IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , diseases

Old 22nd February 2021, 07:35 PM   #1721
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
Caroline,

You've mentioned elsewhere that your grape seed extract helps protect you from Covid-19. You also mentioned a study that is looking at grape tannins and their positive effects on Covid-19.

Grape seed extract seems like a supplement that at worst would do no harm, but may just be beneficial and foolish not to look at. This is where you can answer a simple question that will benefit everyone:

What specific brand, product name, and dose of grape seed extract do you use?

Thanks in advance.
I have no clue as to how many people take Grape Seed Extract in this world. I know it came to the U.S. from France where it have been taken for many yrs...so since it's been in t he U.S. since about 1994 or so, and I got on it in 1995, there may be as many others as me taking it this long.

I take usually 200mg once a day or a little more, I've done a lot of different dosing in 25 yrs. And a lot has to do with one's bodyweight, got to take enough for your weight, better to take more than less. I don't weigh 200 lbs. As brands go, there are so many now. So many companies have jumped to this great Grape supplement. I like Olympian Labs the best and I continue to go back to it after I've tried some others.

As I've said I've had no colds, no flu and no vaccines for well over 25 yrs.

And the tannin comment I found very interesting as I heard about it on Dr. Victory today.

Disclaimer: If one takes pharma blood thinner then can't take both.

Last edited by Caroline13; 22nd February 2021 at 07:37 PM.
Caroline13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:36 PM   #1722
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

its not a hoax, you said it was a fiction

Originally Posted by Tom Palven View Post
Well, as I said early on, and will repeat as often as necessary, or until I get kicked off the forum, is that I DON'T THINK THAT COVID-19 IS EITHER A CONSPIRACY OR A HOAX.

I think that there has been a confluence of interests involved, big pharma and a sensationalist media among them, and millions of True Believers, which is why I refer to it in religious terms; and judging from comments on the web, I doubt that anywhere near the whole of the world's medical community is on board with the measures taken in the war against CV-19.
As a new member of International Skeptics Forum, I'd like to start by saying I'm in wholehearted agreement with those who are skeptical about Covid-19.

The Covid Plague seems like the greatest, (and most extraordinarily-documented, both anecdotally and otherwise), fiction ever produced since the one about an angel who hovered over the Virgin Mary causing her to give birth to the Son of God.

This Covid fiction seems to be about on a par with Saddam Hussein's Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq story that hundreds of millions of people in NATO countries and elsewhere were led to believe.

It is far larger than such fictions as "Joseph Smith and the Golden Tablets," which is apparently only believed by about 16 million Mormons world-wide.

It has been proven to the satisfaction of billions of Christians that over 10,000 saints have performed at least two miracles in the name of Jesus Christ, and bookstores everywhere devote shelf space to stories about how and why Jesus died for our sins and other stories; and it seems possible, imvho, that a study of the politics and economics of just how this belief developed and spread might shed some light on how a sometimes nasty cold virus blossomed into a plague of Biblical proportions.
Oops, you are right, you said it was a fiction! Why are you making up conspiracy theories about Covid.

Last edited by beachnut; 22nd February 2021 at 07:53 PM.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:04 PM   #1723
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
We see here a suggestion that herd immunity Will soon be achieved to what the OP has asserted is a hoax. Somewhere, an exploding irony meter is touching itself.
Needs more vitamins and herbs.

Old 22nd February 2021, 08:46 PM   #1724
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
I have no clue as to how many people take Grape Seed Extract in this world. I know it came to the U.S. from France where it have been taken for many yrs...so since it's been in t he U.S. since about 1994 or so, and I got on it in 1995, there may be as many others as me taking it this long.

I take usually 200mg once a day or a little more, I've done a lot of different dosing in 25 yrs. And a lot has to do with one's bodyweight, got to take enough for your weight, better to take more than less. I don't weigh 200 lbs. As brands go, there are so many now. So many companies have jumped to this great Grape supplement. I like Olympian Labs the best and I continue to go back to it after I've tried some others.

As I've said I've had no colds, no flu and no vaccines for well over 25 yrs.

And the tannin comment I found very interesting as I heard about it on Dr. Victory today.

Disclaimer: If one takes pharma blood thinner then can't take both.
What are the outcomes for people who take grape seed oil vs people who don't?

What charts do you have to establish this claim. Not to put too fine a point about it, you've lied about your age. That you'd lie about this isn't exactly a stretch.

Last edited by Craig4; 22nd February 2021 at 08:48 PM.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:07 PM   #1725
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Covid measures advocated by Pope Anthony (Fauci).
Gee Gosh Tom? Did the Ron Paul Investment periodical tell you that Dr Fauci is head of the Catholic church?

You do know Dr Fauci is an American, right? (Probably not)

Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:15 PM   #1726
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Well, as I said early on, and will repeat as often as necessary, or until I get kicked off the forum, is that I DON'T THINK THAT COVID-19 IS EITHER A CONSPIRACY OR A HOAX.
So you now agree there is no conspiracy faking the deaths of 500,000 Americans from Covid-19 or conspiracy introducing good preventative measures......while you are simultaneously arguing against those same preventative measures.

I think that there has been a confluence of interests involved, big pharma and a sensationalist media among them.
I see..... so 500,000 USA deaths is not newsworthy in your mind.

I guess that's why deny WWII is a big thing or happened, because only 416,000 Americans died?

Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:23 PM   #1727
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Gee Gosh Tom? Did the Ron Paul Investment periodical tell you that Dr Fauci is head of the Catholic church?

You do know Dr Fauci is an American, right? (Probably not)

Tom is just lampooning his perception of the way people appear to him to be slavishly following Dr Fauci's remarks as though he is a supreme leader with absolute authority, which as we all know we don't and he isn't.

We follow what Dr Fauci says because he is the preeminent expert in the field - he gives good, well-informed advice.
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:32 PM   #1728
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Tom is just lampooning his perception of the way people appear to him to be slavishly following Dr Fauci's remarks as though he is a supreme leader with absolute authority, which as we all know we don't and he isn't..
That's alright. I know Tom Palven well from when he posted at the Skeptic Society Forum. It's all copied from Ron Paul propaganda.
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:45 PM   #1729
Tom Palven
Scholar

Tom is just lampooning his perception of the way people appear to him to be slavishly following Dr Fauci's remarks as though he is a supreme leader with absolute authority...
Exactly.

And now I'll be on my merry way:
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
Tom Palven is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:53 PM   #1730
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Oh, nice editing of my quote there. You neatly and precisely removed the exact point I was trying to make. Very clean incision. Surgical, even.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:05 PM   #1731
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Oh, nice editing of my quote there. You neatly and precisely removed the exact point I was trying to make. Very clean incision. Surgical, even.
Don't worry about it. It's already started. If you ask Tom Palven a direct question you simply get a music clip back.

Here is where Tom Palven is getting his "information" from

The Coronavirus Hoax by Ron Paul / The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...2aliqCngVrmQhQ
"
The chief fearmonger of the Trump Administration is without a doubt Anthony Fauci, head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health. Fauci is all over the media, serving up outright falsehoods to stir up even more panic. He testified to Congress that the death rate for the coronavirus is ten times that of the seasonal flu, a claim without any scientific basis.

I don't need to remind you that Stormfront White Action Power and David Duke KKK Grand Wizard donate to Ron Paul's political campaigns. That's where this is heading.

Last edited by Matthew Ellard; 22nd February 2021 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Add Ron paul page
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:29 PM   #1732
Susheel
Graduate Poster

You really have no idea what herd immunity is, or how it is achieved, do you?
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:51 PM   #1733
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

a bit early for April Fools...
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:14 AM   #1734
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

.... back then as Pope Anthony (Fauci) probably s today.
....home of the brave, not the Fauci Republic.?
the gang who follow Lord Fauci do not want the population to know this
If you don't have any logical arguments.......attack Dr Fauci.
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:25 AM   #1735
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

An opinion piece from someone who isn't an expert in public health immunology or virology and who is trusting his gut rather than published data.

Seems legit to me
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:53 AM   #1736
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

If you don't have any logical arguments.......attack Dr Fauci.
But... they're praising our Lord and Savior Fauci, Pope of the Fauci Republic that we live in! How could that be an attack?

A little more seriously, bits like what you quoted make me much more inclined to treat those posters as outright trolls, because of how utterly inane at pretty much every level such is. There is no redeeming feature to such inanity, save to utterly discredit Caroline13 and Tom Palven so there's no reason to treat them as engaging in good faith on the subject ever again, provided that they don't acknowledge any of why it's so utterly inane.

Last edited by Aridas; 23rd February 2021 at 12:57 AM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 01:09 AM   #1737
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, nice editing of my quote there. You neatly, dishonestly, and precisely removed the exact point I was trying to make. Very clean incision. Surgical, even.
FTFY
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 01:11 AM   #1738
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
There is no redeeming feature to such inanity, save to utterly discredit Caroline13 and Tom Palven so there's no reason to treat them as engaging in good faith on the subject ever again, provided that they don't acknowledge any of why it's so utterly inane.
I have already decided that I'm wasting my time attempting any sort of good faith debate with these two.
If you don't like my posts, my opinions, or my directness then put me on your ignore list. This will be of benefit to both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste my time talking to you... simples! !

Last edited by smartcooky; 23rd February 2021 at 01:13 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 01:51 AM   #1739
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

And over decades flues have killed plenty of people.
Not so much these days, with most people not having open fires, and we stopped sending small boys up the chimneys to clean them in the 19th century.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 03:05 AM   #1740
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
Caroline,

You've mentioned elsewhere that your grape seed extract helps protect you from Covid-19. You also mentioned a study that is looking at grape tannins and their positive effects on Covid-19.

Grape seed extract seems like a supplement that at worst would do no harm, but may just be beneficial and foolish not to look at. This is where you can answer a simple question that will benefit everyone:

What specific brand, product name, and dose of grape seed extract do you use?

Thanks in advance.
We also need to note that Caroline made some very specific claims about GSE and mentioned some very specific American medical institutions as supporting those claims. However, I could not find anything to support any of that, but did post a couple of links from both the site of one of those institutions and to a paper by staff at another showing precisely the opposite. Caroline has not responded to that.

Norman Alexander also posted a link to the NCCIH, which contradicted the claims; that has not been addressed either.

So, even when we do supply "good info" it is ignored.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 03:09 AM   #1741
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I have already decided that I'm wasting my time attempting any sort of good faith debate with these two.
While that may be the case (says he desperately trying not to sound in anyway personal), it is still worth remembering the "play to the galleries" ploy, as we may have some drive-bys or folk who do not know how inaccurate some of the claims are. I know I'm pernickety, but there are a couple of those claims I am just not able to let pass unchallenged.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 03:15 AM   #1742
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Here's one tiny sample, but you can do your own search of European medical associations and elsewhere that oppose the war on Covid measures advocated by Pope Anthony (Fauci).
https://www.news.com.au/world/corona...1b297731c3da74
LOL. A "tiny sample" and an invitation to dO YoUr oWn rEsEaRcH. Marvellous.

And it's heartening to see your tiny sample anti-lockdown story doesn't contain anything suggesting the Covid-19 pandemic is anything other than entirely real, but what it does do is push for the development of "better systems" than lockdowns (where "better" means less economically damaging rather than more effective).

It manages not to mention vaccines. So - newsflash - we have vaccines now, and they're a much better system of control. As soon as they do their work, lockdowns are over.

Instead of vaccination, the article pushes the "Great Barrington Declaration". That was a campaign pushing an alternative strategy of protecting vulnerable people and letting everyone else just catch the virus and (mostly) get on with life until herd immunity ended the pandemic. It doesn't add up. Since it looks like you have already fled the thread I can't really be bothered to Fisk the argument but here's a fairly nice point by point demolition if you care about it:

https://www.covidfaq.co/Claim-The-Gr...6981edd980edba

PS America is not the whole world. Amazing as it may be to you, the rest of the planet does not hang on Anthony Fauci's every word. I get that you demonise him because he sensibly advocates lockdowns, but he's not the God-emperor of world medicine.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 03:39 AM   #1743
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I don't think that I made a "gotcha claim," or, at least I don't think that I tried to.
This perhaps becomes clearer in hindsight. (Tom wrote that victims who only lost hours or days of life to Covid-19 were close to death anyway, but the wording seemed to lead people to think the claim was that this small loss was typical, whereas the average loss of lifetime seems to be more than a decade.)

If Tom was just copy/pasting someone else's weasel words, he may well have mistakenly imagined he was making a different claim from what it actually said.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 03:45 AM   #1744
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

No. I would prefer data gathered under personal supervision.
Presumably yours? If so, whew, you've got some work to do. Your "GIGO theory"- which appears to be that the pandemic's seriousness is overstated by, at least in part, counting as Covid deaths some that were not properly attributable at all to Covid- needs some work to not be GIGO itself, wouldn't you agree? In support of your theory, you've cited- one case. One- the motorcycle death in Florida. Now it seems to me that to make a case that there is any prevalent, or even meaningful, incidence of fraud in the counting of Covid deaths, you're going to need more than one. Just in the U.S., there have been 500,000 deaths; being generous, I would say that you need to show that at least one percent of those cases were over-egging the pudding. So you need another 4,999 cases.

So, off you go- if you want the data gathered under personal supervision, you've set yourself quite the task.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:21 AM   #1745
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
So instead of actually dealing with the points people make you decide to preach and browbeat us with your false accusations of being closed minded? Brilliant. You really are a failure aren't you?

Why not answer a post like the following:

Rather than bleating on and beating the same rhetorical drum of falsehood?
Why are you continuing to avoid my questions Caroline?

They for example thought that slavery was perfectly fine, absolutely OK, and then they didn't and what is the point of the Catholic Church if it says "Oh we couldn't know better because no one else did" THEN WHAT ARE YOU FOR? - Stephen Fry
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:39 AM   #1746
Joe Random
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Why are you continuing to avoid my questions Caroline?

In the short term at least because she was sent to the Naughty Stool : http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13406305
Joe Random is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:46 AM   #1747
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Originally Posted by Joe Random View Post
In the short term at least because she was sent to the Naughty Stool : http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13406305
Ha. What a shocker.

They for example thought that slavery was perfectly fine, absolutely OK, and then they didn't and what is the point of the Catholic Church if it says "Oh we couldn't know better because no one else did" THEN WHAT ARE YOU FOR? - Stephen Fry
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:23 AM   #1748
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
While that may be the case (says he desperately trying not to sound in anyway personal), it is still worth remembering the "play to the galleries" ploy, as we may have some drive-bys or folk who do not know how inaccurate some of the claims are. I know I'm pernickety, but there are a couple of those claims I am just not able to let pass unchallenged.
I have decided not to personally engage, but when they are quoted, if I agree with the poster quoting them, I may chime in and support that poster. That is as far as I am prepared go.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:24 AM   #1749
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
LOL. A "tiny sample" and an invitation to dO YoUr oWn rEsEaRcH.
Yup. the call to arms of QAnon... it does not surprise me in the least!
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:34 AM   #1750
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Note for Caroline: it can be very frustrating to be on the receiving end of so much criticism, but if you actually want to stay participating, either to enjoy the fray, to try to sell your point of view, or to learn from others, please take care.

The arts of both effective argument and polite disparagement benefit from some practice. Take your time.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 05:56 PM   #1751
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
FTFY
Thank you.
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:34 PM   #1752
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joe Random View Post
Some people have to pay for that.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2021, 06:37 AM   #1753
Tom Palven
Scholar

Don't worry about it. It's already started. If you ask Tom Palven a direct question you simply get a music clip back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mrsEksSwww
Tom Palven is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2021, 08:24 AM   #1754
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

When a supposed conspiracy involves so many people -- maybe in the millions worldwide -- and when the scientific evidence is so clear, and people still fervently latch on... It demonstrates how strong the allure is to belong to a counter-culture that confidently sees through it all, reveling in imaginary superiority, finding a purpose in seeing The Truth.
Old 24th February 2021, 09:33 AM   #1755
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
When a supposed conspiracy involves so many people -- maybe in the millions worldwide -- and when the scientific evidence is so clear, and people still fervently latch on... It demonstrates how strong the allure is to belong to a counter-culture that confidently sees through it all, reveling in imaginary superiority, finding a purpose in seeing The Truth.
Once I started looking at conspiracy theories as gnostic cults, everything fell into place.

I've noticed a curious reluctance, among adherents of many CTs, to acknowledge the implications of a global conspiracy involving many millions, if not hundreds of millions of people. It seems that they've latched on to their CT prior to thinking it through to that implication (which is a bit sad, considering that it should take a couple of minutes of rumination at most to reach that point). But this confirms that the appeal of the CT isn't the Truth® - it's the feeling if superiority they acquire from a belief that they are among the very few too smart to be fooled.

One of the few times recently that I've seen a conspiracy theorist embrace the global conspiracy idea was a QAnon follower who, echoing the Satanic Panic of the '80s, insisted that pedophiles were running virtually every school and police station in the U.S.

Yet the unwillingness of so many to address the problem tells me that they realize how ridiculous it sounds once forced to confront it, but they aren't willing to abandon something in which they've invested so much of their self-esteem.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2021, 12:11 PM   #1756
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post

What charts do you have to establish this claim. Not to put too fine a point about it, you've lied about your age. That you'd lie about this isn't exactly a stretch.
Oh please, you continue to say grape seed oil, put it in your salads and see how they taste and even cook with it, I did that for awhile yrs ago...I no longer buy or use grape seed OIL.

I have no charts and either take it or don't, do a google with all the benefits of grape seed extract and just about every known health issue.

Grape seed Extract and Asthma for one. Just One.

https://www.usairpurifiers.com/blog/...thma-symptoms/

Do you have a health issue? If so, do a search of it and Grape Seed EXTRACT.
Caroline13 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2021, 12:13 PM   #1757
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Note for Caroline: it can be very frustrating to be on the receiving end of so much criticism, but if you actually want to stay participating, either to enjoy the fray, to try to sell your point of view, or to learn from others, please take care.

The arts of both effective argument and polite disparagement benefit from some practice. Take your time.
I'm a Big Girl and can handle myself as I know my Truths.
Old 24th February 2021, 12:16 PM   #1758
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post

And again what are you talking about, lied about my age...NEVER..

I'm 82 and will be 83 this summer. Where do you people come out of...

And Craig4, you need to find some interests, you are obsessed with my age, weird weird weird...

Last edited by Caroline13; 24th February 2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 24th February 2021, 12:23 PM   #1759
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

https://www.webmd.com/diet/grape-seed-extract

Quote:
There is evidence that grape seed extract is beneficial for a number of cardiovascular conditions. Grape seed extract may help with a type of poor circulation (chronic venous insufficiency) and high cholesterol. Grape seed extract also reduces swelling caused by injury and helps with eye disease related to diabetes.

Many people are interested in grape seed extract because it contains antioxidants. These are substances that protect cells from damage and may help prevent many diseases. However, it’s still too early to say whether the antioxidant properties of grape seed extract really benefit people. Researchers are studying grape seed extract to see if it might lower the risks of some cancers. For now, the evidence is not clear.

Grape seed extract has been studied for use in many other conditions -- ranging from PMS to skin damage to wound healing -- but the results have been inconclusive.

Last edited by Pixel42; 24th February 2021 at 12:32 PM.
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2021, 12:24 PM   #1760
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I'm a Big Girl and can handle myself as I know my Truths.
I guess Truths are somehow different from facts. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories