IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 31st December 2020, 07:06 PM   #3161
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Trump? He used to make the coffee, didn't he? I barely knew him.

Last edited by a_unique_person; 31st December 2020 at 07:08 PM.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 07:52 PM   #3162
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Trump? He used to make the coffee, didn't he? I barely knew him.
He could never get the WH covfefe orders right either.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 08:17 PM   #3163
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
The town absolutely has the authority to stop Trump from living there. But they will have to use teeth to enforce it. And despite what we've heard on the news, no one is speaking out publicly against Trump living there. Someone will have to take him to court. But the more they dawdle, Trump's position is improved.
Zoning is about taxes. If he chooses to use it as a residence, he will have to pay residence property taxes. And since Florida has no income tax, property taxes are not cheap.

If it is zoned as a business, they will pay the business tax rate.

Locals absolutely have control over zoning for tax assessment.

My interpretation is that the county has a tax deal with the business. That's where they put in the requirements about who can stay how long. Basically, violate the terms and we're taxing it as a residence.
Old 31st December 2020, 08:36 PM   #3164
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Finished off the year with the highest Stock Market in history. Setting records with your 401k’s, just like I said you would. Congratulations to all!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 08:49 PM   #3165
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Finished off the year with the highest Stock Market in history. Setting records with your 401k’s, just like I said you would. Congratulations to all!

And we're all very impressed.
Old 31st December 2020, 09:31 PM   #3166
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Trump? He used to make the coffee covfefe, didn't he? I barely knew him.
FTFY

ETA: ninja'd by EHocking
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 31st December 2020 at 09:32 PM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 10:17 PM   #3167
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

What, it didn't crash as soon as Biden was elected like Trump said it would?
Old 31st December 2020, 10:24 PM   #3168
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
In Georgia, Perdue is in Quarantine because of exposure to Covid from a campaign worker.
No appreanrence with Donnie on Monday.
Here's a guy in the last inning of his runoff election and he quarantines NOT for getting the virus but simply because he was exposed. Really? If I was a reporter in Georgia I'd sure be looking hard for the backstory to this because on its face, it makes no damn sense whatsoever.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 10:41 PM   #3169
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Here's a guy in the last inning of his runoff election and he quarantines NOT for getting the virus but simply because he was exposed. Really? If I was a reporter in Georgia I'd sure be looking hard for the backstory to this because on its face, it makes no damn sense whatsoever.
Hey, to be fair, that's what he is SUPPOSED to do. Upon exposure to someone who is positive, you are supposed to quarantine for 14 days.

Whether he has been that way until now, I don't know. But its the right thing to do.
Old 31st December 2020, 10:58 PM   #3170
dirtywick
Illuminator

https://www.newsweek.com/pro-trump-l...awsuit-1558400

its weird that newsweek is breaking this story, but why are all of Trump's lawyers comically crazy? why does he think they are capable of giving him legal advice?
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 11:03 PM   #3171
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

All the competent lawyers were run off when they refused to take up an insane case.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 11:04 PM   #3172
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

I guess it wouldn't have occurred to him that one of the reasons why the stock market has recovered could be because of the result of the election?

Of course it wouldn't!
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 11:13 PM   #3173
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I guess it wouldn't have occurred to him that one of the reasons why the stock market has recovered could be because of the result of the election?

Of course it wouldn't!
If there is a good break in the weather, Diaper Don will take credit for that as well. There's nothing he won't steal if it is to his advantage.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 11:49 PM   #3174
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
I hope he looses, but to be fair that is what he is supposed to do until he is tested.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 11:51 PM   #3175
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gnome View Post
All the competent lawyers were run off when they refused to take up an insane case.
That is because your really good lawyers like to be paid, and Trump has a reputation for trying to stiff his lawyers out of their fees/share of the winnings.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st December 2020, 11:54 PM   #3176
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Pence is going to court to have the Gohbert Lawsuit against him voided. Guess he is part of the deep state.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:28 AM   #3177
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I think on the CNN New Years Eve show, ANderson Cooper summed un 2020 perfectly:

"Goodbye 2020 you total dumpster fire of a year".

Robert Heinlein.
Old 1st January 2021, 12:51 AM   #3178
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

At least 140 House Republicans to vote against counting electoral votes, two GOP lawmakers say

It's not too often that I say this, but... may they burn in the Hell that they profess to believe in for the harm they seek to do.
Old 1st January 2021, 01:10 AM   #3179
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
At least 140 House Republicans to vote against counting electoral votes, two GOP lawmakers say

It's not too often that I say this, but... may they burn in the Hell that they profess to believe in for the harm they seek to do.
We'll see how it works out. I've been thinking about what should the best response for the Democrats be?
Old 1st January 2021, 01:15 AM   #3180
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Democratic response should be:

Goodbye 2020 and your fact-free run. 2021 is bringing normalcy back, facts matter, the evidence based world is back.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 01:21 AM   #3181
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Democratic response should be:

Goodbye 2020 and your fact-free run. 2021 is bringing normalcy back, facts matter, the evidence based world is back.
I mean on January 6th with this **** show the GOP is planning.
Old 1st January 2021, 02:28 AM   #3182
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Looking forward to the end of this thread.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 03:08 AM   #3183
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
So, here are some people you should feel sorry for... Or maybe not...

President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump decided at short notice to abandon his Mar-a-Lago club before a lavish New Year's Eve party....The Huffington Post reported in 2018 that tickets to the party had cost about $1,000.... The party was organized despite surging coronavirus cases in the US.

Hard to think of what is more... questionable....
- Being a Trump supporter in the first place (so much that you would shell out money to go to a party he was hosting)
- Going to a large gathering, hosted by an idiot who has participated in multiple covid Super Spreader events (so you're risking your life to go to it)

And at the end of the day, you end up not being able to meet Trump after all.

They got a bargain! Tickets to not meet Trump were $2,000.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 1st January 2021 at 03:09 AM.
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 03:26 AM   #3184
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Yes he admits he is talking about nominations when he says “they gave me a Nobel Peace Prize,” but he immediately follows that with “I don’t know, I don’t know.” WTF is that supposed to mean?

It means that he’s said something true at least twice during his presidency.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 05:22 AM   #3185
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Looking forward to the end of this thread.
Only 19 days to go .

Looking forward to trumpkins going quiet.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 06:58 AM   #3186
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 08:18 AM   #3187
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Trump Tweets

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It certainly will get happier in 19 days, 1 hour and 32 minutes!
Old 1st January 2021, 08:28 AM   #3188
Modified
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Zoning is about taxes. If he chooses to use it as a residence, he will have to pay residence property taxes. And since Florida has no income tax, property taxes are not cheap.

Property taxes in Florida are significantly lower than the national average. One reason is the high average age. The proportion of school-age children is low, so school taxes are low. Also, old people require less policing than the rest of the population.
Modified is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 08:36 AM   #3189
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Only 19 days to go .

Looking forward to trumpkins going quiet.
They won’t be quiet. I’m assuming they are now dusting off their “deficient out of control” slogans, finding where they’d put their “repeal Obama care” placards, and their flash cards of “disrespecting the office of the presidency” offences.
Old 1st January 2021, 08:40 AM   #3190
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post

It's the Trump loyalty test. Unlike most Senators, they have to run again in less than two years.
Old 1st January 2021, 08:52 AM   #3191
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
They won’t be quiet. I’m assuming they are now dusting off their “deficient out of control” slogans, finding where they’d put their “repeal Obama care” placards, and their flash cards of “disrespecting the office of the presidency” offences.
I think Safe-Keeper may have been making a little joke.

Last edited by Ladewig; 1st January 2021 at 08:54 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 08:57 AM   #3192
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
It's the Trump loyalty test. Unlike most Senators, they have to run again in less than two years.
Then they are deluded. Do they think that professing loyalty to Trump in two years time will be an advatage?
Old 1st January 2021, 09:00 AM   #3193
bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster

Then they are deluded. Do they think that professing loyalty to Trump in two years time will be an advatage?
Sure. Trump will still be a force in the republican party over the next couple years. These asshats don't need to worry just about getting re-elected, but they, more importantly, need to worry about primary challengers in less than 2 years. If their challengers can make an argument that they didn't do enough to stop the Biden admin, then they are vulnerable.
bonzombiekitty is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 09:56 AM   #3194
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty View Post
Sure. Trump will still be a force in the republican party over the next couple years. These asshats don't need to worry just about getting re-elected, but they, more importantly, need to worry about primary challengers in less than 2 years. If their challengers can make an argument that they didn't do enough to stop the Biden admin, then they are vulnerable.
I think that depends on how many bridges he burns. At his current rate, he'll soon run out of friends, at least sane ones.

Hans
Old 1st January 2021, 10:08 AM   #3195
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
I think that depends on how many bridges he burns. At his current rate, he'll soon run out of friends, at least sane ones.

Hans
Stubby Mcbonespurs never had friends. Only sychphants.

Also... He doesn't need "friends". Only a significant number of MAGAchud voters he can influence. Even if every republican hates him and has been attacked by him, they still have to worry about the MAGAchuds.

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 10:14 AM   #3196
gnome
Penultimate Amazing

If anything, Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham have taught Trump that you can burn people and they'll come right back to kiss your feet when you have something they want.

gnome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st January 2021, 10:26 AM   #3197
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
All Trump ever needed were suckers.
Old 1st January 2021, 11:03 AM   #3198
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

They are, they do, and in some districts it will. It's not about the general election, it's about not being primaried by a true believer.
Old 1st January 2021, 11:42 AM   #3199
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
They won’t be quiet. I’m assuming they are now dusting off their “deficient out of control”...

He’s been out of control for the last four years.

Old 1st January 2021, 11:49 AM   #3200
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

They are, they do, and in some districts it will. It's not about the general election, it's about not being primaried by a true believer.
Example, Thune doesn't support the coup, so Trump just tweeted:
Quote:
I hope to see the great Governor of South Dakota @KristiNoem, run against RINO @SenJohnThune, in the upcoming 2022 Primary. She would do a fantastic job in the U.S. Senate, but if not Kristi, others are already lining up. South Dakota wants strong leadership, NOW!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics