IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags laptops

Old 21st February 2008, 03:47 PM   #1
AgeGap
Master Poster

Laptop without Hard Drive

A while back somebody posted about building a computer without a hard drive. I the time I thought it was a long way off due to the prohibitive cost of flash memory. Sorry if you have all seen it but I thought this was pretty cool. It is the ASUS Eee PCWP.
AgeGap is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Sickly Crypsis
Scholar

I did read up on that very PC a few months back and recently saw in a catalogue either that very model or one in the same vein.
I've been scrambling to find a link to the catalogue but cant find it so against everything we believe in you'll just have to take my word for it.

Its a great idea especially for younger school students, since it uses open office and linux you know they aren't just playing Warcraft on it.

Its like the upper market version of the "laptop for every child" concept.
Sickly Crypsis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2008, 06:54 PM   #3
Dogbreath
Scholar

Thumbs up eeepc

I bought an eeepc when they first came out. I wanted a small computer that would fit in a motorcycle saddlebag. It needed to fit and not be destroyed from the vibration. It takes a little to get used to the keyboard and not fat finger everything. I use this site http://www.eeeuser.com/ for information. I plan to use my eeepc shortly and take it with me on a business trip along with a computer from work. Carrying 2 full size laptops does not sound fun for my shoulders.
Dogbreath is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Computers and the Internet