IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Deep State conspiracies , QAnon

Old 20th January 2021, 11:53 AM   #2961
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
They're claiming Biden is a hologram now.
it's still a massive improvement over 45.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:05 PM   #2962
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
They're claiming Biden is a hologram now.
More like some troll feeds these morons with more drivel and they swallow it whole and spread more.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:07 PM   #2963
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
it's still a massive improvement over 45.
The WH will save millions on the food budget
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:09 PM   #2964
Cavemonster
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
The WH will save millions on the food budget
Naw, hamburders are cheap.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:11 PM   #2965
Joe Random
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It's not, sad to say.

Hail to the chief

Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:35 PM   #2966
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

One of Biden's SS detail is Asian. I noticed him at the Inauguration and again just now at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This is bound to drive the "Chinese invasion" Q-MAGAs insane.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:49 PM   #2967
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
One of Biden's SS detail is Asian. I noticed him at the Inauguration and again just now at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. This is bound to drive the "Chinese invasion" Q-MAGAs insane.
You must mean more insane! Or maybe he's a Falun Gong Epoch Times plant selected by Q to prepare for The StormTM from within?
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 12:49 PM   #2968
Dragon
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Joe Random View Post
Let's wait and see if President Biden does an over-elaborate salute to the Marine when he gets on the helicopter.
Old 20th January 2021, 12:57 PM   #2969
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Seems like a good place for this.

Liberals should learn from the utter embarrassment of QAnon and not get duped themselves.

Don't fall for BlueAnon. I've seen the clip passing around that has Hillary Clinton speculating that Trump was on the phone with Putin on the day of the Jan 6 riots.

All roads do not, in fact, lead to Russia. If you think Putin was puppet mastering the Jan 6 riots through Trump, kindly get a grip. There's enough bad, real stuff about Trump that it isn't necessary to start spinning up crank theories about how Putin called all the shots.
Old 20th January 2021, 01:25 PM   #2970
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Just to join the pile on:

‘We really are the cucks’: QAnon adrift after Trump ‘fails to ascend as God Emperor'

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7v9...rd-fans-adrift
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 01:47 PM   #2971
eerok
Quixoticist

There was an Asian woman often in the background I thought was USSS. One tell is that they're always scanning the crowd.
Old 20th January 2021, 01:53 PM   #2972
Checkmite

Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 01:57 PM   #2973
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

The lad doth protest too much, methinks.
Old 20th January 2021, 02:37 PM   #2974
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
It's not, sad to say.
Damn your eyes, I told you to tell me it was!
Old 20th January 2021, 02:59 PM   #2975
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Damn your eyes, I told you to tell me it was!
It's no crazier then some of the No Planer crap we heard from 9/11 Truthers, if that is any comfort.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 03:27 PM   #2976
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

The massive crowds of protestors at each state capitol today is simply staggering. I'm shocked, I tell you - shocked!
Old 20th January 2021, 04:04 PM   #2977
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Any and all Federal Agents browsing this website
Too late.

Laughing my ass off as Trump's brown shirts are rounded up, one by one.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 04:17 PM   #2978
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Who says this thing has to end?

From the pages of OANN:

A poster named MingleBells:

Quote:
biden is part of the old usa. the one the world bankers controlled. it is considered a foreign entity now. that's why it's fenced off with military around it. biden was inaugurated into this entity. so he's not president of the new usa. which will commence on mar 4.

It's never going to end!!! Mwahahahahahahahahahahha!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 04:37 PM   #2979
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
It's no crazier then some of the No Planer crap we heard from 9/11 Truthers, if that is any comfort.
Oh I don't doubt that, and find little comfort in it. I don't venture into this section often, there be dragons and whatnot, you know, but the Q factor at a couple shops I do work at had gone up to eleven the last month or so, and I needed answers.
Honestly, what I found here made me sad. Not because of the crazy, I like poking fun at that. What made me sad was, these shops are run by honestly good, very hard working, intelligent, good paying, charitable people, who, for reasons I can't begin to fathom, put credence into this nonsense.
So I'd go in, do my job, hand over an invoice, listen to crazy, get my check, smile and go. I dread what I'll hear next visit.
Old 20th January 2021, 04:47 PM   #2980
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Seems like a good place for this.

Liberals should learn from the utter embarrassment of QAnon and not get duped themselves.

Don't fall for BlueAnon. I've seen the clip passing around that has Hillary Clinton speculating that Trump was on the phone with Putin on the day of the Jan 6 riots.

All roads do not, in fact, lead to Russia. If you think Putin was puppet mastering the Jan 6 riots through Trump, kindly get a grip. There's enough bad, real stuff about Trump that it isn't necessary to start spinning up crank theories about how Putin called all the shots.
What clip? Which "liberals" are claiming this? Where is Clinton claiming Putin orchestrated the MAGA riot? Do you think it's ridiculous to believe Trump, Putin and Assange were in cahoots together in 2016? I don't.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 05:02 PM   #2981
Venom
Illuminator

Whoa. It just dawned on me this morning that QAnon is basically a rehash of the Satanic panic of the 1980s. I read a little about it when Snopes was called the Urban Legends Reference pages, early 2000s.

How's that for recovered memories.

Funny to see it evolve, but it might be at it's most dangerous today.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 06:00 PM   #2982
marting
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Whoa. It just dawned on me this morning that QAnon is basically a rehash of the Satanic panic of the 1980s. I read a little about it when Snopes was called the Urban Legends Reference pages, early 2000s.

How's that for recovered memories.

Funny to see it evolve, but it might be at it's most dangerous today.
Oh yeah. And Facilitated Communication followed along a bit later. There are still true believers. What a mess that was. Seems us humans get wrapped up in all sorts of crazy.
Old 20th January 2021, 07:02 PM   #2983
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Location: Slightly Over The Hill, Not Too Far Around The Bend
Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
The massive crowds of protestors at each state capitol today is simply staggering. I'm shocked, I tell you - shocked!
Look at the protest here in VT! (dude has an issue with AT&T over a $130 bill for something or other)
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 07:52 PM   #2984
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

OVAH!!!

Quote:
Joe Biden’s inauguration on Wednesday marks not only the historic beginning of a new presidency, but also, for countless Americans, the devastating end of a yearslong grift.

For believers of QAnon, the far-right conspiracy theory that holds Donald Trump as a deity-like figure secretly battling a “deep state” cabal of pedophiles who control the government, things weren’t supposed to go down this way. Month after month, year after year, they had been told by “Q,” the group’s shadowy online leader, and Q’s army of social media influencers, that a symbolic “storm” was coming. The mythology held that on Wednesday, at long last, the Bidens, Obamas and Clintons would be rounded up and executed for child sex trafficking, treason and other crimes. Trump, having finally conquered evil, would remain in power.

“WELCOME TO THE GRAND FINALE!!!” someone cheered in a 185,000-member Gab group. “Anyone else wanna puke with excitement?!?!?!” another person asked amid a rapid stream of messages coursing through a 34,000-member Telegram channel. Others salivated over the idea of decapitations and sexual violence against prominent Democrats. Several messages were too grotesque to publish.

“Well this popcorn just got cold,” one QAnon supporter wrote. “When do the arrests start??” another questioned. Still, they continued clinging to hope while counting down the minutes until their long-awaited “great awakening.”

But as noon arrived, and a grinning Biden placed his hand on a Bible to be sworn in as the 46th president of the United States, reality came crashing down.

“I can’t stop crying. ****. Why?” one person pleaded. “It’s over,” another conceded. Some wondered how they could possibly mend their broken relationships with the loved ones they’d pushed away over their obsessions with Q.

Like a flipped switch, the attitude inside online QAnon communities shifted from glee to shock and misery: “NOTHING ******* HAPPENED!!!”; “So now we have proof Q was total ********”; “I feel sick, disgusted and disappointed”; “Have we been duped???”; “You played us all”; “HOW COULD WE BELIEVE THIS FOR SO LONG? ARE WE ALL IDIOTS?”
Why yes, yes you are.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

OVAH!!!
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 08:03 PM   #2985
eerok
Quixoticist

I think the Schadenfreude of QAnon heads exploding will offer its gifts for some time to come. Here's some more.

'No plan, no Q, nothing': QAnon followers reel as Biden inaugurated [reuters.com]
Quote:
For three years, adherents of the sprawling QAnon conspiracy theory awaited a so-called Great Awakening, scouring anonymous web postings from a shadowy “Q” figure and parsing statements by former U.S. President Donald Trump, whom they believed to be their champion.

On Wednesday, they grappled with a harsh reality check: Trump had left office with no mass arrests or other victories against the supposed cabal of Satan-worshipping pedophile cannibal elites, especially Democrats, he was ostensibly fighting.

Instead, Democratic President Joseph Biden was calmly sworn into office, leaving legions of QAnon faithful struggling to make sense of what had transpired.
Old 20th January 2021, 08:48 PM   #2986
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marting View Post
Oh yeah. And Facilitated Communication followed along a bit later. There are still true believers. What a mess that was. Seems us humans get wrapped up in all sorts of crazy.
The FC believers are desperate parents caught in an unimaginable nightmare, looking for any twig of hope to hold onto. I don't blame them.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 09:10 PM   #2987
Matthew Ellard
Suspended

I think the USA authorities have a little bit more work to do on Qanon.

Although the conspiracy spreading is over, now starts the hunting down of Jim Watkins AKA "Q", who is probably still back in the USA after returning in late 2019. (He possibly is legally prevented from returning to the Philippines)

At face value Watkins was probably spreading stories about paedophiles, as his son Ron's business 4Chan distributed paedophile imagery and Jim Watkins live in the Philippines at the time on a farm. He probably simply hated the democrats as a personal thing.

However I think Jim Watkins needs to have a long chat with the FBI to determine if anyone else or any other organisation was pushing him in one direction or the other.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th January 2021, 09:45 PM   #2988
Checkmite

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I think the Schadenfreude of QAnon heads exploding will offer its gifts for some time to come. Here's some more.
Here, have even more:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2021-01-20 225345.jpg (86.2 KB, 82 views)
Old 21st January 2021, 04:43 AM   #2989
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
As 'trust the plan' has clearly failed them, perhaps we should call Q diehards 'No Planners'.
Old 21st January 2021, 04:59 AM   #2990
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

There were tweet threads on this, asking who the 'Chinese Agent' was and why he was following Biden around.

The conclusion was that he is Biden's Chinese Govt 'handler' who keeps him 'in line'
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2021, 05:14 AM   #2991
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
What clip? Which "liberals" are claiming this? Where is Clinton claiming Putin orchestrated the MAGA riot? Do you think it's ridiculous to believe Trump, Putin and Assange were in cahoots together in 2016? I don't.
Quote:
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Monday that she wants to see if President Trump “was talking to” Russian President Vladimir Putin on “the day that insurgents invaded our Capitol.”

Clinton told Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on the former senator's podcast “You and Me Both” that she hopes to see Trump’s phone records to determine if he spoke with Putin on Jan. 6, the day a mob of his supporters raided the Capitol in deadly riots.
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...g-to-putin-the

This is the kind of wild, unhinged speculation that I hope the libs don't fall for. It's absurd.
Old 21st January 2021, 05:32 AM   #2992
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

The current Q crisis really puts how much this movement was always a MAGA, pro-Trump movement in stark relief.

4 years of nothing happening and failed predictions, and the movement only grew stronger. The only thing that actually shattered the illusion for these people was the failure of Trump to retain power. For all the talk about saving the children and defeating the cabal, at the end of the day, it was just about Trump.

Q anon is the mysticism wing of the modern American fascist movement.
Old 21st January 2021, 05:47 AM   #2993
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Q anon is the mysticism wing of the modern American fascist movement.
the ThQule Society?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2021, 08:12 AM   #2994
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

The current Q crisis really puts how much this movement was always a MAGA, pro-Trump movement in stark relief.
It's how the Republicans have been winning voters for decades: show them a devil to fear, and promise them a savior. It's just religion all over again. This time, the savior they chose turned out to be the devil in an orangutan costume. Everyone loses.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2021, 08:41 AM   #2995
Reformed Offlian
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
It's how the Republicans have been winning voters for decades: show them a devil to fear, and promise them a savior. It's just religion all over again. This time, the savior they chose turned out to be the devil in an orangutan costume. Everyone loses.
Especially the poor orangutan.
Reformed Offlian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2021, 10:20 AM   #2996
Dragon
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
There were tweet threads on this, asking who the 'Chinese Agent' was and why he was following Biden around.

The conclusion was that he is Biden's Chinese Govt 'handler' who keeps him 'in line'
I've seen that from the Freepers too - I'm not sure if you have to be stupid to be racist but I'm sure the stupidity helps.
Old 21st January 2021, 11:09 AM   #2997
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

Nailed it! Perfect.
Old 21st January 2021, 11:51 AM   #2998
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

So to sum things up:

No unsealed indictments.

No frogmarching.

No Gitmo.

No OBAMAGATE!

No mass arrests of celeb pedevores. (Tom Hanks at the inaugural must've had them swooning)

No Kraken.

No martial law.

No arrest of President Biden, et al, at the inaugural

Just a troll named Q continually gulling the credulous.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Last edited by Resume; 21st January 2021 at 11:54 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st January 2021, 11:57 AM   #2999
Checkmite

March 5th is the new day when everyone will be arrested and Trump will resume his presidency, apparently.
Old 21st January 2021, 11:59 AM   #3000
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...g-to-putin-the

This is the kind of wild, unhinged speculation that I hope the libs don't fall for. It's absurd.
Absurd is as absurd does. I guess we could just look at the logs. Are they privileged in some way?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories