IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CT humor , Ella Yelich-O'Connor , Lorde

Old 11th February 2014, 04:11 PM   #1
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

Lrde's Grammy Speech

http://snoopman.wordpress.com/2014/0...-january-2014/

Oh FSM, the Woo is bursting from the seams, not least from statements like "inverted totalitarianism".

Honestly, the left seem to have read the Draka books and thought the US is every bit as evil as the Domination of the Draka.
Old 11th February 2014, 05:04 PM   #2
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

Originally Posted by NWO Sentryman View Post
Honestly, the left seem to have read the Draka books and thought the US is every bit as evil as the Domination of the Draka.
This is the second time I've seen you make this comparison. What, specifically, do you see as the similarities between the "left's" view of the US and Stirling's Draka?

Other than the fact that the Draka are pretty much the American Tea Party's wankfantasy, that is.

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2014, 05:11 PM   #3
Alareth
Philosopher

Did you notice the category the linked post is filed under?
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2014, 05:12 PM   #4
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

Originally Posted by A'isha View Post
This is the second time I've seen you make this comparison. What, specifically, do you see as the similarities between the "left's" view of the US and Stirling's Draka?

Other than the fact that the Draka are pretty much the American Tea Party's wankfantasy, that is.
They seem to think that the US is some evil Empire that enslaves for the lulz (while the Draka is basically what said evil empire would actually look like). Have you seen the typical output of the likes of Pilger/Milne/Lorde etc. accusing the US of "Imperialism" (while insulting actual conquerors like Cortez).

And I doubt that the Tea Party would be up for re-enacting A Serbian Film on Middle Eastern people.
Old 11th February 2014, 05:21 PM   #5
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

They seem to think that the US is some evil Empire that enslaves for the lulz
Do they?

Quote:
(while the Draka is basically what said evil empire would actually look like).
Yes, I'm familiar with the Draka. Which is why I don't see any resemblance, and am asking you to explain your comparison.

Quote:
Have you seen the typical output of the likes of Pilger/Milne/Lorde etc. accusing the US of "Imperialism" (while insulting actual conquerors like Cortez).
No. Can you provide some?

Quote:
And I doubt that the Tea Party would be up for re-enacting A Serbian Film on Middle Eastern people.
You should visit Free Republic sometime.

"Does [A'isha] want to end up in a gas chamber, I wonder? Because this is where the whole thing will end" - McHrozni
A'isha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2014, 05:34 PM   #6
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

She's 17. I had a heap of woo beliefs at that age. At least she can articulate hers, unlike most her age.

Also, celebrity holds silly beliefs! Hold the presses......

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2014, 05:35 PM   #7
NWO Sentryman
Proud NWO Gatekeeper

1) Read the link in the OP
2) Basically, the left think the US military behaves like the Domination of the Draka (who were nazi expies cranked up to eleven with a tint of Dark Eldar.)
3) The Shock Doctrine, half the citations in the OP's link (warning! Full Woo ahead)
4) 4Chan style "REMOVE KEBAB!" is one thing. Taking a village and impaling all the residents on stakes and uploading the footage is completely another.
Old 11th February 2014, 05:37 PM   #8
kid meatball
Critical Thinker

Put me in the pics or it didn't happen camp. If that's also a FEMA death camp, well, remember me or something.
kid meatball is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th February 2014, 05:56 PM   #9
A'isha
Miss Schoolteacher

1) Read the link in the OP
The one categorized on that blog under "Satire, sarcasm, and snoofs"? The one that said Lorde's suppressed Grammy speech was uncovered by "Legendary journalist Iggy Swind...who has worked with famed reporter Clark Kent and award-winning photojournalist Peter Parker"?

Quote:
2) Basically, the left think the US military behaves like the Domination of the Draka (who were nazi expies cranked up to eleven with a tint of Dark Eldar.)
3) The Shock Doctrine, half the citations in the OP's link (warning! Full Woo ahead)
Again, I know who the Draka are and what they're described as doing in the novels. I'm asking for concrete side-by-side comparisons that support your idea that "the left" thinks the US is acting like the fictional Draka do, not your unsupported assertions that they do.

And not Wordpress blogs that pepper their "articles" about Lorde's Grammy speech with things like "“Only ‘Queen Bee’ Lorde could have said that”, said a New Zealand university professor of the History of Nearly Every Hierarchical Civilization Since Sumeria, Dr. Harry Hiveman, who unofficially mentored Yelich-O’Connor in capitalism’s “dark-side” in 2011. Hiveman, who gives the academic habit of making rabbit-ear marks with his index-fingers when speaking in euphemisms and using jargon, refers to capitalism as “the death star”."

Quote:
4) 4Chan style "REMOVE KEBAB!" is one thing. Taking a village and impaling all the residents on stakes and uploading the footage is completely another.
Really?

Old 12th February 2014, 02:49 PM   #10
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

If you think that the right has a monopoly on conspiracy wackjobs,you are sadly mistaken.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th February 2014, 03:16 PM   #11
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

The one categorized on that blog under "Satire, sarcasm, and snoofs"? The one that said Lorde's suppressed Grammy speech was uncovered by "Legendary journalist Iggy Swind...who has worked with famed reporter Clark Kent and award-winning photojournalist Peter Parker"?
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2014, 10:55 PM   #12
Burning Beard
Muse

http://snoopman.wordpress.com/2014/0...-january-2014/

Oh FSM, the Woo is bursting from the seams, not least from statements like "inverted totalitarianism".
I had a friend post this on Facebook last night.

I asked him if he believes everything he reads on the internet.
He said he doesn't know who to believe anymore; so I gave him a run-down on just how many silly assumptions you'd have to make about "silencing her."

Then, I had to point out the obvious, that it was filed under "satire" on that webiste.

And my Surf Guitar version... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WioJ...eRkAD3bh1dU_gF
Burning Beard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2014, 09:42 AM   #13
Mudcat
Man of a Thousand Memes

After reading the quoted, I somehow doubt the issue expressed by the opening post is any kind of issue. Just my opinion, mind you.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories