IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags allopathy , homeopathy

Old 22nd February 2021, 07:48 AM   #41
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
Plenty of damage from the joint replacements...Have you had any? And people do die on the Operating Tables during surgeries.
Sure, and people die driving to the hospital for them. I know my mother would barely be able to walk if walk at all if she had kept her original knees.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:49 AM   #42
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Have I had any what?? Damage? I'm not sure what hip replacement "damage" is.
Well the need to cut the bone out and such is certainly damage that hurts and will need to heal.
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:00 AM   #43
Finster
Graduate Poster

I don't buy stats as MOST are manipulated by and for the stat takers...I don't care about stats. I'm crippled from hip replacement and boy did I read the stats pre surgery.
Really? Did the stats say that 100% of hip replacements were 100% successful for 100% of patients?
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:56 AM   #44
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Milky Way, Sol, Earth, Northern Hemisphere, USA, AZ, Scottsdale
I've nearly died twice on the operating table in operations that are considered safe outpatient procedures.

I've had a few bad effects from drugs.

I guess this means that I should no longer trust doctors (Big Med?) or drugs (Big Pharma)? But I should trust homeopathic Doctors (Big Woo?) and their 'drugs' (Big Water)?

I'm so confused.
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:22 AM   #45
ahhell
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Some on this forum would have denied him the benefits of modern medicine. **** you all!
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Congrats on the new grandnephew. Hooray he's doing well. How's Mom doing? Sounds like Mom or Baby had issues that they needed to take the baby out early.

Who are you fussing about though? Huh? WTF? What idiots on the forum caused you to complain?
Basically my first thought but then I saw:

Allopathic and surgeries etc definitely have their place in the health world. And they can save lives, help bring life in and can cause deaths.

Glad your little baby made it and has a good health life ahead.

There are 1000's, maybe millions of stories out there and I know how damaged I am from a surgery in my late years, hip replacement. My daughter had to give birth to a 8 month still born so there are mega amounts of stories we can tell. You know what a still born is? Giving birth to a dead baby. Baby Jack had a memorial service...

And amazing how the word idiot is used so much on this forum...

And for whatever it's worth, I was born in the kitchen in my parent's apt in 1938 with an MD handy. Millions have been born at home, in the woods, and every place before modern hospitals.
Although, I would appreciate less rancor and insults too.

Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
What were the rates of infancy deaths then? How many mothers dies giving birth?
This and this:

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
In the words of the great philosopher Tim Minchin:

Alternative medicine has either not been proved to work, or has been proved not to work. You know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work?

Medicine.
The human mind is such that we generally prefer anecdotes and stories to actual evidence, especially when those stories back up what we already believe. Yes, surgeries go wrong, yes folks die in hospitals, sometimes as a direct result of the interventions. Also, our life expectancy is roughly double what it was for the first few thousand years of history and civilization, mostly because there are a lot fewer babies and children dying because of "allopathic" medicine. I'd probably be a deformed cripple now if not for such surgeries. So, I guess that proves they always work. Well, I am a little deformed and crippled.

Caroline,

I'm sorry your surgery went bad. I'd be curious how the statistics for such surgeries compare to craps. I'm pretty sure its not a crap shoot.

Last edited by ahhell; 22nd February 2021 at 09:34 AM.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:55 PM   #46
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post
I've nearly died twice on the operating table in operations that are considered safe outpatient procedures.

I guess this means that I should no longer trust doctors (Big Med?) or drugs (Big Pharma)? But I should trust homeopathic Doctors (Big Woo?) and their 'drugs' (Big Water)?

I'm so confused.
Oh I ended up in the ER in the 80's from a pharma drug, that was my turningpoint on the heavy duty drug world... And 2 surgeries and if I ever go fr a knife again, I need a major head examine.

30 yrs of sciatic nerve damage from hysterectomy when I was in my early 40's.

10yrs+ of body damage from hip replacement at 72.

That's it and want NO MORE. Thank goodness I'm retired and now need to count on friends/family to get where I have an appt.

And Yes, I do all I can to avoid major drugs and surgeries NOW.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 12:57 PM   #47
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Basically my first thought but then I saw:

Although, I would appreciate less rancor and insults too.

This and this:

The human mind is such that we generally prefer anecdotes and stories to actual evidence, especially when those stories back up what we already believe. Yes, surgeries go wrong, yes folks die in hospitals, sometimes as a direct result of the interventions. Also, our life expectancy is roughly double what it was for the first few thousand years of history and civilization, mostly because there are a lot fewer babies and children dying because of "allopathic" medicine. I'd probably be a deformed cripple now if not for such surgeries. So, I guess that proves they always work. Well, I am a little deformed and crippled.

Caroline,

I'm sorry your surgery went bad. I'd be curious how the statistics for such surgeries compare to craps. I'm pretty sure its not a crap shoot.
They are all crapshoots. you go under and HOPE you wake up and how you will turn out from the surgery you have to deal with.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 01:03 PM   #48
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by The Greater Fool View Post

I'm so confused.
Homeopathy does not reverse joint damage, but it can help manage a lot. It's not toxic and can take some time and some can work immediately.

What can also work to prevent joint surgery is Regenerative Medicine, aka Dextrose Prolothereapy, PRP and Stem Cells. I've had some sessions but insurance does NOT pay, it can work and would put a lot of surgeons out of business. Check out https://www.getprolo.com/

These providers are all over the world.

There would still be plenty of surgeries done, just LESS elective ones if Regenerative Medicine was handled by the health/sick insurance companies.

Last edited by Caroline13; 22nd February 2021 at 01:35 PM.
Old 22nd February 2021, 01:37 PM   #49
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Homeopathy does not reverse joint damage, but it can help manage a lot
So what is the mother tincture for arthritis?
Old 22nd February 2021, 02:55 PM   #50
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Homeopathy does not reverse joint damage, but it can help manage a lot. It's not toxic and can take some time and some can work immediately.
Do you know why homeopathy is not toxic? It's because there is literally no active compound in it to be toxic. It's a sugar pill, and water. There are literally no other ingredients - they have all been diluted away to nothingness. A sugar pill, and water. That's all.

Homeopathy: there's nothing in it.
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:10 PM   #51
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Oh I ended up in the ER in the 80's from a pharma drug, that was my turningpoint on the heavy duty drug world... And 2 surgeries and if I ever go fr a knife again, I need a major head examine.
I don't believe you have ever identified this "pharma drug" that put you in ER.

Quote:
30 yrs of sciatic nerve damage from hysterectomy when I was in my early 40's.
That would have been in the 1970's, yes?

Quote:
10yrs+ of body damage from hip replacement at 72.
What damage was that? Degenerative bone issues? Also, how did you feel BEFORE the replacement procedure, and what do you think you would feel if you did not have it.

Quote:
That's it and want NO MORE. Thank goodness I'm retired and now need to count on friends/family to get where I have an appt.

And Yes, I do all I can to avoid major drugs and surgeries NOW.
Don't we all. Unless you think drugs and surgeries are actually desired by mainstream patients? You can do without them if you like. Nobody is going to kidnap you and force drugs down your neck, or drag you into an operating theatre against your will. Despite Trump's best efforts, the USA is not yet a big gulag.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:17 PM   #52
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Homeopathy does not reverse joint damage, but it can help manage a lot. It's not toxic
Arthwollipot has already explained this to you. In Arsenicum album 30C (Aa30C) the homeopathic drug to "fight Covid-19" there are no actual arsenic molecules in the "medicine" as they are diluted out of existence.

A Homeopathic Defence Against COVID-19 Is No Defence at All
https://science.thewire.in/the-scien...stry-of-ayush/

"Starting with a “mother tincture” that has 200 grams of arsenic trioxide in 1 litre of liquid, the 30C potency medicine has one molecule of the active material present in a volume equivalent to that of 1 million Suns. In terms of the active material, an individual is consuming zero molecules."

Explain to us how homeopathic arsenic "medicine" works, if there is no actual arsenic left? You can't, can you?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:22 PM   #53
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

At this point, homeopaths love to trot out the "memory of water" argument. The dilution water is supposed to retain the "memory" of the remedy that was dissolved in it from dozens of rinses ago. It has to do this, as there is no other explanation why the potion works is useless!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:48 PM   #54
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
At this point, homeopaths love to trot out the "memory of water" argument. The dilution water is supposed to retain the "memory" of the remedy that was dissolved in it from dozens of rinses ago. It has to do this, as there is no other explanation why the potion works is useless!
If water has a memory, a trained person should be able to tell the difference between a homeopathic remedy and plain water. Why has nobody ever done that?

Because there's literally nothing in it.
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:50 PM   #55
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Arthwollipot has already explained this to you. In Arsenicum album 30C (Aa30C) the homeopathic drug to "fight Covid-19" there are no actual arsenic molecules in the "medicine" as they are diluted out of existence.

A Homeopathic Defence Against COVID-19 Is No Defence at All
https://science.thewire.in/the-scien...stry-of-ayush/

"Starting with a “mother tincture” that has 200 grams of arsenic trioxide in 1 litre of liquid, the 30C potency medicine has one molecule of the active material present in a volume equivalent to that of 1 million Suns. In terms of the active material, an individual is consuming zero molecules."

Explain to us how homeopathic arsenic "medicine" works, if there is no actual arsenic left? You can't, can you?
I'm not a homeopathic doctor for starters. And it's all about "like cures like"...look it up.
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:52 PM   #56
Caroline13
Thinker

If water has a memory, a trained person should be able to tell the difference between a homeopathic remedy and plain water. Why has nobody ever done that?

Because there's literally nothing in it.
You speak mumbo jumbo most of the time...I guess it's something for you to say. If homeopathy does not interest you, why keep reading about it.

And this is NOT the homeopathic thread.

Last edited by Caroline13; 22nd February 2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:54 PM   #57
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I'm not a homeopathic doctor for starters. And it's all about "like cures like"...look it up.
We have. "Like cures like" is nonscientific nonsense that predates even the germ theory of disease. Do you believe in germs, Caroline?

The other principle of homeopathy that you appear to not be aware of or are ignoring is that the more dilute something is, the stronger it gets. Even when it is diluted so much that there is no chance of even a single molecule of the mother tincture being present. The strongest substance is no substance at all, according to homeopathy. Can you not see how patently absurd that is?
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:58 PM   #58
welshdean
Heb ei fai, heb ei eni

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Being present only in homeopathic quantities makes your grand-nephew far more potent.
Nommed.
Rare I nominate, this is about number 5 or 6(ish) so around 1 every 3.5 years, this post just deserved it.
"In science it often happens that scientists say, "You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken," and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion."
Carl Sagan 1934 - 1996 RIP
welshdean is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 04:59 PM   #59
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

If water had a memory we wouldn't have to buy homeopathic medicines at all. All the water on earth would remember everything. You'd get as good a result dipping into the ocean.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:02 PM   #60
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
If water had a memory we wouldn't have to buy homeopathic medicines at all. All the water on earth would remember everything. You'd get as good a result dipping into the ocean.
Ah, but remember that a homeopathic remedy has to be succussed in order to work. The ocean hasn't been shaken 10 times in each of the cardinal directions and struck 10 times against a leather-bound Bible.

Last edited by arthwollipot; 22nd February 2021 at 05:05 PM.
arthwollipot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:05 PM   #61
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

You speak mumbo jumbo most of the time...I guess it's something for you to say. If homeopathy does not interest you, why keep reading about it.

I have no idea how you can define Arth's posts as "mumbo jumbo". And, I doubt any other posters share your opinion. He is clear and well spoken. You read something you don't like/agree with, and your reaction is to insult him. Really, really immature and unnecessary.
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:07 PM   #62
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I have no idea how you can define Arth's posts as "mumbo jumbo". And, I doubt any other posters share your opinion. He is clear and well spoken. You read something you don't like/agree with, and your reaction is to insult him. Really, really immature and unnecessary.
Hey, it's fine. Caroline's insults have as much effect on me as homeopathy...
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:09 PM   #63
Caroline13
Thinker

Hey Arth, why don't you post some good info? How about that, go ahead, I dare you.

For that matter why don't all of you post some good information for all to think about. Not just attacks on others info.

Last edited by Caroline13; 22nd February 2021 at 06:41 PM.
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:20 PM   #64
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I don't believe you have ever identified this "pharma drug" that put you in ER.

That would have been in the 1970's, yes?

What damage was that? Degenerative bone issues? Also, how did you feel BEFORE the replacement procedure, and what do you think you would feel if you did not have it.

Don't we all. Unless you think drugs and surgeries are actually desired by mainstream patients? You can do without them if you like. Nobody is going to kidnap you and force drugs down your neck, or drag you into an operating theatre against your will. Despite Trump's best efforts, the USA is not yet a big gulag.
Damage Done:

Shorter Right Leg
Femoral Nerve Damage
IT Band Damage
Greater Trochanter Muscle Bursitis
Years of Neuropathy
Right foot damage from shorter leg and unstable body I'm left with.
And advancing Osteoarthritis from it all.

You want more?

And YES, I wondered for years how would I be today if I had NOT done the major hip job...But as we know surgery can't be undone.
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:21 PM   #65
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Hey Arth, why don't you post some good info? How about that, go ahead, I dare you.

For that matter why don't all of you post some good information for all to think about. No just attacks on others info.
*sigh*

Reported.
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:27 PM   #66
Sherman Bay
Master Poster

For that matter why don't all of you post some good information for all to think about. No just attacks on others info.
Here you go. It's not only entertaining, but the best 17 minutes you ever spent.

https://youtu.be/c0Z7KeNCi7g

or, better yet:

https://youtu.be/0jqP_1beVXQ

Last edited by Sherman Bay; 22nd February 2021 at 05:33 PM.
Sherman Bay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:43 PM   #67
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

This isn't my first rodeo, Caroline. I did all the research years ago. I even once publicly made a 28C homeopathic dilution of straight hydrochloric acid (demonstrated by reacting with calcium carbonate ie. shell grit). I used all of the "proper" methods up to and including banging it against a leather bound Bible. Of course, I drank that down without hesitation, because even at the relatively low 28C dilution there was absolutely no HCl left. Even at 12C, the amount of HCl in the vessel would have been the equivalent of a pinch of salt in the North and South Atlantic oceans.

And no, it didn't cure my acid reflux.

It might interest you to know that although Samuel Hahnemann, who first conceived of homeopathy in 1796, mandated that the dilution be struck against a leather-bound Bible in between each dilution, modern industrial homeopathic factories no longer do this. They don't even measure the dilution accurately. Instead, the remaining liquid clinging to the sides of the vessel after it is emptied is considered sufficient for the next dilution. This is known as the Korsakovian method.

So I would say, Caroline, that if you don't know what the letters X and C mean in a remedy, if you haven't heard of the Korsakovian method or trituration, if you don't know what the process of "proving" entails, then I'd say that you don't know as much as you think you do about homeopathy.
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:07 PM   #68
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, here's some good info:

Dr. Fauci knows what he's talking about. States whose administrations listen to him (like Vermont) do better than those that don't.

Covid-19 is a real pandemic disease that makes many people sick and kills many of those.

Responsible people will follow guidelines so as not to harm their neighbors even if they doubt the efficacy of all the guidelines.

Intelligent people will get vaccinated so as to provide true herd immunity rather than its endemic simulacrum.

Good enough for you?

Dispute all you want, but don't claim nobody's telling you this stuff.

oh, and a free bonus: homeopathy is utter rubbish. The idea that diluting anything to nothing increases its potency is insanely stupid.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)

Last edited by bruto; 22nd February 2021 at 06:10 PM.
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:16 PM   #69
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

A separate post for this. It is inherently a homeopathic thread (or, given its initiator, more an anti-homeopathic thread), because the term "allopathic" is a neologism coined by the founder of homeopathy, Dr. Hahneman, specifically to designate all medicine that is not homeopathic.

Last edited by bruto; 22nd February 2021 at 06:17 PM.
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:44 PM   #70
Caroline13
Thinker

This isn't my first rodeo, Caroline. I did all the research years ago. I even once publicly made a 28C homeopathic dilution of straight hydrochloric acid (demonstrated by reacting with calcium carbonate ie. shell grit). I used all of the "proper" methods up to and including banging it against a leather bound Bible. Of course, I drank that down without hesitation, because even at the relatively low 28C dilution there was absolutely no HCl left. Even at 12C, the amount of HCl in the vessel would have been the equivalent of a pinch of salt in the North and South Atlantic oceans.

And no, it didn't cure my acid reflux.

It might interest you to know that although Samuel Hahnemann, who first conceived of homeopathy in 1796, mandated that the dilution be struck against a leather-bound Bible in between each dilution, modern industrial homeopathic factories no longer do this. They don't even measure the dilution accurately. Instead, the remaining liquid clinging to the sides of the vessel after it is emptied is considered sufficient for the next dilution. This is known as the Korsakovian method.

So I would say, Caroline, that if you don't know what the letters X and C mean in a remedy, if you haven't heard of the Korsakovian method or trituration, if you don't know what the process of "proving" entails, then I'd say that you don't know as much as you think you do about homeopathy.
Again, this is NOT the homeopathy thread. Go there are publish your X and C meanings in a remedy.
Old 22nd February 2021, 06:59 PM   #71
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Again, this is NOT the homeopathy thread. Go there are publish your X and C meanings in a remedy.
That's your only response?

Okay.
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:10 PM   #72
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Okay. I've searched in Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology, I've searched in General Skepticism and The Paranormal, and I've searched in Social Issues & Current Events. I've even searched in Forum Community. I have at this time been unable to locate the Homeopathy Thread. As a result, this is the closest thing we have, since as bruto points out the word "allopathy" is a nonsense word that is exclusively used by the homeopathic industry (Big Homeo), coined by the founding father of homeopathy, and used to describe medicine that is not homeopathy. In other words, medicine.

Hence, my good information will remain in this thread.
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:46 PM   #73
Caroline13
Thinker

Okay. I've searched in Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology, I've searched in General Skepticism and The Paranormal, and I've searched in Social Issues & Current Events. I've even searched in Forum Community. I have at this time been unable to locate the Homeopathy Thread. As a result, this is the closest thing we have, since as bruto points out the word "allopathy" is a nonsense word that is exclusively used by the homeopathic industry (Big Homeo), coined by the founding father of homeopathy, and used to describe medicine that is not homeopathy. In other words, medicine.

Hence, my good information will remain in this thread.
I found the thread started by Dubious Dick in 2014, but keep your info where you choose. You've got seniority here and it seems anything goes "to a point"...althou I've had a lot of info moved.
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:48 PM   #74
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

I found the thread started by Dubious Dick in 2014, but keep your info where you choose. You've got seniority here and it seems anything goes "to a point"...althou I've had a lot of info moved.
It's usually better not to engage in thread necromancy.

But still no response to my good information? Have you ever made a homeopathic remedy?
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:00 PM   #75
Roboramma
Penultimate Amazing

For that matter why don't all of you post some good information for all to think about. Not just attacks on others info.

"Post some good information"

*information*

"Go somewhere else if you want to post information, this isn't the place for it"

???
"... when people thought the Earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the Earth was spherical they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the Earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the Earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together."
Isaac Asimov
Roboramma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:14 PM   #76
Caroline13
Thinker

It's usually better not to engage in thread necromancy.

But still no response to my good information? Have you ever made a homeopathic remedy?
No, I've Never made a homeopathic remedy. I would not know where to start, I buy them and they are very affordable.

I did get into Collodial Silver back in 1995 and made my own for some time, bought all the stuff I needed to make it and enjoyed doing it. Now I buy it t hat too.
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:27 PM   #77
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

No, I've Never made a homeopathic remedy. I would not know where to start,

You slap a homeopathic label on a bottle of water and pretend it has something in it other than water.

You really should read the labels on your homeopathic water bottles before telling us you think vaccines, which you also know nothing about, are dangerous.

Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 09:32 PM   #78
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I repeat, whatever you may think, this thread is headed "Allopathic Medicine," and was started as a celebration of the thing that homeopathy is not, using a term that was invented by the inventor of homeopathy. Like it or not, homeopathy (or perhaps more correctly, the bashing of homeopathy) is entirely germane to the thread topic.

Old 22nd February 2021, 09:33 PM   #79
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

No, I've Never made a homeopathic remedy. I would not know where to start, I buy them and they are very affordable.
It's very simple. All you need is some of your mother tincture (I used undiluted hydrochloric acid) and a whole lot of water.
  1. Dilute one part of your tincture into 100 parts water.
  2. Shake the vessel in each of the cardinal directions ten times, and strike it against a leather bound Bible ten times.
  3. This is 1C.
  4. Take one part of your 1C dilution and dilute it in 100 parts water.
  5. Shake the vessel in each of the cardinal directions ten times, and strike it against a leather bound Bible ten times.
  6. This is 2C.
  7. Repeat as many times as you like. Once you pass 12C, the probability of there being even a single molecule of your mother tincture in the mixture is infinitesimal.
  8. Keep going. After all, it only gets stronger the more dilute it is. I took mine to 24C (I said 28C earlier but that was wrong. I used a two dozen pack of bottled water).

The rank absurdity of this process should be obvious. And if you don't believe me that this is how you make a homeopathic remedy, you are free to look it up. I assure you I am being absolutely truthful.
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:04 PM   #80
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Some of us are. Or, at least, we completed all the studies necessary to become one. This is why we KNOW it is piffle.

Since we have been providing the classic Hahnemann homeopathic doctrine, and you are calling it "mumbo jumbo", perhaps you are unintentionally making progress towards the light.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology