that the discussion from 'Another Bigfoot Thread' concerning the hair samples be merged here. I'd rather not but it may be best to set this thread to moderated status from the beginning considering past performances. I would really hope that it wouldn't be necessary.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:16 PM   #2
this charming man
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,046
If anyone can get a scientist at Florida State University to do the testing, I would be willing to act as a liaison. I live in Tallahassee, and Creekfreak is not too far from here either.

eta: I know some people in the bio-lab at FSU; I may be able to ask if this would be possible.

Last edited by this charming man; 28th January 2008 at 01:20 PM.
this charming man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:18 PM   #3
sinclairmcevoy
Philosopher
 
sinclairmcevoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 8,187
I'd be willing to pay if I thought there was any chance of them being from 'bigfoots".
Why can't the people with the samples do these things themselves in order to shut people up? Oh yeah...
You can spend your time and resources chasing, documenting and collecting samples but just can't to seem to have your findings verified.
Hint...Stop spending your money on searching, you have the evidence already, and spend it on DNA tests. Simple.
__________________
Don't argue with me. Don't you know who I think I am?
sinclairmcevoy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:26 PM   #4
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 19,970
http://www.isu.edu/~meldd/
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:26 PM   #5
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
I dont why there is a delay .
Could it be they considered the source dubious and didn't waste resources testing? Is this the place you sent them? You gave it as a link in your MDC thread when asked for proof that you sent the hair for testing (that is not proof, BTW):

http://onprc.ohsu.edu/

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Ive found two more hair samples but I am not sending them tell I hear back from the first I sent .
You never told me how and under what circumstances the other samples were collected. Could you please answer the question and also for these two new samples?

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Meldrum will get nothing from me .
Why?

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Come on down kit man up theres a bigfoot waiting to meet you .
If so, and they behave in the manner you claim, how come you can produce no reliable evidence for them? These creatures that raid your trash and come into your home and jack your cans of beans with your screwdrivers.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:28 PM   #6
LazyPint
Too Tired to Sleep
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 140
What would a DNA test show? If the species is unknown, is that what would come back?

Or would it be some sort of primate DNA? Or invisible DNA?
LazyPint is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:38 PM   #7
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 19,970
You will often find footers using degraded DNA to test. Just look at that Monsterquest episode. DNA that had been out in the weather for 2 years.

Then when the test is inconclusive, they can claim a sort of victory. It's never inconclusive because of the degradation. It's always inconclusive because it's unknown DNA, read sasquatch.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 01:57 PM   #8
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
I was going to bring up freak's 'pyramids in the bible' claim but I see here I missed Locknar's thread on the matter in R&P. This three page thread is a great primer on how freak responds when his claims are completely deflated:

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=102424
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Creekfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 796
FSU would be fine with me while your at it ask them if they have a department to analize photos .
Yes kit thats where the hair was sent .
Ive answered your question about meldrum before dont bring his name up to me again hes a low life .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 02:23 PM   #10
Creekfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 796
As far as collecting the samples I used a set of hemostats that where cleaned with acetone to pick them up then they where placed in clean plain white paper then wraped and marked as bigfoot hair good enough ?
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator
 
Locknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 25.8333 N, 77.9000 W
Posts: 23,356
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
FSU would be fine with me while your at it ask them if they have a department to analize photos .
Yes kit thats where the hair was sent .
Ive answered your question about meldrum before dont bring his name up to me again hes a low life .
When did you send your sample off, to whom, how, when is the last time you checked on an update, who is your POC, what specifically did they say they would do? Were these samples intact (ie. roots and all) or simply just hair, what color, how long, etc.?

Like most of your other claims, I'll wager you never sent anything to be tested...prove me wrong. Answering the questions I've asked would help you establish some level of credibility in terms of your claim.

ETA: What is your issue with Meldrum? He is a "BF" proponent...have you been in contact with him and he shoot down your claims as unbelievable/false?
__________________
He's back!

Last edited by Locknar; 28th January 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 02:32 PM   #12
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Ive answered your question about meldrum before dont bring his name up to me again hes a low life .
What, you mean this?:

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Thats hard to say brother I guess it would depened on there immune systems ability to fight off infection if you ask me doing something like this is mean as hell . I have lost all respect for meldrum for doing this he will never get any evidence from me after doing something like this .
This was in response about the nail board from the Monster Quest sasquatch episode. What's going on in there? You think he actually set out the nail board? I mean, you don't actually think that, do you? You knew what you were talking about before you started hating him, right?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 02:46 PM   #13
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
As far as collecting the samples I used a set of hemostats that where cleaned with acetone to pick them up then they where placed in clean plain white paper then wraped and marked as bigfoot hair good enough ?
Actually, no. It's not good enough, freak. The first four you mention you said were large amounts. Under what circumstances did you collect the hair and what gives you any reason to believe they are from a bigfoot? Again, if you would like someone here to assist with getting the samples tested, why don't you make the basic first step of posting images of these four large amounts of hair from different bigfoots and the two new samples?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 02:57 PM   #14
sthomson
Muse
 
sthomson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 930
There are private firms that do DNA testing. This would cost some money, but I think they would be more amenable to something like this (rather than an academic institution, who would worry about their reputation). Unfortunately, in cases like this (hair samples of indeterminate age and quality) the best results are going to be from mitochondrial DNA tests. While there are hundreds of private labs that perform nuclear DNA testing for a variety of reasons, it's going to be rather difficult to find a private lab which will perform mitochondrial DNA studies. So perhaps UFla is going to be the best bet, after all...
sthomson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 03:04 PM   #15
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
Originally Posted by Locknar View Post
Like most of your other claims, I'll wager you never sent anything to be tested...prove me wrong. Answering the questions I've asked would help you establish some level of credibility in terms of your claim.
Here's what I'm guessing, Lock. I think if anything, freak stuck something in the mail and that was it. Maybe an "ive cent yuo sum bigfut heyr" e-mail. Remember, in the MDC thread he was cornered and demanded for proof that he sent the sample(s) and promised he would the following day. In typical freak fashion sometime later he posted a link the Oregon Primate Research Center website as though it meant something.

In freak logic he's clean. Noboby can prove he didn't send anything and no response to whatever was sent is out of his hands. It's not his fault, you see? It's teh siantists folt. Or maybe teh post offise! Regardless, he's done his duty as a maverick researcher and it's the system's failure for not supporting him.
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 03:05 PM   #16
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 20,182
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
...a set of hemostats that where cleaned with acetone...


http://www.deniskitchen.com/Merchant..._FFFB.RP.B.JPG

Mod WarningRemember to obey the copyright rules and to attack the argument not the arguer.
Posted By:LibraryLady
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.

Last edited by LibraryLady; 29th January 2008 at 05:47 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 03:25 PM   #17
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
Originally Posted by sthomson View Post
While there are hundreds of private labs that perform nuclear DNA testing for a variety of reasons, it's going to be rather difficult to find a private lab which will perform mitochondrial DNA studies. So perhaps UFla is going to be the best bet, after all...
Freak needs to feel the love again for Meldrum and see if he can get resident Monster Quest punk rock mohawk DNA doc Professor Todd Disotell of NYU to test the hair for a Swamp Beast episode part deux.

Go to 4:35:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hkG-hS9iFXM&feature=related
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 28th January 2008 at 03:27 PM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 03:34 PM   #18
sthomson
Muse
 
sthomson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 930
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Freak needs to feel the love again for Meldrum and see if he can get resident Monster Quest punk rock mohawk DNA doc Professor Todd Disotell of NYU to test the hair for a Swamp Beast episode part deux.

Go to 4:35:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hkG-hS9iFXM&feature=related
I haven't seen that show, and furthermore I've only taken a few mol. and gen. bio courses in my time, but it seems to me that the reason all these DNA samples come back "inconclusive" is because they're using the wrong techniques for the sample - for example, I know that shafts of hair, as well as very old or very small samples of DNA (like from a blood spot), do not contain much nuclear DNA, and thus it's unsuprising that there have been no results from those quarters. Can anyone else comment as to whether mitochondrial DNA can be used to differentiate between a human and non-human sample of hair?

(I should mention, by the way, that it is to the discredit of Bigfoot researchers if they continue to crow results with nuclear DNA testing on old, contaminated, or unsuitable samples of DNA).
sthomson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 03:50 PM   #19
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator
 
Locknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 25.8333 N, 77.9000 W
Posts: 23,356
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
Here's what I'm guessing, Lock. I think if anything, freak stuck something in the mail and that was it. Maybe an "ive cent yuo sum bigfut heyr" e-mail. Remember, in the MDC thread he was cornered and demanded for proof that he sent the sample(s) and promised he would the following day. In typical freak fashion sometime later he posted a link the Oregon Primate Research Center website as though it meant something.

In freak logic he's clean. Noboby can prove he didn't send anything and no response to whatever was sent is out of his hands. It's not his fault, you see? It's teh siantists folt. Or maybe teh post offise! Regardless, he's done his duty as a maverick researcher and it's the system's failure for not supporting him.
I suspect you are right; of course Creekfreak help establish credibility on this claim by answering the simple questions I've asked. Proof is in the pudding (to coin the phrase); the more details (that can be verified) the more credibility he would establish wrt his claims.

I mean, certainly if he really mailed the stuff he didn't just dump it in an envelop addressed to "ANYONE" at OHSU.
__________________
He's back!
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 04:29 PM   #20
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator
 
Locknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 25.8333 N, 77.9000 W
Posts: 23,356
Originally Posted by kitakaze View Post
This was in response about the nail board from the Monster Quest sasquatch episode. What's going on in there? You think he actually set out the nail board? I mean, you don't actually think that, do you? You knew what you were talking about before you started hating him, right?
You think this is the reason? Well I can see where Creekfreak might have a point...then again, I seem to recall him saying he'd shoot and kill one to prove they exist.

Nail in foot bad...shooting good (at least according to Creekfreak)?
__________________
He's back!
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 06:09 PM   #21
Creekfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 796
lock if its that importent to you it was taken in an envolope by my research partner that was going to part of the pnw to give it to them personaly .
That was months ago the last I talked to him he had given it to them and was waiting for the results .
At this time I have not been able to contact him by email or by phone .
If something happened to the hair its no big deal I have plenty more .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 06:20 PM   #22
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator
 
Locknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 25.8333 N, 77.9000 W
Posts: 23,356
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
lock if its that importent to you it was taken in an envolope by my research partner that was going to part of the pnw to give it to them personaly .
That was months ago the last I talked to him he had given it to them and was waiting for the results .
At this time I have not been able to contact him by email or by phone .
If something happened to the hair its no big deal I have plenty more .
Wow...you ok? Didn't pull anything in your back did you? I worry about ya...all the contortions you gotta do to be so vague in your answers, you are gonna hurt yourself.

Research partner? Holy surprises Batman....after all this time this is the first you've mentioned a partner.

So to get this straight...you have hair samples you feel may conclusively prove "BF", and your strategy was to give them to this partner...who is never heard from again? Did this partner say who their POC was, who they gave the samples to, what tests were to be performed, etc?

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and suggest this "partner" threw your samples away, has blocked your calls and e-mails.
__________________
He's back!
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 06:32 PM   #23
Creekfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 796
Thats about the size of it lock I even gave him some as a gift .
I never said he was never heard from again just not lately he could be in the mountains out there dead for all I know .

Hes not the only research partner I have ether lock does that shock you ?
Beleave it or not I am still very respected by some .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 06:40 PM   #24
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator
 
Locknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 25.8333 N, 77.9000 W
Posts: 23,356
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Thats about the size of it lock I even gave him some as a gift .
I never said he was never heard from again just not lately he could be in the mountains out there dead for all I know .

Hes not the only research partner I have ether lock does that shock you ?
Beleave it or not I am still very respected by some .
I must say I'm suprised...as you've never mentioned a partner; not here, other sites you post to (or did post to), or on your "Captains log".

Speaking of which, your myspace page is about the worst I've EVER seen...the camouflage background is absolutely awful; please consider changing it. Not trying to insult you...give some constructive feedback for what its worth.
__________________
He's back!
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 06:41 PM   #25
mikeyx
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,568
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
FSU would be fine with me while your at it ask them if they have a department to analize photos .
Yes kit thats where the hair was sent .
Ive answered your question about meldrum before dont bring his name up to me again hes a low life .
pot and kettle, spanky...
mikeyx is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 06:50 PM   #26
Creekfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 796
I havent seen the camo it doesent show when I log on so I dident know what it looked like thanks for pointing that out .

No I dont talk about my partners or for them they can talk for themselfs .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 08:04 PM   #27
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator
 
Locknar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 25.8333 N, 77.9000 W
Posts: 23,356
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
I havent seen the camo it doesent show when I log on so I dident know what it looked like thanks for pointing that out .
Now if you'd only take other comments/suggestions in the similar fashion vs seeing everything as an attack.....
__________________
He's back!
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 08:48 PM   #28
PBTree
Muse
 
PBTree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 521
Has anyone ever found any bigfoot poo? (probably been asked before but I haven't seen it). Surely that would be just the thing to test.

With something this big roaming the woods and judging by the size of an orang utangs droppings (saw it in a zoo once), this thing must drop huge piles all over the place.

Let's say it is 25 years old. Just based upon 15 years of adult life and 1 poo a day, you can imagine how many piles of poop are sitting out there. If there is more than one BF, then multiply it by how many there are and 'bobs your uncle', BF poop everywhere.

If they inhabit the woods around where creekfreak lives, then droppings should be a regular find.
__________________
.
So the gods gave us Leprosy because.......?
PBTree is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 09:48 PM   #29
bobhope2112
Thinker
 
bobhope2112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by PBTree View Post
Has anyone ever found any bigfoot poo?
I read in an earlier thread that Creekfreak's bigfoot had laid a big pile in his front yard. How about it CF, wouldn't that be a good source of nuclear DNA?
bobhope2112 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 11:52 PM   #30
fromdownunder
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,799
Originally Posted by bobhope2112 View Post
I read in an earlier thread that Creekfreak's bigfoot had laid a big pile in his front yard. How about it CF, wouldn't that be a good source of nuclear DNA?
IIRC, he mowed the lawn, and all the evidence got mowed away, 'cause he did not consider it that important. (If an itinerant tramp **** all over my lawn, I would not consider it all that important either.

I really feel sorry for Creek - every time he gets evidence for anything, it gets stolen, given away (and never heard from again - of course neither is the person who stole the evidence - except the person who stole the bungee cord), or the entire Government has this amazing conspiracy to stop Creek from revealing the greatest story of our time, or refuse to fund his "research".

And the members of this forum are just as bad, refusing to pay for his STUFF when he was almost willing to provide pruuff.

You have had a sad life Creek, and everybody is out to rob you. You have my deepest sympathy - your life experience has truly touched my heart, and I hope that one day you will get exactly what you deserve.

Norm

Last edited by fromdownunder; 28th January 2008 at 11:56 PM.
fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th January 2008, 11:57 PM   #31
halofish2000
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 162
Poo, prints, hair will not prove anything the existence of a bigfoot. The existence of something, maybe. Live, dead or partial specimen will be the key. Btw, I am now a beliver....just saw Harry and the Hendersons with my kid.
halofish2000 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 12:26 AM   #32
Akhenaten
Heretic Pharaoh
 
Akhenaten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pi-Broadford, Australia
Posts: 29,679
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
I havent seen the camo it doesent show when I log on so I dident know what it looked like thanks for pointing that out .

No I dont talk about my partners or for them they can talk for themselfs .
But are they able to express themselfs as lucidly as you do?
Akhenaten is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 01:59 AM   #33
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole
 
kitakaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sapporo ichiban!
Posts: 9,240
OK, freak, forget about the samples you gave to your missing 'research partner'. After you gave them (some as a *sigh* gift) to your buddy you don't know what happened.

As a researcher you should be able to provide the following for the four large amount samples and the two more recent:

1) A written detailed description of the morphology and characteristics. The condition (roots present), length, colour, thickness, etc.

2) A written detailed description of the circumstances around the collection of the samples including what about those circumstances brought you to the conclusion that you were collecting bigfoot hair as opposed to some known species or non-animal fibers.

3) Visual documentation of the samples. Preferably before and after collection.

Mind you, that's just to start. But if you're going to come making the claim that you are a researcher who has bigfoot hair samples, it should be the very least you can do and by no means should anyone else have to explain that to you. Do you understand?

Also, please address the issue. Prof. Meldrum is a viable resource in seeking to have testing done on your samples. Is your reason for despising him because you think he set out a screw board trap for an unwary bigfoot to step on? If that is the case, you're completely out to lunch. He simply examined a board that had been left outside for two years that had been set by the owner of the cabin to deter bears. So what's the real deal, freak?
__________________
Until better evidence is provided, the best solution to the PGF is that it is a man in a suit. -Astrophotographer.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 29th January 2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: repetition
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 07:16 AM   #34
Maldon
Thinker
 
Maldon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: denmark
Posts: 143
And maybe you don't even need to have the fur tested for DNA.
IMO it would seem reasonable to start out with an microscopic analysis, as it may be enough to conclude that the hairs are from bear, dog etc.
Would be cheaper too, I think.
Maldon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 07:42 AM   #35
Loss Leader
Do you want to date my Avatar?
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,252
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
At this time I have not been able to contact him by email or by phone.


I'm told the same thing happened to Marie Curie. She was unable to contact her research partner by email or phone and was reduced to yelling up the stairs to him. "Pierre," she would holler, "Pick up your socks!"
__________________
I have the honor to be
Your Obdt. St

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 09:22 AM   #36
Creekfreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 796
Ive been looking for an inexpencive microscope but havent found one yet so I can compare it to a of some pictures of hair meldrum beleaves is bigfoot hair .
As for the excrement I did talk to the bfro about it when they where out here and they told me unless it was very fresh it was no good .
You have to get it while its still warm they told me .
I dident mow over it I pushed the mower on top of it and left it there I asked them if they wanted to see it and they where not even intrested .
No kit he is the one that left the board anyone that would harm an animal just to get a sample is a low life in my book .
They are all the same Ive got a biologist here that keeps telling me to do the same thing I wont do it doing something like this is not ethical .
Even if he wasent the one that put it there he was involved when you bust a whore house you bust the piano player too .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 09:29 AM   #37
Cuddles
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,534
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
anyone that would harm an animal just to get a sample is a low life in my book .
So you're not planning on mounting a harpoon on your boat and going out bigfoot hunting anymore?
Cuddles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 09:39 AM   #38
LordoftheLeftHand
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,188
Originally Posted by PBTree View Post
Has anyone ever found any bigfoot poo? (probably been asked before but I haven't seen it). Surely that would be just the thing to test.

With something this big roaming the woods and judging by the size of an orang utangs droppings (saw it in a zoo once), this thing must drop huge piles all over the place.

Let's say it is 25 years old. Just based upon 15 years of adult life and 1 poo a day, you can imagine how many piles of poop are sitting out there. If there is more than one BF, then multiply it by how many there are and 'bobs your uncle', BF poop everywhere.

If they inhabit the woods around where creekfreak lives, then droppings should be a regular find.
Typically the bigfeet fling the poo at people's cameras. That is why no one can get a good picture of one!

LLH
LordoftheLeftHand is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 09:45 AM   #39
Elvis666
Critical Thinker
 
Elvis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 310
Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
Ive been looking for an inexpencive microscope but havent found one yet so I can compare it to a of some pictures of hair meldrum beleaves is bigfoot hair .
Orion Telescopes carries some inexpensive models for kids that are sufficient to examining hairs and are only $50 or $60 dollars. Go to www-dot-telescope-dot-com to check them out.
Elvis666 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 10:42 AM   #40
Mister Earl
Illuminator
 
Mister Earl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,504
Creek, could you PM me the name and number of your researcher? I'd like to see what his initial impressions were, as well as the status on the tests. I am very interested.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:07 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.