IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor

Old 6th September 2011, 06:27 PM   #81
IdiotWhacker
Thinker

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
While a total scam, I particularly enjoyed the RFID Tags for US Armed Forces personnel that got it's brief moment in the sun from Alex Jones.
Someone pranked Alex Jones a guy who had a RFID stamp on his letter on a medical exam for his hearing this hoax has spread around like wildfire until Alex Jones started to talk about it. the hoaxer called into the Alex Jones show and he told Alex Jones " yeah i did said you guys are apparently right about one thing what i want to know is why did you work over something i made up" this is one of the reasons why Alex Jones never verifies his research*if its called research i would call it hypothesis research*.
IdiotWhacker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2011, 09:44 PM   #82
Gazpacho
Master Poster

Time Cube is a classic, but I think :PLENIPOTENTIARY-JUDGE: David-Wynn: Miller has taken the "WTF" category with his CORRECT-SENTENCE-STRUCTURES-COMMUNICATION-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR. He's the future of "sovereign citizenship", taking it to the level of kabbalah. And he has followers.

Last edited by Gazpacho; 6th September 2011 at 09:47 PM.
Gazpacho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th September 2011, 10:07 PM   #83
JCM
Muse

Originally Posted by Gazpacho View Post
Time Cube is a classic, but I think :PLENIPOTENTIARY-JUDGE: David-Wynn: Miller has taken the "WTF" category with his CORRECT-SENTENCE-STRUCTURES-COMMUNICATION-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR. He's the future of "sovereign citizenship", taking it to the level of kabbalah. And he has followers.
The "grammar" or lack of seems familiar. Is this tactic in a how to fake CT manual of some sort? All I am waiting for is Wynn to mention SWEADS.
Quote:
FOR THIS PLENIPOTENTIARY-JUDGE: David-Wynn: Miller's-KNOWLEDGE OF THESE CORRECT-SENTENCE-STRUCTURES-COMMUNICATION-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR=(C.-S.-S.-C.-P.-S.-G.) IS WITH THE CLAIMS BY THE QUANTUM-LANGUAGE-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR-NOW-TIME-WRITTEN-COMMUNICATION-FACTS.

FOR THE EDUCATIONAL-CORRECTIONS OF THESE MODIFYING-COMMUNICATIONS ARE WITH THESE CORRECTION-CLAIMS AGAINST THESE FICTIONAL-ADVERB-VERB-USAGE WITH AN OPERATIONAL-METHODS OF A FICTIONAL-MODIFICATION-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR.(8500-YEARS OF THE SYNTAX-MODIFICATIONS WITH EVERY LANGUAGE)

FOR THE NOUN = NO-NO OF THE INFORMATION(IN=NO, FORM=STRUCTURE, AT=LOCATION, ION=CONTRACT) WITH THE FICTION-WORDS ARE WITH AN AILING-(CORRUPTION FROM THE ORIGIN)-MEANING BY THE FICTIONAL, SIMULATION, ILLUTIONAL, PRESUMPTION, ASSUMPTION, GUESSING, PERJURY AND WITH THE LYING-VOLITION OF A FACT.
Below gov generated fake CT.

Last edited by JCM; 6th September 2011 at 10:12 PM.
JCM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2011, 01:04 AM   #84
Sawbones79
Critical Thinker

A local one, though still really funny, regards the re-introduction of wolves into the swedish fauna. A small minority of swedish rural inhabitants house a pathological fear of wolves (mainly hunters worrying about the moose population). When wolves reappeared in Sweden in the nineties (migrating mainly from Russia through Finland) a rumour quickly spread that these were zoo animals, released in secrets from unmarked trucks by the authority of enviromental protection.
Now, as any inbred, back-country retard (yes, I'm from those areas and allowed to say that) knows, wolves are incredibly dangerous and actually a real threat to the stability of our entire nation (if huge packs of slavering wolves don't kill us all, starvation from not having a humungous moose population to feed on will).
Now, who would want to damage Sweden in such peril? Why, the Russians of course!
And out comes the eywitness stories about Russian soldiers (in full uniform, of course) being spotted releasing wolves into the wild, often backed out by findings of discarded cans of russian army rations and so on.
So, all in all, a typical CT on all points:
-Believed by an uneducated minority convinced of being an important majority.
-Perepetrated bya shadowy elite (or foreign interests).
-Highly fitted to the desire of said minority (to shoot anything that moves on four legs).
-Completely hilarious and yet dangerous.
Sawbones79 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th September 2011, 12:05 PM   #85
Bitsko
Scholar

For me, the funniest CT is the one about NASA hiring Stanley Kubrick to film the Apollo 11 mission. I have no idea who filmed the other lunar missions, but I suspect Ingmar Bergman had much to do with Apollo 14, mainly because of his well-known obsessions with humanity's inability to truly comprehend its place in the universe and for obtaining the perfect golf swing in a near vacuum.

A lesser known CT involving Kubrick was his film "Full Metal Jacket," which was secretly sponsored by Burlington Coat Factory to boost sales of their inordinately heavy Tungsten Wear brand, the failure of which ultimately bankrupted the company.

Last edited by Bitsko; 7th September 2011 at 01:19 PM.
Bitsko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 03:22 PM   #86
Criswell
Student

Originally Posted by Brown View Post
I've studied a lot of nutty JFK scenarios, but the one that made me laugh out loud was the one that suggested that government forces had deliberately placed the Stemmons Freeway sign for the purpose of blocking the view of Zapruder's camera at a critical moment.
Giving that theory a run for its money are those who think the Zapruder film was faked to frame Oswald and my personal favorite, the theory that John F. Kennedy is still alive. Reclaiming History by Vincent Bugliosi has a great list of everyone accused of killing JFK. The list includes Mossad (natch), the Anti-Defamation League, the Catholic Church, the Department of Agriculture, the American Council of Christian Churches, the Teamsters, and, of course, Martians.

Originally Posted by Porkpie Hat View Post
I think the funniest one is how the ebil US gub'ment and big pharma created AIDs, Ebola, H1N1 and a whole host of other diseases to reduce world population.

Especially when the population of the world is growing exponentially.
I would've thought condoms, abortion funding, and sex education would be a more efficient, simple, and cost effective way to reduce the population, but I guess that's why I'm not cut out for a position in the NWO.

As entertaining as I find all of the above, David-Wynn: Miller wins by a long shot. I'm new here and I'm not an expert on sovereign citizens, so I don't know if he fits with the FOTL, but if we're doing a poll, my vote goes to whatever group that guy is in.
Criswell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 03:31 PM   #87
dc1971
Banned

Originally Posted by Alferd_Packer View Post
I don't even get the premise of this conspiracy??
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 06:34 PM   #88
Gazpacho
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dc1971 View Post
- Time is cubic, not linear.
- There are four simultaneous 24-hour days in one rotation of earth.
- God is a word representing one-ness.

Get it?

Last edited by Gazpacho; 13th September 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Gazpacho is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 08:30 PM   #89
Howie Felterbush
Bow Tie Daddy

Two weeks ago I would have been firmly on the side of the Reptoids, but I have read most of the FOTL threads lately, and that nonsense just takes the cake.
"...wing collars are like an ocular violation."-TubbaBlubba
Howie Felterbush is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th September 2011, 10:12 PM   #90
Gazpacho
Master Poster

Limiting the question to people who can put an English sentence to gether, I've found the "accepted for value" conspiracy theory especially insane, although not exactly funny or entertaining. It's kind of sad, really, to see people who are quite deep in debt tell themselves escapist fairy tales, knowing that they're in for a real bruising in the long run.

For those who aren't familiar with it, this is yet another offshoot of sovereign citizenship. The idea is that whenever someone notifies you of a debt, you can write "Accepted for value" on the notice and mail it back to the sender, and this will cause your debt to be paid from your secret "strawman account" that was created under your all-caps name per the 1933 Banking Act. Somehow.

Last edited by Gazpacho; 13th September 2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 14th September 2011, 12:01 PM   #91
Alferd_Packer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dc1971 View Post
There is no premise. It's pure unadulturated insanity
Old 14th September 2011, 05:28 PM   #92
MikeSun5
Trigger Happy Pacifist,

Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
I would've thought condoms, abortion funding, and sex education would be a more efficient, simple, and cost effective way to reduce the population, but I guess that's why I'm not cut out for a position in the NWO.
Clearly. The methods you mentioned may cost-effectively reduce the population in the US, but only AIDS and Ebola work in Africa. Welcome to the JREF, btw.

I'm with you, man. How could anyone NOT understand that?
I always wondered if those WWJD bracelets worked, so I bought one. Well later, I was on a plane and this little kid was kicking my seat repeatedly, while his sister sang along with her walkman and their mother just sat there. I almost turned around and went off, and then I caught sight of my bracelet. What would Jesus do? So I lit them on fire and sent them all to Hell.
--Daniel Tosh
MikeSun5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2011, 08:42 AM   #93
dc1971
Banned

What is the Funniest or Most Entertaining conspiracy theory to me?

That it takes only 3 licks to get to the tootsie roll center of a Tootsie Pop!

LOL!
dc1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th September 2011, 09:23 AM   #94
SKEPTICALSHAM
Scholar

Originally Posted by Minadin View Post
I was thinking about this recently. Flat-earthers, as stupid as they are, make me sad. 9-11 nut-balls make me angry.

But, chem-trails adherents honestly make me laugh out loud. I just don't understand how people could believe that nonsense.

So anyway, what's the most entertaining CT for you? Nibiru? Young Earth Creationists? People who think Lord of the Rings is real?
The most entertaining are the ones that have come in the age of Obama
Birthers became a majority of the GOP. Also the belief that Obama is a Muslim.
SKEPTICALSHAM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2011, 01:43 AM   #95
krad5
New Blood

Adolf Hitler still lives (as a clone maybe) in an Area in the antarctic called "Neuschwabenland" (some conspiracy theorists might claim on the moon) and with a gigantic UFO-flotilla (the so called "Reichsflugscheiben") he will come back some day and the Nazis then will conquer the world for their final victory.

krad5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th September 2011, 03:41 PM   #96
djlunacee
Muse

Wow! Just wow.
djlunacee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2011, 03:23 PM   #97
hokie
Scholar

There is a movie being made called IronSky based on the idea of Moon Nazies Uber Alles.

It can be found at IronSky.net
hokie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2011, 07:06 PM   #98
Thinker

Originally Posted by djlunacee View Post
Wow! Just wow.
There's a second page as well.
100 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2011, 10:18 PM   #99
MikeSun5
Trigger Happy Pacifist,

Originally Posted by 100 View Post
There's a second page as well.
Holy crap, that is amazing. If you're into crazy, you'll get a nice headrush from that page. Example:

Originally Posted by TimeCube
Educators are"damn liars",and most evil
of all animals. They do not deny the charge
of being evil word bastards.
I removed the extra large red font for your benefit.
I always wondered if those WWJD bracelets worked, so I bought one. Well later, I was on a plane and this little kid was kicking my seat repeatedly, while his sister sang along with her walkman and their mother just sat there. I almost turned around and went off, and then I caught sight of my bracelet. What would Jesus do? So I lit them on fire and sent them all to Hell.
--Daniel Tosh
MikeSun5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2011, 12:28 PM   #100
Border Reiver
Philosopher

That page hurt.
Border Reiver is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2011, 05:56 PM   #101
GT/CS
Illuminator

The world was a much better place before the internet gave crazies a forum.
Old 3rd October 2011, 03:05 AM   #102
ComfySlippers
Banned

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
The world was a much better place before the internet gave crazies a forum.
As wonderfull as the internet and WWW are they have one serious downfall:

People who have been born with damaged internal BS Detectors are easy prey for internet con-men, fraudsters and peddlers of nonsense.

Whilst the majority of the rubbish that these gullible people fall for is relatively harmless, some of it costs them dearly either financially or in losing their freedom.

FOTL-Waffle is a good example of a con/myth which, for the most part, is so ludicrously rubbish that it is hilarious. However FOTL-Waffle has also had dire consequences for some of its deluded followers, either them being conned out of money to "learn the magic words", by having relatively small Court fines increased or being sent to Prison / Psychiatric units.

FOTL-Waffle includes all the variations of the same scam including Redemption Movements, Sovereign Citizens etc. plus all the illegitimate child-scams of those movements such as A4V, Birth Certificate Bonds, NESARA etc.

ETA: Oh.... The funniest CT? ..."Chemtrails"
"Chemtrails" must surely win the award for "Most hastily made up CT without thinking how silly it is" award.

Last edited by ComfySlippers; 3rd October 2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Missed out the important bit
ComfySlippers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2011, 05:44 AM   #103
ComfySlippers
Banned

^
Watch this and tell me it isn't hilarious:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Here

Last edited by ComfySlippers; 3rd October 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: youtube thingy not working
ComfySlippers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2011, 09:17 AM   #104
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

There is no premise. It's pure unadulturated insanity
You're clearly just another educated-stupid evil bastard who does not know the Cubic truth.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:09 AM   #105
hokie
Scholar

The chemtrails and rainbow conspiracy are probably part of the same package.

Nut with a lawn sprinkler

Last edited by hokie; 3rd October 2011 at 10:11 AM.
hokie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2011, 02:52 PM   #106
ComfySlippers
Banned

Originally Posted by hokie View Post
The chemtrails and rainbow conspiracy are probably part of the same package.

Quote:
We as a nation have got to ask what the hell is going on.
...Or go to school?

Can you imagine our descendants discovering The University of YouTube and viewing that video? ... "Seems Darwen was wrong, our ancestors still hadn't evolved from apes even by the twenty-first century!"
Old 4th October 2011, 11:17 PM   #107
IdiotWhacker
Thinker

Originally Posted by ComfySlippers View Post
^

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Here
I just wonder if the chem trailer believers believe this why don't they use a gas mask? well the rainbow conspiracy is a funny one,but mines a bit crazy.
IdiotWhacker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2011, 11:27 PM   #108
Minadin
Master Poster

Get it?
In a word: No. In two words: Thankfully, No.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2011, 11:31 PM   #109
Minadin
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ComfySlippers View Post
^

I AGREE

Here
"I was just over here the other day and I did not see this" <points to clouds>

LMAO.
Minadin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2011, 11:37 AM   #110
minnemouse
Critical Thinker

A few years ago I stumbled upon a television show that dealt with CTs, one of the CTs that they showed, was that the Soccer world championship in fact didn´t take place in 1958 in Stockholm, Sweden, even though it did. I heard that someone said it was a joke and a way to show how easily people are fooled by CT`s. I did a quick search just now and there actually exist a site that claims the CT to be true. I am not sure if its still a joke of if someone actually believes it and has just continued to build this CT up. To me its hilarious that someone thinks that Sweden was making the WC up, but they dont really have an explanation to why the swedish government would have done such a thing! :lol:

The site is named konspiration58.com, unfortunately its only in swedish, though.

I think this CT is in the same class as the one about Elvis being alive and weighing 1000 pounds... hehehehe.
minnemouse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2011, 12:23 PM   #111
Greedo
Too weird to live, too rare to die

The contents of this thread.
Old 5th October 2011, 08:34 PM   #112
Checkmite

Originally Posted by Greedo View Post
The contents of this thread.
I was becoming curious about why that thread was getting so lengthy, but a nagging low-key dread kept me from reading it to find out. In a way I'm disappointed because that's quite an amazing CT.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th October 2011, 09:25 PM   #113
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Nothing will ever beat Stephen King being the one that shot John Lennon.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2011, 10:50 AM   #114
8den
Graduate Poster

I'll see that and raise you the very odd, and now defunct website that claimed Tonya Harding killed JFK.

Impressive if you consider Tonya Harding was born in 1970.

You see Tonya Harding is the reincarnation of Lee Harvey Oswald...
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2011, 06:35 PM   #115
solzhenitsyn
Thinker

^ How many of these sort are joke conspiracy theories though? (Please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.)
solzhenitsyn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th October 2011, 03:03 AM   #116
8den
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by solzhenitsyn View Post
^ How many of these sort are joke conspiracy theories though? (Please don't hesitate to correct me if I'm wrong.)
This was genuine one. He had his own very earnest website.

C'mon theres people on David Icke right now claiming JFK was shot by his driver.

These conspiracy theories are so out there that any comedy or satire conspiracy theory is never going to be as outlandish and detailed as some of the genuinely crazy ones.
8den is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th October 2011, 08:25 AM   #117
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by 8den View Post
C'mon theres people on David Icke right now claiming JFK was shot by his driver.
Our own dear Anders regurgitated that one right here a few months ago. Almost unPoe-able.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2011, 02:16 PM   #118
Checkmite

How about the theory that the bizarre sex cult meeting depicted in Eyes Wide Shut was a reenactment of a real Illuminati ritual, and that Stanley Kubrick's heart attack soon after the release of the movie was actually an assassination in revenge for his exposure of the ritual.
Old 24th October 2011, 06:24 PM   #119
hokie
Scholar

What about the claim that Kentucky Fried Chicken had to change its name to KFC when the government learned that the chicken meat was actually cell cultures grown in big vats and pressed into lumps. The claim was that there was no chicken in KFC.
Old 24th October 2011, 07:57 PM   #120
Checkmite

Originally Posted by hokie View Post
What about the claim that Kentucky Fried Chicken had to change its name to KFC when the government learned that the chicken meat was actually cell cultures grown in big vats and pressed into lumps. The claim was that there was no chicken in KFC.
Well, that probably doesn't have much traction any more simply because KFC is actually re-re-branding its restaurants back to "Kentucky Fried Chicken" now.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories