IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags CIA conspiracies , CT humor , Kim Jong-nam , Kim Jong-un , Trump conspiracies

Old 1st March 2017, 11:15 AM   #41
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
From what I heard on the radio is that VX is very effective trans-dermally. (sp? thru the skin). Which means it could not be handled like baby oil.

No, I meant the "binary" hypothesis.

Can discrete but harmless components be handled and then combined on site to immediately create the full and deadly VX?

As I don't even know what it's made up of, I don't know the possibility of that hypothesis. As I said... I haven't bothered to open any of the links in days, I only saw the "binary" suggestion in this thread and thought it interesting (yes, I like that Die Hard the best. )

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 11:37 AM   #42
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
No, I meant the "binary" hypothesis.

Can discrete but harmless components be handled and then combined on site to immediately create the full and deadly VX?

As I don't even know what it's made up of, I don't know the possibility of that hypothesis. As I said... I haven't bothered to open any of the links in days, I only saw the "binary" suggestion in this thread and thought it interesting (yes, I like that Die Hard the best. )
Ah, that I don't know, but I recall them saying that VX is not terribly hard to make.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 11:45 AM   #43
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Ah, that I don't know, but I recall them saying that VX is not terribly hard to make.
Well that's terribly reassuring.

Like Ricin from Castor Beans (?)... the real challenge is simply not killing yourself in the process of making it, not that it's terribly difficult or complex.

Still... there's something so unnecessarily "Bond villain" about doing this with VX.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2017, 01:27 PM   #44
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Well that's terribly reassuring.

Like Ricin from Castor Beans (?)... the real challenge is simply not killing yourself in the process of making it, not that it's terribly difficult or complex.

Still... there's something so unnecessarily "Bond villain" about doing this with VX.
I wonder if Kim Jong Un has a cat.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:50 PM   #45
Craig B
Penultimate Amazing

I wonder if Kim Jong Un has a cat.
Two cats, displayed here.
Craig B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2017, 02:34 PM   #46
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

Thumbs up

Simple, his brother was actually an alien from Area 51 that escaped, so the CIA killed the alien because it knew how to shape-shift itself into Kim brother (Operation ZYX is about creating shape-shifting Aliens. These experiments started way back in the 60's, but finally bore some fruitful results in 1996).

The REAL Kim Jong Nam died in a train accident in 1997, but "they" don't want you to know about this.

I'm pretty sure there some information about my theory over here.

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2017, 11:17 PM   #47
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

How to get away with murder, North Korea style:

North Korean suspects sent home with murder victim as Malaysia makes swap

Quote:
Three North Koreans wanted for questioning in the murder of Kim Jong Nam, the estranged half-brother of their country's leader were believed to be returning home with the coffin of the victim on Friday after Malaysia agreed a swap deal with the reclusive state.

Photographs obtained by Reuters from Japan's Kyodo news agency show Hyon Kwang Song, the second secretary at the North Korean embassy in Kuala Lumpur, and Kim Uk Il, a staff member of North Korea’s state airline Air Koryo were on a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on Thursday evening.

The pictures match those released by the Malaysian police earlier. The coffin carrying the body of Kim Jong Nam was also believed to have been on the same flight, though this has not been confirmed by authorities.

Malaysian media reported that a third North Korean, Ri Ji U, also known as James, who had been hiding with them at the North Korean embassy in Kuala Lumpur was also allowed to go home.

The three men and the coffin were expected to be transferred to a flight to Pyongyang.

Malaysian authorities released Kim's body on Thursday, in a deal that secured the release of nine Malaysian citizens held in Pyongyang after a drawn out diplomatic spat.

Kim Jong Nam was killed in Kuala Lumpur International airport on Feb.13 in a bizarre assassination using VX nerve agent, a chemical so lethal that it is on a U.N. list of weapons of mass destruction.

Malaysian prosecutors have charged two women - an Indonesian and a Vietnamese - with killing him, but they are regarded by South Korean and U.S. officials as pawns in an operation carried out by North Korean agents.
The women were indeed expendable pawns. Perhaps they didn't even realize what was happening (I know it sounds far-fetched, but I can see it: young naive prostitutes fooled into thinking it was some kind of TV prank. Plus they aren't even North Koreans. Plus, what is their motive otherwise?)

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories