ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Dr. Oz , Mehmet Oz , Trump administration

Old 27th July 2019, 07:43 PM   #1
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Trump using Dr. Oz has a health advisor?

https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/05/04...-live-tv-12925

This just caught my eye, though I see that the article is a year old.

Does anyone have any more recent information? I would really like to know if Oz gives Trump National health advise, personal advise, or is symbolic. It is nasty symbolism. Con, liar, mentally ill. An anti-vaxxer, holistic nut-cake is not representing me in any way.

(I wasn't sure which forum to put this.)
Old 27th July 2019, 07:56 PM   #2
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I hope Trump takes Dr. Oz's medical advice. It would decrease the chance that he'll live to complete his term.
"[shemp is] a most notable coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality." - Shakespeare
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2019, 09:49 PM   #3
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I hope Trump takes Dr. Oz's medical advice. It would decrease the chance that he'll live to complete his term.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2019, 10:02 PM   #4
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/05/04...-live-tv-12925

This just caught my eye, though I see that the article is a year old.

Does anyone have any more recent information? I would really like to know if Oz gives Trump National health advise, personal advise, or is symbolic. It is nasty symbolism. Con, liar, mentally ill. An anti-vaxxer, holistic nut-cake is not representing me in any way.

(I wasn't sure which forum to put this.)
The article is a bit misleading. The President's Council on Whatever It Is is a mostly honorary group. In August of 2018, the Dept of Health and Human Services announced the "First" Annual Meeting. It was held in one of the office buildings on the hill and lasted three whole hours. There's no record of who even attended. The co-chairs are like a sop to minority representation: One Latino, Mariano Rivera (Panamanian-American), One Wimminz (Misty May), One Black (Herschel Walker).

The other members of the Council are appointed from around the country. Political coin. It's a do-nothing group. Claiming, as the article does, that Mehmet Oz will be working at the White House is a considerable stretch. (This is from a guy who hates both Oz and Trump.)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2019, 09:31 AM   #5
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Well his actual medical advice like from his surgery practice or the crap the character he plays on TV says?

I mean just like Ken Jeong you shouldn't get confused by the actor playing the character being a doctor with the character presenting real medical advice. His testimony before congress showed the difference.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2019, 12:26 PM   #6
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Well his actual medical advice like from his surgery practice or the crap the character he plays on TV says?
Which one get the best ratings? That one.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics