IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 25th September 2010, 08:17 AM   #41
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

What I did was prove that they were celebrating. It's not BS. It's not a conspiracy theory that Israelis were happy that Americans were killed on 9/11. You just won't find me apologizing for their behavior like 911MYTHS and some here.

The Mossad? I made no such claims. I'll leave such claims as that to US intelligence sources and the Jewish paper the Forward.
Sivan Kurzberg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 08:22 AM   #42
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sivan Kurzberg View Post
What I did was prove that they were celebrating.
No, actually, you did not.

It's not a conspiracy theory that Israelis were happy that Americans were killed on 9/11.
Not a "conspiracy theory", no. It's a flat out lie. There is no record anywhere of any Israeli expressing joy or happiness at the deaths of innocent Americans on 9/11.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 08:35 AM   #43
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
No, actually, you did not.

Not a "conspiracy theory", no. It's a flat out lie. There is no record anywhere of any Israeli expressing joy or happiness at the deaths of innocent Americans on 9/11.
There are multiple sources that they were celebrating. I provided their own lawyer as one of those sources. It is well documented. It is lying to say that they weren't.
Sivan Kurzberg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 08:42 AM   #44
Skwinty
Philosopher

I suppose a lot of people expressed lots of different emotions on 9/11.

I remember driving home from work when the news broke and my initial response was, "****, some one is dropping bombs on the USA for a change."

What is reality? Nothing but a collective hunch.
--Lily Tomlin
Skwinty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 08:58 AM   #45
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

There are multiple sources that they were celebrating.
No, there aren't. Just a bunch of various stories repeating the original report. There's virtually no actual proof that these guys were celebrating.

I provided their own lawyer as one of those sources.
You provided a story quoting the lawyer saying the the FBI says the photograph exists. But no one says they actually saw it.

You can't seem to cough up the photo yourself, either.

And there's still no record of any Israeli expressing joy or happiness at the deaths of innocent Americans.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 09:10 AM   #46
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

No, there aren't. Just a bunch of various stories repeating the original report. There's virtually no actual proof that these guys were celebrating.

You provided a story quoting the lawyer saying the the FBI says the photograph exists. But no one says they actually saw it.

You can't seem to cough up the photo yourself, either.

And there's still no record of any Israeli expressing joy or happiness at the deaths of innocent Americans.
Triforcharity I hope you are reading posts like this from Sword of Truth. What did I tell you? There are people in the world who claim to be our friends, but think it's a good thing when we are killed. It makes them happy. And for some reason there are plenty around this place who will go to great lengths to make excuses for that kind of behavior. Ever wonder why?

Last edited by Sivan Kurzberg; 25th September 2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 25th September 2010, 09:39 AM   #47
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

There are people in the world who claim to be our friends, but think it's a good thing when we are killed. It makes them happy.
Got proof?

There certainly wasn't any jews or Israelis who did this.

And for some reason there are plenty around this place who will go to great lengths to make excuses for that kind of behavior.
There's only one proven incident where people danced and celebrated the 9/11 attacks. And I've made my disgust and revulsion at this behavior clear.

You are lying when you say otherwise.
Old 25th September 2010, 10:50 AM   #48
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skwinty View Post
I remember driving home from work when the news broke and my initial response was, "****, some one is dropping bombs on the USA for a change."
And that ~IS~ disgusting.
Old 25th September 2010, 12:36 PM   #49
Thunder
Banned

What I did was prove that they were celebrating. It's not BS.
you have proved nothing of the sort. you have proven that they are dicks, jerks, and ********.

but you have not proven that they were happy to see Americans dieing.

there are NO videos of Israelis dancing in the streets, celebrating 9-11.

there are NO witness accounts of Israelis celebrating 9-11.

Hundreds of American Jews died on 9-11. No doubt some of them had relatives in Israel.

Last edited by LashL; 25th September 2010 at 03:26 PM.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 12:39 PM   #50
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
you have proved nothing of the sort. you have proven that they are dicks, jerks, and ********.
Where did he even prove that?

Last edited by LashL; 25th September 2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: To properly mask profanity in quote.
Old 25th September 2010, 02:13 PM   #51
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

Yeah they are.

Quote:
but you have not proven that they were happy to see Americans dieing.
Sure I did. Anyone who knows the story knows this to be true.

Quote:
there are NO videos of Israelis dancing in the streets, celebrating 9-11.
Sure there is. Just ask their lawyer and the East Rutherford police.

Quote:
there are NO witness accounts of Israelis celebrating 9-11.
Oh yeah there is. I believe one of their names was Maria. The other people who saw the video and pictures were the East Rutherford police. The police even said that they looked like they were connected to the attacks. I'll tell ya one thing. They weren't held for over two months for nothing.

Quote:
Hundreds of American Jews died on 9-11. No doubt some of them had relatives in Israel.
So?

Let me ask you something. What do you think they were doing when they took a picture of the smoldering WTC with a lighter burning in the foreground? Waiting for someone to play Free-bird? Give it up.

Last edited by LashL; 25th September 2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: To properly mask profanity in quote.
Old 25th September 2010, 02:17 PM   #52
Thunder
Banned

provide evidence. this is what we do at JREF.

there is no evidence of Jews dancing in East Rutherford, or anywhere else, celebrating 9-11.

if there is, present it. otherwise your claims are baseless. Just like those of Holocaust deniers.
Thunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 02:31 PM   #53
AaronMic22
Critical Thinker

Yeah they are.

Oh yeah there is. I believe one of their names was Maria. The other people who saw the video and pictures were the East Rutherford police. The police even said that they looked like they were connected to the attacks. I'll tell ya one thing. They weren't held for over two months for nothing.

So?

Let me ask you something. What do you think they were doing when they took a picture of the smoldering WTC with a lighter burning in the foreground? Waiting for someone to play Free-bird? Give it up.
Wait a minute. Why haven't you posted any links to sources in this thread yet?
AaronMic22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 03:14 PM   #54
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by AaronMHatch View Post
Wait a minute. Why haven't you posted any links to sources in this thread yet?
9-11 Truthers don't have to provide sources for their claims.

Didn't you get the memo from Lumberg?

Old 25th September 2010, 03:22 PM   #55
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

9-11 Truthers don't have to provide sources for their claims.
Oh but I did Thunder. Did you forget? In fact you got real quiet after I did and the best you could come up with later on is "you have proven that they are dicks, jerks, and ********. "

Here it is again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/11/21/us...detention.html

"The five aroused attention in New Jersey after people noticed them going to unusual lengths to photograph the World Trade Center ruins and making light of the situation. One photograph developed by the F.B.I. showed Sivan Kurzberg holding a lighted lighter in the foreground, with the smoldering wreckage in the background, said Steven Noah Gordon, a lawyer for the five."

Last edited by LashL; 25th September 2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: To properly mask profanity in quote
Old 25th September 2010, 03:31 PM   #56
Thunder
Banned

Oh yeah there is. I believe one of their names was Maria. The other people who saw the video and pictures were the East Rutherford police. The police even said that they looked like they were connected to the attacks.
yeah, day of 9-11. they were taking video of the attacks. we were all full of fear that day, and folks taking video may have looked like they were "connected" to the attacks, even though there was no evidence of such.

lots of folks took pictures and videos of the attacks. none of them were connected.

but these guys were Jews, and Israelis. So in the minds of Neo-Nazis anti-Semites, they MUST have been involved!!!

Old 25th September 2010, 03:32 PM   #57
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

so your article pretty much works as proof for what Parky said, that they were idiots asswipes.

Where is the proof that they, or anyone they were involved with, helped plan or knew before hand, of the attacks?

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 03:36 PM   #58
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sivan Kurzberg
What do you think they were doing when they took a picture of the smoldering WTC with a lighter burning in the foreground? Waiting for someone to play Free-bird?
False. Did not happen. No such photograph exists.

This is typical 9/11 trutherism here. If a 140 ton jetliner slams into the pentagon and thousands of fragments of fueselage, engine components, seat cushions, landing gear and human remains matching both the passengers and crew from the manifest and the terrorists, then to the twoofers there was no plane unless we can provide ultra-high def, 3D IMAX footage.

But a 3rd-hand story of a jew possibly acting like a jerk (Parkys confusion aside, there's no evidence they were even doing that) is treated like Holy Scripture.

Nice double-standard there, tinfoilers.

Originally Posted by Sivan Kurzberg' false accuser
Here it is again.

"The five aroused attention in New Jersey after people noticed them going to unusual lengths to photograph the World Trade Center ruins and making light of the situation. One photograph developed by the F.B.I. showed Sivan Kurzberg holding a lighted lighter in the foreground, with the smoldering wreckage in the background, said Steven Noah Gordon, a lawyer for the five."
you forgot to include the photograph.
Old 25th September 2010, 03:37 PM   #59
Thunder
Banned

Sivan- what is the evidence that these guys had foreknowledge of the attacks, or were involved in the attacks?
Old 25th September 2010, 03:38 PM   #60
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

Oh but I did Thunder. Did you forget? In fact you got real quiet after I did and the best you could come up with later on is "you have proven that they are dicks, jerks, and ********. "

Here it is again.

I'm not sure your artistic rendition of this event matches the description. I think I'll wait to pass judgement until I see the actual photo.

If you think this a despicable act by a despicable person why have you taken this person's name and aped his behavior?

Last edited by Reactor drone; 25th September 2010 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 03:44 PM   #61
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Reactor drone View Post
I'm not sure your artistic rendition of this event matches the description. I think I'll wait to pass judgement until I see the actual photo.

If you think this a despicable act by a despicable person why have you taken this person's name and aped his behavior?
His posting behavior, content, and tone would indicate he is not a fan of the race from which Mr. Kurzberg comes. He has posted in the Jon Stewart thread, but repeatedly calls him by his abandoned jewish name.

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 03:47 PM   #62
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
so your article pretty much works as proof for what Parky said, that they were idiots asswipes.
With respect, TAM, the article doesn't even prove that. We have 2nd or 3rd hand testimony that they were doing... "something"... what it was we, don't know.

"Maria" as quoted by our friend here, was never close enough to hear their conversation. No one knows that they were celebrating. No one knows what they were celebrating if they were.

There is, in fact, every reason to assume they were celebrating the imminent ass-kicking the islamic radicals that plagued their home country were about to recieve.
Old 25th September 2010, 04:02 PM   #63
Thunder
Banned

where is the photo?

where is the eye-witness account of "Maria"?
Old 25th September 2010, 04:10 PM   #64
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

With respect, TAM, the article doesn't even prove that. We have 2nd or 3rd hand testimony that they were doing... "something"... what it was we, don't know.

"Maria" as quoted by our friend here, was never close enough to hear their conversation. No one knows that they were celebrating. No one knows what they were celebrating if they were.

There is, in fact, every reason to assume they were celebrating the imminent ass-kicking the islamic radicals that plagued their home country were about to recieve.
Well the New York Times is a decently reliable news source, so I was assuming they would do their research before reporting what they did...but you are write, it is not a primary source.

As for the celebrating...I doubt, at the time, that they knew who was behind the attacks, though I am sure they had their suspicions.

TAM

Last edited by T.A.M.; 25th September 2010 at 04:11 PM.
Old 25th September 2010, 04:31 PM   #65
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.911myths.com/html/dancing_israelis.html
Old 25th September 2010, 05:52 PM   #66
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

where is the photo?

The East Rutherford police had the video and the camera and handed it over to the FBI. The FBI developed the infamous picture. They probably still have it unless they gave it back to the Israelis.

Maria is at the 4:10 mark in this video. Scott DeCarlo of the East Rutherford police is at the 4:28 mark.

Mossad Truck Bombs on Sept 11
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I never said they did the 9/11 attacks. Sivan (sometimes spelled Silvan) and his brother were investigated and thought by some US intelligence sources to be with the Mossad gathering information on funding to Hamas. If they had foreknowledge of the attacks it is thought that this is how. Those investigations and all of its findings have not been released publicly. The FBI has claimed they were not linked to the attacks. How and if the FBI really knows this... who knows?

What I said was they were celebrating and happy at the site of the 9/11 attacks. And I stand by it.

And don't be PMing me crap about the Holocaust. I never said anything about the Holocaust and I am not a denier of it.

Last edited by Sivan Kurzberg; 25th September 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 25th September 2010, 09:41 PM   #67
Skwinty
Philosopher

And that ~IS~ disgusting.
I suppose the thousands of tons of bombs that the USA dropped on civilians is some how ~NOT~ disgusting.

--Lily Tomlin
Skwinty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2010, 10:52 PM   #68
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose the thousands of tons of bombs that the USA dropped on civilians is some how ~NOT~ disgusting.
The United States does not deliberately target civilians as Al-Qeada does.

But that's beside the point. Our mystery guest claims that by not jumping on the anti-semitic bandwagon, that I am failing to display appropriate disdain for people celebrating American deaths. I called out your anti-american cheerleading to show our mystery guest this was not the case.

Last edited by Sword_Of_Truth; 25th September 2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 26th September 2010, 01:32 AM   #69
Skwinty
Philosopher

The United States does not deliberately target civilians as Al-Qeada does.

But that's beside the point. Our mystery guest claims that by not jumping on the anti-semitic bandwagon, that I am failing to display appropriate disdain for people celebrating American deaths. I called out your anti-american cheerleading to show our mystery guest this was not the case.
How does my initial reaction lead to "anti-american cheerleading".

As for deliberating targeting civilians in a bombing raid, please explain Dresden, Vietnam, Nagasaki and Hiroshima to name a few.

ETA: One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.

--Lily Tomlin

Last edited by Skwinty; 26th September 2010 at 01:37 AM.
Old 26th September 2010, 08:02 AM   #70
Thunder
Banned

Mossad Truck Bombs on Sept 11
proven to be non-existent. your research skills are shotty....or very selective.

no vans had any bombs, on 9-11.
Old 26th September 2010, 08:23 AM   #71
Sivan Kurzberg
Banned

proven to be non-existent. your research skills are shotty....or very selective.

You are the selective one. You asked for proof of Maria. I provided it. That was just the name of the video that contained her eyewitness testimony. You're welcome.
Old 26th September 2010, 08:43 AM   #72
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

How does my initial reaction lead to "anti-american cheerleading".

As for deliberating targeting civilians in a bombing raid, please explain Dresden, Vietnam, Nagasaki and Hiroshima to name a few.

ETA: One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.
I won't comment on Dresden or Vietnam, out of ignorance, but despite the large casualty count in the Japanese cities, It put a quick end to what might have been a long war, with many more casualties then that caused by the bombs themselves.

I hate nukes, but at that time, it may have actually saved lives overall.

TAM
Old 26th September 2010, 11:19 AM   #73
Skwinty
Philosopher

I won't comment on Dresden or Vietnam, out of ignorance, but despite the large casualty count in the Japanese cities, It put a quick end to what might have been a long war, with many more casualties then that caused by the bombs themselves.

TAM

Perhaps Author Richard Knell best summed up the tragic and immoral fire raids of Hamburg, Dresden and Tokyo when he wrote “One can say that the losses and destruction were unnecessary and do not represent a leaf of honor in the analysis of mankind. They cannot be excused. The best one can do so many years after the wars is to analyze and assess them, dispatch them to history, and hope and pray that they will never happen again.”

--Lily Tomlin
Old 26th September 2010, 11:32 AM   #74
BigAl
Philosopher

TAM
By the summer of 1945 the Japanese were killing thousands of people per week in China and Manchuria and beginning to kill all Allied POWs.

Just like we had the German codes cracked, we had cracked the Japanese codes. We knew that the Japanese were prepared for our invasion and the civilian population was just about out of food. If the war dragged on into the fall, there would have need mass starvation and no crops planted for next year. We had cargo ships full of rice standing off-shore waiting for the fighting to stop.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2010, 11:48 AM   #75
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Dresden was bombed by the British Royal Air Force as it was the site of a large rail yard and a major logistical center for the german military. In Vietnam, the majority of US bombing was out in the jungle on suspected locations of Viet Cong tunnel complexes, military targets. Hiroshima and Nagasaki held significant war factories and military assets and these were used as aiming points for the weapons used on them. As TAM pointed out, the low end of the casualty estimates from a conventional invasion of Japan was a minimum of ten times what the death toll at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

But all of this is beside the point. Our mystery poster* claims that I excuse people for being Jewish making asses of themselves while innocents burn. But that is not the case. Sqwinty's comment was offensive so I called him on it.

*I'm still not referring to our mystery poster by the name of the innocent man he has targeted out of racism.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:50 AM   #76
Bell
Penultimate Amazing

Dresden was bombed by the British Royal Air Force [...]
Both British and American bombers bombed Dresden.
Bell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th September 2010, 11:57 AM   #77
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Ah, my mistake.
Old 26th September 2010, 01:15 PM   #78
Thunder
Banned

Originally Posted by Bell View Post
good
Old 26th September 2010, 09:33 PM   #79
Fonebone
persona non grata

What exploded on KING st ?

That so ? What exploded on KING street ?
NYCPD Police radio traffic-09/11/2001
"WE have a van load of explosives - get the bomb squad over here"
"We have the two men under key"
"the van just exploded "
"KING street between 6th and 7th"

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th September 2010, 08:45 AM   #80
BigAl
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
That so ? What exploded on KING street ?
NYCPD Police radio traffic-09/11/2001
"WE have a van load of explosives - get the bomb squad over here"
"We have the two men under key"
"the van just exploded "
"KING street between 6th and 7th"

I AGREE
You've misquoted the police radio chatter. There were no bombs discovered on 9/11, just lost of false alarms.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories