ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags earthquake predictions , predictions

Old 28th February 2018, 11:22 PM   #41
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by JBReyes777 View Post
Can you please give an example of being "so nutty"
Claiming to be able to predict, let alone cause, the shaking of an entire continent is about as nutty as it's possible to get. Demanding money from corporations and the Vatican to not do something they know is completely impossible is equally crazy.

Hope that helps.
Old 28th February 2018, 11:26 PM   #42
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Claiming to be able to predict, let alone cause, the shaking of an entire continent is about as nutty as it's possible to get. Demanding money from corporations and the Vatican to not do something they know is completely impossible is equally crazy.

Hope that helps.
Yeah, I can understand your point of view of me, but unfortunately, being a new member, I am not allowed to post link to support my claim, until after 20 post or so. And probably even after I present the supporting documents from the Social Security Administration, it would not suffice.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 28th February 2018 at 11:28 PM.
JBReyes777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2018, 11:35 PM   #43
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Yeah, I can understand your point of view of me, but unfortunately, being a new member, I am not allowed to post link to support my claim, until after 20 post or so. And probably even after I present the supporting documents from the Social Security Administration, it would not suffice.
It is indeed hard to see how any document could support a claim to be able to cause a continent to shake.

The only thing that could possibly support your claim is a major earthquake in Africa on May 25th. I'm not holding my breath.
Old 28th February 2018, 11:56 PM   #44
Elagabalus
Master Poster

Your .pdf seems to consist solely of stock images hastily thrown together to give you some semblance of credibility.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 12:05 AM   #45
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
.... "some semblance of credibility."

Those better be some mighty impressive images.

Sent from my A463BG using Tapatalk

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 12:50 AM   #46
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Get help.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 01:05 AM   #47
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

And again I ask, why not channel the power of your god and heal people? If you think it's righteous to hurt and kill others just so you can get a bunch of money...

... what would Jesus do?

Think he'd approve of your pathetic attempts at extortion?
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 01:06 AM   #48
The Norseman
Meandering fecklessly

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Those better be some mighty impressive images.
I've already read it and gave a summary upthread.

There's no evidence there of anything praise Jesus and amen. Just exhortations amen and pictures of Africans and the church amen and a ton of the usual bible quotes. Amen.
The Norseman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 01:59 AM   #49
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
The $777 Million question is. Is it me or God, who calls down the earthquake?
Presumably you, otherwise your god would simply give you the money.
Old 1st March 2018, 03:13 AM   #50
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Dude. Everybody here hates you.
I don't. I sincerely hope he gets the help he needs*. I'm also genuinely excited by the fact that he's given us such a concrete prediction, and of an event that is not commonplace. It's a million times better than the majority of things that people predict, and especially those who predict earthquakes.

*Assuming he's not a Poe
Old 1st March 2018, 03:16 AM   #51
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Please, I meant no disrespect to what I wrote, but only the truth. You maybe right, I may not enjoy the ride, but that's normal, part of being human. As I wrote, if being ridiculed, mocked etc...even better, more souls will be saved after the shake of Africa, amen. More people the merrier, that's what I say.
I suppose the question is - if you do not get the money, and there is no earthquake, will this cause you to question your faith in any way? If not, why not?
Old 1st March 2018, 03:16 AM   #52
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

JBReyes777, if there is no continent-wide earthquake in Africa on the 25th of May 2018, what will you conclude from this?

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 06:18 AM   #53
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Did you know that if you filled up an empty Boeing® 777 with $100 dollar bills it would add up to $777 million dollars exactly? Which is also the exact amount of money Bechtel™ wants to build a new miniature international airport for, you guessed it, Boeing® 777s in the former bowling alley & nightclub area of The Vatican®. Coincidence? I think not.
Is that a Boeing® 777-200R or 300R?

Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 11:08 AM   #54
JBReyes777
Scholar

Peace.

Please, allow me to first thank you for viewing my post. Please be patient with me as I read the post.

Please, I mean no dishonor or disrespect, if I don't reply to your post directly, its just that, my reply to your post maybe answered on another's post. I thank for your understanding in advance.
JBReyes777 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 11:09 AM   #55
JBReyes777
Scholar

It is indeed hard to see how any document could support a claim to be able to cause a continent to shake.

The only thing that could possibly support your claim is a major earthquake in Africa on May 25th. I'm not holding my breath.
Amen!
Old 1st March 2018, 11:25 AM   #56
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
JBReyes777, if there is no continent-wide earthquake in Africa on the 25th of May 2018, what will you conclude from this?

Dave
Thank you Dave.

The only reason the Shake of Africa does not happen is that, I AM offered full time employment with Bechtel Corp or Xylem Inc. Whichever company offers me full time employment, I AM will transfer the (IP) Intellectual Property which I been honorably and respectably awarded by the Government Agency of the United States of America, the Nation under One God, amen.

The IP valued at $777 Million; US Copyright Office, Trade Secret, and the US Patent and Trademark Office of, the Department of Commerce, amen.

If I AM not offered full time employment by Bechtel or Xylem, then it is up to the Vatican of Rome, to award me $777 Million, and the transferring of the IP, to avoid the shake of the Continent of Africa, and save many lives, through love and faith, amen.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 11:30 AM   #57
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I suppose the question is - if you do not get the money, and there is no earthquake, will this cause you to question your faith in any way? If not, why not?
Oh most definitely. But only to be fair to you and the readers, I have made errors in the past, and its not a very good feeling, especially in the eyes of my family. My family is most important to me. Learning from the mistakes, is part of the path not too many people will take. It only strengthens my faith and the love of God, amen.

Said with the upmost respect to the readers. I don't care what other people think of me outside my family of my profession of faith to whatever happens on the 25th day of May, but I do care about what my family thinks.

Does that answer your question?

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 1st March 2018, 11:41 AM   #58
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Oh most definitely. But only to be fair to you and the readers, I have made errors in the past, and its not a very good feeling, especially in the eyes of my family. My family is most important to me. Learning from the mistakes, is part of the path not too many people will take. It only strengthens my faith and the love of God, amen.

Said with the upmost respect to the readers. I don't care what other people think of me outside my family of my profession of faith to whatever happens on the 25th day of May, but I do care about what my family thinks.

Does that answer your question?
I don't think anybody would consider it unfair if you were not to reconsider your faith if the events you predict don't come to pass. In fact, I'd be surprised if anybody reading this thread believes that you will.

The question is - if nothing you predict comes to pass, will you consider that you were wrong?
Old 1st March 2018, 11:45 AM   #59
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I don't think anybody would consider it unfair if you were not to reconsider your faith if the events you predict don't come to pass. In fact, I'd be surprised if anybody reading this thread believes that you will.

The question is - if nothing you predict comes to pass, will you consider that you were wrong?
Well of course. I take full responsibility of my words and actions. But honestly, that is not even an option.
Old 1st March 2018, 12:21 PM   #60
mifune
Thinker

Well of course. I take full responsibility of my words and actions. But honestly, that is not even an option.

Pardon me if I am skeptical. I predict that when there is no major earthquake in Africa on May 15th you will find some excuse that allows you to keep on believing.

This is predictable enough just from experience of other people who make failed predictions, but you even tell us yourself you have done this before!

But only to be fair to you and the readers, I have made errors in the past, and its not a very good feeling,

it may not have been a good feeling, but that bad feeling was obviously not enough to make you change your belief in your powers. Why was that?

Now on a less snarky note:
You linked to something saying you have Schizoaffective disorder. It is very common for people with this condition to be affected by 100% convincing delusions. This is a very difficult thing to shake because it means you literally cannot trust your own mind. I hope you get effective treatment; talk therapy and behavioural therapy can help with understanding the condition and finding ways to practically cope, and drugs can help a lot in reducing the delusions. It can be hard work finding the right drugs and dose sometimes and they often can have nasty side effects, but for many that is the only way of getting relief. Good luck.
mifune is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 01:35 PM   #61
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Thank you Dave.

The only reason the Shake of Africa does not happen is that, I AM offered full time employment with Bechtel Corp or Xylem Inc. Whichever company offers me full time employment, I AM will transfer the (IP) Intellectual Property which I been honorably and respectably awarded by the Government Agency of the United States of America, the Nation under One God, amen.

The IP valued at $777 Million; US Copyright Office, Trade Secret, and the US Patent and Trademark Office of, the Department of Commerce, amen.

If I AM not offered full time employment by Bechtel or Xylem, then it is up to the Vatican of Rome, to award me $777 Million, and the transferring of the IP, to avoid the shake of the Continent of Africa, and save many lives, through love and faith, amen.
You misunderstand. If neither company offers you employment, the Vatican does not award you $777 million, and there is no major continent-wide earthquake in Africa on the 25th of May 2018, what will you conclude?

I suggest you consider this question, because on the 26th of May 2018 it will probably be asked of you again, and it might be a good idea to have settled on an answer in advance, if only for the sake of credibility.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 02:06 PM   #62
Thermal
Illuminator

OP, may I ask why you included your SSA DB info? Seems unrelated to your extortive demands, unless you see being diagnosed with schizoid disorder, and presumably collecting disability insurance, is related to your claim of geophysical powers?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 03:50 PM   #63
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
OP, may I ask why you included your SSA DB info? Seems unrelated to your extortive demands, unless you see being diagnosed with schizoid disorder, and presumably collecting disability insurance, is related to your claim of geophysical powers?
Hello...first off...what is OP? I'm sorry if I sound naïve, but people has used that before.

The SSA Doc, the employers, the IP, the Ark, the Vatican, the shake of Africa etc....are ALL related. The SSA Doc is the "center" of it all.
Old 1st March 2018, 03:53 PM   #64
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
You misunderstand. If neither company offers you employment, the Vatican does not award you $777 million, and there is no major continent-wide earthquake in Africa on the 25th of May 2018, what will you conclude?

I suggest you consider this question, because on the 26th of May 2018 it will probably be asked of you again, and it might be a good idea to have settled on an answer in advance, if only for the sake of credibility.

Dave
Please forgive me for the misunderstanding. Well, if nothing happens. Nothing happens. Life will go on. You go about your business, I go about mine. What's the worse thing people can say, that I have not already been called.

Have you read the SSA doc? https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...ity-disability

OH WOW! I can now post links!

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 03:59 PM   #65
Thermal
Illuminator

Hello...first off...what is OP? I'm sorry if I sound naïve, but people has used that before.

The SSA Doc, the employers, the IP, the Ark, the Vatican, the shake of Africa etc....are ALL related. The SSA Doc is the "center" of it all.
Hi there:

OP means either Original Post, or in this case Original Poster, meaning the one who started the thread.

How does your disability claim tie into your claimed powers and need for cash? Is there some unseen correlation between the SSA finding and your professed worldview?
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 04:02 PM   #66
JBReyes777
Scholar

Bechtel Corporation - aka Corporate Bechtel Corporation if or when I AM offered full time employment, along with the (IP) Intellectual Property valued at $777 Million, amen.

The IP's are the; US Copyright Office, Trade Secrets, and the US Patent and Trademark Office of, the Department of Commerce, amen.

1) https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...tive-ordermemo

2) https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...mation-process

3) https://www.slideshare.net/JosephBRe...lobal-id-badge

4) https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sneak...oseph-b-reyes/

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 04:02 PM   #67
p0lka
Muse

It's quite possible that there might be a major earthquake in Africa on May 25th. They're not unknown in africa, In no way would that even possibly support his claim.
p0lka is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 04:04 PM   #68
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Hi there:

OP means either Original Post, or in this case Original Poster, meaning the one who started the thread.

How does your disability claim tie into your claimed powers and need for cash? Is there some unseen correlation between the SSA finding and your professed worldview?
Thank you so much for clarifying OP.

Yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, I can not reveal that info as of yet. Thank you.

What I AM able to share is that, being awarded SSDI, I have to be sworn under oath, in the presence of the most Honorable Administrative Law Judge of the Social Security Administraton, if that means anything to you or anyone else. Plus, being awarded SSDI, I feel I AM still under oath.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 04:29 PM   #69
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
I suspect that the OP is not from SoCal.
I do reside in SoCal.
Old 1st March 2018, 04:34 PM   #70
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
It's quite possible that there might be a major earthquake in Africa on May 25th. They're not unknown in africa, In no way would that even possibly support his claim.
Not Africa. The Continent of Africa. When you say Africa, it sounds like referring to a specific area or city in Africa.
Old 1st March 2018, 04:57 PM   #71
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
If you look at post 16, you'll see that I looked it up and provided relevant links, and they're actually quite rare in Africa (central and southern, at least). The last earthquake of 1.5 magnitude (which is unnoticeable to anything other than a seismograph) or higher was 24 days ago now. There have been 23 earthquakes of any magnitude in the last year.

If we go with what seismologists class as a "strong" earthquake - 6.0 or above ("May cause a lot of damage in very populated areas"), as opposed to below ("Slight damage to buildings and other structures" or less), because that seems to describe the smallest effect the OP could be talking about - then the most recent one of those in Africa was 11 months ago. The one before that was 8 years ago.

It's not like predicting an earthquake of any magnitude somewhere on the Ring Of Fire, as most of these kinds of predictions are.

So I'm happy to say that if there is an earthquake of 6.0 or higher in Africa on that date, then it might be worth working out some kind of test the OP can do to see if we can get him applying for some sceptic societies' challenges.

Of course, the fact that earthquakes like that are so rare in the region means that I'm happy to say that we very probably will not feel compelled to do so, because the date will pass without incident.
Old 1st March 2018, 05:00 PM   #72
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Not Africa. The Continent of Africa. When you say Africa, it sounds like referring to a specific area or city in Africa.
There are measurable earthquakes in sub saharan Africa about twice a month.

How will the earthquake you predict be distinguished from any other African earthquake that might coincidentally occur on the same day?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 05:04 PM   #73
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
There are measurable earthquakes in sub saharan Africa about twice a month.

How will the earthquake you predict be distinguished from any other African earthquake that might coincidentally occur on the same day?
Again, you're talking about a specific region, whereas, I AM talking about the "CONTINENT" of Africa will shake. That's how you will distinguish it.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 05:09 PM   #74
bytewizard
Graduate Poster

You should have asked not for $777M, but $666M. Amen
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 05:12 PM   #75
JBReyes777
Scholar

Originally Posted by bytewizard View Post
Now, you're just mocking God's perfect number, whereas 666 stand for the devil. NEVER use AMEN after the devil.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 05:16 PM   #76
bytewizard
Graduate Poster

Now, you're just mocking God's perfect number, whereas 666 stand for evil. NEVER use AMEN after evil.
You just did.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 05:20 PM   #77
JBReyes777
Scholar

You just did.

The saying, "do as I say, not as I do." That is directed to you.

Last edited by JBReyes777; 1st March 2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 1st March 2018, 06:28 PM   #78
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Again, you're talking about a specific region, whereas, I AM talking about the "CONTINENT" of Africa will shake. That's how you will distinguish it.
Either I misunderstood, or you were not perfectly clear...

I took post your #25 to mean the quake would be centered near or in Ethiopia (your claimed "resting place of the Ark").

Are you instead predicting a continent spanning event?

Of course, for a billion and change (pre-tax)... I would expect something extra dramatic.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 06:31 PM   #79
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

They're not in the earthquake business but are in the disability claim business. If you have paperwork from SSA it might be a fine way to confirm what your exact status is.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2018, 06:41 PM   #80
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

My first take was a connection to the Afrikaner Resistance Movement:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afrika...standsbeweging

They use the three 7's to represent the power of god's perfection...but they did state it's based on the swastika:

https://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/za%7Dnaz.html

The three black 7s (arranged in a fashion similar to the Three Legs of Man but rotated so that the top seven is upright) is the emblem of the Afrikaner Weerstandsbeweging (AWB) (Afrikaner Resistance Movement in English) which is a right-wing, neo-Nazi organisation) which appears on its flag (on a white disc at the centre of a red field).
Theo Stylianides, Nov 1996

The flag with three 7's was the original flag of the movement; although it was replaced with the flag charged with the stars and letters AW (shown below) in 1979, it was reintroduced in same year and used ever since. The flag was designed by Jan Groenewald, one of the founders of the movement, and slightly modified by Dries Albert, who was in charge of the movement's propaganda. According to Groenewald himself, the inspiration for the design did come from the Nazi flag. However, the three digits were always described as a Christian symbol, the number 777 having been described as the biblical symbol of perfection and of God himself, as opposed to the number 666 which symbolizes the Antichrist. The symbolic meaning of colours has varied over time

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal