IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 911 conspiracy theory , thermite , wtc1 , wtc2

Closed Thread
Old 10th April 2009, 06:28 AM   #1561
metamars
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
What sort of numpty is Jones? The man cannot even read a simple request. I don't give a flying <rule> what the paint was used on I want to know what it is. Manufacturers data sheet?

It's plainly obvious that he is dishonest when he pulls crap like that. Knowing Jones they probably had a wonder over to the stadium and peeled a bit of paint off.

This thread has run it's course as far as I'm concerned, because it's become infected with the crazy and good posts are lost in the sea of ever deepening rubbish. Time to go elsewhere.
Since you have claimed to have identified some of the constituents of the chips, with great certainty, I should think that producing similar SEM, etc., should be quite easy for you, even without knowing the exact type of paint. You said

Quote:
Bearing in mind I have shown beyond any reasonable doubt that samples a-d are hematite and red paint
(emphasis mine)

You didn't specify any particular type of red paint, implying that there should be multiple types of red paint that will look just like Jones' "paint chips". Indeed, perhaps you were implying that all paint chips consisting of red paint and primer would look like Jones', upon close examination. Were you?

Furthermore, you (or somebody else) could call BYU maintenance, and ask them about the stadium paint. I completely agree that Jones, et. al., should have identified it clearly, in their paper, but they didn't.

I have to wonder if, in fact, you are basically guessing re Jones' chips. Were you perhaps exaggerating, and instead you merely suspect, or believe wholeheartedly, that a small minority of red paint chip varieties will look like Jones' sample, and thus you will have to make many batches before you can re-create the Jones' type? Are you afraid of having to make many types of red paint chip before you hit the right one?

Perhaps Mackey's comment pooh-poohing the notion of the grey layer being "primer" has caused you to doubt?

Recall Mackey's words:

Quote:
I surmise that the magnetic effects have nothing to do with hematite or aluminum, but are instead are caused by pure iron, due to flakes of the steel columns themselves (or some other incidental source of iron) stuck to the paint fragments. Rust layers and spall matches this effect perfectly.
Would you be so kind as to comment on this? Also, is it too much to ask that you also show us some detailed pictures of "Rust layers and spall" stuck to red paint? The Jones' pictures show relatively even layers, but I am suspicious about rusty paint chips being anywhere near this even. You could help settle the matter by also producing SEMs of rusty paint chips.
metamars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 06:34 AM   #1562
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Nah they want "THE TRUTH".
We all want the Truth and it looks like we are starting to get it- finally.

Last edited by bill smith; 10th April 2009 at 07:04 AM.
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 06:48 AM   #1563
BigAl
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bill smith View Post
I wonder if mark Basile became a member of Scholars for Truth AFTER he analsyed Stephen Jones's samples ? It would be very telling if he had not been a member before he saw the samples but became a member after he had analysed them..
If the test had been done properly, there would be no identification associated with it and Basile wouldn't have a clue as to where the sample came from or what organization to join based on what the tests showed.
Dept of Redundancy Dept.
BigAl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 06:48 AM   #1564
nicepants
Graduate Poster

Exclamation Junk Science

Originally Posted by metamars View Post
Professor Jones replied:
Quote:
We used an epoxy paint used to paint the stadium at BYU, supposing
that to be relatively resistant to solvent attack.
He has thus shown that the chips in the WTC dust were not from the BYU stadium. Color me shocked.
Old 10th April 2009, 07:01 AM   #1565
bill smith
Philosopher

Suppose we had to stop considering the paint as an alternative for the thermite chips ? Is that it then ? Does that mean that the Jones paper becomes the autoritative work on the WTC dust- meaning , as it does that 9/11 was an inside job ?
bill smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:06 AM   #1566
MikeW
Graduate Poster

I wonder if mark Basile became a member of Scholars for Truth AFTER he analsyed Stephen Jones's samples ? It would be very telling if he had not been a member before he saw the samples but became a member after he had analysed them..
Archive.org has Basile on the list at February 19th 2007. That's their first record of the page, so he may have been a member for longer.
MikeW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:07 AM   #1567
phunk
Illuminator

Big Oops.

I thought about this some more, and realized that my 1/4,000 figure is way off. First of all, 200 * 200 is 40,000.

Secondly, the intensity is in units of energy / time * area. If you pick your units such that you 200 m = 1 metamars (to make up a cool name for a unit of length), if you follow my spurious logic for calculating relative intensity, clearly something is wrong, as you would get the same value.

What I had done was calculated the relative intensity at 200 m vs. 1 m. But a 2 mm chip will have a dropoff more like

(.002)^2 / 200^2 = .000004 / 40000 = 0.0000000001

or 1 / 10,000,000,000
Your math is clearly flawed, or I wouldn't be able to see individual welders working on the new buildings near ground zero from several miles away in NJ. By your math, the light from the welding would be trillions of times less intense at that distance.

As we've already clearly established, the chip that jones examined is way to thin to have done anything at all to a column. The magic thermite would have to be layed on much thicker, and as such there would be larger chunks than 2mm knocked off the columns in the impact. I stand by my idea that we'd see lots of them blasted out and ignited by the impact if there was enough to do any damage to the columns and it could be ignited at 430C.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:09 AM   #1568
bill smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeW View Post
Archive.org has Basile on the list at February 19th 2007. That's their first record of the page, so he may have been a member for longer.
Not very smart of Steven Jones to get somebody so close to do the analsys then.

Last edited by bill smith; 10th April 2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10th April 2009, 07:09 AM   #1569
phunk
Illuminator

You didn't specify any particular type of red paint, implying that there should be multiple types of red paint that will look just like Jones' "paint chips". Indeed, perhaps you were implying that all paint chips consisting of red paint and primer would look like Jones', upon close examination. Were you?
But you're missing the point. He shouldn't have to specify, had Jones' paper been any good, it would have specified EXACTLY what was used, and how everything else was ruled out. It didn't, and that's one of the many reasons the paper is a failure.
phunk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:22 AM   #1570
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by KreeL View Post
Since you would not believe me if I told you....I suggest you google it and find out for yourself. It's a rewarding experience to gain knowledge through your own research.
Welcome to the truther version of 'A Wizard Did It'.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:24 AM   #1571
Pardalis
Banned

My guess is that several posters could add a couple pages if they would care to tell us how cognitive dissonance feels right now.

This is explosive stuff (no pun intended).
Let's just wait and see if Jones' "findings" resonate in the real scientific community.

Be careful not to get too ahead of yourselves, that's a pretty big matzo ball hanging out there.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:27 AM   #1572
metamars
Graduate Poster

Suppose we had to stop considering the paint as an alternative for the thermite chips ? Is that it then ? Does that mean that the Jones paper becomes the autoritative work on the WTC dust- meaning , as it does that 9/11 was an inside job ?
I think you mean "authoritative work on the WTC red/gray chips". (Certainly, it's subject isn't even the dust, as a whole, so how could it be authoritative?)

In this layman's opinion, there are far too many questions to consider the Jones, et. al., paper authoritative. E.g., the screamingly obvious question of whether or not you can create Al/Si in platelet form. I leave it to domain experts to tell us whether the test used by Jones, et. al., is foolproof for identifying elemental Al. If it is, then it's probably academic as to whether or not the methodology to create Al/Si in platelet form can be determined.

Notice that I used the word "probably", in the last sentence. These sort of issues should be debated by domain experts, not "truthers" and "debunkers". If "truthers" and "debunkers" want to entertain themselves, fine, but as you can see from this thread, e.g., it's not very enlightening.

I repeat what I've said before: 911 truthers are fools if they go running to debunkers, media, or government, at the expense of taking this paper to domain experts. And domain experts are not going to pay any attention to the paper, unless they are directed there. The Bentham Journal that this paper was published in has only been around for less than 2 years. I expect that only a tiny fraction of the scientific community reads it "regularly". In it's less than 2 years of existence, there's only 12 articles.

If the paper holds up, then it's fine to try and push it further to government and media. If it doesn't hold up, why would any reasonable and honest person want to push forward something that's a mistake, in the name of "truth"?

(Another possibility is that the paper will simply be considered doubtful, with insufficient evidence to convince a community of domain experts, who are paying attention to it, one way or the other.)
metamars is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:30 AM   #1573
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by Scientiae Confidimus View Post
Partial translation of interview with Niels Harrit, regarding the Bentham paper.

1:02 Interviewer: What are those chips?

1:04 Niels Harrit: Its nanothermite. That is a, let me take the last part of
the word first. A thermite is a chemical expression for compound that is
pulverized aluminum and rust, pulverized rust. Its an old invention from
1893 and if you can get the compound to react, then it develops an
enormous amount of heat. 2500 degree. Iron is formed in the process
and the hot iron, you can use to melt other iron, you can also use it to
weld railroad tracks.

An old fashion thermite, it develops heat, but in a nanothermite, the
particles are so small and they react with each other so fast that it
beings to reassemble, or it becomes an explosive. You also have the
opportunity to mix other components in, it is more complicated than
just iron and rust, there is more things in it, that makes it an explosive.

2:19 Interviewer: We are going to watch a clip. What are we going to watch?

2:23 Niels Harrit: We going to watch the collapse of the north tower.
Where you can see the explosions directly.
It's like a mushroom cloud everything, is ejected up in the
air.
There is some of those 30 tons steel beam that is ejected
110m away.
There is some of those explosions that is ejected out of
the window, that has speeds of 100 mph.

3:10 Clip of the collapse of the north tower is showed and yellow arrows point to “scribs” below the crush zone.

3:24 Niels Harrit: Ok, the issue about ejection up in the air, pay attention to
the fragments, it is giant steel beams we talking about.
They are ejected up in the air in some large,
it's called parabolic, arch formed, trajectories.

3:34 Interviewer: There was two yellow arrows that indicated
something below the crush zone?

3:39 Niels Harrit: It is obvious explosions, that are set off to early, its
complicated business these things. They (The
scribs/puffs) are well below the crush zone.
The argument where you imagine that the puffs coming
out from the side should be caused by the collapsing floors
are clearly disproved by those yellow arrows.

3:59 Interviewer:If there is some that think, that those that believe in this
are very crazy, can you understand this?

4:04 Niels Harrit: Hehe, If we going to look at what happened. then there
has been a crime, ok?, there is 3000 people that died that
day and there has never been a judicial investigation, police
investigation of that event.
There has never been any evidence presented, there is no
one charged in this case. The police, FBI has
not charged anybody. Nobody is wanted, so i do not know
who is the crazy?

Source:
URL:---.youtube.com/watch?v=nP810ssxyo4

Regards
Scientiae Confidimus
The bolded parts are not about the "Bentham paper". It's pure unscientific and unsubstanciated speculation, that has nothing to do with thermite.

See, their paper isn't about the samples, it's about validating anyway possible their crazy controlled demolition theory. These guys are not scientists, they're ideologues, they have a political agenda to push.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 07:44 AM   #1574
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Quite the contrary. You believe that an office fire is more devastating to structural steel than thermate. What room at the asylum are you living in again?
Here it is Kreel. Specify the amount of thermite used because there is zero evidence of any thermite used on any steel at the WTC; it would stand out. Thermite was made up by Jones and it is the dumbest ideas since beam weapons and nukes used to bring down the WTC. So you picked the dumbest idea to use for your idiotic delusion. How dumb does the idea have to be for you to fall for it?

Next please tell us the amount used. The office fire is bigger and even the jet fuel is bigger. But you failed to do the work to understand 911. Failure is the paper and your ideas on 911 because you canít tell me how much thermite was used and all the idiotic scenarios by 911Truth Hoffman and Jones are brain dead stupid. And you canít explain any real scenario or amount, or the heat in joules released by your failed brain-dead thermite stupid scenario. Zero ability to do the math or specify the amount of thermite used. Office fires have more heat energy; and you canít figure it out. Why? You failed to gain and education in over 7 years? You donít think for yourself but you post lies, hearsay, failed opinions and fantasy.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 08:01 AM   #1575
Pardalis
Banned

And domain experts are not going to pay any attention to the paper, unless they are directed there. The Bentham Journal that this paper was published in has only been around for less than 2 years. I expect that only a tiny fraction of the scientific community reads it "regularly". In it's less than 2 years of existence, there's only 12 articles.
Maybe the best way to get "attention" would be to publish in a better peer-review journal?
Old 10th April 2009, 08:23 AM   #1576
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Sunstealer View Post
I've alluded to the magnetism of different oxide layers or products before, so search hematite, maghemite and my name and you'll get the post in this thread.

With Jones' chips it's slightly more difficult, because we can't see the underside of the "gray layer".
That seems to be another issue Jones has left open, then. If Marseille's analysis is really the same as Jones', I'd guess the chips are from the same source , so it would be odd if Jones' chips didn't also have the metal crystals on the bottom -- especially since that would explain why all the chips could be collected with a magnet. If Jones' chips DO have metal crystals hanging on them, that would a "curious" omission from the paper, wouldn't it.

I still think we could cut to the chase if someone could get some paint samples from the actual WTC steel, if there are still some in that hanger at JFK.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 09:13 AM   #1577
A W Smith
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MikeW View Post

Jonesie mentioned sending the samples to an "Independent lab" on December of 2007 on 911blogger. ten months after it is documented that Basile had joined his little fantasy role playing club.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 09:16 AM   #1578
Pardalis
Banned

The truthers' interpretation of "peer" is "another truther".
Old 10th April 2009, 09:44 AM   #1579
roundhead
Banned

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
The truthers' interpretation of "peer" is "another truther".

And liar's definition of peer is another liar.....

Whats your point?
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 09:46 AM   #1580
alienentity
Illuminator

Hi fellas,

Couple of questions:

1) anyone know what the ignition temp for ordinary paint flakes might be?
2) Is there any documentation to show that real thermite can be engineered to ignite at 430c?
3) don't explosives have to be specially shaped into cutting charges in order to blast thru steel columns? I fail to see a single scrap of real-world data that suggests a 'painted on' layer of combustible material can destroy steel.... isn't this an outrageous assumption?
4) Do common paints contain 'nano' engineered materials?

ps Jones at least gave a clue about the paint they used as a control. We know for a fact now that there WASN'T a sincere attempt to match it to WTC paints, nor to determine the composition of WTC paints, before and after fires, in order to eliminate them as a source of the grey/red chips.

All that needs to be done then, is for an independent lab to get hold of some WTC paint chips and look at the composition. Any suggestions for how this might be accomplished?

Last edited by alienentity; 10th April 2009 at 09:47 AM.
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 10:00 AM   #1581
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
....3) don't explosives have to be specially shaped into cutting charges in order to blast thru steel columns? ...
No but it helps and to cut larger members it is almost essential. (Bold assertion based on military engineering training)
Quote:
....I fail to see a single scrap of real-world data that suggests a 'painted on' layer of combustible material can destroy steel.... isn't this an outrageous assumption?....
.. no doubt it is outrageous (or worse!! ) if the inference is it would work at the scale of WTC steel members.

In terms of the question "Demolition or not at WTC?" this whole thread is a derail/red herring. AFAIK there is no extant formed hypothesis as to how therm*te could be used in a demolition scheme which would be consistent with what happened at WTC on 9/11. So the legitimate role of this thread is to discuss therm*te from a hypothetical scientific perspective with no inferences that it is relevant to the WTC "collapses that actually happened".

Last edited by ozeco41; 10th April 2009 at 10:01 AM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 10:07 AM   #1582
alienentity
Illuminator

If the Jones team were a private company, claiming to have a technology which could perform 'X' (in this case, it seems to be destroy structural steel with thinly painted on material) wouldn't a potential investor want to see some proof?
Wouldn't they need to demonstrate the technology actually working?

Or is this more in the realm of, say, cold fusion research, where the idea is to explore, and get government grants and university funding for more research?

I believe Jones, by saying 'we have nailed it!' is giving a false impression that they've demonstrated the proposed technology actually works. It would be honest to say, Dr. Jones, that you have taken but a tiny step in a long, long process to determine whether the technology could ever work.

From an investor's POV, you're a long shot at best sir. I think I'd rather invest in cold fusion....
alienentity is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 10:19 AM   #1583
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alienentity View Post
If the Jones team were a private company, claiming to have a technology which could perform 'X' (in this case, it seems to be destroy structural steel with thinly painted on material) wouldn't a potential investor want to see some proof?
Wouldn't they need to demonstrate the technology actually working?

Or is this more in the realm of, say, cold fusion research, where the idea is to explore, and get government grants and university funding for more research?

I believe Jones, by saying 'we have nailed it!' is giving a false impression that they've demonstrated the proposed technology actually works. It would be honest to say, Dr. Jones, that you have taken but a tiny step in a long, long process to determine whether the technology could ever work.

From an investor's POV, you're a long shot at best sir. I think I'd rather invest in cold fusion....
...nhah...

Put your money on the horses if that desperate.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 10:26 AM   #1584
metamars
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Your math is clearly flawed, or I wouldn't be able to see individual welders working on the new buildings near ground zero from several miles away in NJ. By your math, the light from the welding would be trillions of times less intense at that distance.
Is my math flawed, or is your knowledge of physics non-existent? The area of a sphere if 4 * pi * r^2. If Em radiation is moving at a constant rate outwards, at the speed of light, and the energy in each wavefront is considered constant (from conservation of energy, plus symmetry considerations), then how can the power per unit area not drop off as 1/r^2 ?

If you think I punched in values for R(2 mm)^2 and R(200 m)^2 incorrectly, why don't you try it with your own calculator?

Quote:
As we've already clearly established, the chip that jones examined is way to thin to have done anything at all to a column. The magic thermite would have to be layed on much thicker, and as such there would be larger chunks than 2mm knocked off the columns in the impact.
Ya think?

Quote:
I stand by my idea that we'd see lots of them blasted out and ignited by the impact if there was enough to do any damage to the columns and it could be ignited at 430C.
Are we supposed to be impressed by this? I can tell that you won't lift a finger to do a single calculation to support your idea.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:37 AM   #1585
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

... calculation to support your idea.
You have that super program to calculate some number but you failed too? Where is your total termite needed and joules to destroy the WTC? You got a program to do it, what numbers did you come up with?

So do you support the delusion paper of thermite made up by Jones as reality? Or do you support that impact, fire, and gravity collapse destroyed the WTC?

What is your stand on the selective element study of Jones and his conclusion that it was thermite, not just some rust and aluminum found in sample of debris that is like other fire debris at other fires?

A selective study done to support the finding of rust and Al in debris with a nut case conclusions implying the scenario of thermite being planted in the WTC to bring down the WTC. A delusion? Do you support this or what is your great scenario? You got anything beside jibber jabber and claims of some great program that can show the amount of thermite needed and the heat in joules that you can't show?

That is right, now you are just concentrating on WTC that burned a long time and fell due to gravity as your smoke and mirror 911Truth dumb idea.

But what is your take on the delusional thermite scenario that Jones supports? You said you could define the amount needed and the joules of heat requried but you will not do it; why?
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 10:46 AM   #1586
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by roundhead View Post
And liar's definition of peer is another liar.....
Meaningless. Don't try it if you haven't got it.
Old 10th April 2009, 10:54 AM   #1587
bill smith
Philosopher

I think you mean "authoritative work on the WTC red/gray chips". (Certainly, it's subject isn't even the dust, as a whole, so how could it be authoritative?)

In this layman's opinion, there are far too many questions to consider the Jones, et. al., paper authoritative. E.g., the screamingly obvious question of whether or not you can create Al/Si in platelet form. I leave it to domain experts to tell us whether the test used by Jones, et. al., is foolproof for identifying elemental Al. If it is, then it's probably academic as to whether or not the methodology to create Al/Si in platelet form can be determined.

Notice that I used the word "probably", in the last sentence. These sort of issues should be debated by domain experts, not "truthers" and "debunkers". If "truthers" and "debunkers" want to entertain themselves, fine, but as you can see from this thread, e.g., it's not very enlightening.

I repeat what I've said before: 911 truthers are fools if they go running to debunkers, media, or government, at the expense of taking this paper to domain experts. And domain experts are not going to pay any attention to the paper, unless they are directed there. The Bentham Journal that this paper was published in has only been around for less than 2 years. I expect that only a tiny fraction of the scientific community reads it "regularly". In it's less than 2 years of existence, there's only 12 articles.

If the paper holds up, then it's fine to try and push it further to government and media. If it doesn't hold up, why would any reasonable and honest person want to push forward something that's a mistake, in the name of "truth"?

(Another possibility is that the paper will simply be considered doubtful, with insufficient evidence to convince a community of domain experts, who are paying attention to it, one way or the other.)
It's true that there are questions but three that stand out in my opinion. Is there a nano-thermite present ? Is this a highly engineered example of a nano product ? Is it possible that this highly engineered product could have been n the WTC dust on 9/11 in an explainable way?

If the paper holds up then that means that 9/11 was an inside job- no less than that. After that it just depends on whether people actually WANT to know or not.

Last edited by bill smith; 10th April 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 10th April 2009, 11:01 AM   #1588
Pardalis
Banned

If the paper holds up then that means hat 9/11 was an inside job- no less than that. After that it just depends on whether people actually WANT to know or not.
There's no way something like that will go unnoticed. So Jones has set himself up to change the world, no matter what.

Big motza ball...
Old 10th April 2009, 11:08 AM   #1589
ozeco41
Philosopher

It's true tht there are questions but three that stand out in my opinion. Is there anano-thermite present ? Is this a highly engineered example of a nano product ? Is it possible that this highly engineered product could have been n the WTC dust on 9/11 in an eplainable way? ...
CARE TO FILL IN THIS GREAT BIG QUANTUM LEAP OF A FALSE DICHOTOMY BILL?

Quote:
If the paper holds up then that means hat 9/11 was an inside job- no less than that. After that it just depends on whether people actually WANT to know or not.
Irrespective of whether Jones "proves" thermate or not there is no way that thermate played a significant part in assisting the "collapses which actually happened" at WTC.

Sure there is potential to use it in hypothetical scenarios but no one has put forward any workable suggestion as to how it could have been used in the actual collapse.

There is, AFAICS, only one small "window of opportunity" where rebuttal of claims of thermate use depend on statistical improbability. I will even tell you what it is. It is the use of thermate in the impact zone to cut the lower chords of floor joists. It would have to be after the crash impact so needs a team of suicide terrorists to do it.

All other possible uses in the "collapse that actually happened" can be rebutted by evidence which does not rely on improbability.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:09 PM   #1590
KreeL
Muse

The question is much simpler than this. How much was required, how it was applied, what it achieved -- are all subjective. The substantiated FINDING of nano-thermite is damning enough. Arson has been proved.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:10 PM   #1591
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by A W Smith View Post
Jonesie mentioned sending the samples to an "Independent lab" on December of 2007 on 911blogger. ten months after it is documented that Basile had joined his little fantasy role playing club.
Well there you have it. Jones lies once again. There is nothing independent about having other truther "scientists" verify your results.

Why am I not surprised?

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 12:12 PM   #1592
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

The question is much simpler than this. How much was required, how it was applied, what it achieved -- are all subjective. The substantiated FINDING of nano-thermite is damning enough. Arson has been proved.

Sorry, Wrong!!!

TAM
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 12:21 PM   #1593
KreeL
Muse

There are currently other labs and scientists testing the samples.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, eh TAM?
Old 10th April 2009, 12:28 PM   #1594
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post

Sorry, Wrong!!!

TAM
At the WTC we have 10 terrorists in two planes killing 4 pilots and flying their jets into the largest buildings in NYC with 66,000 pounds of jet fuel with the heat energy of 630 TONS of TNT and the 911Truth cult members says arson was done by super thermite which was made up by a physics prof with brain cancer published in a vanity journal?

Yes it was arson and kinetic energy impacts that doomed the WTC, but the super thermite is a delusion. Poor dolts canít see fraud when it is clearly made up junk.

The terrorist act is too simple for simple cult members of 911Truth to grasp. Kill pilots, fly planes into large buildings. Too complex for 911Truth?

Jones made it up! 911Truth believers are too lazy to research and they are too blind by lack of knowledge to see Jones is a fraud.

Ignorance is bliss for 911Truth cult member chanting ďsuper thermiteĒ. What incompetence display by those simply buying and regurgitating the junk science of Jones who found rust and Al as he excluded all the other elements found and ignore the fact not one single piece of steel in the WTC showed any thermite damage. Zip. Good work 911Truth cult members; total lack of self-esteem and zero knowledge on 911 leads to delusional beliefs.

Last edited by beachnut; 10th April 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10th April 2009, 12:36 PM   #1595
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

just remember all that you are saying when all is said and done Kreel, cause looking like a jackass will be a bigger bitch for you son. You know this is all gonna turn out to be crap, just like all the other "scientific" garbage the truther "scientists" put out.

Just remember.

TAM
Old 10th April 2009, 12:37 PM   #1596
bill smith
Philosopher

I was wondering if Dr. Jones and Kevin Ryan would do it this way. The drip-drip-drip of one credentialled scientist after another confirming their findings will be devastating for the government story. This way it's not a story that comes and goes....it's ongoing and damning and puts the major media under steadily increasing pressure to pick up on the story which will be the final decapitating blow. Truthers may be on all the talk shows soon..

Last edited by bill smith; 10th April 2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10th April 2009, 12:40 PM   #1597
roundhead
Banned

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
At the WTC we have 10 terrorists in two planes killing 4 pilots and flying their jets into the largest buildings in NYC with 66,000 pounds of jet fuel with the heat energy of 630 TONS of TNT and the 911Truth cult members says arson was done by super thermite which was made up by a physics prof with brain cancer published in a vanity journal?

Yes it was arson and kinetic energy impacts that doomed the WTC, but the super thermite is a delusion. Poor dolts canít see fraud when it is clearly made up junk.

The terrorist act is too simple for simple cult members of 911Truth to grasp. Kill pilots, fly planes into large buildings. Too complex for 911Truth?

Jones made it up! 911Truth believers are too lazy to research and they are too blind by lack of knowledge to see Jones is a fraud.

Ignorance is bliss for 911Truth cult member chanting ďsuper thermiteĒ. What incompetence display by those simply buying and regurgitating the junk science of Jones who found rust and Al as he excluded all the other elements found and ignore the fact not one single piece of steel in the WTC showed any thermite damage. Zip. Good work 911Truth cult members; total lack of self-esteem and zero knowledge on 911 leads to delusional beliefs.

a good bit of that questionable amount of jet fuel burned up outside the towers. Watch video much????????????
roundhead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 12:43 PM   #1598
A W Smith
Philosopher

Is my math flawed, or is your knowledge of physics non-existent? The area of a sphere if 4 * pi * r^2. If Em radiation is moving at a constant rate outwards, at the speed of light, and the energy in each wavefront is considered constant (from conservation of energy, plus symmetry considerations), then how can the power per unit area not drop off as 1/r^2 ?

If you think I punched in values for R(2 mm)^2 and R(200 m)^2 incorrectly, why don't you try it with your own calculator?

Ya think?

Are we supposed to be impressed by this? I can tell that you won't lift a finger to do a single calculation to support your idea.
How far away from a star do we have to be to no longer see it in the night sky then? Assuming these stars are spheres. Can you "punch in" those numbers for us Genius?
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Donít get me lolín off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 12:49 PM   #1599
The Platypus
Graduate Poster

I'm no expert, just a regular guy. But it seems that this all boils down too:

Some tiny flakes of possible thermite like material found in 4 samples of questionable origin. That are claimed to come from the massive dust cloud on 9/11. Which then sat around for years in drawers and cupboards, till one day they were sent to known 9/11 conspiracy theorists only. Who then claimed to find the flakes of possible thermite like material and then published this in a 2 year old, little known journal, with seriously questionable practices and that is pay for play.

Not only that but this now somehow totally proves that there really is an NWO evil organization, that really did 9/11 just to play games with our heads and is out to enslave and kill us all in FEMA camps, while they live forever with immortality technology, etc, etc. While countless numbers of other people are in on it or know about it and are paid to keep quiet.

This is what they are trying to sell to everyone...
The Platypus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th April 2009, 12:50 PM   #1600
KreeL
Muse

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post

The problem with your theory is you have no evidence backing it up. A simple part number off of one of the engines or landing gear assembly would go a long way in helping your statement seem a bit more believeable. Perhaps arab names on a manifest would help you out a bit also. In fact a simple picture from one of the many cams in the boarding lounge at Dulles showing some of your phantom 'hijackers' actually boarding a flight would be enormously helpful to your credibility. Pfft...talk about make believe crap - you believe whatever they tell you, eh TAM?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories