ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Reply
Old 18th August 2013, 05:53 PM   #201
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 20,533
Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Humans, but what's this got to do with anything?
I wanted to see if you would do that.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 05:57 PM   #202
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 20,533
Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Orangutans fit the bill.
So not really a valid argument. There are better ones - such as there being no fossil record of any primates larger than a lemur in continental north American.
Good. Could Orangutans hide in Kentucky? Could they migrate through Kentucky undetected?
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 06:35 PM   #203
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,648
Originally Posted by Mudcat View Post
Hello Chris, I don't believe we've met but allow me to pitch in my two cents:

Sadly I have to agree with the general consensus here and say that your pictures don't really do it for me. Even if I was inclined to believe in the existence of Bigfoot my response would to them to be the same, there is nothing in your photographs and videos to suggest that there is a living creature anywhere in them, known or unknown. They are that indistinct.

Now it may be, as you say, a question of equipment so do you mind me asking what you used?
Thank you. I also agree the pics are of no quality and are not proof of existence for Bigfoot.

The main problem was the equipment. I used a small Jazzy brand pocket camcorder. It was about $30 I think and about the size of a pack of cigarettes. This was a huge mistake and I am aware of it. I think it was 640x480 resolution.

I have purchased since then a Sony HD cam that uses hard disc as well as a data card storage. The new cam is fully capable of recording 1080 HD video and uses manual or digital zoom.

Now all I need is for the hairy ones to cooperate with another sighting.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 06:41 PM   #204
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,817
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post

Now all I need is for the hairy ones to cooperate with another sighting.
My Morning Jacket? You can see them, just buy a ticket and go. But what's that got to do with Bigfoot?

The problems that Bigfoot enthusiasts have with cameras are remarkably similar to the problems that psychics have with Internet connections.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 06:41 PM   #205
Vortigern99
Sorcerer Supreme
 
Vortigern99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 7,905
Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
Its basically a philosophy thing. Some philosophers will say you should never say never, impossible, no, etc. One should always also use "based on the currently available data", for example. If you use an utilitarian, practical approach and if the odds are so small they tend to zero or require a major change in our understanding of the universe and the way it works, then well, its OK. I can not fly just by flapping my hands. Its impossible that there is a massive black hole between the Earth and the Moon. Its impossible for the Earth to be hollow. Unless we are in one of those esoteric philosophical discussions, "its impossible" is acceptable - and this includes KY bigfoot.

Transient population? Going from where to where else? Why not caught "on the road"? Below the sustainable population level? Since when and for how long it would last before the last one is dead? Right circumstances? And those would be...
Agreed here. For me it comes down to leprechauns and unicorns. What's reasonable according to the evidence? Can we reasonably say that leprechauns and unicorns are impossible animals, that none exist and none have ever existed? Given the paucity of evidence for them despite many sighting?

Or must we allow that, well, after all, "leprechauns and unicorns might exist"? If someone demands the latter, I opt not to engage in discussion. That may be skepticism in its most cynical form, but it isn't critical or rational thinking to ignore the lack of data after decades if not centuries of looking for it.

Scat, hair, tissue, fluids, fossils: the forests would be teeming with it. Like the single wolverine that wandered into northern California and was photographed by researchers' trail cams (who were researching another animal), bigfoot would eventually have been clearly photographed or found by now. With thousands of park rangers, hikers, bikers, biologists, outdoors enthusiasts, archeologists on local digs, wildlife hobbyists, Native Americans -- nationwide in every woodland in the country -- something concrete would have turned up.

Sorry, Chris. It's no longer rationally possible that the species exists.
__________________
"I'm 'willing to admit' any fact that can be shown to be evidential and certain." -- Vortigern99

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by Vortigern99; 18th August 2013 at 06:43 PM.
Vortigern99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 06:56 PM   #206
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,648
Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
Unfortunately, you are the one that brought up the "fact" that you have years of experience with chimpanzee's at Alamogordo



leisureclass is not digging into your personal life. He is asking for evidence for the claim you made. Your dodging of his direct question only makes it all the more transparent.
Nothing is being dodged. I posted up thread very clearly I will not post my personal details on the internet for the World to see. Will you?

If you wanna have a one on one conversation simply call me. My sightings hotline number is on my website for all to see. If it's really bothering you I'll give you the details over the phone as long as you don't post my personal info on the forum. No prob.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 07:10 PM   #207
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,648
Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Chris, you provide your name and a telephone number on your website, correct? So what is "personal" about posting something like "I scooped chimp poop at the APC every day from 1988-1993"? Your failure to provide even a claim to back up your claim of some special knowledge of primate anatomy makes folks rightly suspicious that you don't have anywhere near the experience working with chimps that you wanted us to think you had. That is dishonest. I also don't buy for a minute you recognized the chimp in the CRG photo 'til I pointed it out.
Bolding mine. Funny thing is I'm starting to think you needed help.

Wouldn't you agree that by listing my name and research number, I'm already miles ahead of everyone else here about releasing personal info? There is a point you know. Who are you? I dunno? Doesn't really matter I guess but it's kinda odd all those wanting to milk specifics about me when they don't even give their name?

How much weight do you think an anonymous poster has in the big picture. Not much.

You got the number , make the call. I'm not a meanie and I promise to remain civil, heck I think my posts here should be a good indicator of that.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 07:15 PM   #208
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker
 
STRONG LIKE BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
You made the claim here

Quote:
Given, it may have been obvious to me because of my years spent interacting with chimps at the Alamogordo Primate Research.
leisureclass simply asked you for some more information about this, which you promptly clammed up, and have now refused to support this claim for what, 5 or 6 posts on this specific issue?

I have no desire to interact with you over the phone Chris.. truth be told.. I really don't even care if you worked there or not. It's immaterial to whether you're seeing Bigfoot in Kentucky (you're not.) or whether the PGF is a hoax (it is).

Last edited by STRONG LIKE BEAR; 18th August 2013 at 07:19 PM. Reason: sp
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 07:20 PM   #209
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 21,059
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
And no sailor that was a giant squid witness was ever able to show that they were not lying. Until one washed up on a beach.
If you are going to place a bet - always put your money on The Bigfoot Knower Isn't Being Honest. This is actually a better bet than that they are innocently mistaken. I'm not saying 100% but rather the safest bet.

Chris, your arguments, analogies and pleadings are all worthless excuses. The world in general is beyond trying to reason with Bigfooters and instead just laughs at their silly and lost thinking. People on this forum give Footers much more attention than they deserve. It's pretty much a fool's quest to try to reason with a Bigfoot believer.

I have come to a point where I do not want believers to switch to skepticism. Stay where you are please. Outright denialism is the only rational position on Bigfoot, IMO.
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 07:54 PM   #210
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!
 
William Parcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 21,059
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Am I a Christian? I was raised as a Baptist but do not attend any church. I am certain evolution is the correct path as I have witnessed evidence of parallel evolution. Namely that of a large bipedal primate.
Wait... you are certain of evolution because you have seen Bigfoot?
__________________
Bigfoot believers and Bigfoot skeptics are both plumb crazy. Each spends more than one minute per year thinking about Bigfoot.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 08:35 PM   #211
EHocking
Philosopher
 
EHocking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 6,647
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Good. Could Orangutans hide in Kentucky? Could they migrate through Kentucky undetected?
The two arguments are totally unrelated.

But in answer to your question - no. Because orangutans are real animals.
__________________
"A closed mouth gathers no feet"
"Ignorance is a renewable resource" P.J.O'Rourke
Prayer: "a sophisticated way of pleading with thunderstorms." T.Pratchett
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage

Last edited by EHocking; 18th August 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: wrong reply
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 09:05 PM   #212
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,648
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Wait... you are certain of evolution because you have seen Bigfoot?
I accepted the "Theory of Evolution" before my encounter.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th August 2013, 09:11 PM   #213
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys
 
fuelair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 57,906
Hellfire I like me some kryptozolagy an I done seen a bunch of pikturs of 'em on the enternet on my cumputer... So ther!!
__________________
There is no problem so great that it cannot be fixed by small explosives carefully placed.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 12:05 AM   #214
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes
 
Mudcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,474
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I have purchased since then a Sony HD cam that uses hard disc as well as a data card storage. The new cam is fully capable of recording 1080 HD video and uses manual or digital zoom.
Perhaps more important to its HD capacity and storage specs is something else... To what distance is the camera capable of taking reliable photographs? The reason I ask this is that proponents of Bigfoot like to go on about the elusiveness of the species should it existence, so the only reliable way to photograph one is at a distance.

Originally Posted by Chris
Now all I need is for the hairy ones to cooperate with another sighting.
If they do exist, I wish you the best of luck getting the photograph that would silence skeptics (that would be including me) about the existence of Bigfoot.


Edited to add: As a side, I'd advise abandoning the contention that Indian legends are any kind of evidence for Bigfoot. The tribes didn't exist in a vacuum and did a lot of trading with eachother for goods and ideas, even had full out warfare with eachother, long before ole Pale Face came to America. It's highly likely that any legends that don't have to be shoehorned to fit Bigfoot probably was shared a few times.
__________________
"There is no special treatment for guns." ~WildCat, confirmed gun owner.

Last edited by Mudcat; 19th August 2013 at 12:10 AM.
Mudcat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 12:13 AM   #215
Apology
This title intentionally left blank
 
Apology's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,126
Why were no Bigfoot bodies found during the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1918? The Spanish Flu killed 50 million - 100 million people worldwide. The bodies piled up so quickly that there wasn't enough room in the morgues, so the bodies were stacked like logs. There weren't enough coffins or gravediggers to deal with the influx of bodies.

Furthermore, recent studies have shown that monkeys are susceptible to the Spanish Flu as well. There's no reason to believe that a human/simian primate would be immune to the Spanish Flu. Birds and swine are susceptible to it as well, and research suggests that the virus originated within animal populations and was then transmitted to humans. Why weren't there any Bigfoot bodies found in the years before or after 1918? Why weren't there any "hairy men" found disabled by the flu, coughing themselves to death, with bloody foam coming from their noses and mouths?

Presumably if Bigfoot were near sudden death (the flu could kill victims hours after the first symptoms while some lived up to 2 days) it would forget all about being crafty and stealthy and lie down somewhere to focus on breathing and not dying. If Bigfoot were turning blue in the face and coughing so hard that it tore abdominal muscles, that would make it much easier for us to find Bigfoot and much harder for it to hide.
Apology is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 12:49 AM   #216
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24,376
Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Mike,
Since you believe nothing is impossible you're a defense attorney's dream juror. Put 12 people just like you on a jury and we get the Casey Anthony verdict.
No I don't! What on earth gave you that idea?

Here's the logic:

It is possible there are (whatever) living in the USA.
It is possible they are mobile.
Therefore, it is possible that one or more might wander into (anywhere) temporarily.
Therefore a breeding population isn't required locally to explain their (temporary) presence anywhere.

My problem was only with the illogicality of the perfunctory statement "it's impossible" in the specific circumstances it related to (here). I don't have the slightest problem accepting that all sorts of things are impossible.

Mike

Last edited by MikeG; 19th August 2013 at 02:43 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 03:30 AM   #217
The Shrike
Illuminator
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,732
Sorry Chris, but I think I speak for the group that we don't understand how describing your experience working with apes is any more personal information than what you already volunteer in your bio. You served in the Air Force (thank you for that), you are or were a teacher, and you are or were in manufacturing. If you list these things, then why not include a description of your experience in the one job that might actually give you some chops in the study of large primates? Your reluctance to do so forces me to conclude that you either made up or massively trumped up that experience to lord one over on those evil denialists at the JREF, and go brag about it on the BFF.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 04:06 AM   #218
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24,376
Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
.....Why do you find Albert Ostman's encounter credible? Are you still on the Bigfoot kidnapping people kookery?
Oh come on....be logical! I don't think I have ever dragged out the "straw-man" accusation before, but I'm going to use it this time. You have just created a straw man.

OS doesn't need to find the Ostman encounter to be credible at all to support the claim he makes regarding native legends. He simply cites Ostman as a source for the claim that native legends include reports of a BF-like creature. This needs no reference whatsoever to Ostman's story of an encounter.

I accept wholeheartedly that Ostman isn't a very strong source, and certainly not one that many would cite. In my view, as a source, his recollection of native legends is little more than rumour or gossip. But nonetheless, you muddy the waters by making illogical attacks like yours.

Mike

Last edited by MikeG; 19th August 2013 at 04:08 AM.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 04:31 AM   #219
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker
 
STRONG LIKE BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
OntarioSquatch has made posts here in the past about Bigfoot kidnapping people. The Albert Ostman tale is a Bigfoot kidnapping story..

Not sure what you're objection is.
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 04:37 AM   #220
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24,376
Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
OntarioSquatch has made posts here in the past about Bigfoot kidnapping people. The Albert Ostman tale is a Bigfoot kidnapping story..

Not sure what you're objection is.
My objection is that OS this time cites Ostman solely as a source to corroborate the claim that BF is indeed included in native legends. The stuff about the kidnapping and so on are utterly irrelevant to Ostman being a source.

This forum often asks for sources for claims/ assertions. OS just gave one. We aren't talking about the other things Ostman claimed, just the fact that he said that local natives had stories of sasquatch. Your correct response should have been along the lines of "yeah, but has Ostman got any credibility as a source?" rather than "oh, so you believe in kidnapping stories?"

Mike
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 04:50 AM   #221
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker
 
STRONG LIKE BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
...

Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
Why do you find Albert Ostman's encounter credible? Are you still on the Bigfoot kidnapping people kookery?
Two questions, MikeG.
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 04:53 AM   #222
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24,376
The "encounter" bit is irrelevant, and is the straw-man.

If you had said "why do you find Ostman to be a credible source", you would have heard nothing from me.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 05:03 AM   #223
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker
 
STRONG LIKE BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
Ostman is not credible, Bigfoot doesn't exist, and Bigfoot doesn't kidnap people. Also, there are no Native American legends which can be credibly tied to Bigfoot. None of them hold comparison when scrutinized.

Spare me your philosophical arguments or lessons in semantics
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 06:31 AM   #224
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 24,376
Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
......Spare me your philosophical arguments or lessons in semantics
Sure. No problem.





So long as you'll spare me your illogicality.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 06:41 AM   #225
dafydd
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 35,398
Originally Posted by STRONG LIKE BEAR View Post
OntarioSquatch has made posts here in the past about Bigfoot kidnapping people. The Albert Ostman tale is a Bigfoot kidnapping story..

Not sure what you're objection is.
What kind of ransom do they demand?
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 06:48 AM   #226
STRONG LIKE BEAR
Thinker
 
STRONG LIKE BEAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 160
MikeG can walk you through the appropriate logical deductions and philosophical arguments for the most reliable estimate
STRONG LIKE BEAR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 07:12 AM   #227
Correa Neto
Philosopher
 
Correa Neto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 8,578
Myths are fascinating bitches.
They will tell you what you want to hear, they will show you what you want to see. If you are looking for bigfoot in that wildman myth, that's what you'll see. If you are looking for werewolves, that's what you'll see.

Footers just grab the bits of the myths that suit their needs of bigfoot and move on, claiming its "compelling evidence". The conection exists because they build it. Just like Coatlicue can be connected to the Virgin Mary.
__________________
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 07:13 AM   #228
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,380
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
What kind of ransom do they demand?
That was funny!
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 08:55 AM   #229
Monza
Alta Viro
 
Monza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,052
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Yes I see movement, I'm not alone in that. A close study is required to reveal movement of the large subject and a close study of his right shoulder, facing the camera, is needed to view movement of the individual behind him. It helps if you're looking for a "back rub" type movement.

We were approx 115 to 120 yards away. Persons present were myself, another researcher and his son. After recording the video, the best thing to do was to end the encounter. Any movement toward the creatures would have provoked a response. Since I didn't know what response they'd have and my friend's son was present, even though I was armed, I think we did the best thing.

As a matter of record, I wouldn't suggest you walk up on a wild Gorilla either. After studying methods used by Gorilla researchers, I modeled my observation methods very similar to theirs.
Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Thank you. I also agree the pics are of no quality and are not proof of existence for Bigfoot.

The main problem was the equipment. I used a small Jazzy brand pocket camcorder. It was about $30 I think and about the size of a pack of cigarettes. This was a huge mistake and I am aware of it. I think it was 640x480 resolution.

I have purchased since then a Sony HD cam that uses hard disc as well as a data card storage. The new cam is fully capable of recording 1080 HD video and uses manual or digital zoom.

Now all I need is for the hairy ones to cooperate with another sighting.

You may want to revisit the observation methods used by Gorilla researchers. Your new camera is a step in the right direction. Sadly, I expect that if you ever do post new pictures some day, they won't be any better. Bigfoot research is strange that way.
Monza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 09:05 AM   #230
mustbeso
Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 246
Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
Neither one is reliable evidence for the existence of the creature that's being described.
There is no reliable evidence anywhere for the creature that is being described. You can't have thousands upon thousands of witness "sightings" and then add in the alleged native people stories and still not produce a body or parts. The math simply doesn't work.
mustbeso is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 09:25 AM   #231
River
Illuminator
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,962
Originally Posted by mustbeso View Post
There is no reliable evidence anywhere for the creature that is being described. You can't have thousands upon thousands of witness "sightings" and then add in the alleged native people stories and still not produce a body or parts. The math simply doesn't work.

Apparently not in 2013 either, even with modern firesticks and night eyes, and thermal scopes. Can't bag the werewolve, errr bigfoot. They haven't tried silver bullets? lol. Bigfooters seem to ignore common sense and logic. Critical thinking skills are not high on the list of the bigfootery bible. Their high priest Meldrum is a fine example of this. Apparently the giant naked beast is very stealth like. It spends its days being stealth. And blurry. Thats what bigfeet do man.
__________________
"I've seen more Bigfoot creatures than Mountain Lions and Wolves combined here in KY." ― ChrisBFRPKY

"I've observed 1 creature eating bark from a pine tree and enjoying like it was cotton candy." ― ChrisBFRPKY

Last edited by River; 19th August 2013 at 09:29 AM.
River is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 09:57 AM   #232
tsig
a carbon based life-form
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 39,049
Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
What kind of ransom do they demand?
Zag nut bars and canned beans.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 10:11 AM   #233
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 15,932
Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Zag nut bars and canned beans.
And hickory nuts. Well, one anyway.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 11:56 AM   #234
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher
 
Gilbert Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aigburth, Liverpool, UK
Posts: 5,611
Chris, you made sure this thread was about you, so save the sob story. Ain't our fault you got caught lying...
__________________
Generic proclamation of positivity:

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 12:03 PM   #235
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher
 
Gilbert Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aigburth, Liverpool, UK
Posts: 5,611
Asking ppl to post their address because you said you'd done Gorrilla research but can't provide any details? lol. I'll call u.
__________________
Generic proclamation of positivity:

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 12:05 PM   #236
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher
 
Gilbert Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aigburth, Liverpool, UK
Posts: 5,611
What was the number...? Will you answer specific details if I call you, Chris? btw, I'm Michael John Gilchrist, anything else?
__________________
Generic proclamation of positivity:

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 12:13 PM   #237
Drewbot
Philosopher
 
Drewbot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,607
Chris claims to have worked at Alamogordo Primate Research Facility in New Mexico, where there are captive, African primates?
Quote:
Chimpanzees, who have been confined in laboratories and used for research, testing or to "breed" more babies for research, deserve to live out the remainder of their lives in dignity and peace. Though, they can never be truly free, sanctuary can provide them with as much relative freedom as possible in captivity… with small privileges that must seem like nothing short of miracles for chimpanzees who have spent decades in labs.
What does that have to do with the behavior of wild, unclassified, giant hairy primates living in the Farmlands, Dirtroads and Trailer parks of Kentucky?
__________________
"I dont call that evolution, I call that the survival of the fittest." - Bulletmaker
"I thought skeptics would usually point towards a hoax rather than a group being duped." - makaya325
Kit is not a skeptic. He is a former Bigfoot believer that changed his position to that of non believer.- Crowlogic

Last edited by Drewbot; 19th August 2013 at 12:15 PM.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 01:14 PM   #238
dmaker
Graduate Poster
 
dmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,380
Drew, I think the years spent scooping up chimp poop has somehow given Chris the ability to see a dark tree stump for what it really is--a lurking Sasquatch!
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 01:18 PM   #239
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher
 
Gilbert Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aigburth, Liverpool, UK
Posts: 5,611
Chris, my location is under my pic, I just gave you my name, do you want anymore details? Let's natter on the dog 'n' bone, eh?
__________________
Generic proclamation of positivity:

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2013, 01:23 PM   #240
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher
 
Gilbert Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Aigburth, Liverpool, UK
Posts: 5,611
If anyone cares to make a list of questions to ask Chris, pm me. Chris, feel free to pm a time/date, along with a contact #.
__________________
Generic proclamation of positivity:

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:24 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.