IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 16th February 2014, 09:23 PM   #1
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

How deep is the rabbit hole?

How do we know conspiracy theorists aren't really apart of a conspiracy to try and divert us from what happened on 9/11 or the moon landings, etc...

How do we know they aren't disinfo agents working to take the heat off "them"?

Has anyone ever questioned who pays them? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Just asking questions

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.

Last edited by The Platypus; 16th February 2014 at 09:27 PM.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2014, 09:26 PM   #2
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker

It's rabbits all the way down.

Fred

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2014, 09:38 PM   #3
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

Why do they slander rabbits? What's really going on?

Always beware of those that overuse, capitalize and blanket themselves in them word "truth". I may not always know the truth, but i do know when i'm being lied too.
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2014, 11:00 PM   #4
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Platypus View Post
Why do they slander rabbits? What's really going on?
You really trust animals with perfectly spherical poop?
Old 16th February 2014, 11:19 PM   #5
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi

It's the ones with square poop you really gotta watch out for.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:18 PM   #6
patchbunny
Graduate Poster

What's all this about rabbits, bub?
"So, they laugh at my boner, will they? I'll show them! I'll show them how many boners the Joker can make!" -- The Joker, Batman #66
patchbunny is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2014, 11:40 PM   #7
Grashtel
Scholar

Originally Posted by nvidiot View Post
It's the ones with square poop you really gotta watch out for.
I wouldn't go that far, wombats are quite trustworthy.
Grashtel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2014, 12:10 AM   #8
nvidiot
Botanical Jedi

Originally Posted by Grashtel View Post
I wouldn't go that far, wombats are quite trustworthy.
That's what they want you to think. And then *BAM* they've blocked you in with a wall of square wombat poop.
Old 18th February 2014, 01:30 AM   #9
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

Rabbits are paid? Where do I sign up? I thought they just rambled on about how much money they had, etc.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2014, 01:32 AM   #10
Warmer1
Critical Thinker

How deep does the rabbit hole go?
The rabbit hole goes this deep (just jump through the videos to get an idea)

http://projectcamelotportal.com/comp...sion-mechanics

Quote:
Just asking questions
You are marked for termination.

Last edited by Warmer1; 18th February 2014 at 01:34 AM.
Warmer1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2014, 02:54 AM   #11
Kid Eager
Philosopher

We're not going down a rabbit hole, we're in a Klein bottle, and that's the bit we haven't yet realized....
Old 18th February 2014, 03:07 PM   #12
blutoski
Penultimate Amazing

I'm reminded of a joke from News Radio...

Joe: "They're hiding the alien bodies out at Area 52 man."

Dave: "You mean Area 51."

Joe: "That's what the government wants you to belive. Area 51 is a decoy."
Old 18th February 2014, 03:15 PM   #13
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

How do we know conspiracy theorists aren't really apart of a conspiracy to try and divert us from what happened on 9/11 or the moon landings, etc...

How do we know they aren't disinfo agents working to take the heat off "them"?

Has anyone ever questioned who pays them? How deep does the rabbit hole go?

Just asking questions
That's actually a pretty common claim among CTers about those promoting CTs they disagree with.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2014, 03:17 PM   #14
geni
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

Originally Posted by blutoski View Post
I'm reminded of a joke from News Radio...

Joe: "They're hiding the alien bodies out at Area 52 man."

Dave: "You mean Area 51."

Joe: "That's what the government wants you to belive. Area 51 is a decoy."
You do see versions of this argument. The one I'm most familiar with is that Area 51 used to be where the alien bodies were hidden but once people started to pay attention it became a decoy and the real activity was moved somewhere else.
geni is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2014, 07:00 PM   #15
BazBear
Possible Suspect

Originally Posted by geni View Post
You do see versions of this argument. The one I'm most familiar with is that Area 51 used to be where the alien bodies were hidden but once people started to pay attention it became a decoy and the real activity was moved somewhere else.
Well for once they have it right.

I have iron clad proof.

But I'll have to get back to you, I think Jay Utah just hacked my 'puter and deleted my videos!
BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2014, 06:39 AM   #16
intlman
Student

I've seen a lot more rabbits above ground than in holes. Strange.

(Conspiracy logic at work)
intlman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2014, 12:13 PM   #17
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

You ever read "Watership Down"? Rabbits are vicious, man.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2014, 05:45 AM   #18
Philosopher

I believe my copy either got lost or permanently confiscated.

Welp, to the Kindle store.
000063 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2014, 04:33 PM   #19
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
Herbivores often are.
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th February 2014, 05:55 PM   #20
slowsmile
Critical Thinker

They dug through into the snake pit and the rats nest and couldn't tell the difference.
slowsmile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2014, 07:10 AM   #21
norumaru
New Blood

rabbit

Bohemian Grove

I think we've got something here.
norumaru is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2014, 07:49 AM   #22
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

When you get to the bunnies with pancakes on their heads, then you know that you are at least half-way to the bottom of the rabbit hole.

Either that, or you made a wrong turn at Alberqure.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2014, 10:30 AM   #23
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
When you get to the bunnies with pancakes on their heads, then you know that you are at least half-way to the bottom of the rabbit hole.

Definitely a wrong turn there.

Albuquerque

Or as Bugs would say Albyqurky.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2014, 12:34 PM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Careful,that Rabbit is Dynamite!
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:13 AM   #25
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by aggle-rithm View Post
No, but I have seen "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", so I think I have an idea of how vicious rabbits are. Since I don't have a Holy Hand Grenade, I'm not messing with any rabbits.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:44 AM   #26
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

How deep does the rabbit hole go?
That depends. If it's an actual rabbit hole, they should have reached China before now.

If it's a wormhole, it likely goes through several universes.
Old 3rd March 2014, 11:50 PM   #27
Playing Games
Thinker

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post

Those wascaly wabbits!
Playing Games is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th March 2014, 12:00 AM   #28
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by Kid Eager View Post
We're not going down a rabbit hole, we're in a Klein bottle, and that's the bit we haven't yet realized....
You mean we're outside a Klein bottle.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories