IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer treatments , Coronavirus , Coronavirus treatment , vitamin c

Old 22nd February 2021, 04:37 PM   #201
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
I don't know what you are looking for. I've made it good to 82 with some issues
We are all waiting for you to look up the statistics. There is nothing extraordinary about yourself having some vaccines, as you admit, but not all, and living to 82.

However those, over 82, who take one of the Covid-19 vaccinations will have a much higher survival rate than you, an anti-vaxxer, who refuses to do so.

Most humans evolved intelligence, through evolution, to understand these things.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:07 PM   #202
Caroline13
Thinker

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
We are all waiting for you to look up the statistics. There is nothing extraordinary about yourself having some vaccines, as you admit, but not all, and living to 82.

However those, over 82, who take one of the Covid-19 vaccinations will have a much higher survival rate than you, an anti-vaxxer, who refuses to do so.

Most humans evolved intelligence, through evolution, to understand these things.
Oh what are smoking? Those over 82 who take vaccines have a better survival rate, again what are you smoking Lord Fauci, is that You? And if I'm an anti vaxxer so what, tell me???? It's none of your business or anyone's what a person does or does not do re: vaccines or any health treatments for that matter.
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:21 PM   #203
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Oh what are smoking? Those over 82 who take vaccines have a better survival rate, again what are you smoking Lord Fauci, is that You? And if I'm an anti vaxxer so what, tell me???? It's none of your business or anyone's what a person does or does not do re: vaccines or any health treatments for that matter.
And yet you seem awfully determined to make other people's decisions in those areas your business by actively coming to this site and making your preachy claims about them. No, sorry, you don't get to criticize people for what you disagree with and then scream "not your business!" when they disagree with you.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 22nd February 2021 at 06:24 PM. Reason: clarify
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:34 PM   #204
p0lka
Master Poster

Hi, have you dealt with that deoxyribonucleic acid shenanigans yet?

Seems to me it's kind of a pivot on where honesty can be judged purely by the reply.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 05:55 PM   #205
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Those over 82 who take vaccines have a better survival rate?
Yes "Caroline". Those who take the Covid 19 vaccine won't join the 500,000 US citizen who have already died from Covid-19.

You didn't even know that? That's amazing!

Lord Fauci, is that You?
HRH has not ennobled Dr Fauci has she? You do know the UK is a different country to the USA, right?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2021, 07:53 PM   #206
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know what you are looking for. I've made it good to 82 with some issues but all in all very grateful and live with thanks for my life.

Live to be 100, I'm not thinking that and to me that can be a Curse also.

And I never smoked, my son in law is dead at 55 and he smoked, and drank, I did my share but haven't touched any booze in maybe 8 yrs or so, don't miss it, don't need it, don't want it and the money I save. Dad drank to 2 weeks before he died, beer, and he was almost 95. Dad never smoked, this may have been his saving grace, but he was so ready to check out when he finally did.

What else do you want to know.
OK. Fine. But.

Do you want to try and answer my question?

Could you please explain why your formula for long life is better than what I have posted from people who have lived to be 100 by smoking and drinking? Who should I believe? Why?
Old 22nd February 2021, 08:07 PM   #207
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
Hi, have you dealt with that deoxyribonucleic acid shenanigans yet?

Seems to me it's kind of a pivot on where honesty can be judged purely by the reply.

Or, in this case, the total lack of a reply. Caroline13 as not even acknowledged she's read and understood my post. When shown to wrong, she fled like Brave Sir Robin.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 02:18 AM   #208
SteveAitch
Thinker

[color="Navy"]
HRH has not ennobled Dr Fauci has she? You do know the UK is a different country to the USA, right?
Maybe she thinks he is a member of the Sith?

Let's face it, "The Farce is strong in this one..."
Old 23rd February 2021, 02:39 AM   #209
Carrot Flower King
Muse

Well, the statistics certainly show that over-80s vaccinated agin Covid have better survival rates than those who weren't.

And if you haven't worked out the population level dangers of being anti-vax, I can only suggest you have not read much epidemiology nor medical history. Your rights stop where my body starts...You have no right to spread an illness which affects anyone else.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:12 AM   #210
Mojo
Mostly harmless

It’s generally a requirement of health-related conspiracy theories that their adherents are unaware that there are countries other than the USA that do not have the same healthcare model. Therefore the UK has to be part of the USA.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:50 AM   #211
malbui
Beauf

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
It’s generally a requirement of health-related conspiracy theories that their adherents are unaware that there are countries other than the USA that do not have the same healthcare model. Therefore the UK has to be part of the USA.
Derail but I swear that on more than one occasion in the US I've been asked where I'm from, I've replied "London", and the next question has been "what state is that in?"
Old 23rd February 2021, 05:25 AM   #212
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by malbui View Post
Derail but I swear that on more than one occasion in the US I've been asked where I'm from, I've replied "London", and the next question has been "what state is that in?"
Ontario?
Old 23rd February 2021, 05:56 AM   #213
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Gord_in_Toronto View Post
Ontario?

”State”?!!

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:37 AM   #214
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
”State”?!!
As they used to say on alt.folklore.urban (qv) when some newbie (qv) was successfully trolled (qv), "Caught one."

You'll have to watch Talking to AmericansWP. I can't find the actual episode when Rick asked a question about kids' test scores in Canadian States to a mother with a child. When the mom started answering, the kid said," Wait a second . . . Canada has provinces not States!"

And there is a London, OntarioWP. It's even on the River Thames.

Old 23rd February 2021, 09:05 AM   #215
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

As they used to say on alt.folklore.urban (qv) when some newbie (qv) was successfully trolled (qv), "Caught one."

You'll have to watch Talking to AmericansWP. I can't find the actual episode when Rick asked a question about kids' test scores in Canadian States to a mother with a child. When the mom started answering, the kid said," Wait a second . . . Canada has provinces not States!"

And there is a London, OntarioWP. It's even on the River Thames.

There's a New London on the Thames in Connecticut too, but they pronounce it with the "TH," and a long "a."

Speaking of geographical illiteracy, remember that there's a good reason why the license plates from one border state read "New Mexico U.S.A."

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 04:04 PM   #216
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
There's a New London on the Thames in Connecticut too, but they pronounce it with the "TH," and a long "a."

Speaking of geographical illiteracy, remember that there's a good reason why the license plates from one border state read "New Mexico U.S.A."
New Mexico is in the USA? Are sure?
Old 23rd February 2021, 07:33 PM   #217
EHocking
Philosopher

New Mexico is in the USA? Are sure?
Old Mexico is just south of it . . .
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2021, 09:38 PM   #218
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Old Mexico is just south of it . . .
That is not what the guy in the interview with Jay Leno said. Where you guys come up with this stuff continues to amaze me.
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:07 PM   #219
EHocking
Philosopher

That is not what the guy in the interview with Jay Leno said. Where you guys come up with this stuff continues to amaze me.
Not being a Merkin, it’s called a knowledge of geography.

Oh, and not watching Leno.
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology