IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , nist , wtc7

Old 2nd September 2020, 09:35 AM   #1
MileHighMadness
Muse

...is denied

NIST told AE 9/11 Truth to go pound sand.

https://www.ae911truth.org/nist

Of course they are going to appeal, so donate money now!
Old 2nd September 2020, 10:05 AM   #2
bknight
Master Poster

Good for NIST. It is a shame that anyone connected with 9/11 Truth keeps dangling low fruit to the families instead of just letting them get some closure.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 02:53 PM   #3
benthamitemetric
Muse

The response by NIST actually includes a number of very helpful clarifications about the process by which they determined the appropriate assumptions to employ at certain stages in their models. Too bad Hulsey's grad students didn't have the benefit of this additional insight into how actual professionals should approach such a task before embarking on their ill-fated attempts to model WTC7. In any case, kudos to the poor soul at NIST who had to dig through their old files to set the record straight on these points, and thanks to AE911Truth for serving up to NIST the alley-oop pass it needed to dunk on them like this.

Last edited by benthamitemetric; 2nd September 2020 at 03:00 PM.
benthamitemetric is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2020, 06:44 PM   #4
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Little Dicky G
"Even a cursory reading of NIST’s letter, prepared by the staff of the Engineering Laboratory headquarters, reveals NIST’s response to be a blatant avoidance of the arguments and facts contained in the request, written with the intention of misleading the uninformed reader into believing an adequate response has been provided...

...and is in direct conflict with our intentional misleading of the addled reader."
Old 10th September 2020, 01:01 PM   #5
Fonebone
persona non grata

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post

Yes The appeal was denied.
However the NIST, in denying the appeal, attempted to scuttle the entire body of evidence that the re-examination of the facts the NIST used to justify their original conclusions. No longer veiled in secrecy, the reexamination will reveal to the scientific literate their step by step thought processes of evidence examination would also have to be scrutinized. Evidence previously rejected might gain veracity as verifiable evidences and facts are factored into the equations.
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 10th September 2020 at 01:03 PM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2020, 01:41 PM   #6
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
However the NIST, in denying the appeal, attempted to scuttle the entire body of evidence that the re-examination of the facts the NIST used to justify their original conclusions. No longer veiled in secrecy, the reexamination will reveal to the scientific literate their step by step thought processes of evidence examination would also have to be scrutinized. Evidence previously rejected might gain veracity as verifiable evidences and facts are factored into the equations.
Why are people gullible, when all they have are lies from ae911truth. How do they fool people? There is no evidence, no logic, no facts from 9/11 truth.

Who is hiding the evidence, you don't have? A&E idiots have other people's money... you were fooled by liars, and you don't know it.

You could have had a PhD in engineering since 9/11, instead you have PhD in spreading BS plagiarized from 9/11 truth sources of woo.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2020, 03:48 PM   #7
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

However the NIST, in denying the appeal, attempted to scuttle the entire body of evidence that the re-examination of the facts the NIST used to justify their original conclusions.
Actually NIST just stood by their own analysis.

The process does not require them to scuttle anything.
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 02:01 AM   #8
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
I forget, what was supposed to be hidden in WTC7 again? What was the whole point of the "conspiracy"?

In all this tergiversating around with appeals to NIST containing minutiae, AE911Trooooth don't seem to have a bigger picture.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 05:35 AM   #9
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
I forget, what was supposed to be hidden in WTC7 again? What was the whole point of the "conspiracy"?

In all this tergiversating around with appeals to NIST containing minutiae, AE911Trooooth don't seem to have a bigger picture.
Well, The Securities and Exchange Commission was a tenant and they were investigating Enron, I seem to remember reading a legit piece about CIA operating from an office there and of course, the 23rd floor EOC was actually the command center used for the attacks. Too much evidence laying around, you know.

Basically, The entire World Trade Center was destroyed so WTC7 would become a paper shredder.
Old 11th September 2020, 07:05 AM   #10
Leftus
Master Poster

Why would they do that. Keep in mind, we are talking about people not involved in the attacks at all. Some of them, probably, weren't even working at NIST 20 years ago. Even the senior officials, have moved on. It takes years to achieve a senior position. And it's not held on to for decades.

Why would people who had no involvement in the coverup, continue with the coverup? They wouldn't. Why would they take responsibility for the murder of 3000 innocent people? It's just not something that would actually happen.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 09:19 AM   #11
Metullus
Forum ¾-Wit Pro Tem

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
Well, The Securities and Exchange Commission was a tenant and they were investigating Enron, I seem to remember reading a legit piece about CIA operating from an office there and of course, the 23rd floor EOC was actually the command center used for the attacks. Too much evidence laying around, you know.

Basically, The entire World Trade Center was destroyed so WTC7 would become a paper shredder.
I have it on good authority that all CIA offices are in underground bunkers located beneath Buy More electronics stores.

Aristotle taught that the brain exists merely to cool the blood and is not involved in the process of thinking. This is true only of certain persons. - Will Cuppy
Metullus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 12:25 PM   #12
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Metullus View Post
I have it on good authority that all CIA offices are in underground bunkers located beneath Buy More electronics stores.
Nobody buys mattress in person. Mattress Firm is just a front. I've said too much.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 04:37 PM   #13
Jaytje46
Muse

"Wait! Before you go, please help us raise $3,000 to cover our legal fees and ensure the strongest possible appeal!"
Jaytje46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 04:42 PM   #14
Jaytje46
Muse

This is just lying.

"Parties who submit requests for correction under the Data Quality Act are not automatically entitled to receive the corrective action they seek; they must successfully prove their case to the agency. They are, however, entitled to a point-by-point response to all relevant arguments contained in the request when the agency decides not to take corrective action. In this regard, NIST’s response to our request is nothing short of egregious.

Even a cursory reading of NIST’s letter, prepared by the staff of the Engineering Laboratory headquarters, reveals NIST’s response to be a blatant avoidance of the arguments and facts contained in the request, written with the intention of misleading the uninformed reader into believing an adequate response has been provided."

They did exactly what they asked for if I look at the response from NIST

https://www.ae911truth.org/images/PD...e-2020-001.pdf

So who is misleading who here?
Jaytje46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 08:52 PM   #15
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Well... another year has gone by, and another 9/11 anniversary. I stop in here, and what's there to see? AE911T still thinks that the nitpickery of minutiae over a single, isolated element will somehow be the magic key that demonstrates a collapse of WTC 7 couldn't happen.

In other words, nothing new.

Yeah, next year is the 20th anniversary. 20th!! I guess resurrected claims will come back into style out of nostalgia...

So anyway, what in heaven's name is this current focus by the Architects and Engineers group on the expansion and supposed non-walkoff of the column anyway? If the column is expanding and even walking off a bit (their argument is that it's just not enough?) it's already causing a load transfer, right? So at that point, it's already a dynamic system, and AE911T is simply trying to insist that one possible outcome (trapping of the column) out of God knows how many is THE outcome.

Have I got that right? Why would the "trapping" actually stop the collapse? It's not like the loads would go away, right? If anything, they're all eccentric now and causing tension and compression forces elsewhere, I'd think. So what's the argument that it would stop? Seems to me that they're trying to say the snowball gets stuck behind the boulder, therefore the avalanche never takes place. But who am I; I'm no engineer.

Anyway... MileHigh? Dave Rogers? Ozeco41?? Yeah, it's me, EMH, the guy who hasn't been around for years. I'm trying to get my yearly Sept. 11 visit in before that AJM8125 attempts to make me dicks a potato...

Last edited by ElMondoHummus; 11th September 2020 at 08:54 PM.
ElMondoHummus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 10:54 PM   #16
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger

Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Welcome back, EMH.
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2020, 07:57 AM   #17
MileHighMadness
Muse

EMH...good to hear from you.
Old 12th September 2020, 08:26 AM   #18
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by ElMondoHummus View Post
I'm trying to get my yearly Sept. 11 visit in before that AJM8125 attempts to make me dicks a potato...
...he said, sitting on a 100 pound sack of Russets.

"Make".

Pfffft.

Last edited by TJM; 12th September 2020 at 10:08 AM.
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2020, 02:02 PM   #19
ElMondoHummus
0.25 short of being half-witted

Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post
Welcome back, EMH.
Hi Orphia!

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
...he said, sitting on a 100 pound sack of Russets.

"Make".

Pfffft.
Hey, I didn't put 'em there.

Plus, you keep promising to show your expert technique, but all the youtube links you give keep saying something about violating content policy...

EMH...good to hear from you.
Thanks! Hey, how far off am I in what I was saying above about the column analysis, load shift, etc? I mean, if it's full of hooey, don't hold back. I'm either going to look like I'm lucky or ignorant, but either way, learning something would be cool.
Old 16th September 2020, 07:32 AM   #20
MileHighMadness
Muse

EMH...yeah, you right on about the column analysis and girder walk-off. It's Tony Sz. wet dream, his silver bullet to prove control demolition.
Old 24th September 2020, 01:33 AM   #21
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Nobody buys mattress in person. Mattress Firm is just a front. I've said too much.
It's not just 'they', it's Zem
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories