ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , creekfreak

Old 29th January 2008, 10:49 AM   #41
Creekfreak
Banned

There wouldent be any suffering if I killed one cud I dont want to have to do that though .
Ive been planing on a microscope for a long time but there has been many expences I still dont have a good camara yet .
And I probly wont get one for a while now that Ive been layed off from my job .
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 10:51 AM   #42
kitakaze
Resident DJ/NSA Supermole

Originally Posted by Creekfreak View Post
No kit he is the one that left the board anyone that would harm an animal just to get a sample is a low life in my book .
They are all the same Ive got a biologist here that keeps telling me to do the same thing I wont do it doing something like this is not ethical .
Even if he wasent the one that put it there he was involved when you bust a whore house you bust the piano player too .
What on earth are you talking about, freak? Do you have any idea at all?

Show me, freak. Show me on what you are basing the statement that Meldrum is the one who left the screw board. Can you do that? You are saying it here as fact so you must certainly have confidence in your source to flatly state I am mistaken. I am eagerly awaiting being proven wrong.

Now read this well, freak. Will you have the integrity to admit your mistake if you are proven wrong? Do you know what retract and apologize means?

While your thinking about that please watch this episode of Monster Quest entitled 'Sasquatch Attack':

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ShsjDa-2u9I

The show centers on a cabin in Northern Ontario at Snelgrove Lake. It is a lodge rented to visiting fisherman owned by one Chuck Mosbeck. In the fall of 2002 Chuck's father comes to check on the cabin as Chuck had forgotten to put anti-freeze in the drains prior to leaving. He discovered that the cabin had been broken into and torn apart. In 2003 Mosbeck laid the bed of screws as deterent to bears to protect his property. Sometime later, after approximately three days of absence from the cabin Mosbeck returns and finds blood on the screw board. Some two years later for the taping of Monster Quest Jeff Meldrum and microbiologist with the University of Minnesota Kirk Nelson are asked to come to the cabin and investigate.

These things you will see with your own eyes in the first two clips of the episode. After seeing this will you retract and apologize? It's not so hard to do. And after seeing that you have no legitimate reason to hate Meldrum will you still make some excuse not to seek him out in getting your alledged bigfoot hair tested? You do after all want to validate your claims about bigfoot, don't you? I look forward to your response, freak.

2 prints, 1 trackway, same 'dermals'? 'Unfortunately no' says Meldrum.

I want to see bigfoot throw a pig... Is that wrong? -LTC8K6

Last edited by kitakaze; 29th January 2008 at 10:53 AM.
kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 10:55 AM   #43
Creekfreak
Banned

My research partner or the researcher that tested the hair ?
Creekfreak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 10:55 AM   #44
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

There wouldent be any suffering if I killed one cud I dont want to have to do that though .
Ive been planing on a microscope for a long time but there has been many expences I still dont have a good camara yet .
And I probly wont get one for a while now that Ive been layed off from my job .

The sheer weight of these excuses is starting to overwhelm me. I can hardly breathe.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:04 AM   #45
Mister Earl
Illuminator

Both, if possible, Creek.
Mister Earl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:07 AM   #46
Creekfreak
Banned

The story I got was he was involved It could have been worng .
I would have sent it to him first off if I thought he was the one to send it to at the time I felt Dr fahernbock spelled worng was the one to send it to at the oregon primate center .
It seems to me if you think you may have hair from an unknown primate wouldent you send it to the primate experts ?
These same experts that have tested bigfoot hair before ?
I think I made the right move sending it there if you think meldrum would be the best to send it too please explaine why ?
Old 29th January 2008, 11:18 AM   #47
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

I'm actually drawing a blank on why anybody expects hair samples to produce fruitful 'DNA tests'.

1. Contamination: anything inert like hair found in the wild will be scattered with DNA from a thousand species. You can get DNA off of rocks without difficulty, for example.

2. Assuming the hair samples had cells attached, so you'd have some confidence they're associated with the actual hair, 'DNA test' is a vague term. What kind of test is performed? Is it just a search for key indicator segments of candidate species?
Old 29th January 2008, 11:24 AM   #48
Creekfreak
Banned

you also have to remember you need a body to compare it to .
Just the fact it is unknown is not good enough but the fact it is unknown gives enough reason to find out more about the creature it came from .
Old 29th January 2008, 11:26 AM   #49
Loss Leader

I would have sent it to him first off if I thought he was the one to send it to at the time I felt Dr fahernbock spelled worng was the one to send it to at the oregon primate center .

To whom exactly did you send it? I cannot find any listing for any Dr. Fahernbock or any similar named person whatsoever. I can find no Oregon Prinate Center. I found an Oregon National Primate Research Center but I can find no listing for any doctor by any similar name there. I can find no listing of such a doctor at the related OHSU Medical School.

What was the exact name and address of the person?

Can you at least tell me exactly to whom you gave your sample? Can we start with that?

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:39 AM   #50
kitakaze

Could be, freak? Could be? That's the story you got? I asked you to source your claim. Why did you not do that? I gave you the proof, the direct source that you were wrong. What's the matter with you? Do you have any idea what intellectual honesty means? This is not the appropriate behaviour for someone who claims to be a researcher.

...if you think meldrum would be the best to send it too please explaine why ?
You are joking, freak. This has been explained to you numerous times. Meldrum is the best known professional in bigfootery. He has all the resources available to do everything that can be done to try and identify the hair samples you claim to have. You know this. Now you're just messing around

kitakaze is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:47 AM   #51
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

It seems to me if you think you may have hair from an unknown primate wouldent you send it to the primate experts ?
These same experts that have tested bigfoot hair before ?
I think I made the right move sending it there if you think meldrum would be the best to send it too please explaine why ?
Let's say, for a moment, that you are right and Meldrum did in fact do the nail/board bit on purpose. How is this any worse then your openly advocating you were going to shoot and kill one?
Old 29th January 2008, 11:52 AM   #52
Creekfreak
Banned

He sends his samples to them also why would I give them to him ?
Does it matter so much who sends them as long as they get to where they need to go ?
If I had a very good cast of a track with dermal ridges then I would consider sending it to meldrum becouse that is what he studys .
Old 29th January 2008, 11:54 AM   #53
Hitch
Muse

Originally Posted by blutoski View Post
I'm actually drawing a blank on why anybody expects hair samples to produce fruitful 'DNA tests'.

1. Contamination: anything inert like hair found in the wild will be scattered with DNA from a thousand species. You can get DNA off of rocks without difficulty, for example.

2. Assuming the hair samples had cells attached, so you'd have some confidence they're associated with the actual hair, 'DNA test' is a vague term. What kind of test is performed? Is it just a search for key indicator segments of candidate species?
"DNA tests" are like Star Trek Tricorders.

"This analysis confirms this hair is definitely from the previously unknown primate known as Bigfoot." ... Yeah, just like that.

Of course it usually comes out more like, "We can't identify anything from this sample." Which to a bigfooter translates as, "It must be Bigfoot, everything else is ruled out." and not, "This sample is degraded beyond any useful analysis and is probably something entirely mundane."
Hitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 11:58 AM   #54
Creekfreak
Banned

Lock I am smart enough to know if I where to atempt to kill one it would have to be a clean shot in the head with a high powered rifle .
There would be no suffering except for my feeling of guilt for killing it .
Old 29th January 2008, 12:06 PM   #55
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Lock I am smart enough to know if I where to atempt to kill one it would have to be a clean shot in the head with a high powered rifle .
There would be no suffering except for my feeling of guilt for killing it .
So to be clear....killing good, injuring (minor at that via nail/board trick) bad.

What a odd POV.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:12 PM   #56
Normal Dude
Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Well I think we can all find ONE improvement by creekfreak... he has learned how to use the paragraph key.

And I dont care if your name is Norm or Jack, Or Dick. I dont see why you have to post your name everytime you make a comment./ its IRRELIVANT -Rwalsh
Normal Dude is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 12:23 PM   #57
Creekfreak
Banned

Get it right the board had screws in it much more painfull then nails I know I had to pull one out of my foot not long ago.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:27 PM   #58
kitakaze

Get it right the board had screws in it much more painfull then nails I know I had to pull one out of my foot not long ago.
That's interesting... you telling Locknar to get it right. Did you get it right about who put the board there in the first place?

Old 29th January 2008, 12:27 PM   #59
Creekfreak
Banned

Lock its not so strange I would rather kill an animal then for it to suffer from an injury I coused .
Possibly from infection or not being able to catch its food and starveing to death that is much worse then killing one out right .
In some places that is inhumane and aganst the law .
Old 29th January 2008, 12:32 PM   #60
Creekfreak
Banned

I could care less who put the board there kit meldrum took his happy ass out to that cabin to check it out that makes him involved .
It shouldent have been put there in the first place no matter who did it what if I human stranded happened to step on it ?
If that person died becouse of not being able to walk out of there you would go to jail for murder .
Old 29th January 2008, 12:41 PM   #61
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

I could care less who put the board there kit meldrum took his happy ass out to that cabin to check it out that makes him involved .
It shouldent have been put there in the first place no matter who did it what if I human stranded happened to step on it ?
If that person died becouse of not being able to walk out of there you would go to jail for murder .
Thankfully people like say Jane Goodall didn't go blasting away when she was studying the chimpanzees...or say Jacque Cousteau harpooning the sea/ocean life he was studying.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:48 PM   #62
kitakaze

Explain in detail how Meldrum is morally guilty for examining a screw board alledged to have been stepped on by a bigfoot. Can you do that logically?

By your reasoning a forensic investigator or a coroner are guilty too.

It's a common deterent against bears breaking through windows and doors. He was protecting his property. What do you think of guard dogs or electric fences?

Old 29th January 2008, 01:16 PM   #63
Creekfreak
Banned

I remember as a kid seeing the calypso moored off shore from where I lived on the beach .
They where there for 2 weeks studying the red tide they would come ashore in small boston whalers just like mine to buy stuff at the local store .
Ms Goodall supports bigfoot research BTW .
Old 29th January 2008, 01:23 PM   #64
Loss Leader

He sends his samples to them also why would I give them to him ?
Does it matter so much who sends them as long as they get to where they need to go ?

Where did they go? What was the exact name of the individual and the exact address to which you believe the samples were sent?

Why is this such a difficult question? You're the person who gave a name of someone in Oregon. I was unable to track it down. I'm just asking you to amplify the information you've already given.

L. Leader
Old 29th January 2008, 01:28 PM   #65
Creekfreak
Banned

They went to the ONPRC thats all I know . Ive got more care to send some yourself ?
Old 29th January 2008, 01:33 PM   #66
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

dp

Last edited by blutoski; 29th January 2008 at 01:35 PM.
blutoski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 01:33 PM   #67
Loss Leader

Ive got more care to send some yourself ?

What does this sentence mean?

L. Leader
Old 29th January 2008, 01:34 PM   #68
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

I was chatting with Goodall about skepticism and science in about 2004 when she came to Vancouver to promote her Roots&Shoots program (as a guest speaker in the Amazing Lives & Experiences series), and she explicitly said that anybody who thinks bigfoot is a creature, and especially somebody who enteretains the possibility that it's a primate is a nutcase (her specific phrase was 'sadly touched').

When I was able to speak to Birute Galdikas two years ago at SFU, she was of the same view.

So, did Goodall ultimatley publish a reversal of her opinion?

Last edited by blutoski; 29th January 2008 at 01:39 PM.
blutoski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 02:52 PM   #69
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Deputy Admin

Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
"DNA tests" are like Star Trek Tricorders.

"This analysis confirms this hair is definitely from the previously unknown primate known as Bigfoot." ... Yeah, just like that.

Of course it usually comes out more like, "We can't identify anything from this sample." Which to a bigfooter translates as, "It must be Bigfoot, everything else is ruled out." and not, "This sample is degraded beyond any useful analysis and is probably something entirely mundane."
Oh, but we can compare them with the known DNA from bigfoot. It must exist, or else how could historian make this claim:

Originally Posted by historian View Post
Closest relative = closest DNA match to man

135 million years old = Bigfoot was on earth for at least 135 million years vs. modern man's 100,000 tops.
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 02:58 PM   #70
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
What does this sentence mean?
It's supposed to be two sentences:

Ive got more

and

Care to send some yourself ?

So creekfreak has plenty of samples and:

1. Is willing to send some to you for you to mail to a laboratory

2. Is not willing to send some more to a laboratory himself

3. Is not willing to specify where the previous samples were sent.
Old 29th January 2008, 04:18 PM   #71
Creekfreak
Banned

Well acording to this she must have had a big change of heart if she said that to you .http://www.bfro.net/news/WCSpic.aspThe Symposium attendees were disappointed to find out that the scheduled appearance and keynote address of Dr. Jane Goodall was cancelled due to prior commitments by her staff. Recently though, she gave an on camera interview for inclusion in this DVD set.

Jane Goodall's statements regarding the importance of bigfoot research to science and humanity, and the reasons why she believes these animals exist, are another milestone in the effort to demarginalize this subject.

Last edited by Creekfreak; 29th January 2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 29th January 2008, 04:25 PM   #72
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Believing or not is not relevant; I venture to guess she would be appalled by your endorsing killing one simply to prove they exist.
Old 29th January 2008, 04:50 PM   #73
Loss Leader

I have to say that I just came across Creekfreak for the very first time today and I have never been more impressed by the sheer depth and breadth of nothing that he is able to provide and the vastness of its quantity.

L. Leader
Old 29th January 2008, 04:51 PM   #74
Creekfreak
Banned

Maybe she does lock why dont you ask her ?
I am sure she knows the only way to prove it is to kill one its just a matter of who steps up and takes the shot .
Old 29th January 2008, 04:53 PM   #75
Creekfreak
Banned

Is that all you have to offer loss ?
If so then your as narrow minded as they come my boy
Old 29th January 2008, 04:59 PM   #76
sinclairmcevoy
Philosopher

Well, ya gotta find one first in order to shoot one.
Old 29th January 2008, 05:09 PM   #77
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Goodall has made supportive statements in the past. Her National Public Radio interview was a mixed bag. She said she is sure that they exist; then a minute later she said maybe they don't exist - but she wants them to.

Bigfooters count her as an important believer. Her attitude may have changed since that interview. She said she has Bigfoot books, but I don't know how deeply she has looked at modern Bigfootery. She was something of a pioneer in chimpanzee research and this was because she was able to habituate them where they live. Any assistance or strategy coming from her background might be useless to a Bigfooter. Just keep looking for them, and when you finally hear them nearby vocalizing to each other, just sit quietly and don't make direct eye contact if possible. At some future point in this habituation you will be able to walk amongst them and pick up their babies. Imagine a "baby Bigfoot lift and dangling" performed by a human. Now that would make a Jim Dandy video!
Old 29th January 2008, 05:21 PM   #78
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It's probably best to hear Goodall talk about her beliefs herself. Here is her NPR bit where she talks about Bigfoot and her belief.

You'll hear her talk about reading news 'snippets' that say Yeti hair may have been found. At the same time you can watch Patty do "The Bus Stop".

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th January 2008 at 05:23 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 06:26 PM   #79
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

If you watched that YouTube clip and heard Goodall talking about Bigfoot, you might begin to wonder. Why did I say that she says they might not exist? Well, she does. You see that clip was made by a Bigfooter and they cut her off before she was done. The interviewer (Ira Flatow) and Goodall go on talking about BF, but maybe it's not stuff that you want to hear so much if you are a believer or want to promote belief using Jane Uncut.

Here's the full unedited interview. The BF part is about in the middle of the show when they take questions from callers.

Quote:
Jane Goodall: Where is the body? ...and I can't answer that ... and maybe they don't exist, but I want them to, and so I, I... (giggle) (giggle) (giggle)
She never even finishes that sentence as her and Flatow giggle into the next topic.

Last edited by William Parcher; 29th January 2008 at 06:27 PM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2008, 07:51 PM   #80
Locknar
Sum of all evils tm
Administrator

Maybe she does lock why dont you ask her ?
I am sure she knows the only way to prove it is to kill one its just a matter of who steps up and takes the shot .
Obviously your claim is supported by all the chimpanzees she shot or otherwise killed during her research? Please cite one example where she endorses this ideal, either verbally, in writing or in doing so herself in the name of "research". Check the spoiler for a HINT.

You can't because she never did or has

Dr Goodall would never condone such a wanton, and utterly senseless act.

Last edited by Locknar; 29th January 2008 at 07:52 PM.
Locknar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal