ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags alex jones , media criticism , Megyn Kelly

Old 16th June 2017, 06:46 AM   #41
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Post AJ has the documents ... it's all admitted!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 16th June 2017, 10:30 AM   #42
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
"I knew if I entered the labyrinth of the Gorgon of this modern-day Medusa..."

WTH? Who writes this stuff?
I can do better.

"I knew if I entered the fractal puzzle-palace of Nintendo pipes..."

"I knew if I entered the moist, twisty bowels of the she-beast..."

ETA: False Flag! False Flag!

Last edited by marplots; 16th June 2017 at 10:32 AM.
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2017, 10:55 AM   #43
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Well, Jones just proved he knows crap about Greek Mythlogy...

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2017, 06:55 AM   #44
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sts60 View Post
It's a sad commentary on the state of affairs in this country that we're giving that hateful wretch airtime instead of a straitjacket.
And how do you feel about Alex Jones?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2017, 07:51 PM   #45
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

This **** is not funny.
Old 19th June 2017, 01:22 AM   #46
Degeneve
Muse

Who did watch the interview and how was it ?

According to Politico Kelly has exposed Jones for what he is: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...x-jones-215279

Another opinion from Vox : https://www.vox.com/2017/6/18/158277...nobjectionable

And a third one : http://www.thedailybeast.com/megyn-k...ones-interview
Degeneve is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 04:48 AM   #47
Crazy Chainsaw
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Degeneve View Post
Who did watch the interview and how was it ?

According to Politico Kelly has exposed Jones for what he is: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...x-jones-215279

Another opinion from Vox : https://www.vox.com/2017/6/18/158277...nobjectionable

And a third one : http://www.thedailybeast.com/megyn-k...ones-interview
It doesn't matter you will not change the View of Alex Jones's nut job followers especially not the nut job in Chief in the White house.
Even if you caught him receiving dirrect payments from Putin, which I suspect is done though his many Russian trolls, in his Russian troll network.
To his American base of Idiots he will only be a martyr, and that only makes his position with them stronger.
Sorry for being a pessimist, but I have had experience with his nut job supporters first hand, in person.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 07:14 AM   #48
Praktik
Philosopher

So his lawyer in the custody trial didn't settle this then? Closer from the article:

"Does Alex Jones see himself as more of an informer or a performer? Maybe one day we’ll find out the answer."

I think maybe the question itself is the wrong one. Must anyone be one side of a binary equation, completely?

Perhaps he is both. I have no trouble believing him to be a True Believer - the fact he manipulates consciously, makes a profit and his celebrity off it, doesn't mean he hasn't rationalized all these things as still in-line with His Mission.

Why can't he be both?

I bet you many fortune tellers who manipulate their marks tell themselves great stories about how much they're "helping".
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 07:22 AM   #49
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

I found it to be pointless.
Old 19th June 2017, 07:49 AM   #50
Praktik
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
It doesn't matter you will not change the View of Alex Jones's nut job followers especially not the nut job in Chief in the White house.
Even if you caught him receiving dirrect payments from Putin, which I suspect is done though his many Russian trolls, in his Russian troll network.
To his American base of Idiots he will only be a martyr, and that only makes his position with them stronger.
Sorry for being a pessimist, but I have had experience with his nut job supporters first hand, in person.
Ya you'll never convince them of anything. Maybe the place to work is on preventing new clients.

Seems to be working with Scientology - maybe one day we can get there?

AS you do, I fear this may have only made things worse not better.
“ it has become my conviction that things mean pretty much what we want them to mean. We’ll pluck significance from the least consequential happenstance if it suits us and happily ignore the most flagrantly obvious symmetry between separate aspects of our lives if it threatens some cherished prejudice or cosily comforting belief"
-Iain Banks
Praktik is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 09:31 AM   #51
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Who did watch the interview

3.5 million people did. AJ's "exposure" video of Kelly's methods I've posted has 1.5 million views now.
Old 19th June 2017, 10:16 AM   #52
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
,Even putting aside the "I cannot tell a lie" story as pure folklore,George Washington had a reputation for honesty.
Trump is a habitual,constant liar.
Trump is certainly not the first politician (presidents included) to lie. Where he differs from most others is that he is so spectacularly bad at it.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 10:17 AM   #53
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

9/11 inside job front and center, and then insanity

3.5 million people did. AJ's "exposure" video of Kelly's methods I've posted has 1.5 million views now.
WARNING, watching Alex Jones can hurt and might damage brain cells in rational people... WARNING

Jones, the nut job for dumbed down nut jobs, and clownstick.
Quote:
Kelly's sit down with Jones, a controversial, conspiracy theorist radio host and founder of the website Infowars, brought in an average of 3.5 million viewers Sunday night. That's the fewest viewers that Kelly's weekly news magazine telecast, "Sunday Night with Megyn Kelly," has drawn since its debut three weeks ago.
Jones sounds insane, as he sells soap. The 9/11 inside job lie, front and center, kind of making watching the video a waste of time. CIT, Alex Jones, and all 9/11 truth nuts, spewing lies and idiotic claims for dumbed down clueless paranoid conspiracy theorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwBieZjhNT0
Philip DeFranco exposes in the first six minutes, what we (me and the mouse) all know... Alex Jones is a Liar.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 01:13 PM   #54
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

3.5 million is not a good rating for somebody who is getting paid 17 Million bucks a year.
NBC expects much higher ratings for that kind of jack.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 01:38 PM   #55
ahhell
Muse

3.5 million is not a good rating for somebody who is getting paid 17 Million bucks a year.
NBC expects much higher ratings for that kind of jack.
Judge Judy makes almost 50 mil a year which audience around 10 million viewers, so its close. Mind you, Judge Judy is on 5 days a weak but, I'm guessing the audience isn't the prime demographic. I don't NBC regrets the decisions just yet. And I understand she was up against 60 minutes. NBC will also be happy if she gets any of that audience.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 03:12 PM   #56
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

The Washington Pest is apparently so afraid of Infowars that they don't even mention AJ's name while complaining about how many new followers he got through the actions of their fellow pre$$titute bimbo Kelly. Too funny.

Originally Posted by Washington Pest
Taken together, those numbers suggest that as a result of Kelly's interview, more than 10,000 people decided to follow this person on social media who otherwise wouldn't have.

What are these clowns, like twelf?
Old 19th June 2017, 04:57 PM   #57
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The Washington Pest is apparently so afraid of Infowars that they don't even mention AJ's name while complaining about how many new followers he got through the actions of their fellow pre$$titute bimbo Kelly. Too funny.

What are these clowns, like twelf?
Afraid? You posted a blog entry, not evidence the Washington Post is afraid. The author not mentioning AJ is not evidence of fear.

10,000 more dolts, or new users who have no clue they are following an idiot like Jones - an actor who acts like a loon-idiot, or what.
Are you making up the afraid part because you are upset Alex Jones is liar, or upset rational people know he is a liar.

Quote:
President Trump appeared on the man's show while campaigning in 2015, telling the man: “Your reputation is amazing. I will not let you down.”
That is special. Alex Jones reputation amazing - it is amazing anyone is dumb enough to believe him.

Quote:
President Trump's Favorite Conspiracy Theorist Is Just 'Playing a Character,' His Lawyer Says
Like CIT, Alex Jones spreads lies, the clown is Alex Jones he sells junk, and his followers have no clue he is a liar.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th June 2017, 05:45 PM   #58
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

What that's about the WAPO being afraid to mention's Jones's name?:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ac88d8b527d1

CE being caught spouting utter nonsense. What a surprise.

Trying to figure out why CE, who is on the far left of the political spectrum, is such a fan of Jones who, for the last 8 years, at least, has been on the far right of the political spectrum.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 19th June 2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 21st June 2017, 06:25 AM   #59
Praktik
Philosopher

In certain quarters the WaPo is like, epitome of "fake news" for being overly credulous on some russian hacking stories in the election campaign. Most significantly that one story towards end of the summer where they revealed a "fake news operation" that maybe wasn't exactly the way they were lead to believe it was before writing their story.

SO any opportunity to slag the outlet is taken, and to imagine them all as the most craven examples of MSM weakness who would do anything to obfuscate the truth in service of their globalist masters

It might be more WaPo hate, than Jones-love, at play here.
-Iain Banks

Last edited by Praktik; 21st June 2017 at 06:26 AM.
Old 21st June 2017, 07:13 AM   #60
Praktik
Philosopher

ANyway, finally saw the interview - OK, I guess?

I think it could have been a lot more cutting, but it did allow for us to see Alex dissemble and not really own up to what he has said before.

So maybe that made him look a little weak?

But overall kind of disappointing. The fact the next segment was a bit of yellow journalism into SUPER SCARY developments with adults consuming a legal herb that is - GASP! - delivered by car! only served to underscore just how much of a lightweight Megyn Kelly is and how vapid and boring her program is.

Though it was funny to watch the squarest journalist ever, taken from a stock photo of "old white dad", say things like "dime bag" and experience the thrill of being so close to such an "underground" thing.
-Iain Banks

Last edited by Praktik; 21st June 2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 21st June 2017, 02:47 PM   #61
carlitos
"más divertido"

Remember George HW Bush with the bag of crack on TV? That was similar.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2017, 03:38 PM   #62
Praktik
Philosopher

If I had a string of pearls on, I totally woulda been clutching them with all the strength I had for the duration of the hour.
-Iain Banks
Old 21st June 2017, 08:41 PM   #63
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

What that's about the WAPO being afraid to mention's Jones's name?:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ac88d8b527d1

CE being caught spouting utter nonsense. What a surprise.

Trying to figure out why CE, who is on the far left of the political spectrum, is such a fan of Jones who, for the last 8 years, at least, has been on the far right of the political spectrum.
That column was rather blatant but apparently too subtle for CE. Anyone remember the early SNL newscast where Chevy Chase opened in faux serious mode discussing complaints by viewers that the show was disrespectful to the POTUS (Ford) and showing him as a buffoon; then Chevy sincerely explaining that the SNL news segment was satire and they mean no disrespect for the office and that they will temper some of their humor in the future.... and then he breaks from that with....

"In the top of the news tonight. An unidentified man fell from the second story window of the White House."

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2017, 09:25 PM   #64
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Edited by kmortis:  Removed to comply with Rule 12

Last edited by kmortis; 23rd June 2017 at 09:09 AM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2017, 04:58 AM   #65
Eddie Dane
Philosopher

Its somewhat Pathetic: Jones is trying to become more Mainstream, but the amount of absolute crap he has said in the past pulls him down...and he can't go back on it without alienating his base of supporters..
Alex is like an ex-porn actress trying to get into teaching.
Old 22nd June 2017, 10:43 AM   #66
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
That column was rather blatant but apparently too subtle for CE. Anyone remember the early SNL newscast where Chevy Chase opened in faux serious mode discussing complaints by viewers that the show was disrespectful to the POTUS (Ford) and showing him as a buffoon; then Chevy sincerely explaining that the SNL news segment was satire and they mean no disrespect for the office and that they will temper some of their humor in the future.... and then he breaks from that with....

"In the top of the news tonight. An unidentified man fell from the second story window of the White House."
But you have to give Ford credit. He could take a joke;he got back at Chevy Chase when asked about him that "He is a very nice Suburb". And he agreed to be taped giving the "Live From New York It's Saturday Night Live!" line which was used on a episode.

Compare and Contrast with the current occupant of the White House.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 24th June 2017, 05:33 AM   #67
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't watch. Did she confront him on his Sandy Hook lies?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th June 2017, 07:49 AM   #68
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I didn't watch. Did she confront him on his Sandy Hook lies?
Yes, and he lied. He said he did not say what he said. surprise
Old 24th June 2017, 07:53 AM   #69
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Yes, and he lied. He said he did not say what he said. surprise
I hope she was ready with audio clips.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories