IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 12th May 2019, 11:16 AM   #41
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Chickens.

You're unaware of Australian slang, because Australia doesn't exist.

Emus are actually native to a small island east of Nauru.
Old 12th May 2019, 11:51 AM   #42
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Originally Posted by bknight View Post
And they are?
Gallus gallus domesticus
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2019, 11:57 AM   #43
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Okay, I guess.
But... who brings the spanner?

The 'Roo. So he can put a crack in the driver's side window costing you more money. That's what you get for leaving your car on a jack overnight!
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2019, 12:53 PM   #44
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
Gallus gallus domesticus
Ah chickens for all, including myself, that didn't know that.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2019, 01:15 PM   #45
Elagabalus
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Damien Evans View Post
Gallus gallus domesticus

I thought it was Womus womus wombaticus.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2019, 01:44 PM   #46
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
I thought it was Womus womus wombaticus.
Danger Will Robinson.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2019, 10:35 PM   #47
Axxman300
Illuminator

What if Australia is real, and the rest of the world is an Australian hallucination?
Old 12th May 2019, 10:38 PM   #48
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
What if Australia is real, and the rest of the world is an Australian hallucination?
The drugs are no good...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2019, 01:46 AM   #49
Isaac Zac
Student

How many flat earthers are there in the United States? I've never heard of one in my entire life, but I live in Germany.
Isaac Zac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2019, 04:44 AM   #50
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by HeadOverH33ls View Post
How many flat earthers are there in the United States? I've never heard of one in my entire life, but I live in Germany.
Far too many I'm afraid.
Old 19th May 2019, 11:45 AM   #51
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Thank god Australia's a myth or we'd have another dirty conservative christian Prime Minister in the world today.
Old 19th May 2019, 12:07 PM   #52
Pope130
Illuminator

I have it on the authority of one with a dizzying intellect that the OP is true:

Vizzini: "Not remotely! Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows! And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th May 2019, 12:18 PM   #53
bknight
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Pope130 View Post
I have it on the authority of one with a dizzying intellect that the OP is true:

Vizzini: "Not remotely! Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows! And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."
Now I had to look that up.
Old 19th May 2019, 02:38 PM   #54
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Thank god Australia's a myth or we'd have another dirty conservative christian Prime Minister in the world today.
I only hope our new PM, Bill Shorten, does a good job.

I am an Australian. What is reality?
Old 20th May 2019, 01:34 PM   #55
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Time to break out the jokes about Australia's founding......

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th May 2019, 03:12 PM   #56
slowsmile
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
That's not what it looked to me like the kangaroo was doing to the car.

Dave
Looks like our Antipodean cousins have finally moved on from "tie me kangaroo down sport".
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th May 2019, 05:28 PM   #57
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Time to break out the jokes about Australia's founding......
It was found centuries before it was founded.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2019, 01:38 AM   #58
Information Analyst
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
The ridiculous animals should have been a give away.
They're even brainwashing our kids - it's a disgrace!!!

Last edited by Information Analyst; 22nd May 2019 at 01:42 AM.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd May 2019, 02:05 AM   #59
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
They're even brainwashing our kids - it's a disgrace!!!

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...50b5927c89.jpg
Corn and not shrimp. Need a consistent story.
Sideroxylon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories