IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Australia elections , Australia politics , Julie Bishop , Malcolm Turnbull , Tony Abbott

Old 14th October 2015, 10:48 PM   #121
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Australia's metadata laws went into effect today. The Abbott government bill received bipartisan support back in March when, with the support of the ALP, the bill passed the Senate by 43 votes to 16. (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-32061421).

However, it is being reported that many telecommunications companies are not ready for the task.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/on...-1227566871231
Everyone in the industry knew it was a total shambles from the start. Including, I imagine, the then Telecommunications Minister now PM. Not only are the Telcos not ready for the task, they don't ever want to be ready for the task. It's a complete loser for them. They have to afford heaps of expensive technology to start with which must be paid for by the customers. It is a complete turn-off for their customers so their income base reduces. And even semi-smart customers will bypass the filters easily, which makes the whole thing an exercise in absolutely futility. That is, yet another example of the Abbott idiocy. And it only cost us another few hundred million dollars.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2015, 11:14 PM   #122
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Everyone in the industry knew it was a total shambles from the start. Including, I imagine, the then Telecommunications Minister now PM. Not only are the Telcos not ready for the task, they don't ever want to be ready for the task. It's a complete loser for them. They have to afford heaps of expensive technology to start with which must be paid for by the customers. It is a complete turn-off for their customers so their income base reduces. And even semi-smart customers will bypass the filters easily, which makes the whole thing an exercise in absolutely futility. That is, yet another example of the Abbott idiocy. And it only cost us another few hundred million dollars.
I could foretell all this and I am but bottom feeding minion in the tech industry.

How could the geniuses in Govt not get it.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th October 2015, 11:59 PM   #123
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

That is, yet another example of the Gillard/Abbott/Shorten/Turnbull idiocy. And it only cost us another few hundred million dollars.
ftfy.

When it comes to making the public answerable to the government, both major parties back each other absolutely.
Old 15th October 2015, 04:24 AM   #124
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Welfare debit card bill passed.

The governments welfare debit card bill has passed the Senate with the support of the ALP. The final vote was 37-10. This clears the way for a trial of the card in three sites, including Ceduna in South Australia from early next year.

Quote:
Welfare recipients will have access to only 20% of their funds through their normal bank account, including cash withdrawals.

The remaining 80% of payments will be available only via the special Visa Debit card. People will be unable to spend the restricted portions of their payments on alcohol products or gambling services or withdraw those amounts as cash.
http://www.theguardian.com/australia...-labor-backing

I am just waiting for a privately owned utility company to refuse to accept payment with these cards because of the cost to them of doing so.

Last edited by psionl0; 15th October 2015 at 04:26 AM.
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th October 2015, 11:46 PM   #125
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Nice to see your new boy coming to meet his Guru, Combover Johnny.

Expect him to come home with much better understanding of how to drive Australia's property prices higher, reduce spending on health & education, and save money on climate change.

Oh, hang on. Aussie's already got the last one sorted.
The Atheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2015, 05:18 AM   #126
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I could foretell all this and I am but bottom feeding minion in the tech industry.

How could the geniuses in Govt not get it.
Ditto. And ditto.

I guess the answer is they COULD see it but were over-ruled by some tunnel-vision, bombastic and belligerent arse in the PM's office.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2015, 05:21 AM   #127
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

ftfy.

When it comes to making the public answerable to the government, both major parties back each other absolutely.
No, this one is down to the LNP alone, if not specific people in that area with warped ideological agendas and party-political backhanders.

Labor, for all their sins before 2013, were at least looking at a world-class NBN and resisted alternatives to metadata mining for "terrorist searches". Alas, they caved after that - very poor decision.
Old 16th October 2015, 02:07 PM   #128
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

No, this one is down to the LNP alone, if not specific people in that area with warped ideological agendas and party-political backhanders.
Nonsense. Meta data laws were Julia Gillard's idea. Malcolm Turnbull might have spoken against them at the time but from the moment the idea was born, there was never any chance that Australia wouldn't have internet surveillance laws.
Old 20th October 2015, 01:42 AM   #129
a_unique_person

Who is the ex-PM that Heffernan has accused of being a suspected paedophile?
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2015, 01:47 PM   #130
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

I suppose your guess is as good as mine.
We could speculate, I won't.

Put him in the van.
wombatwal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2015, 02:56 PM   #131
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

NBN Co. (Fraudband) buys 1800kms of new copper cable to make FTTN work.
Unbelievable
https://delimiter.com.au/2015/10/20/...ake-fttn-work/

Put him in the van.
wombatwal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2015, 04:27 PM   #132
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

I assume it is going to be Billy McMahon. There are unsubstantiated internet claim that Billy McMahon was gay. I have no opinion on that.
"It was common knowledge to many in political and social circles that the Liberal politician William McMahon was gay and that for many years he had shared a waterside Sydney home with his long term male partner."
http://www.culturedviews.com/lady-so...04/03/view.htm

Sonia is, of course, aghast at anyone even suggesting her husband was not heterosexual.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1111114526775

It is my understanding that Billy McMahon had some sexual immaturity issues and sought treatment back then, but never heard anything about him being a paedophile. ("boy lover in the 80's") I don't know what the sexual immaturity issues actually were, as I was only a kid when I overheard the discussion back then between senior psychiatrists.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2015, 12:17 AM   #133
devnull
Philosopher

Originally Posted by wombatwal View Post
NBN Co. (Fraudband) buys 1800kms of new copper cable to make FTTN work.
Unbelievable
https://delimiter.com.au/2015/10/20/...ake-fttn-work/
Well.... doesnt that just take the biscuit.
"Here we go again.... semantic and syntactic chicanery and sophistic sleight of tongue and pen.... the bedazzling magic of appearing to be saying something when in fact all that is happening is diverting attention from the attempts at shoving god through the trapdoor of illogic and wishful thinking." - Leumas
devnull is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2015, 12:47 AM   #134
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
I assume it is going to be Billy McMahon. There are unsubstantiated internet claim that Billy McMahon was gay. I have no opinion on that.
"It was common knowledge to many in political and social circles that the Liberal politician William McMahon was gay and that for many years he had shared a waterside Sydney home with his long term male partner."

Sonia is, of course, aghast at anyone even suggesting her husband was not heterosexual.

It is my understanding that Billy McMahon had some sexual immaturity issues and sought treatment back then, but never heard anything about him being a paedophile. ("boy lover in the 80's") I don't know what the sexual immaturity issues actually were, as I was only a kid when I overheard the discussion back then between senior psychiatrists.
It would certainly be a dead PM, and McMahon would be my bet. Although Gorton had problems with a certain part of his anatomy.......

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2015, 03:56 AM   #135
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Joe Hockey's final speech.
I think "First Dog On The Moon" say's it all.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...mpous-braggart

Put him in the van.
Old 21st October 2015, 04:00 AM   #136
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post

Just because McMahon was allegedly gay does not mean he is a paedophile. Gay and paedophile does not go hand in hand necessarily.

Put him in the van.
Old 22nd October 2015, 06:19 AM   #137
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Not content with being a homophobe, Eric Abetz decided to toss a little racism into the mix, describing African-American supreme court judge Clarence Thomas as a negro: http://www.theguardian.com/australia...e-in-interview
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2015, 08:12 PM   #138
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by wombatwal View Post
Just because McMahon was allegedly gay does not mean he is a paedophile. Gay and paedophile does not go hand in hand necessarily.
I totally agree. As I said, I did not understand the conversation I overheard. Billy McMahon's "Sexual immaturity" could mean anything. Perhaps he simply got nervous around women? I don't know.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2015, 09:00 PM   #139
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Nonsense. Meta data laws were Julia Gillard's idea. Malcolm Turnbull might have spoken against them at the time but from the moment the idea was born, there was never any chance that Australia wouldn't have internet surveillance laws.
They were actually started back in Howard's era, about 2005 IIRC. They didn't work then and they won't work now.

ETA: I was wrong. Cybercrime Act 2001 https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2004A00937

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 22nd October 2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 22nd October 2015, 09:42 PM   #140
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

They were actually started back in Howard's era, about 2005 IIRC. They didn't work then and they won't work now.

ETA: I was wrong. Cybercrime Act 2001 https://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2004A00937
The Cybercrime Act 2001 does not mention "meta-data".

In any case it does not support your earlier assertion that "this one is down to the LNP alone".
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:09 PM   #141
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

The Cybercrime Act 2001 does not mention "meta-data".

In any case it does not support your earlier assertion that "this one is down to the LNP alone".
Being an IT tech who had to deal with the technical and legal issues for clients at the time, it does indeed support my assertion. Granted the wording is now so dated as to be ludicrous on that point alone, so it didn't mention "metadata" per se. But they intended to use the powers of the act for the same purposes, i.e. to spy on the population in the name of "security". The current law is a variant of the same, with the same purpose in mind, and with the same bone-headed understanding and drawbacks.
Old 22nd October 2015, 10:44 PM   #142
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
Not content with being a homophobe, Eric Abetz decided to toss a little racism into the mix, describing African-American supreme court judge Clarence Thomas as a negro: http://www.theguardian.com/australia...e-in-interview
Yup. Some of our more rabid conservative politicians aren't not too far removed from the Tea Party.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2015, 01:09 AM   #143
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Being an IT tech who had to deal with the technical and legal issues for clients at the time, it does indeed support my assertion. Granted the wording is now so dated as to be ludicrous on that point alone, so it didn't mention "metadata" per se. But they intended to use the powers of the act for the same purposes, i.e. to spy on the population in the name of "security". The current law is a variant of the same, with the same purpose in mind, and with the same bone-headed understanding and drawbacks.
You keep missing the point that this is not just a "LNP alone" thing. No matter who introduces the legislation, they all receive bi-partisan support. And neither party is interested in how effective these laws are (everybody knows that only honest people will get caught up in the laws). Making laws is all they are interested in.

I don't know if the Cybercrime Act 2001 alone would have been enough to force ISPs to retain meta-data but the Laberals were dead keen to make sure that there was another law about it.
Old 23rd October 2015, 05:13 AM   #144
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Malcolm Turnbull has called an end to scare campaigns in politics, while also flagging new borrowing to fund public transport projects.

"What we're trying to achieve is to ensure that Australians who do live today in a high-wage, generous social welfare net economy, will be able to do so in the years ahead and in an environment where wages will be higher and we'll have a bigger tax base and we'll be able to provide for those in need more effectively," he told Fairfax Media.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...#ixzz3pON8WNH4
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

This is sounding more interesting.
Just wonder how far he can go with the Neo. Cons.

Put him in the van.
Old 23rd October 2015, 10:19 PM   #145
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

You keep missing the point that this is not just a "LNP alone" thing. No matter who introduces the legislation, they all receive bi-partisan support. And neither party is interested in how effective these laws are (everybody knows that only honest people will get caught up in the laws). Making laws is all they are interested in.
No, I didn't miss it. I agree. The 2001 law was a sop to senator Brian Harradine, the uptight religious thick-head from Tasmania who held the balance of power at the time. This was all his demands - he wanted to "censor the Internet" from pornography by keeping tabs on who was browsing what IP's. You may recall the peals of horrified laughter from the IT community at the time (proxy software sales skyrocketed), and the resounding groans from local ISP's who had to implement this tracking by law (my clients).

Agreed, the level of cross-house support was very disappointing. But the reason was purely political games - to pay for Harradine's unclogging of the Senate.

My point was that, regardless of the back-story, the current law is hardly the first of this type, nor is it any better. In fact it is likely to be worse.

Quote:
I don't know if the Cybercrime Act 2001 alone would have been enough to force ISPs to retain meta-data but the Liberals were dead keen to make sure that there was another law about it.
No, not metadata per se. It was essentially access logging. The wholesale collection of absolutely useless data that correlated to nothing useful.

Oh yes, the LNP to date have been ultra keen on Big Brother tactics. Of course, like all legislation aimed at curbing or policing the internet, they have used the buzzwords but have shown a woeful lack of technical understanding of how the thing actually works. It has been akin to watching them make traffic laws assuming only horse-and-cart vehicles.
Old 24th October 2015, 12:10 AM   #146
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Quote:
I don't know if the Cybercrime Act 2001 alone would have been enough to force ISPs to retain meta-data but the Liberals were dead keen to make sure that there was another law about it.
No, not metadata per se. It was essentially access logging. The wholesale collection of absolutely useless data that correlated to nothing useful.

Oh yes, the LNP to date have been ultra keen on Big Brother tactics. Of course, like all legislation aimed at curbing or policing the internet, they have used the buzzwords but have shown a woeful lack of technical understanding of how the thing actually works. It has been akin to watching them make traffic laws assuming only horse-and-cart vehicles.
I notice a slight edit of my post. I used the word LAberal advisedly. They are all the same.
Old 24th October 2015, 04:38 AM   #147
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

I notice a slight edit of my post. I used the word LAberal advisedly. They are all the same.
My apologies. I wasn't sure, and thought it may have been a typo.
Old 30th October 2015, 09:39 AM   #148
nodster78
New Blood

On Heffernan's allegations, a French clock-loving Labor PM has been suggested to me, based on rumours about his marriage break-up. McMahon seems a real possibility, he was a shifty bastard.
nodster78 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2015, 01:24 AM   #149
Dabop
Graduate Poster

Welcome to the new one, just like the old one...

On Monday, 34 OECD countries need to agree to pass a deal that would slash pollution, stopping new coal fired power plants being built across the planet and restricting emissions from existing plants. There are just 2 countries refusing to sign...

Which third world countries are these, unwilling to step up to the future and stop polluting `our' planet???
who?

Turns out its South Korea, and AUSTRALIA!!!!!

Yup the libs still (even under the new Turnbull promises to be a `good global citizen on climate change') obviously are still in full denial mode.

`Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead' and to hell with the results to the planet and our descendants

(Turnbull government accused of blocking US, Japan plan to reduce coal, The Age, 10 November 2015)
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2015, 01:39 AM   #150
a_unique_person

It looks like the Budget Emergency just got boring so everyone's forgotten about it now.
Old 11th November 2015, 05:55 PM   #151
The Fool
Penultimate Amazing

It looks like the Budget Emergency just got boring so everyone's forgotten about it now.
Luckily people in NSW don't have to be concerned with deciding what they have to panic about. The Murdoch press tells us what is the Current panic button. At the moment its back to sharks.

Lose half your IQ....Ask me how.
The Fool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2015, 06:46 AM   #152
Dabop
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Fool View Post
Luckily people in NSW don't have to be concerned with deciding what they have to panic about. The Murdoch press tells us what is the Current panic button. At the moment its back to sharks.
It's funny, I actually grew up there- I lived less than 500m from lighthouse beach
It seems that the number of attacks has increased remarkably over the last 5 years or so- when I was growing up there was only 1 attack in my entire childhood, where now it seems to be every 6 months or so at most
warmer water? more sharks?

who knows

Personally I'd like to see the nets back
Dabop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st November 2015, 06:06 AM   #153
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

A very long read with a lot of dry numbers, but worth a read.

Quote:
Exploding Malcolm Turnbull’s Myths
September, 2015
Why the cost of the MTM based NBN has increased by $15 billion
http://www.abc.net.au/cm/lb/6905096/...to-pm-data.pdf

Quote:
The $15 billion increase from the Strategic Review of December 2013 to the August 2015 Corporate Plan has nothing to do with FTTP costs and the decisions made by the previous NBN Co management. It has
everything to do with the persistently over-optimistic assumptions about the true costs and timescale for deploying the newly introduced MTM technologies of HFC and FTTN at scale, and the huge impact that this has had on the complexity of the rollout.
Read the linked URL above for all of the details.

Put him in the van.
Old 21st November 2015, 06:22 AM   #154
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Forgot to mention that the detailed analysis that I linked to in my previous post was by former NBN CEO Mike Quigley.
This Turnbull bloke is now wooing Australians with his charm and smarm (is their such a word).

Put him in the van.

Last edited by wombatwal; 21st November 2015 at 06:24 AM.
Old 24th November 2015, 10:25 PM   #155
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Can it get any worse.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...25-gl7fso.html
Tony's, Mr Internet, who virtually invented the internet
Has stuffed it up once again. Mr. Fraudband should slink away with his head hung low. Scrap this monumental blunder Fraudband and bring back Lobor's real NBN.

Put him in the van.
Old 3rd December 2015, 04:24 AM   #156
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

I see things are going swimmingly for our broadband of the 20th century.

Quote:
NBN faces another potential cost blowout, leaked document shows

Read more: http://www.watoday.com.au/technology...#ixzz3tFv7ljO8
The LNP are better off cancelling the fraudband before it gets to $100 Billion.

Put him in the van.
Old 7th December 2015, 05:34 AM   #157
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Quote:
After all of the crowing, it seems like the new Turnbull government isn’t willing to put up with the political cost of this MTM they put themselves into. The AFR reported on Friday that the government is already in talks with large telcos (which we can assume to be Telstra, Optus, TPG and M2) to offload the existing network for as low as $20b, which would constitute a staggering loss and basically re-establish a private monopoly between Telstra, who has been sourced as the likely bulk bidder, and two smaller ISPs – I would likely guess TPG and Optus.

Read more: http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Featur...#ixzz3tda9uhp3
Why isn't Turnbull bought to account on this totally incompetent and dare may I say treasonous (no, maybe a bit strong) treacherous act on the Australian people, their bank balance and digital future. What a disgrace he is. Is the media holding him to account? Not on your sweet bippy, they are too busy greasing up to him and his fork tongued talk of innovation etc, etc.

Put him in the van.
Old 7th December 2015, 05:42 AM   #158
wombatwal
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull appears to have made a statement on national television which may have been factually inaccurate regarding the National Broadband Network, claiming on 7:30 tonight that the cost of remediating Telstra’s copper network was not ten times the amount originally estimated, despite evidence to the contrary.
https://delimiter.com.au/2015/12/07/...-copper-costs/

It seems the only part of the media, the Tech. part, is holding Turnbull to account. Unfortunately not many people read it.

Put him in the van.
Old 7th December 2015, 03:36 PM   #159
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Former treasurer Joe Hockey set to be named US ambassador

Quote:
Diplomatic appointment of Hockey, who resigned from parliament in October after two years as treasurer, to be announced on Tuesday
So - is this a bad idea, or the worst idea ever?

Three Word Story Wisdom
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 01:37 PM   #160
a_unique_person

Tony Abbott could have won the next election.

Dog time again.

Quote:
Tony Abbott has fired a broadside at the plotters who brought him down, defiantly declaring he would have led the Coalition to a victory at the next election.
The comments came in an interview in which he flagged an intention to stay around in Parliament; called on Malcolm Turnbull to spend a week in an Indigenous community each year; advocated a more robust defence of "superior" Western values in the struggle with Islamic extremism; and said his first budget was fine.
And, in a worrying sign for the government, he has also signalled he would not shy away from defending the facts where the record was intentionally falsified by surviving ministers.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/federal-pol...#ixzz3tirxryLN
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics