ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:14 AM   #241
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
He would still be wrong because they aren't charging "China and other countries that have not treated us fairly". It's Americans that are being charged with the tariffs and have to pay more money to buy stuff.

I suspect that in Trump’s mind, if he (i.e. the US govt) is getting the money, he’s winning. He doesn’t care who it comes from.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:20 AM   #242
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

The RNC has a great Chairwoman in Ronna McDaniel and the
@GOP has never been stronger. We achieved historic wins with her help last year! #MAGA
Three cheers for Ronna McDaniel’s help with the Democratic Party midterms debacle!
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:26 AM   #243
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
He would still be wrong because they aren't charging "China and other countries that have not treated us fairly". It's Americans that are being charged with the tariffs and have to pay more money to buy stuff.
Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
Because a US competitor will "magically" start up and be able to produce said items for less! You see in Trumps mind computer parts manufacturing is simple, new factories can be built in a few weeks with little start up costs or lead time for R&D and tooling.

Oh and of course the vast majority of steel used by "Detroit" comes from Canada.

And of course, if it's true that the US is taking in "billions" from these tariffs, that proves that US competitors aren't stepping up to replace foreign sources of these products with new domestic sources, which was (allegedly) the whole point of the tariffs in the first place.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:42 AM   #244
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Looks like another rough day for stock markets... Apple stocks (as well as other technology companies) have dropped, in part because of uncertainties and Trump's trade war.

Data showed Thursday that a gauge of U.S. manufacturing plunged last month by the most since October 2008, a fresh sign of deceleration in the economy amid global strains across the sector.

From: https://business.financialpost.com/i...lts-currencies
The Institute for Supply Management index dropped to a two-year low of 54.1, missing all estimates in Bloomberg’s survey. All five main components declined, led by new orders slumping the most in almost five years and the steepest slide for production since early 2012. Employment, delivery and inventory gauges fell...

Granted, many/most companies are still expected to report profits, but predictions have greatly been lowered.

Welcome to the Trump economy.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:29 PM   #245
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Three cheers for Ronna McDaniel’s help with the Democratic Party midterms debacle!
Thar would be Ronna Romney McDaniel, who stopped using her maiden name because Trump told her to, and whose uncle doesn't think so highly of The Donald.
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:33 PM   #246
gregthehammer
Muse

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Thar would be Ronna Romney McDaniel, who stopped using her maiden name because Trump told her to, and whose uncle doesn't think so highly of The Donald.
Well, until today, whereby Mitt has come out in support of the wall.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05c88b7057ef5
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:36 PM   #247
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
Quote:
Well, until today, whereby Mitt has come out in support of the wall.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05c88b7057ef5
Is it too early to assume that Romney will just be continuing in the tradition of Flake and Collins? (Senators that made a lot of empty rhetoric about problems with the administration but at the end of the day voted to support almost everything Trump wants)

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:51 PM   #248
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump mocks India PM Narendra Modi over Afghanistan library

Quote:
US President Donald Trump has mocked the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi for funding a library in Afghanistan.

Mr Trump suggested the contribution was of no use to reconstruction efforts in the country.

"That's like five hours of what we spend," the US president mocked.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...nistan-library
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:52 PM   #249
gregthehammer
Muse

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Is it too early to assume that Romney will just be continuing in the tradition of Flake and Collins? (Senators that made a lot of empty rhetoric about problems with the administration but at the end of the day voted to support almost everything Trump wants)
Mitch McConnell must have had a word with him.
And as the fable tells us, the Turtle always wins.
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:57 PM   #250
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Trump Tweets

The Shutdown is only because of the 2020 Presidential Election. The Democrats know they can’t win based on all of the achievements of “Trump,” so they are going all out on the desperately needed Wall and Border Security - and Presidential Harassment. For them, strictly politics!
Wait. He’s not just using the third person, he’s also putting his name in quotation marks?
Old 3rd January 2019, 12:58 PM   #251
Stacyhs
Philosopher

It's not too early at all. His history shows this is his SOP. During the campaign, Romney said of Trump:

Quote:
I’m afraid that when it comes to foreign policy he is very, very not smart.
Quote:
Now, I’m far from the first to conclude that Donald Trump lacks the temperament to be president.
Quote:
Dishonesty is Donald Trump’s hallmark.
Quote:
He’s not of the temperament of the kind of stable, thoughtful person we need as a leader.
Quote:
Think of Donald Trump’s personal qualities. The bullying, the greed, the showing off, the misogyny, the absurd third grade theatrics. You know, we have long referred to him as “The Donald.” He’s the only person in the entire country to whom we have added an article before his name, and it was not because he had attributes we admired.
Quote:
There’s plenty of evidence that Mr. Trump is a con man, a fake.
Quote:
And I predict that despite his promise to do so, first made over a year ago, that he will never ever release his tax returns. Never — not the returns under audit; not even the returns that are no longer being audited. He has too much to hide. Nor will he authorize the release of the tapes that he made with The New York Times.

If I’m right, you’ll have all the proof you need to know that Donald Trump is indeed a phony.
Quote:
Here’s what I know. Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University.
Quote:
He has neither the temperament nor the judgment to be president and his personal qualities would mean that America would cease to be a shining city on a hill.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/04/u...ey-speech.html

Yet, after Trump's election, he couldn't run fast enough straight to "the phony, the fraud" to try and become "the conman, the fake's" Secretary of State. He says one thing then does another. Romney is as big a fake, a phony as Trump.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:10 PM   #252
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
It's not too early at all. His history shows this is his SOP. During the campaign, Romney said of Trump:

(quotes criticising Trump deleted for space)

Yet, after Trump's election, he couldn't run fast enough straight to "the phony, the fraud" to try and become "the conman, the fake's" Secretary of State.
Yes, and that of course lead to the now infamous picture that made Trump look even more evil and Romney as a stooge.:
Attached Images
File Type: png tr.png (35.5 KB, 279 views)

We are Groot - Groot
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:17 PM   #253
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
No kidding. I'm making this up as an example...

...How is China "paying" this 20%????

The same way Mexico is going to pay for the wall.

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Going point on the steel. Brain cramp on my part. Although Trump tariffed them too, to retaliate for dairy or whatever.

A Trumpian "win-win", it seems ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:17 PM   #254
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Trump Tweets

The Shutdown is only because of the 2020 Presidential Election. The Democrats know they can’t win based on all of the achievements of “Trump,” so they are going all out on the desperately needed Wall and Border Security - and Presidential Harassment. For them, strictly politics!
Tsk tsk. It should be "achievements" of Trump.
Old 3rd January 2019, 01:40 PM   #255
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweeted

Crisis on the Border video
https://twitter.com/i/status/1080923073820282880
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:38 PM   #256
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

"Russia used to be the Soviet Union. Afghanistan made it Russia because they went bankrupt fighting in Afghanistan. Russia."

"I had a meeting at the Pentagon with lots of generals. They were like from a movie. Better looking than Tom Cruise, & stronger. And I had more generals than I've ever seen, & we were at the bottom of this incredible room. I said, 'this is greatest room I've ever seen."

says he "I saw more computer boards than I think that they make today."

"I just got a great letter from Kim Jong Un. The few people that I've showed this letter to - they've never written letters like that. This letter is a great letter"

Says that if he hadn't won in 16, "You'd be having a nice big fat war in Asia"

"I've heard numbers as high as $275 billion we lose on illegal immigration."

"I was here on Christmas evening, I was all by myself in the White House. That's a big, big house. Except for all the guys out on the lawn with machine guns... I was hoping that maybe somebody would come back and negotiate."

"When they say the wall is immoral, then you better do something about the Vatican. The Vatican has the biggest wall of them all...They work 100%. Never going to change. A wall is a wall... I think the people of the country think I'm right."

"The reason it's down is because I called up some of the OPEC people, I say 'don't do it.'... I called up certain people and I said 'let that damn oil and gasoline, you let it flow,' the oil."
Jesue he has gone Captain Queeg on us.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:40 PM   #257
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Romney is as big a fake, a phony as Trump.
He probably is as phony as Trump - or not quite, it would be difficult to top Trump - but he probably knows more about how money works than most people in the Senate, and IMO he has no concerns about his personal popularity. That puts him in a position to maybe call Trump on his BS. It probably won't help much, but Romney does have a degree of independence, and in fact garnered a bigger share of the popular vote than Trump did in 2016.

I don't know how much good the criticism does when he will probably vote in lock-step with Trump's bloc of Senate support. Still, I think it's a good thing that he has Trump's number.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 02:47 PM   #258
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
He probably is as phony as Trump - or not quite, it would be difficult to top Trump - but he probably knows more about how money works than most people in the Senate, and IMO he has no concerns about his personal popularity. That puts him in a position to maybe call Trump on his BS. It probably won't help much, but Romney does have a degree of independence, and in fact garnered a bigger share of the popular vote than Trump did in 2016.

I don't know how much good the criticism does when he will probably vote in lock-step with Trump's bloc of Senate support. Still, I think it's a good thing that he has Trump's number.
Trump suggests Romney is a "Flake" (and scores a .2 kudos point for wit!)

Trump Tweets

Here we go with Mitt Romney, but so fast! Question will be, is he a Flake? I hope not. Would much prefer that Mitt focus on Border Security and so many other things where he can be helpful. I won big, and he didn’t. He should be happy for all Republicans. Be a TEAM player & WIN!
and Romney comes running.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 04:44 PM   #259
Arcade22
Illuminator

Quote:
Nobody knows much more about technology, this type of technology certainly, as I do
Another thing Donald Trump knows better than anyone else anywhere can, ever.
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 04:47 PM   #260
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
From your link:

(bolding mine)

After the pitiful performance of the GOP House majority these last 8 years, one can only wonder if people like McCarthy have any self-awareness at all.
Attack Clinton and it is about law and order, attack Trump and it is about revenge and sour grapes.
Old 3rd January 2019, 04:53 PM   #261
AnonyMoose
Critical Thinker

Trump Tweeted

Crisis on the Border video
https://twitter.com/i/status/1080923073820282880

How to "Propaganda-With-Zeal" 101
(sampled from Trump University's 1st year curriculum):

Mayhem!
Chaos!
Terrorists!
They're coming to get us!

The end is nigh! The end is nigh!

Last edited by AnonyMoose; 3rd January 2019 at 04:55 PM.
AnonyMoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 04:56 PM   #262
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Its very telling how currently I think hey maybe Romney is one to actually stand up to Trump and be one of the very few decent Republicans. But in 2012 he was an awful awful awful candidate. In fact he might be to blame for getting Trump on the GOP ticket, he was so bad.

ETA: but Romney actually received a higher percentage of the vote than Trump did.

Last edited by lobosrul5; 3rd January 2019 at 05:01 PM.
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 06:00 PM   #263
Tero
Graduate Poster

Romney’s just as awful as Kavanaugh. Maybe both a tiny bit better than awful.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 06:15 PM   #264
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Trump Tweets

The RNC has a great Chairwoman in Ronna McDaniel and the
@GOP has never been stronger. We achieved historic wins with her help last year! #MAGA
Ronna McDaniel... I'm sure the similarity in names to his Childhood Nutrition Advisor, Ronald McDonald is merely a coincidence.

What you really have is Donnie trying to blow some glitter onto the newly de-certified RNC head. He now owns the RNC. McDaniel is a Trumpette from day 1 and part of the GOP resurgence in Michigan in '16. Perhaps that's what he means by the great victories she led the party to "last year", where "last" in Trumpese equals "last time we won something".

Oh, and it's a shot across Mitt's bow. She's Mitt's niece. She's a perfect Trumpette... questions nothing. If Trump says "support crushing puppies to make tasty dessert toppings" Ronna will be out there helping name the flavors.... "Terrier Twists.... Spaniel Sprinkles... Collie Confetti... Poodle Doodles..."

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 06:22 PM   #265
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets
Michael Pillsbury interviewed by @cvpayne: “They have the motive of making the President look bad – instead of President Trump being portrayed as a HERO. The first President to take China on, it’s 20 years overdue....

....President Trump deserves a lot of credit, but again, you have the anti-Trump people who are not going to give him a lot of credit.”
Old 3rd January 2019, 06:27 PM   #266
CapelDodger
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump gets the money for his wall, it'll be a good while before it's built, even Trump would surely concede that. But there's a crisis now! What the hell is he going to do about it now?

God can make a cow out of a tree, but has He ever done so? Therefore show some reason why a thing is so, or cease to hold that it is so - William of Conches, c1150
CapelDodger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 06:34 PM   #267
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Trump Tweets
Michael Pillsbury interviewed by @cvpayne: “They have the motive of making the President look bad – instead of President Trump being portrayed as a HERO. The first President to take China on, it’s 20 years overdue....

....President Trump deserves a lot of credit, but again, you have the anti-Trump people who are not going to give him a lot of credit.”
Someone with some Twitter street cred ought to tweet back...

Pillsbury Duh Boy.... the master armorer of Red China and the Taliban, both? That Michael Pillsbury?

Noted sinophobe warhawk Michael Pillsbury supports Trump. Big surprise. He makes Bolton look like Neville Chamberlain.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:03 PM   #268
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Or does does he suspect Trump will be going down and he wants to establish some plausible deniability?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:50 PM   #269
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Someone with some Twitter street cred ought to tweet back...

Pillsbury Duh Boy.... the master armorer of Red China and the Taliban, both? That Michael Pillsbury?

Noted sinophobe warhawk Michael Pillsbury supports Trump. Big surprise. He makes Bolton look like Neville Chamberlain.
Prince Bandar's fingerprints were all over Syria once the foreign fighters sniffing out a land grab basically wrested control from the native resistance with legitimate grievances.

Just...why can't these most disgusting examples of the Boomers age just die.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:55 PM   #270
lobosrul5
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Just...why can't these most disgusting examples of the Boomers age just die.
Medicare?
lobosrul5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 07:57 PM   #271
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by CapelDodger View Post
If Trump gets the money for his wall, it'll be a good while before it's built, even Trump would surely concede that. But there's a crisis now! What the hell is he going to do about it now?
He wants to pocket the cash personally. That he can do almost immediately. He will find a way of doing that, just like your taxpayer dollars pay for his "rent" at Mar-A-Lago and putting up government officials at Trump hotels wherever he goes.

Chances are it will end up in Russian and Saudi banks in accounts in his name, a tidy little bonus for them!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:29 PM   #272
Foolmewunz
TLA Dictator

Has anyone figured out his comment from his most recent bizarre statements about being in the big secret room with so many computer boards?

Did he mean computer stations? Screens? Did any of the geek sites follow up on it. I realize he says so many bizarre things that not all of them end up on the radar but that struck me as stream-of-consciousness verbal diarrhea.

Old 3rd January 2019, 09:47 PM   #273
Armitage72
Master Poster

Donald Trump mocks India PM Narendra Modi over Afghanistan library

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-...nistan-library

Trump doesn't have any use for those book things, so why would anyone else want them?
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 09:58 PM   #274
newyorkguy
Philosopher

Looks like another rough day for stock markets... Apple stocks (as well as other technology companies) have dropped, in part because of uncertainties and Trump's trade war.

Data showed Thursday that a gauge of U.S. manufacturing plunged last month by the most since October 2008, a fresh sign of deceleration in the economy amid global strains across the sector...
All the ranting about trade, the threats, the hostility towards nations that are America's most reliable trade partners, the cozying up to Putin, North Korea, the Saudi crown prince, the constant stream of mindless comments, the constant lying... This has to have a destabilizing effect at some point. It's a very dangerous game Trump is playing. Hey they loved him in Atlantic City, too. For a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trumpity doo-dah.jpg (84.5 KB, 18 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 10:53 PM   #275
Minoosh
Philosopher

Originally Posted by lobosrul5 View Post
Its very telling how currently I think hey maybe Romney is one to actually stand up to Trump and be one of the very few decent Republicans. But in 2012 he was an awful awful awful candidate. In fact he might be to blame for getting Trump on the GOP ticket, he was so bad.

ETA: but Romney actually received a higher percentage of the vote than Trump did.
A point I struggle to make. His 2012 popular vote total was better than Trump's 2016 popular vote total. I'm not sure I have stated that clearly enough.

Look, I'm no big Romney fan but I do think he's demonstrated greater competence than Trump in a number of areas - coming up with a health-care plan, advocating for the Winter Olympics in his state, showing some talent for finding bargains in failing businesses & then turning them around or cutting them loose. And being genuinely dedicated (for better or worse) to the tenets of his faith, which doesn't make him better than Trump, just marginally more accountable.

I suspect a genuine rivalry with Trump will begin to develop, unlike in the case of say, Lindsey Graham, who has forfeited whatever credibility he once had. Romney in the Senate has a chance of getting under Trump's skin. I'm not saying it will happen, but Mitt does have a separate base of power, so at least it's possible that he will retain some degree of independence.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:05 PM   #276
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Has anyone figured out his comment from his most recent bizarre statements about being in the big secret room with so many computer boards?

Did he mean computer stations? Screens? Did any of the geek sites follow up on it. I realize he says so many bizarre things that not all of them end up on the radar but that struck me as stream-of-consciousness verbal diarrhea.
I see it as a downright grandpa trying to sound relevant. Since nobody has ever told him he look stupid when he tries this, he just keeps on doing it.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:17 PM   #277
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Looks like GOP 2020 is going to be between Pence and Romney, two people who both believe that they were Chosen by a higher power to become President.
I suggest a cagematch to settle who gets to rule America: Evangelicals or Mormons.
Old 3rd January 2019, 11:30 PM   #278
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Looks like GOP 2020 is going to be between Pence and Romney, two people who both believe that they were Chosen by a higher power to become President.
I suggest a cagematch to settle who gets to rule America: Evangelicals or Mormons.
Two men enter, both get raptured!!
Old 4th January 2019, 12:07 AM   #279
Molinaro
Illuminator

From a story on CNN:

Originally Posted by CNN
The US national debt stood at $21.974 trillion at the end of 2018, more than $2 trillion higher than when President Donald Trump took office, according to numbers released Thursday by the Treasury Department.
Just how many years until those tax cuts trickle down into increased revenue?

Originally Posted by CNN
The debt began to level off at the beginning of Trump's term, but bounced up again last year as the tax cuts passed at the end of 2017 took effect and the dramatically lower corporate tax rate lowered Treasury revenues.

As a candidate, Trump promised to "get rid of" the national debt, telling the Washington Post in 2016 that he could make the US debt-free "over a period of eight years."
How is it that Republican supporters, pre election, continually swallow the bs about fiscal responsibility when the Republican led governments are always the ones blowing up the national debt?
Old 4th January 2019, 12:54 AM   #280
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Molinaro View Post
How is it that Republican supporters, pre election, continually swallow the bs about fiscal responsibility when the Republican led governments are always the ones blowing up the national debt?
Skepticism not taught in schools but unquestioning adherence to religious fantasy is.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics