IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CIA conspiracies , CT humor , Kim Jong-nam , Kim Jong-un , Trump conspiracies

Old 14th February 2017, 11:44 AM   #1
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

CIA assasination: Kim Jong Nam

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...401_story.html

Today, Kim Jong Un's half-brother Kim Jong Nam was assassinated in an airport in Malaysia.

I'll get the conspiracy started before it gets tainted by evidence or facts:

Trump ordered the CIA to kill him in retaliation of the Missile test that interrupted his Mar-a-Lago evening.

We all agree, right?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 11:55 AM   #2
madurobob
Philosopher

Seems more likely Kim Jung Un had it done to remove a possible pretender to the throne. In fact, I heard that his private nickname for his brother was "Pretender".

The assassin, of course, was deep under cover for years. He was triggered into action by Kelly Ann Conway via Sunday talk show key words, at the direction of Trump. As we all know, Trump is Kim Jong Il's illegitimate half brother and has himself bristled all his life at secretly being known as "Pretender". Now he's making his move!
Old 14th February 2017, 12:06 PM   #3
fagin
Philosopher

Even better, the assassin seems to have been a pair of shes.
Old 14th February 2017, 12:14 PM   #4
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

Today, Kim Jong Un's half-brother Kim Jong Nam was assassinated in an airport in Malaysia.

Trump ordered the CIA to kill him in retaliation of the Missile test that interrupted his Mar-a-Lago evening.

We all agree, right?
No - pretty clear his brother had him killed. Would not mind a bombing or three directly on North Korea.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 12:14 PM   #5
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Even better, the assassin seems to have been a pair of shes.
Do we know where Kellyanne Conway and Ivanka Trump where at the time in question?
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 12:20 PM   #6
fuelair
Banned

Or a suicide death torture squad to skin the little tird alive.
Slowly. Broken by layering in salt and bathing in alcohol or cinnamon oil. Or a mixture of the latter two. (The mixing of the two is as effective as the skinning and then applying either but the skinning is forever and the other is only till he faints for awhile. If he can, of course!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 12:22 PM   #7
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
No - pretty clear his brother had him killed. Would not mind a bombing or three directly on North Korea.
Not for the killing, just to put the unfortunate poor there out of their misery while putting the leaders out of ours.
Old 14th February 2017, 12:28 PM   #8
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

We all agree, right?
Enh. Conspiracy theories are fun and all, but... Nah. We'd have to assume that the CIA had an asset in place, that Trump would think to ask about it, and that the CIA would actually let him use it.

My theory is that it's the NK military junta, heading off a potential power struggle by decapitating a dissenting faction within the government before it has time to mature.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Planigale
Illuminator

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Or a suicide death torture squad to skin the little tird alive.
Slowly. Broken by layering in salt and bathing in alcohol or cinnamon oil. Or a mixture of the latter two. (The mixing of the two is as effective as the skinning and then applying either but the skinning is forever and the other is only till he faints for awhile. If he can, of course!!!
One lesson I have learned is do not get affectionate with your sweetie when she has been chopping chillies.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th February 2017, 04:17 PM   #10
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
One lesson I have learned is do not get affectionate with your sweetie when she has been chopping chillies.
This also applies. Sometimes more than others.
Old 16th February 2017, 10:52 AM   #11
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Kim Jong Un has been catching up on Game of Thrones.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 11:13 AM   #12
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

Although the obvious suspect in this case is his wonderful baby brother, or others in the North Korean pwoer structure. given that Kim Jong Nam spent a lot of time in Macau and had a reputation as a "playboy", I can't completely discount the notion that the motive was something much more mundane. Did Kim Jong Nam have some unpaid gambling debts? Or was he fooling around with the wrong guy's wife or daughter? We may never know. The CIA seems to me to be very low on the list of suspects in this particular murder.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th February 2017, 11:51 AM   #13
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Supposedly, China is pretty upset about the hit: I guess Kim Jong Nam was some form of insurance, a possible replacement should Kim Jong Un step too far out of line.
It's quite likely that the little dear leader was burning that particular bridge for its protector nation.
Old 16th February 2017, 12:47 PM   #14
Axxman300
Illuminator

The guy was under the protection of the Chinese, so he would be hands-off for the CIA lest they Chinese reciprocate (which they would). His brother had him killed, the female assassin was a nice touch too.
Old 20th February 2017, 06:24 AM   #15
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The US wants North Korea to shut up and stop bothering us. This sort of thing makes them not do that.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2017, 10:34 AM   #16
Spindrift

Looks like they used VX nerve agent to kill him.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 07:23 AM   #17
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Ah, so Lunch Box wanted everyone to know he had his brother killed.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 11:23 AM   #18
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Ah, so Lunch Box wanted everyone to know he had his brother killed.
You have to wonder why poisoning him at his hotel room or just shooting him, or an arranged traffic accident or a nice big bomb wasn't in the cards.

Overly complicated plans like this seem a bit melodramatic.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 11:55 AM   #19
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
You have to wonder why poisoning him at his hotel room or just shooting him, or an arranged traffic accident or a nice big bomb wasn't in the cards.

Melodrama is one of North Korea's main exports.
Old 25th February 2017, 01:36 PM   #20
Spindrift

He thinks James Bond movies are instructional videos.
Old 25th February 2017, 02:26 PM   #21
Alphaba
Optical Allusion

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post

Blocking the ACHE metabolic pathway is a useful way to get rid of insects and other animals.

Tailoring a compound able to target only humans/mammals at the mg dose range required some careful studies and experiments. Thanks to a couple of British scientists, VX is currently the best candidate in town.
Alphaba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 03:55 PM   #22
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

the guy was a embarrassment to Dear Leader. Why would the CIA WANT to assisanate him?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 04:30 PM   #23
Alphaba
Optical Allusion

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
the guy was a embarrassment to Dear Leader. Why would the CIA WANT to assisanate him?
Kim the lesser is the highly likely sponsor of this gruesome assassination.

Who did suggest the nonsensical notion that CIA was involved in the loop conspiracy?

PS: IMHO, this thread should be in Non-USA & General Politics as it is about real events and their likely unfolding and cause.
Alphaba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th February 2017, 11:19 PM   #24
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Alphaba View Post
Kim the lesser is the highly likely sponsor of this gruesome assassination.

Who did suggest the nonsensical notion that CIA was involved in the loop conspiracy?

PS: IMHO, this thread should be in Non-USA & General Politics as it is about real events and their likely unfolding and cause.
If I wanted serious speculations, I wouldn't have posted it in the CT section

So back to the OP: do we know where Melania was on the day in question?

Note: a more serious discussion happens in the Will North Korea collapse in the next 4 years? thread.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ighlight=Korea

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 25th February 2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 27th February 2017, 02:36 PM   #25
Alphaba
Optical Allusion

If I wanted serious speculations, I wouldn't have posted it in the CT section
A thread pushing FAKE NEWS CONSPIRACIES! Sad!

The pervasive sense of Humor of this Forum Community must have momentarily escaped me.
Old 28th February 2017, 06:00 AM   #26
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39112640

Serious question, conspiracy heads.

Could these women actually be patsies who were fooled into thinking that they were taking part in a TV prank?

Whether they knew what they were doing or not, I think it's safe to say that whoever hired them considered them expendable.

They were neither Malaysians nor North Koreans. I wonder what their background was. It seems like a diabolical plan but it has certain advantages for the assassin(s) if you can trick someone else into carrying out the deed.
Old 28th February 2017, 09:14 AM   #27
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post

Could these women actually be patsies who were fooled into thinking that they were taking part in a TV prank?

Whether they knew what they were doing or not, I think it's safe to say that whoever hired them considered them expendable.

They were neither Malaysians nor North Koreans. I wonder what their background was. It seems like a diabolical plan but it has certain advantages for the assassin(s) if you can trick someone else into carrying out the deed.

I'm trying to imagine the pitch, with safety cautions, that leaves them still thinking it's an innocent TV prank.

I need more coffee... or a better imagination.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 09:24 AM   #28
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Conspiracy aside, I'm curious as to the protection the attackers were wearing on their hands. Presumably they must have had some lotion or blocker to prevent them absorbing the VX nerve "gas" (really a volatile liquid). It is really deadly stuff (drops are lethal) easily absorbed, yet the news reports indicated that they simply washed it off ofter the attack. Were they wearing gloves? Did they take an antidote, like atropine, prophylactically? Was the risk worth it for Dear Leader?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 09:34 AM   #29
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Conspiracy aside, I'm curious as to the protection the attackers were wearing on their hands. Presumably they must have had some lotion or blocker to prevent them absorbing the VX nerve "gas" (really a volatile liquid). It is really deadly stuff (drops are lethal) easily absorbed, yet the news reports indicated that they simply washed it off ofter the attack. Were they wearing gloves? Did they take an antidote, like atropine, prophylactically? Was the risk worth it for Dear Leader?
If there were two was this a mixture that only become lethal when two different solutions are mixed? So each woman had a different one - of course the second one would have been exposed to both.

ah I see the Guardian came up with this idea also
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...laysian-police
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 09:37 AM   #30
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

If there were two was this a mixture that only become lethal when two different solutions are mixed? So each woman had a different one - of course the second one would have been exposed to both.

ah I see the Guardian came up with this idea also
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...laysian-police
Ah- a binary chemical weapon! Clever if that is how they did it!
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 10:16 AM   #31
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

They were neither Malaysians nor North Koreans. I wonder what their background was.
Background seems to be a "me love you long time" thing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-parlours.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ion-holes.html
Old 28th February 2017, 01:12 PM   #32
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Supposedly, China is pretty upset about the hit: I guess Kim Jong Nam was some form of insurance, a possible replacement should Kim Jong Un step too far out of line.
It's quite likely that the little dear leader was burning that particular bridge for its protector nation.
China is increasingly upset with N.K. and KimJ.U. on a few fronts.
Time to roll out my favourite prediction:

China will get so fed up with North Korea that they will broker a secret deal with the USA and S.K. China will invade N.K., set up a new government that is similar to the Special Administrative Region Status of Hong Kong except much more autonomous, with a 50 year guarantee of independance and work towards, and expectation of, reunification of Korea. Much greater commerce and freedom of travel between north and south will be allowed and encouraged. If reunification takes place China will formally guarantee noninterference with Korea in return for withdrawl of US ground forces and air bases.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 01:18 PM   #33
Spindrift

No because unless you really believed the VX was VX you might be tempted smell it or something and get it on yourself. You might not handle with all the caution required of something so deadly.
Old 28th February 2017, 05:07 PM   #34
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I'm trying to imagine the pitch, with safety cautions, that leaves them still thinking it's an innocent TV prank.

I need more coffee... or a better imagination.
First, maybe you are thinking like a skeptic here, and not somebody who wants to believe. I mean, you might think how could anyone believe psychics, but people do. So you give them a song and dance about how they can get into TV, this could be their big break and let wishful thinking and motivated reasoning do the heavy lifting.

As for safety cautions, remember these people are expendable, disposable as far as the evil mastermind is concerned. It might even be convenient if they die too. So don't give them safety cautions, just very specific instructions.
Old 28th February 2017, 05:18 PM   #35
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

First, maybe you are thinking like a skeptic here, and not somebody who wants to believe. I mean, you might think how could anyone believe psychics, but people do. So you give them a song and dance about how they can get into TV, this could be their big break and let wishful thinking and motivated reasoning do the heavy lifting.

As for safety cautions, remember these people are expendable, disposable as far as the evil mastermind is concerned. It might even be convenient if they die too. So don't give them safety cautions, just very specific instructions.
The "binary" suggestion is interesting and could explain both why only one of the women became only slightly affected (the second of course, if true) as well as not giving (or needing) precautionary safety instructions. Were it me... I'm sure I'd at least tentatively smell the solution I was instructed to smear on someone's face (god... what a weird plan to go along with).

What I don't know is... can VX even be deployed that way?

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 28th February 2017 at 05:27 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2017, 05:35 PM   #36
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It's reported that the women say that they thought (or were told) that the substance was baby oil. They also say that they thought it was for a television prank. But apparently there weren't any TV cameras or a film crew. It's hard to imagine because there was really nothing about the situation that resembled a legitimate recorded prank for TV.
Old 28th February 2017, 05:50 PM   #37
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
It's reported that the women say that they thought (or were told) that the substance was baby oil. They also say that they thought it was for a television prank. But apparently there weren't any TV cameras or a film crew. It's hard to imagine because there was really nothing about the situation that resembled a legitimate recorded prank for TV.

Thanks,
I haven't read a single story on this for quite a few days now... hadn't even heard the massage parlor angle.

As to what's legit on those Asian shows... one from a few years back had a running theme of breaking into bathrooms to catch women soaking in the tub.
Presumably with assistance of family/friends, and possibly staged (I'd guess plenty of bubble bath)... but damn, what lengths won't they go to?

eta: Forgot about the dudes who'll stand on stage and get whacked in the nuts. For a prize? Are you kidding me?

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 28th February 2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 28th February 2017, 06:00 PM   #38
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
Thanks for those links. While it is the Daily Fail, it does seem that their background is not trained assassins or professional hitwomen.

Quote:
In the seedy, sex-driven, underworld beneath Malaysia's world-wide image of respectability, two 'good time girls' made easy pickings for North Korean agents looking for 'patsies' to commit a murder.
And although there may have been clues that are quite obvious in hindsight, when motivated reasoning is in full force, those clues would likely be missed. This is how con-men dupe people. No cameras around? Well, they told them the cameras would be hidden, because that's how these things are done. If they haven't been involved in making a TV show before, they might not know any better. It's like Candid Camera, the cameras are all hidden.

Anyway, I'm not even saying I really believe this, but I think it's a possibility that needs to be ruled out if these women are to be put to death or thrown in prison for the rest of their lives.
Old 28th February 2017, 07:00 PM   #39
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
He wasn't a embarrassment for Lunch Box; he was an option for the Chinese. If China pegged out it's fun meter and decided to install a puppet government, the half brother was the only person likely seen as legitimate by a population conditioned to dynastic rule.
Old 1st March 2017, 07:06 AM   #40
Spindrift

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
What I don't know is... can VX even be deployed that way?
From what I heard on the radio is that VX is very effective trans-dermally. (sp? thru the skin). Which means it could not be handled like baby oil.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories