ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2016 elections , Clinton controversies , hillary clinton , James Comey , presidential candidates

Old 30th October 2016, 07:05 PM   #241
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
A new WikiLeaks email dump reveals Hillary Clinton may have been boozed up at 4:30 in the afternoon when her campaign tried to reach her in August 2015.

An Aug. 8, 2015, email exchange between Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and communications aide Jennifer Palmieri revealed the two discussing whether to call Hillary and “sober her up some.”

“Should I call her and talk this through or better leave with you?” Podesta asked at 2 p.m. “I’m worried she’ll get on with Cheryl [Mills] and we’ll end up in a bad place.”

It took Palmieri two hours to respond to Podesta’s question.

“I think you should call her and sober her up some,” she said.
That may have a different meaning then she was intoxicated. It may have meant Clinton was feeling good and they had "sobering" news. But for argument sakes, let's say, you are right and Hillary was buzzed some afternoon, that in itself doesn't mean she has a problem.

But hey, why let that stop you from peddling the suggestion?
Old 30th October 2016, 07:06 PM   #242
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

We need to talk about Hillary
Old 30th October 2016, 07:09 PM   #243
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
I had a thought: Hillary could have a party for the staff in the headquarters -it's been a long summer and we need to gear up for the fall, and she can say she's grateful for everyone's hard work for her. And if some staff take pictures of her with a beer and letting loose to some music - that end up going viral and eventually on tv - so much the better. The clubbing she did in Latin America as SoS was awesome.
https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/27282

Clubbing in South America! Huh..
Old 30th October 2016, 07:11 PM   #244
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Hillary Drinks
Old 30th October 2016, 07:13 PM   #245
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Swillary Clinton
Old 30th October 2016, 07:15 PM   #246
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/27282

Clubbing in South America! Huh..
You're kidding with this, right?

Really, this is so desperately sad.

Someone else suggesting that they have a party?

Get a picture with Hillary drinking a beer?

This is your evidence of a drinking problem?

So pathetically bad. You have never known an alcoholic or a problem
drinker if you think this is evidence of a problem.

Funny how your stupid google image search showed Hillary with a beer,
at a party, with all the other stupid and childish memes.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:17 PM   #247
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Such an unbiased source.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:18 PM   #248
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by snoop_doxie View Post
You're kidding with this, right?

Really, this is so desperately sad.

Someone else suggesting that they have a party?

Get a picture with Hillary drinking a beer?

This is your evidence of a drinking problem?

So pathetically bad. You have never known an alcoholic or a problem
drinker if you think this is evidence of a problem.

Funny how your stupid google image search showed Hillary with a beer,
at a party, with all the other stupid and childish memes.

It's not even worth it at this point. TPD doesn't even know what he's arguing.

Sad.

What makes me smile is the pain he'll feel on Nov 9th!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Good luck America with President Trump
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:28 PM   #249
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

do y'all need more evidence that Swillary had to be drunk sobered up?

I mean there are lots more.

That was fun!
Old 30th October 2016, 07:32 PM   #250
Molinaro
Illuminator

That was fun!
You have not yet posted any evidence to support your claim. You seem to be either incapable of understanding that or you just don't care. I can't tell which.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:33 PM   #251
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

That was fun!
I'm sure.

I'm sure it was also fun when truthers linked to CIT. Their arguments were just as.....solid.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
cantonear1968 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:33 PM   #252
beren
Muse

That was fun!
I'm waiting for ANY. You have proved she sometimes drinks. Kudos. Also, so what?

Prove she has a problem since that is your claim.
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:34 PM   #253
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Molinaro View Post
You have not yet posted any evidence to support your claim. You seem to be either incapable of understanding that or you just don't care. I can't tell which.
I can.

Old 30th October 2016, 07:35 PM   #254
Tony Stark
Philosopher

Even Joe Walsh Thinks James Comey’s Letter About Clinton Emails Was ‘Wrong & Unfair’
Tony Stark is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:38 PM   #255
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Wait, really? You mean the email saying to sober her up and The articles about her being a drunk are not enough?

Lolz! I guess denial of her drinking is easier than denial of her latest email fiasco.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:39 PM   #256
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric Trump supporters is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution"

Stolen from Jay Windley.

Old 30th October 2016, 07:40 PM   #257
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Wait, really? You mean the email saying to sober her up and The articles about her being a drunk are not enough?

Lolz! I guess denial of her drinking is easier than denial of her latest email fiasco.
Want me to post articles of Trump's addiction to diet pills?

Does that make it true?

Old 30th October 2016, 07:42 PM   #258
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Damn!
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:43 PM   #259
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Do you understand the difference between "drinking" and "a drinking problem"?

Have you also taken up cause with Carrie Nation and the Teetotalers? Can it be long before we hear "The Cross of Silver"?

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:46 PM   #260
Stacko
Philosopher

Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:47 PM   #261
beren
Muse

Correct. They prove she sometimes drinks. They prove nothing about how often.

Quote:
What fiasco? Did they find something in the emails? I must have missed it. Could you give me a link?
beren is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 07:48 PM   #262
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Hey, jimbob, go down to the bar and make hillary soberly aware of the situation.

That is exactly the way people speak!

Glug, glug, glug!

Dude.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:50 PM   #263
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

I think this dog is clearly rabid.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:52 PM   #264
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Do you understand the difference between "drinking" and "a drinking problem"?

Have you also taken up cause with Carrie Nation and the Teetotalers? Can it be long before we hear "The Cross of Silver"?
I think having your Campaign head having to be told to go sober up your candidate at 4 o'clock in the afternoon shows a drinking problem, particularly with the well known history she has, but I can also see why her fans are so desperate to deny it.

I wonder if her dehydration issue had to do with her being hung over....
Old 30th October 2016, 07:55 PM   #265
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by cantonear1968 View Post

Sad.

I think it's already resigned itself to Hillary winning. This is all just performance art at this point.
Old 30th October 2016, 07:56 PM   #266
snoop_doxie
Graduate Poster

Sad.

Yep, I can imagine these fairy stories are the only thing some people
have to keep them warm at night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b064e1b4b32319

Geez, that last paragraph says it all!

Comey's nomination took the longest to get confirmed?
Now, his champion is saying "I was wrong to support you."
Old 30th October 2016, 07:57 PM   #267
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

I think having your Campaign head having to be told to go sober up your candidate at 4 o'clock in the afternoon shows a drinking problem, particularly with the well known history she has, but I can also see why her fans are so desperate to deny it.

I wonder if her dehydration issue had to do with her being hung over....
Dictionary.com gives 9 different definitions of the word "sober". Seven of which do not indicate alcohol use.

What evidence do you have HRC is a "problem drinker"? At this point it's obvious you have none, but I'm willing to keep asking.

Old 30th October 2016, 08:00 PM   #268
Molinaro
Illuminator

As has been explained already the term "sober up" does not always mean a reference to being drunk. The email you quote absolutely does not indicate one meaning over another.
The articles you linked were opinion pieces drawing conclusions from photos. Those photos do not support the conclusions.

Therefore, no you have not provided any actual evidence.

Last edited by Molinaro; 30th October 2016 at 08:02 PM.
Molinaro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 08:00 PM   #269
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
I think it's already resigned itself to Hillary winning. This is all just performance art at this point.
I made mention earlier of TBD's participation in the 9/11 Forum as 16.5. It's rather ironic to see him offer the same level of argument as Craig & Aldo.

Old 30th October 2016, 08:02 PM   #270
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Originally Posted by snoop_doxie View Post

Yep, I can imagine these fairy stories are the only thing some people
have to keep them warm at night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b064e1b4b32319

Geez, that last paragraph says it all!

Comey's nomination took the longest to get confirmed?
Now, his champion is saying "I was wrong to support you."

I wonder if TBD is trying to make up for sunmaster's absence? Either that or its hitting the sauce hard and just projecting like it's hero Drumpf.
Old 30th October 2016, 08:05 PM   #271
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

As has been explained already the term "sober up" does not always mean a reference to being drunk. The email you quote absolutely does not indicate one meaning over another.
The articles you linked were opinion pieces drawing conclusions from photos. Those photos do not support the conclusions.

Therefore, no you have not provided any actual evidence.
Uh huh. Gee Hillary fans not convinced that their drunk hero is a drunk?

Wow.

Color me shocked.

Hee hee!
Old 30th October 2016, 08:06 PM   #272
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

I made mention earlier of TBD's participation in the 9/11 Forum as 16.5. It's rather ironic to see him offer the same level of argument as Craig & Aldo.
Same mindset. No theory is too moronic.
Old 30th October 2016, 08:06 PM   #273
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Wow.

Color me shocked.

Hee hee!
I think you convinced me.

AA77 DID fly over the Pentagon.

Old 30th October 2016, 08:07 PM   #274
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Same mindset. No theory is too moronic.
And no "evidence" discounted. No matter what fringe you have to go to to get it.

Old 30th October 2016, 08:08 PM   #275
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Wow.

Color me shocked.

Hee hee!
Oh, dear!

Help! We're being attacked by sea lions!
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 08:09 PM   #276
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I think you convinced me.

AA77 DID fly over the Pentagon.
Oh dear....
Old 30th October 2016, 08:22 PM   #277
cantonear1968
Graduate Poster

Oh dear....
Your argument was too overwhelming.

(Apparently little emoticons are necessary.)

Old 30th October 2016, 08:27 PM   #278
Molinaro
Illuminator

Stating facts not in evidence.

I have never made a positive statement with respect to Hillary. It is illogical to refer to me as a fan.

I have pointed out false assertions and unsupported assertions about her.
Old 30th October 2016, 08:34 PM   #279
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post

This New York Post covers are much better, and funnier too: "Dickileaks"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sg.jpg (47.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 30th October 2016 at 08:36 PM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2016, 08:48 PM   #280
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Guess who was a drunkard?

Churchill

Guess who rarely drank?

Hilter.

Now I have Godwined the thread.....

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
My Apollo Page.
PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics