IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , joe biden , Trump conspiracies

Old 1st December 2020, 01:26 AM   #41
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Yes. There are some laws against threatening government officials. But he is no longer a government employee. And simply saying that he should be executed is not an actual cause or excitement to action.
Thanks.
Old 1st December 2020, 03:49 AM   #42
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

It could get him disbarred.

but it won't.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 04:25 AM   #43
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

A judge in Nevada has ordered Clark County officials to allow an inspection of the elections equipment and sealed containers used in the 2020 election by 1:00 P.M. tomorrow. @RichardGrenel @AdamLaxalt @mschlapp
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 04:27 AM   #44
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Mindy Robinson Flag of United States
@iheartmindy
Twitter just suspended this guy’s account for testifying why he would never have certified Arizona’s results with the mathematically problematic numbers in front of him.

Does the Left think they’re just going to suppress and censor Biden’s fake presidency to life?

Quote Tweet
Team Trump
@TeamTrump
Expert witness says he believes the numbers in Arizona are fraudulent based on the data: "I'd rather resign than have certified those results" in Arizona today

(Video in link)

https://twitter.com/iheartmindy/stat...89188151689216
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 05:49 AM   #45
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
It could get him disbarred.

but it won't.
Does anyone know the procedure for filing a complaint with the American Bar Association?

Edited to add: Apparently one makes the complaint to the state board the attorney practices in.

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/r...iolations.html

I just filed my complaint to the DC Bar:

“I feel that calling for Chris Krebs, fired Election Security Chief, to be “drawn and quartered” and “taken out and shot” is language unbecoming any licensed attorney and that discipline is called for.”

Perhaps multiple complaints might get someone’s attention.

Last edited by Fast Eddie B; 1st December 2020 at 06:21 AM.
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 06:43 AM   #46
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Retweeted

Mindy Robinson
@iheartmindy

Dominion Voting System donated thousands of dollars to an anti-Trump Republican PAC linked to our Sec of State in Nevada.
Explain to me exactly “what” an election company is doing donating to ANY political side of an election they are contracted to run?

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Rudy Giuliani is presenting a ton of evidence.
If you ignore or refuse to look at the mountain of evidence being presented - save your breath barking to us about there being no evidence.
You can’t have it both ways.

Kambree
@KamVTV
They never thought they would get caught. They did. Notice how quiet they are? If I was accused of cheating I would fight like hell to clear my name.
Nope. Their silence says it all.

Catturd ™
@catturd2
Arizona Witness: Truck Loads of Ballots Kept Coming in For 10 Days After Elections Officials Thought They Were Done Counting Votes (VIDEO) via @gatewaypundit

They never thought Trump and We the People would call ******** and fight back hard.
They were wrong.
Yep. That was the one flaw in the whole election-stealing plan. Nobody expected President Chuckles to loudly and repeatedly complain when something didn’t go his way.
Old 1st December 2020, 06:51 AM   #47
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Disgraceful!
Quote Tweet

Melissa Tate #StopTheSteal
@TheRightMelissa
CNN’s BOMBSHELL report on Dominion Smartmatic software back when they had no vested interest to lie like they do now.

“Chavez was losing on election night & used Smartmatic to switch votes & won the next day” - Just like Biden RT!

Fake media preys on ignorance of how election process works

Certifications are just clerical & not legally binding.. in fact in order to legally file an election contest it has to have been certified 1st. So Arizona certification is just the 1st step in a soon to follow contest
Old 1st December 2020, 06:55 AM   #48
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Fake election results in Nevada, also!
Quote Tweet

NetworkinVegas.com
@Networkinvegas
Here is the fake Nevada parking garage hospital picture that our moron governor tweeted, proving it’s all a scam. No patients, folded up beds, wrapped up equipment that’s never been used! They spent millions on this scam and never seen a single patient in this fake hospital!

(picture in link)
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...71177005867008
Old 1st December 2020, 07:02 AM   #49
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Do something @BrianKempGA. You allowed your state to be scammed. We must check signatures and count signed envelopes against ballots. Then call off election. It won’t be needed. We will all WIN!
Quote Tweet

Jim Hoft
@gatewaypundit
Dominion Voting Systems Moving Machines In Georgia Against Court Order? https://andmagazine.com/talk/2020/11...oting-systems/
Old 1st December 2020, 07:11 AM   #50
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Impossible result
We won Michigan by a lot!
Quote Tweet

The Epoch Times
@EpochTimes
“Dominion alone is responsible for the injection, or fabrication, of 290,000 illegal votes in Michigan, that must be disregarded.”
#Michigan: An expert witness for @SidneyPowell1 says there were 4 “physically impossible” spikes of about 385,000 #Ballots. https://theepochtimes.com/michigan-c...ign=digitalsub
Old 1st December 2020, 07:13 AM   #51
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Certifications are just clerical & not legally binding.. in fact in order to legally file an election contest it has to have been certified 1st. So Arizona certification is just the 1st step in a soon to follow contest
Did they just claim that the 40 or so lawsuits they've already filed were totally futile?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 07:19 AM   #52
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

A reply to the charges from Dominion Voting:

https://www.dominionvoting.com/domin...owell-charges/
Fast Eddie B is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 07:30 AM   #53
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
Catturd?
Yes the president of the USA is quoting someone called Cat Turd.
Old 1st December 2020, 07:38 AM   #54
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

It's either a damning indictment of the Trump Presidency or it's a reflection of how social media has "democritised" access to the President.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 07:45 AM   #55
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
It's either a damning indictment of the Trump Presidency or it's a reflection of how social media has "democritised" access to the President.
Why not both?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 07:54 AM   #56
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Trump now has as many flagged tweets as he does electoral college votes.

Dave

Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 07:56 AM   #57
Dave Rogers

DP

Last edited by Dave Rogers; 1st December 2020 at 07:57 AM.
Old 1st December 2020, 07:57 AM   #58
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
When he gets over 270 he becomes President of Twitter.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 08:07 AM   #59
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post

I like this part the best:

Quote:
Sidney Powell's wild and reckless allegations are not only demonstrably false, they have led to stalking, harassment, and death threats to Dominion employees. This criminal activity has been duly reported to the appropriate law enforcement agencies, and we intend to hold Ms. Powell, and those aiding and abetting her fraudulent actions, accountable for any harm that may occur as a result.
Old 1st December 2020, 08:09 AM   #60
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump is winning where it counts!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/01/p...day/index.html
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 08:13 AM   #61
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I like this part the best:
Hmmmm....."those aiding and abetting her fraudulent actions".

I wonder who they have in mind.

I foresee a trial in which tweets mentioning Dominion are used as evidence.
Old 1st December 2020, 08:17 AM   #62
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I would have also pointed out that the Trump's "landscaping and legal team" doesn't seem to have a problem with Dominion in states where Trump won.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 08:21 AM   #63
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
Hmmmm....."those aiding and abetting her fraudulent actions".

I wonder who they have in mind.

I foresee a trial in which tweets mentioning Dominion are used as evidence.
I think in January he's going to learn what real lawsuits look like.
Old 1st December 2020, 09:21 AM   #64
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Do quartered bodies become zombies in the Walking Dead?
I thought that was the point of quartering.

They were already dead, but IIRC the doctrine was that for bodily resurrection, one needed the skull and a long bone at least.

So hanging, drawing and quartering meant that they couldn't have eternal life
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 09:39 AM   #65
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I thought that was the point of quartering.

They were already dead, but IIRC the doctrine was that for bodily resurrection, one needed the skull and a long bone at least.

So hanging, drawing and quartering meant that they couldn't have eternal life
Never heard that one before.

I always got the impression it was just being very, very, mean. From what documents I've read, it was all about causing as much pain as possible, while completely dehumanizing the person. The idea was that they weren't just killed, but erased, not even leaving an intact body with the dismemberment beginning when they are still alive to see it.
Old 1st December 2020, 10:31 AM   #66
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Never heard that one before.

I always got the impression it was just being very, very, mean. From what documents I've read, it was all about causing as much pain as possible, while completely dehumanizing the person. The idea was that they weren't just killed, but erased, not even leaving an intact body with the dismemberment beginning when they are still alive to see it.
I think it depends on the culture. Some early cultures (Egyptians come in mind) assumed that you needed some form of intact body for the afterlife, so destroying somebody's body deprived them of that, or, perhaps worse, condemned them to eternity in a broken body.

In Christian culture, I must assume that the condition of the corpse is irrelevant for the afterlife, so the various kinds of mutilation, burning, etc. was merely to cause horror and suffering (and, probably, to entertain the masses).

Hans
Old 1st December 2020, 10:41 AM   #67
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
They are allowed to put in their proof. The Trump campaign simply has not done so. Powell did. Hundreds of pages of affidavits and so on. But Trump kicked her to the curb before doing that. If Trump wants to file a big beautiful lawsuit with hundreds of affidavits and other things, there is nothing stopping him. He has had almost a month to do so.
I don't know why Trump bothered firing Powell. She is the one doing what her de facto client wants. Giuliani meanwhile has been sitting on all the fraud evidence, but maybe that's part of the plan. Wait until the results are certified, then launch another round of litigation filed in the right court on behalf of the right client that reflects the mountains of evidence that Trump says exists.

Time will tell.

The campaign is still hitting me up for money daily, from an ever-morphing list of area codes (all with the same message). I wonder how that even works.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 10:45 AM   #68
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I don't know why Trump bothered firing Powell. She is the one doing what her de facto client wants. Giuliani meanwhile has been sitting on all the fraud evidence, but maybe that's part of the plan. Wait until the results are certified, then launch another round of litigation filed in the right court on behalf of the right client that reflects the mountains of evidence that Trump says exists.

Time will tell.

The campaign is still hitting me up for money daily, from an ever-morphing list of area codes (all with the same message). I wonder how that even works.
Well, there are no doubt programs for that.

I wonder if it would bother them if a lot of people kept donating, say, ten cents, on each request. Could it swamp their system?

Hans
Old 1st December 2020, 10:53 AM   #69
RolandRat
Muse

Trump Tweets

Fake media preys on ignorance of how election process works
It's kinda funny how he points out exactly what he is doing but his supporters ignore it.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 10:55 AM   #70
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

I do think Dominion is an ominous-sounding name for a company that sells election software. It has a totalitarian feel to it. ClearVote or something might be better. Something bland and transparent-sounding.

What if all this was handled in a much simpler way? Voting on paper ballots with machines doing only the counting and sorting of all the different bubbles. States test every child of school age this way at least once a year. Although last time I was involved they did seen to be moving to an all-online system that would not generate a paper trail. I've lost track of how the craze for nationwide standardized testing is faring.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 11:00 AM   #71
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Yep. That was the one flaw in the whole election-stealing plan. Nobody expected President Chuckles to loudly and repeatedly complain when something didn’t go his way.
That and not stealing the Senate as well
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 11:05 AM   #72
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I do think Dominion is an ominous-sounding name for a company that sells election software. It has a totalitarian feel to it. ClearVote or something might be better. Something bland and transparent-sounding.

What if all this was handled in a much simpler way? Voting on paper ballots with machines doing only the counting and sorting of all the different bubbles. States test every child of school age this way at least once a year. Although last time I was involved they did seen to be moving to an all-online system that would not generate a paper trail. I've lost track of how the craze for nationwide standardized testing is faring.
That's what we do in Michigan. I've voted using punch cards, and by filling in ovals, and by connecting broken arrows, but no electricity was ever required in the voting booth.

I think the benefit of the electronic machines as part of actually casting the ballot is that it reduces the number of unreadable or incorrectly marked ballots. If you tell people to fill in an oval, some people will put a check mark in it instead. Some people will put an X. Does that mean they are marking it, or crossing it out?
Old 1st December 2020, 11:06 AM   #73
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

FYI: a lot of people are tweeting a woman who said michigan military ballots looked Xerox copies.

It took me all of 10 minutes to confirm absentee military can print a ballot.

https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,...1653--,00.html
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 11:07 AM   #74
Paul2
Philosopher

Does anyone know the procedure for filing a complaint with the American Bar Association?

Edited to add: Apparently one makes the complaint to the state board the attorney practices in.

https://www.lawyers.com/legal-info/r...iolations.html

I just filed my complaint to the DC Bar:

“I feel that calling for Chris Krebs, fired Election Security Chief, to be “drawn and quartered” and “taken out and shot” is language unbecoming any licensed attorney and that discipline is called for.”

Perhaps multiple complaints might get someone’s attention.
If DeGenova was not acting in his professional capacity when he made the comments, the state bar might not have anything to do with it?

Aristotle, so far as I know, was the first man to proclaim explicitly that man is a rational animal. His reason for this view was one which does not now seem very impressive: it was, that some people can do sums. - Bertrand Russell
Paul2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 11:09 AM   #75
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Well, there are no doubt programs for that.

I wonder if it would bother them if a lot of people kept donating, say, ten cents, on each request. Could it swamp their system?

Hans
I'd be tempted to try, but first I'd have to get a separate debit card loaded only with a few bucks - no way I am giving out my real info to these clowns. I don't even like to go to websites where purported evidence is available. Otherwise I would follow up more with debunking. Every time someone says "do your own research" and I plug some terms into Google I get a lot of obscure blogs that for all I know are hacking fronts based in former Soviet republics, measuring my gullibility and willingness to follow further dubious links.

It always seems funny to me that some people don't see that any bit of "evidence" posted online is evidence of only one thing - that someone has posted it online. It's not primary research or anything. I do attribute more credibility to legit news sites but even that's not ironclad. I've seen plenty of evidence of bias on news sites. But it does seem to be based on underlying, little-disputed facts. It's not just a giant black rabbit hole like much of the Internet.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:17 AM   #76
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
In Trump's last days apparently cruelty relieves his stress:

Trump loosens US execution rules, allowing poison gas, firing squads
I'm morally against capital punishment, but I don't see an issue with firing squad as a method of execution. It would seem to be a quick and painless way of killing someone, more humane than electrocution I would say.
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2020, 11:18 AM   #77
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

That's what we do in Michigan. I've voted using punch cards, and by filling in ovals, and by connecting broken arrows, but no electricity was ever required in the voting booth.

I think the benefit of the electronic machines as part of actually casting the ballot is that it reduces the number of unreadable or incorrectly marked ballots. If you tell people to fill in an oval, some people will put a check mark in it instead. Some people will put an X. Does that mean they are marking it, or crossing it out?
Maybe, but we are conditioned from early childhood to fill in freakin' bubbles. So much that at first I assumed I should use the famed No. 2 pencil for my ballot. Then I read the instructions and it called for blue or black ink, which does make more sense.

My state may have the same protocol as yours.

I've noticed that even in ubiquitous school-based testing, the results still take a few weeks even when there is no "performance" problem that has to be manually graded. So even though one test can be graded pretty much instantly, grading millions of tests still takes a good long while.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:19 AM   #78
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Impossible result
We won Michigan by a lot!
Quote Tweet

The Epoch Times
@EpochTimes
“Dominion alone is responsible for the injection, or fabrication, of 290,000 illegal votes in Michigan, that must be disregarded.”
#Michigan: An expert witness for @SidneyPowell1 says there were 4 “physically impossible” spikes of about 385,000 #Ballots. https://theepochtimes.com/michigan-c...ign=digitalsub
And Falun Gong!
Old 1st December 2020, 11:27 AM   #79
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
I think it depends on the culture. Some early cultures (Egyptians come in mind) assumed that you needed some form of intact body for the afterlife, so destroying somebody's body deprived them of that, or, perhaps worse, condemned them to eternity in a broken body.

In Christian culture, I must assume that the condition of the corpse is irrelevant for the afterlife, so the various kinds of mutilation, burning, etc. was merely to cause horror and suffering (and, probably, to entertain the masses).

Hans
Not at all, it’s only comparatively recently that cremation has become acceptable in many Christian denominations.
Old 1st December 2020, 11:30 AM   #80
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
I'm morally against capital punishment, but I don't see an issue with firing squad as a method of execution. It would seem to be a quick and painless way of killing someone, more humane than electrocution I would say.
My theory is that we as a society go through a convoluted series of motions to obscure the fact that we are actually killing people. While I don't condone torture I'm not sure the fact that a given method may hurt is so awful - it is called "punishment" after all. They were never promised euthanasia.

The guillotine would be pretty good I'd think but then you have to wonder if the head is conscious and actually thinking something.

I'm against capital punishment mostly on principle, yet there are federal executions I wouldn't go to the mat to stop. Timothy McVeigh's, for example. But most of the guys on federal death row don't fit that description. No matter how horribly they killed someone, we're still putting to death old men we've kept alive for 40 years just because the political climate changed, and that seems grotesque.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories