IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags joe biden , Kamala Harris , political speculation

View Poll Results: When will Harris become President?
Within three months 0 0%
Within six months 1 3.33%
Within a year 3 10.00%
Within three years 3 10.00%
Never, she will not be nominated for President in 2024 3 10.00%
She will be nominated for President in 2024 19 63.33%
On Planet X they will decided to invade before 2024 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th November 2020, 03:19 PM   #1
Hans
Philosopher

Harris as President

When do you think Harris will become President?

This is not to wish the President-Elect any ill luck but given his age something to consider. Also a few of how forum members view Harris as a possible Presidential candiate.

Last edited by Hans; 8th November 2020 at 03:23 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:30 PM   #2
dirtywick
Illuminator

I’m not aware that Biden has any health issues
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:36 PM   #3
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
Iím not aware that Biden has any health issues
I don't think Biden can or will run for reelection.

I think he has mentally declined significantly.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:43 PM   #4
crescent
Illuminator

It's taken as gospel by many conservatives that Biden won't finish his first term, with various options like those presented here. I mean, I see that a lot. ETA: I mean, what I see is that many conservatives express belief that the true intent of the Biden campaign is for Biden to resign early, just a cover for getting Harris into the White House, with various CTs about her VP (including Hillary, of course). The Biden campaign is popularly though by many conservatives to just be a cover for getting Hillary Clinton, or Nancy Pelosi, or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or Liberal Bogeywoman of the moment into the White House. Ain't gonna happen.

Interesting that the Harris running for President after the end of the second Biden term is not presented.

It's also taken for granted by many conservatives that Biden has stated he'll only serve one term.

They are wrong about that, he never said that, never made such a commitment.

My guess is that Harris will run for President in 2028, after Biden's second term.

Last edited by crescent; 8th November 2020 at 04:35 PM.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:48 PM   #5
angrysoba
Philosophile

It's strange that the poll does not even have an option for her being elected in 2028. I know Biden is old, but even then is it really unthinkable that he can serve two terms?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:49 PM   #6
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
It's strange that the poll does not even have an option for her being elected in 2028. I know Biden is old, but even then is it really unthinkable that he can serve two terms?
I want to see the take over at 2 years +1 day and see two more wins and the 10 year administration.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:49 PM   #7
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by crescent View Post
My guess is that Harris will run for President in 2028, after Biden's second term.
Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
That depends on Biden's health. Considering mess that he will inherit from el Orango and how POTUSes change during presidency, I seriously doubt he will be able to continue for another 4 years.

Though I agree that option should be in poll.
Old 8th November 2020, 04:00 PM   #8
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I refuse to participate in this poll. Too much of a "dead pool".
Old 8th November 2020, 04:01 PM   #9
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Biden's not that old, he's only what, 97? 98? If he'd had any serious health issues they'd have taken him out long before now.
Old 8th November 2020, 04:15 PM   #10
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

By the time the next Election comes around (please, let's not have to think about that already!!!) he will be 82 years old. That's... old for doing almost any kind of job. I'm decades younger than that and there's no way I'd want to work that hard any more. Here's hoping he's at peak capacity for at least the first couple years. At that time, I wouldn't mind his passing the torch to VP Harris.
Old 8th November 2020, 05:28 PM   #11
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Biden's not that old, he's only what, 97? 98? If he'd had any serious health issues they'd have taken him out long before now.
Biden's a little older than my aunt but I never brace for a verbal slipup when I hear her speak like I'm finding myself doing for Biden.

"poor (Proud) boys" " millions, uh, thousands of deaths from COVID-19"
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 06:04 PM   #12
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

I can't even order a hamburger without screwing it up at least once, and I never had a stutter to overcome.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 06:29 PM   #13
Cain
Straussian

The problem with this poll is that it's conjoining separate propositions. The most likely outcome, in my view, is that Biden serves the four year term.

Harris winning the Democratic Party's nomination and/or the presidency is beside the point.
Old 8th November 2020, 11:54 PM   #14
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I, too, voted for 2024 nomination.

with this election done, it is high time to talk about 2024!

The lineup seems clear:

Niki Haley vs. Kamela Harris.

Two female Candidates!
A tremendous step in Gender Equality!

A chance to have a substantial debate without the need for the dick-measuring so common in male-dominated politics.

so obviously what we'll need is a big bikini-mud-wrestling pit.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 12:19 AM   #15
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Two female Candidates!

A chance to have a substantial debate without the need for the dick-measuring so common in male-dominated politics.
I dunno. We had a certain PM called Margeret Thatcher who won all the dick-measuring contests in the 1980s.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 12:38 AM   #16
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I refuse to participate in this poll. Too much of a "dead pool".
I'm with you on this one. Jesus H. Christ Almighty. The man's literally just been elected.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 01:27 AM   #17
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Same - I was a little surprised to see it the majority of votes.

Haley's the strong second favourite right now for the Republican nomination in 2024. Trump still favourite.

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/event/p...70/all-markets
Old 9th November 2020, 01:57 AM   #18
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I fear that Joe Biden will be a one-term President and that GOP obstruction in the Senate and an increasingly partisan SCOTUS will mean that he won't be able to get very much done - and that which he does get done is by Executive Order and therefore subject to GOP allegations of Executive Overreach.

By 2024, the GOP will have found a new ideologue who will fire up the base whereas a lot of Democratic Party voters will be disillusioned by Biden's inability to get anything done. Sadly, Kamala Harris will be beaten in the 2024 election and will never serve as President.

The next Democratic party President will be elected in 2032 at the earliest
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 02:01 AM   #19
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I fear that Joe Biden will be a one-term President and that GOP obstruction in the Senate and an increasingly partisan SCOTUS will mean that he won't be able to get very much done - and that which he does get done is by Executive Order and therefore subject to GOP allegations of Executive Overreach.

By 2024, the GOP will have found a new ideologue who will fire up the base whereas a lot of Democratic Party voters will be disillusioned by Biden's inability to get anything done. Sadly, Kamala Harris will be beaten in the 2024 election and will never serve as President.

The next Democratic party President will be elected in 2032 at the earliest
Are you kidding? Donald Trump will win the 2020 election. There will be a coup and Godzilla will rise from the sea to smite the liberals to smithereens.

Old 9th November 2020, 02:06 AM   #20
Ambrosia
Good of the Fods

I fear that Joe Biden will be a one-term President and [...]
Do you have "glass is half full" moments at all anymore?
Ambrosia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 02:14 AM   #21
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
Do you have "glass is half full" moments at all anymore?
Yes, but not with respect to politics.

In the case of Joe Biden, it seems to me to be reasonable that he won't stand for re-election at the age of 82 and the Democratic Party will choose a different candidate instead. Joe Biden's major draw this time around was that he wasn't President Trump. In 2024 he'll have 4 years record of his own presidency to promote/defend (delete as necessary). I don't think a bland 82 year-old is the right candidate to excite Democratic Party supporters to get out and vote.

Do you think that Joe Biden will stand for re-election in 2024 ?

Do you think that would be a good idea ?
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 02:17 AM   #22
erlando
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Biden's a little older than my aunt but I never brace for a verbal slipup when I hear her speak like I'm finding myself doing for Biden.

"poor (Proud) boys" " millions, uh, thousands of deaths from COVID-19"
The last four years with Trump must have had you bracing for your life every second he spoke...
Old 9th November 2020, 02:19 AM   #23
angrysoba
Philosophile

Yes, but not with respect to politics.

In the case of Joe Biden, it seems to me to be reasonable that he won't stand for re-election at the age of 82 and the Democratic Party will choose a different candidate instead. Joe Biden's major draw this time around was that he wasn't President Trump. In 2024 he'll have 4 years record of his own presidency to promote/defend (delete as necessary). I don't think a bland 82 year-old is the right candidate to excite Democratic Party supporters to get out and vote.

I guess it depends on how his presidency goes. There are a few known knowns, some known unknowns and some unknown unknows to deal with. His presideny hasn't even started so at least give him a chance before we go all Hari Seldon.

Old 9th November 2020, 05:24 AM   #24
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?

No and no. But him standing for election in 2020 turned out to be a pretty good idea.
Old 9th November 2020, 05:56 AM   #25
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
No and no. But him standing for election in 2020 turned out to be a pretty good idea.
Exactly !

That's why I think Joe Biden will be a one term president.
Old 9th November 2020, 11:24 AM   #26
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by erlando View Post
The last four years with Trump must have had you bracing for your life every second he spoke...
Not for a person with a complete lack of standards, no.

I wanted Biden to look good. I wince when he makes these mistakes.
Old 11th November 2020, 08:39 AM   #27
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

The lineup seems clear:

Two female Candidates!

so obviously what we'll need is a big bikini-mud-wrestling pit.
I don't know about the bikini mud wrestling pit. I suspect that both of them are at an age where they look much better fully clothed.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics