IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Mitch McConnell , nancy pelosi , vandalism incidents

Old 2nd January 2021, 04:44 PM   #1
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Pelosi's, McConnell's homes vandalized after Congress fails to approve $2K checks

Pelosi's, McConnell's homes vandalized after Congress fails to approve $2K stimulus checks

Quote:
The homes of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi were vandalized days after Congress failed to approve a measure to increase coronavirus stimulus checks to $2,000.

Photos captured on Saturday showed the words "WERES MY MONEY" scrawled in white spray paint on the front door of McConnell's Louisville, Kentucky, home. “MITCH KILLS THE POOR" was written in red on a window.
Quote:
At Pelosi's San Francisco home, a garage door was defaced on Friday with phrases including "$2K," "Cancel rent!" and "We want everything!"

Police said a pig's head and fake blood were left on the ground.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 04:59 PM   #2
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Five bucks says it was Pelosi and McConnell vandalizing each other's houses.
Old 2nd January 2021, 05:14 PM   #3
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Five bucks says it was Pelosi and McConnell vandalizing each other's houses.
No, it's Antifa. It's always Antifa.

ETA: Or BLM. It's always Antifa or BLM.

Or the Proud Boys. It's always Antifa or BLM or the Proud Boys.

Last edited by Trebuchet; 2nd January 2021 at 05:16 PM.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 05:34 PM   #4
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Fake blood? Buncha wimps up in this ****.
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:01 PM   #5
Modified
Philosopher

For Pelosi's home, it's not really clear if they are for or against the $2,000 checks. All that I've seen reads like it could be mocking the potential recipients, or not. Does the pig's head mean the people who want the checks are greedy pigs, or that Pelosi is a pig for not doing more to give out the checks?
Modified is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:33 PM   #6
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Modified View Post
For Pelosi's home, it's not really clear if they are for or against the $2,000 checks. All that I've seen reads like it could be mocking the potential recipients, or not. Does the pig's head mean the people who want the checks are greedy pigs, or that Pelosi is a pig for not doing more to give out the checks?
It could be a reference to pork in bills? Or maybe a Lord of the Flies call-out? Ugh. Reminds me of the double annoyance of graffiti: the first that it's there, and the second that it's illegible.
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:46 PM   #7
angrysoba
Philosophile

Have you seen the little piggies, living piggy lives? You can see them out for dinnner, with their piggy wives!
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 06:58 PM   #8
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Have you seen the little piggies, living piggy lives? You can see them out for dinnner, with their piggy wives!
This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home. This little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy's in the Club of Rome!
Old 2nd January 2021, 10:43 PM   #9
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Unsure why they would attack Pelosi's home. She actually tried to give them the $2K, not prevent it. Couldn't they have left chocolates? Covered in fake pig's blood, of course.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:24 PM   #10
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Unsure why they would attack Pelosi's home. She actually tried to give them the $2K, not prevent it. Couldn't they have left chocolates? Covered in fake pig's blood, of course.
Because Anarchist . both left and right wing variety, are idiots?

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2021, 11:26 PM   #11
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

I suspect the idiot Anarchists, which come in both left and right wing varieties.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 01:09 AM   #12
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post

We have one weapon, Antifa and BL...
We have TWO weapons, Antifa, the BLM and The Prou...
We have THREE weapons, Antifa, the BLM, The Proud Boys and the Club of Ro..
We have FOUR...
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 03:40 AM   #13
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
We have one weapon, Antifa and BL...
We have TWO weapons, Antifa, the BLM and The Prou...
We have THREE weapons, Antifa, the BLM, The Proud Boys and the Club of Ro..
We have FOUR...
Come on, come on, say it, say it... "and nice red uniforms"
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 04:24 AM   #14
EHocking
Philosopher

The comfy chair for you!
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 06:50 AM   #15
BazBear
Possible Suspect

BazBear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:08 PM   #16
Mumbles
Philosopher

I need vandals to practice their graffiti more. Even the stuff on Pelosi's house was weird, cut off at the edge of her...garage door, it looked like? And never mind "Were's my money?" On the Grim Reaper's door...
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:36 PM   #17
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Work it out:-

1. Trump came up with the $2k proposition.

2. Trump suggested the current bill was full of 'pork'.

3. Trump supporters hate anybody who doesn't kowtow to him, as well as all Democrats regardless.

Conclusion... Trump supporters did all of it.
Old 3rd January 2021, 02:45 PM   #18
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Work it out:-

1. Trump came up with the $2k proposition.

2. Trump suggested the current bill was full of 'pork'.

3. Trump supporters hate anybody who doesn't kowtow to him, as well as all Democrats regardless.

Conclusion... Trump supporters did all of it.
Or Trump himself, after all we know he’s not doing anything else but watching TV....
Old 3rd January 2021, 05:21 PM   #19
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Pelosi and Democrats did their job and passed the bill. This is all on MoscowMitch.
Old 3rd January 2021, 05:31 PM   #20
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The ironic situation is Pelosi's. Pelosi lives in San Francisco. Reading local media from the Bay Area, one commenter said they were greatly surprised there is no mention of video footage from security cameras. That they would expect every house in Pelosi's high-priced neighborhood would have security cameras installed. I find that surprising too, unless police have video but are keeping quiet until they make arrests.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th January 2021, 10:49 AM   #21
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I do wonder about it being a false flag, it seemed to be more based in conservative strawmen of liberal protestors than actual protestors.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2021, 02:26 PM   #22
Donal
Illuminator

Well, based on the symbol in the graffiti, I think we should be looking into the Avengers
Old 5th January 2021, 02:46 PM   #23
portlandatheist
Illuminator

The WAPO has a great editorial on the question on the question "Does the right to protest include the right to hound someone in their home?"
As if we need an opinion on whether harassment, bullying and intimidation is the same thing as "protesting"
Quote:
The notion that people have a right to assemble and speak out everywhere is democratic; the notion that there should be no boundary between the public square and the private sphere is totalitarian.
We've had proud boys "protest" at governor Kate Brown's residence and Antifa arson our Mayor's residence and plenty of people in the riot thread explain to us that this is much a do about nothing or that they deserve it, at least when it comes to Ted Wheeler.

Last edited by portlandatheist; 5th January 2021 at 02:46 PM. Reason: grammer
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th January 2021, 06:42 PM   #24
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by portlandatheist View Post
As if we need an opinion on whether harassment, bullying and intimidation is the same thing as "protesting"
Someone spray-painted graffiti across the front wall of my old house. It was a very plain wall with 2 windows either side and nothing else - just begging to be tagged.

That scribble was a work of art, a cry for freedom and a refusal to conform to oppressive establishment. It didn't hurt anyone, and just being a small part of it gave me a little twinge of excitement - so I decided to leave the graffiti on there as a statement of solidarity.

But it wasn't long before a jack-booted Nazi official came to my door and told me I had to remove it. Being the spineless wimp that I am I agreed without the slightest murmur of dissent. So much for freedom, so much for individuality, so much for artistic expression! As I cleaned off that graffiti in full view of the neighbors I felt the shame of someone who didn't have the guts to stand up for what they believed in.

Quote:
We've had proud boys "protest" at governor Kate Brown's residence and Antifa arson our Mayor's residence and plenty of people in the riot thread...
In this case we have a bit of spray paint, a pig's head and some fake blood. Hardly the same as physical violence, arson and riots. So what's the harm? These are high profile politicians who should expect occasional stunts like this.

Last edited by Roger Ramjets; 5th January 2021 at 06:44 PM.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics