ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags immortality , logic

Old 12th November 2017, 03:06 AM   #41
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Inflation and baryogenesis

Main articles: Cosmic inflation and baryogenesis

I think, going to above level, shall be like, losing our individuality and getting our universality. Although, it can be bit odd to discuss but I feel understanding of real/absolute sense of Immortality may not possible without it.

Conditions now are not the same as they were at the time of the Big Bang. If they were, we could not exist.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 12th November 2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Fixing quote tags.
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 03:46 AM   #42
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
Conditions now are not the same as they were at the time of the Big Bang. If they were, we could not exist.
True, then any sense of discussing or thinking about Immorality other than this prime form i.e in current gross form?
Old 12th November 2017, 03:48 AM   #43
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

GIGO
Old 12th November 2017, 03:53 AM   #44
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

I can't say, how much it can be relevant to OP:

0 X 1 = 0

1 X 1 = 1
so on.

Say for example,
0' is soul or some energetic form.

Ist '1' is we and 2nd '1' is our Clone.

In above, '0' and '1' is immortal.
Old 12th November 2017, 03:54 AM   #45
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
GIGO
Old 12th November 2017, 04:22 AM   #46
fagin
Illuminator

I do believe I've found the source of Kumars' posts.

All of them.
Old 12th November 2017, 06:37 AM   #47
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post

All of them.
My guess:

http://www.tee-2.com/design-gibberish.html
Old 12th November 2017, 06:46 AM   #48
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Of course all you have to do, as usual, is redefine life and redefine mortality, and redefine immortality, and throw in some mystical nonsense, cloak it in impenetrable language that can mean anything you want, and then you can ignore everything anyone says to contradict. A typical Kumar thread.

Of course we're immortal because in some sense some "we" are in some sense "immortal." Life is so simple when you just barge right through.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 08:18 AM   #49
Loss Leader
Would Be Ringing (if a bell)

Originally Posted by barehl View Post
Based on what? Proton decay has never been detected. It's one of the grand failures of scientific theory along with the search for ether wind.

I guess I misunderstood. I'm way out of my depth on such topics.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 08:22 AM   #50
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post

Of course we're immortal because in some sense some "we" are in some sense "immortal." Life is so simple when you just barge right through.
Probably, evolutionary consequences may be responsible for biologically mortality and immortality.
Old 12th November 2017, 09:09 AM   #51
sackett
Philosopher

Not your culture, nor

Probably, evolutionary consequences may be responsible for biologically mortality and immortality.
even your universe, Kumar bhai.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 09:13 AM   #52
Little 10 Toes
Graduate Poster

Kumar, define "singularity".
Little 10 Toes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 09:14 AM   #53
barehl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Not completely. From wikipedia:
Both concepts have been the focus of major experimental physics efforts since the early 1980s. To date, all attempts to observe these events have failed. Best results come from the super-Kamiokande water Cherenkov radiation detector in Japan. 2015 analysis gave half-life higher than 1.671034 years via positron decay and 2012 analysis gave 1.081034 years via antimuon decay, close to a supersymmetry (SUSY) prediction of 10341036 years. An upgraded version, Hyper-Kamiokande, probably will have sensitivity 510 times better than super-Kamiokande.
Proton decay is predicted by some Grand Unified and Super Symmetric theories. To date, none of these have gained enough experimental evidence to replace the Standard Model even though the Standard Model has known problems. But if proton decay were detected by an even larger experiment then this would provide some proof for these models. So, proton decay is still a possibility, but that is all it is.
barehl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 09:17 AM   #54
barehl
Master Poster

Yes but I think. ghosts/souls, even if possible, can not be in materialistic or physical form. These can either be in some energy form
No, this is completely impossible. It can be disproved.

Quote:
or illusionary emotional form or in image form.?
There's nothing unusual about hallucinations.
barehl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 09:19 AM   #55
barehl
Master Poster

This is nonsense.
Second that.
Old 12th November 2017, 10:40 AM   #56
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

Hello,
Greetings!

Just got the initiation to check it.

What can be the basis of our Immortality directly or indirectly? Can it be:-

At current/gross level (Observable)

1. Our Clones

2. Our Children

3. Our physical remains after death--bones, DNA etc.

4. Our work done(good & bad)

5. Or Otherwise?

At Prime Level (non-observable)

1. Our prime energy form

2. Our pure/impure soul or ghosts

3. Our reincarnations

4. Or otherwise?

You may discuss these, logically or scientifically.

Best wishes.

Kumar, since long experience tells us that you have already reached your own conclusion, and that nothing anyone posts will dissuade you from it, please go ahead and tell us what it is. This will save us all a lot of time and reduce electron waste. Then we can start discussing your conclusion. Thanks.
Old 12th November 2017, 01:39 PM   #57
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Hello,
Greetings!

Just got the initiation to check it.

What can be the basis of our Immortality directly or indirectly? Can it be:-

At current/gross level (Observable)

1. Our Clones

2. Our Children

3. Our physical remains after death--bones, DNA etc.

4. Our work done(good & bad)

5. Or Otherwise?

At Prime Level (non-observable)

1. Our prime energy form

2. Our pure/impure soul or ghosts

3. Our reincarnations

4. Or otherwise?

You may discuss these, logically or scientifically.

Best wishes.
Depends entirely on your definition of 'immortality'.

And, of course, the last four are entirely speculative.

Hans
Old 12th November 2017, 01:44 PM   #58
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

What we shall be at the time of Big Bang?
Nonexistent.

hans
Old 12th November 2017, 01:45 PM   #59
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

I can't say, how much it can be relevant to OP:

0 X 1 = 0

1 X 1 = 1
so on.

Say for example,
0' is soul or some energetic form.

Ist '1' is we and 2nd '1' is our Clone.

In above, '0' and '1' is immortal.
Nonsense.

Hans
Old 12th November 2017, 02:27 PM   #60
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

No, the responsibility lies only in sloppy thought, tendentious redefinition of words, and stubborn refusal to learn.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 08:23 PM   #61
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by barehl View Post
No, this is completely impossible. It can be disproved.
Can emitted or reflected EM spectrum from our body create any affect?

Quote:
There's nothing unusual about hallucinations.
Yes, mostly, emotional basis should be there.
Old 12th November 2017, 08:30 PM   #62
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Little 10 Toes View Post
Kumar, define "singularity".
Read it for all your questions:
Quote:
The Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological model for the universe[1] from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[2][3][4] The model describes how the universe expanded from a very high density and high temperature state,[5][6] and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background (CMB), large scale structure and Hubble's law.[7] If the known laws of physics are extrapolated to the highest density regime, the result is a singularity which is typically associated with the Big Bang. Physicists are undecided whether this means the universe began from a singularity, or that current knowledge is insufficient to describe the universe at that time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
Old 12th November 2017, 08:39 PM   #63
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
Kumar, since long experience tells us that you have already reached your own conclusion, and that nothing anyone posts will dissuade you from it, please go ahead and tell us what it is. This will save us all a lot of time and reduce electron waste. Then we can start discussing your conclusion. Thanks.
Immortality of our current body not possible. Increase in life span can be possible if proper care is kept or we get evolved(may be as nature need it). At our most prime level, we are already immortal in sense, energy can not be destructed.
Old 12th November 2017, 08:45 PM   #64
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Depends entirely on your definition of 'immortality'.

And, of course, the last four are entirely speculative.

Hans
You please define, when you all discussing it lot since long back.

But those four may only indicate real sense of immortality. We may not be immortal at current body/molecular level but can be at energy level.
Old 12th November 2017, 08:46 PM   #65
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Nonexistent.

hans
Will not be in energy state?
Old 12th November 2017, 08:56 PM   #66
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

No, the responsibility lies only in sloppy thought, tendentious redefinition of words, and stubborn refusal to learn.
Yes true.
Old 12th November 2017, 09:37 PM   #67
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by fagin View Post

All of them.
Well located Thanks!!!! Now we know!!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2017, 10:07 PM   #68
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Once again, another incoherent Kumar thread. Oh, well.

That is a stupid question. The Human hand is sufficient to detect radiated heat from another human body. Northern pale bodies will reflect a lot more than darker southern bodies and none can compete with a simple white sheet. Sheesh. This should be obvious.

Will not be in energy state?
Nope.

You please define, when you all discussing it lot since long back.

But those four may only indicate real sense of immortality. We may not be immortal at current body/molecular level but can be at energy level.
That is a spectacular load of utter rot.

And that is simply making stuff up out of whole cloth. Please stop doing that.

Originally Posted by Kumar
Yes true.
By that, you admit that your responsibility is your sloppy thought, tendentious redefinition of words, and stubborn refusal to learn. Nobody asked you to make that admission, but jesus.
Old 12th November 2017, 10:33 PM   #69
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Blah
Old 13th November 2017, 12:16 AM   #70
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Blah
Monday morning.
Old 13th November 2017, 12:32 AM   #71
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Once again, another incoherent Kumar thread. Oh, well.

That is a stupid question. The Human hand is sufficient to detect radiated heat from another human body. Northern pale bodies will reflect a lot more than darker southern bodies and none can compete with a simple white sheet. Sheesh. This should be obvious.

Nope.
Some more specifics can also possible eg. emitted or reflective EMRs spectrums.

Quote:
That is a spectacular load of utter rot.
No. I want to understand, what can be we on our ultimate?

Quote:
And that is simply making stuff up out of whole cloth. Please stop doing that.

By that, you admit that your responsibility is your sloppy thought, tendentious redefinition of words, and stubborn refusal to learn. Nobody asked you to make that admission, but jesus.
No, true because, I am it as not satisfied with replies. It can also be applicable to others. Moreover, some other facts were also there in that post.

Last edited by Kumar; 13th November 2017 at 01:38 AM. Reason: correct
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 01:09 AM   #72
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Yes: it makes the body visible. But that's nothing to do with the post you were replying to.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 01:14 AM   #73
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Define "Big bang state".
Singularity.
Define "Singularity".
The initial state of the universe, at the beginning of the Big Bang.

And round and round we go...

Last edited by Mojo; 13th November 2017 at 01:17 AM.
Old 13th November 2017, 01:34 AM   #74
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

And round and round we go...
Ok other:

Quote:
Evolution of aging[edit]
Main article: Evolution of aging
As the existence of biologically immortal species demonstrates, there is no thermodynamic necessity for senescence: a defining feature of life is that it takes in free energy from the environment and unloads its entropy as waste. Living systems can even build themselves up from seed, and routinely repair themselves. Aging is therefore presumed to be a byproduct of evolution, but why mortality should be selected for remains a subject of research and debate.

Evolutionary immortality[edit]

Joseph Wright of Derby, The Alchymist, In Search of the Philosopher's Stone, 1771
Another approach, developed by biogerontologist Marios Kyriazis, holds that human biological immortality is an inevitable consequence of evolution. As the natural tendency is to create progressively more complex structures,[30] there will be a time (Kyriazis claims this time is now[31]), when evolution of a more complex human brain will be faster via a process of developmental singularity[32] rather than through Darwinian evolution. In other words, the evolution of the human brain as we know it will cease and there will be no need for individuals to procreate and then die. Instead, a new type of development will take over, in the same individual who will have to live for many centuries in order for the development to take place. This intellectual development will be facilitated by technology such as synthetic biology, artificial intelligence and a technological singularity process
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immortality
There appear to be a relation between Evolution and Mortality & Immortality. Probably, nature takes its own way to keep itself in balance.

Last edited by Kumar; 13th November 2017 at 02:30 AM. Reason: add
Kumar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2017, 01:39 AM   #75
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Yes: it makes the body visible. But that's nothing to do with the post you were replying to.
Why we do not account, our that entity?
Old 13th November 2017, 01:47 AM   #76
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Why we do not account, our that entity?

Why you do not post, something coherent?

Old 13th November 2017, 02:29 AM   #77
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Why you do not post, something coherent?
Mine most of the posts are coherent, directly or indirectly, in language or in sense. It is different issue you may perceive these differently.
Old 13th November 2017, 02:32 AM   #78
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Well located Thanks!!!! Now we know!!!!!
My previous decision was right but its reversal in good sense is wrong.
Old 13th November 2017, 03:09 AM   #79
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Not any effect that has the slightest to do with ghosts or spirits.

Hans
Old 13th November 2017, 03:12 AM   #80
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Immortality of our current body not possible. Increase in life span can be possible if proper care is kept or we get evolved(may be as nature need it). At our most prime level, we are already immortal in sense, energy can not be destructed.
No, that is not immortality. 'Immortal' means unable to die. When you die, the energy and substances bound in you do continue to exist, but YOU are dead.

Hans

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy