IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags election conspiracies , Frank Lucas , Oklahoma incidents , Oklahoma politics , Tim Murray

Old 28th June 2014, 07:41 AM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Oklahoma Republican claims opponent is dead, replaced with body double.

Oklahoma Republican claims opponent is dead, replaced with body double.

Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY - An Oklahoma congressional candidate has announced he plans to contest Tuesday’s primary election of long time Rep. Frank Lucas.

In a bizarre letter obtained by NewsChannel 4, Tim Murray says he doesn’t feel Rep. Lucas is qualified for office.

“It does come as kind of a shock to read that you’re not you,” said Rep. Lucas, (R) District 3.

Murray brings it up in his letter announcing his plan to contest Lucas’s election writing, “…it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike.”
And from his campaign website:

Quote:
I, Timothy Ray Murray, am a human, born in Oklahoma, and obtained and continue to fully meet the requirements to serve as U.S. Representative when honored to so. I will never use a look alike to replace my (The Office’s) message to you or to anyone else, as both the other Republican Challengers have.

Rep. Frank Lucas, and a few other Oklahoma and other States’ Congressional Members were depicted as being executed by The World Court on or about Jan. 11, 2011 in Southern Ukraine. On television they were depicted as being executed by the hanging about the neck until death on a white stage and in front of witnesses. Other now current Members of Congress have shared those facts on television also. We know that it is possible to use look alike artificial or manmade replacements, however Rep. Lucas was not eligible to serve as a Congressional Member after that time.

The World knows the truth and We must always display and communicate the truth. I will always share public information with the truth when honored to serve as your Representative.

June 24, I need your vote. The vote cannot be overlooked by the Judicial Branch, however the vote must be there and in order to be heard as the will of The People and not cast-off.
Seems simple enough. Just get a court to order that Rep. Frank Lucas be brought before a doctor and checked to see if he's a human or a body-double robot. What's so crazy about that?
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

Quote:
Rep. Frank Lucas, and a few other Oklahoma and other States’ Congressional Members were depicted as being executed by The World Court on or about Jan. 11, 2011 in Southern Ukraine. On television they were depicted as being executed by the hanging about the neck until death on a white stage and in front of witnesses. Other now current Members of Congress have shared those facts on television also. We know that it is possible to use look alike artificial or manmade replacements, however Rep. Lucas was not eligible to serve as a Congressional Member after that time.
"...wing collars are like an ocular violation."-TubbaBlubba
Howie Felterbush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 01:27 PM   #3
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Holycrapwtfbbq!!?!?!

I heard about this on the radio & I thought Lucas had died & been replaced by someone in his campaign.
Old 28th June 2014, 02:39 PM   #4
Scootch
Muse

I always knew Lucas was a double, that's why I voted for him
Scootch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 02:41 PM   #5
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Oh shemp you crazy character you. Stop making this stuff up.

No. Wait. OMG WTF.
Old 28th June 2014, 03:01 PM   #6
Leftus
Master Poster

What if he sent his body double to Southern Ukraine?
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 03:13 PM   #7
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

I, Babbylonian, am a robot body double...damn it, I am incapable of lying about being a human! Curse my shoddy programming!
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 03:19 PM   #8
Ray Brady
Graduate Poster

I guess the goal here is to make a demand for a birth certificate seem reasonable.
Ray Brady is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 03:27 PM   #9
Alareth
Philosopher

I am a Life Model Decoy and thus utterly superior to any mere body double.
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 03:41 PM   #10
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
I am a Life Model Decoy and thus utterly superior to any mere body double.
Now if they'd just fire the programmer who made it so neither of us could help admitting our mechanoid nature!
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 04:03 PM   #11
JoeB
Graduate Poster

An Oklahoma local news station covered this, including an interview with the dead/body double representative.

http://kfor.com/2014/06/26/congressi...a-body-double/
Old 28th June 2014, 04:20 PM   #12
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

The only reason I can't believe this story: Why send congressional representatives all the way to Ukraine to be hanged? A FEMA death camp would be far more convenient.
Old 28th June 2014, 05:54 PM   #13
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

What are they making their Tea with these days?
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 06:15 PM   #14
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Has anyone checked the basement for pods yet?
Old 28th June 2014, 06:26 PM   #15
Gawdzilla Sama
121.92-meter mutant fire-breathing lizard-thingy

Maybe the guy's from the Tea Poddy?
Buying conspiracy books is a voluntary tax on stupid.
Gawdzilla Sama is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th June 2014, 07:25 PM   #16
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
The only reason I can't believe this story: Why send congressional representatives all the way to Ukraine to be hanged? A FEMA death camp would be far more convenient.
Heck, I'll shoot 'em right in my back yard for free.

Burial is thirty five dollars per corpse.
"...wing collars are like an ocular violation."-TubbaBlubba
Howie Felterbush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2014, 07:33 AM   #17
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Reminds me of one of my favorite baseball stories, as related by Bill James. About a hundred years ago, Hughie Jennings, manager of the Detroit Tigers, received a letter from a young man who claimed he could strike out Ty Cobb on three straight pitches. Jennings figured, you never know, and sent the young lad trainfare to Detroit.

The kid throws the first pitch to Cobb who hits it off the wall in right field. The second pitch goes over the wall for a homer, as does the third. So Jennings goes out to the mound and asks the kid what he has to say for himself. The youngster looks in at the plate, and says, "You know, I don't think that's Ty Cobb!"
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2014, 11:22 AM   #18
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Reminds me of one of my favorite baseball stories, as related by Bill James. About a hundred years ago, Hughie Jennings, manager of the Detroit Tigers, received a letter from a young man who claimed he could strike out Ty Cobb on three straight pitches. Jennings figured, you never know, and sent the young lad trainfare to Detroit.

The kid throws the first pitch to Cobb who hits it off the wall in right field. The second pitch goes over the wall for a homer, as does the third. So Jennings goes out to the mound and asks the kid what he has to say for himself. The youngster looks in at the plate, and says, "You know, I don't think that's Ty Cobb!"
He was right. Ty Cobb only hit 117 home runs in over 13,000 plate appearences, no way he hit two home runs.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2014, 11:47 AM   #19
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Well, ...

as long as the robot can produce a valid birth certificate, then there should not be any problem.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2014, 02:18 PM   #20
Dessi
Species Traitor

Errrm, Murray has paranoid schizophrenia, apparent from the Capgras delusion (that familiar people have been replaced by body doubles) and paranoid delusions (that congressman are being publicly executed by powerful world courts ).

I don't think Murray should be shamed, ridiculed, or laughed at for what is ostensibly a serious mental illness.

Last edited by Dessi; 1st July 2014 at 02:20 PM.
Dessi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2014, 02:20 PM   #21
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

He's trying to use it to get himself elected to public office. That's what's mockable.
Old 1st July 2014, 03:43 PM   #22
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dessi View Post
Errrm, Murray has paranoid schizophrenia, apparent from the Capgras delusion (that familiar people have been replaced by body doubles) and paranoid delusions (that congressman are being publicly executed by powerful world courts ).

I don't think Murray should be shamed, ridiculed, or laughed at for what is ostensibly a serious mental illness.
Oh well. I hope he gets help and I still find it funny.

Should we stop mocking David Icke, too? Pass.

Last edited by Babbylonian; 1st July 2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 4th July 2014, 06:03 AM   #23
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

He's no crazier than most of the people already in office. Do you have a source for these diagnoses, or are you practicing medicine without a license?

Last edited by shemp; 4th July 2014 at 06:06 AM.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 10:57 AM   #24
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
He was right. Ty Cobb only hit 117 home runs in over 13,000 plate appearences, no way he hit two home runs.
Just so it's noted, Ichiro Suzuki isn't much of a home run hitter, but you should see him launch them in BP before the game. It's pretty bad ass. He just doesn't aim for it in the game, more of an average hitter.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th July 2014, 04:27 PM   #25
saraban

I've been replaced as well. I'm obviously made of plastic as the side of my head has melted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10462721_10203567041031130_6521389000778501241_n.jpg (12.4 KB, 7 views)
saraban is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th July 2014, 06:59 AM   #26
Molinaro
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Just so it's noted, Ichiro Suzuki isn't much of a home run hitter, but you should see him launch them in BP before the game. It's pretty bad ass. He just doesn't aim for it in the game, more of an average hitter.
I hope you mean: more of a player who hits for average.

Rather than seeming to say his talent level is average.

And on topic.... nuts is nuts.
Old 5th July 2014, 07:24 AM   #27
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Lobbyists Celebrate as Congressmen Go on Sale: Buy One, Get One Free.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th July 2014, 07:06 AM   #28
Tricky
Briefly immortal

What's the big deal? I sometimes make a golem of myself to send to boring meetings or Catholic weddings. Saves a lot of unnecessary stress.
Tricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th July 2014, 07:14 PM   #29
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

If that's the rule, then mocking conservatives would be off limits.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2014, 04:32 PM   #30
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
If that's the rule, then mocking conservatives would be off limits.
He ran as a Democrat in the previous two elections...

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2014, 04:48 PM   #31
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Has Joe Arpaio sent his posse to look into the truth of these serious allegations yet?
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2014, 12:45 PM   #32
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
He ran as a Democrat in the previous two elections...
And then he joined the party that resembles him.
Old 13th July 2014, 01:52 PM   #33
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
And then he joined the party that resembles him.
I think he just decided that he'd have more luck in the primaries. However, since he only got 5.2% and his main rival got over 82%, it doesn't appear that he resembles the Party at all.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th July 2014, 02:49 PM   #34
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

I agree.
Old 15th July 2014, 05:36 AM   #35
Whiplash

Wow, this whole thing sounds a hell of a lot like the overall plot to the 90's UPN TV show "Nowhere Man". A show about a photo journalist who loses his identity and is on the run from authorities, for taking a picture of an execution he should not have seen.

Over the course of the story, it is revealed he may have actually witnessed the execution of 4 high ranking US politicians, who were then replaced by body doubles. And why they wanted to discredit him so badly, and get the negatives for his photos.

Great show. Not so great as a realistic premise in real life.

Last edited by Whiplash; 15th July 2014 at 05:40 AM.
Whiplash is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2014, 08:39 PM   #36
UnrepentantSinner
A post by Alan Smithee

Sorry for the bump, but I just noticed this thread here (though I'd seen the story elsewhere).

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Seems simple enough. Just get a court to order that Rep. Frank Lucas be brought before a doctor and checked to see if he's a human or a body-double robot. What's so crazy about that?
As crazy as he is, you can't argue with his legal logic. If your opponent indeed is a cloned or robotic body-double, then "he" is not the person who was selected to run.
I am an American citizen who is part of American society and briefly served in the American armed forces. I use American dollars and pay taxes that support the American government. And yes, despite the editorial decison to change American politics to the nonsensical "USA politics" subforum, I follow and comment on American politics.
UnrepentantSinner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2014, 10:10 PM   #37
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
Wow, this whole thing sounds a hell of a lot like the overall plot to the 90's UPN TV show "Nowhere Man". A show about a photo journalist who loses his identity and is on the run from authorities, for taking a picture of an execution he should not have seen.

Over the course of the story, it is revealed he may have actually witnessed the execution of 4 high ranking US politicians, who were then replaced by body doubles. And why they wanted to discredit him so badly, and get the negatives for his photos.

Great show. Not so great as a realistic premise in real life.
I actually really liked that show.

The final episode has him finding and watching a secret tape of himself in some kind of medical laboratory, hypnotized, and being told by the hypnotist that he was a photo journalist and had taken a picture of an execution he should not have seen, etc. It was an intriguing coda; and not too bad of a job for an earlier-than-originally-intended series ending. I sometimes wonder where that series would have ended up going if it hadn't been canceled.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2014, 03:42 AM   #38
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Cobb was a slap-hitter against major league pitching; he was well-known to hold his hands several inches apart on the bat, sacrificing power for control. I am sure that he saw one pitch from this kid and knew he could let it rip.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2014, 03:56 AM   #39
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Another semi-cool story involving losing to a dead man: Back in the 1970s a relative of mine was running (as a Democrat) for Mayor of Waldwick, NJ. A few days prior to the election the GOP candidate passed away suddenly. There was no provision for a substitute candidate that close to the election and so it looked like my relative (a second cousin IIRC) would get elected. But the local GOP establishment got out the word to the voters to go ahead and vote for the dead man, because then the (Republican-dominated) town council could decide who was to be the mayor.

BTW, my second cousin later got elected to the Board of Freeholders for the entire county and I managed to get a political patronage job for the summer, although it was no big deal--I really had to work and the pay was minimum wage.
Old 20th July 2014, 11:16 AM   #40
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Reminds me of one of my favorite baseball stories, as related by Bill James.
Do you know how Ty Cobb struck Babe Ruth out looking - from center field?
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics