IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , political predictions , prediction thread

View Poll Results: Which do you expect to be closer to what we'll get from Lame Don?
Lots of attention-seeking & complaining & crazy orders & so on like we're used to 47 97.92%
Waiting quietly for the clock to run out 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6th November 2020, 08:05 PM   #1
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

Lame Don predictions

Some speech trump gave recently (I don't remember which), or maybe a short group of tweets with a slightly less berserk & more giving-up tone than they'd been for a while, struck me as if the rage he'd been showing for days was burning him out. Maybe it was just that he was at a certain point in his uppers-downers cycle, but it reminded me of something...

I've gotten the impression that most people expect him to spend the next few months trumping more trumpily than ever, spewing forth a new dense burst of last-minute destroy-everything orders. But I think not; I get the impression that he'll be so depressed & despondent that he'll go strangely, untrumpily quiet, almost like he's trying to hide (which actually might be part of it).

If you're familiar with the video clip from a German movie, portraying Hitler's rage when he realized that it was all over for him, think of not the intense screaming middle bit but the end, when he sits back down and says the last couple of lines with so little energy that his vocal chords barely activate, looking like he'd be crying if he weren't so drained of emotional energy, like he's given up on everything including crying.

We might have already seen the beginning of this withdrawal/retreat, since today was the first whole day of everybody being pretty sure of the results all day, and he doesn't seem to have done or said anything in particular today. So maybe I'm a day late doing this, but at least at this point those who expect more loud trumpy noises from the White House for months can still think either my impression of today is wrong or it's just today and he be back to his usual trumpiness again soon.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2020, 08:16 PM   #2
Cain
Straussian

I want to say COVID rallies, but he'll probably end up jetting to properties to cheat at golf and bilk taxpayers. He'll also field offers from potential media partners.
Diablo: You're a lousy bigot. Apologise and withdraw that remark.
Cain: Nah.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2020, 08:19 PM   #3
Hans
Philosopher

I predict he'll start his campaign for re-election for 2024 in late November then in Jan when Biden is sworn in he'll intensify his actions.

He will be spreading the message that all the Red states should join him in his new United Trump States.

He will begin to pretend he is STILL president to all the Red states now in the UTS and will start sending out orders to them, setting up a cabinet, etc. Pure nuttiness

Last edited by Hans; 6th November 2020 at 08:34 PM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2020, 08:27 PM   #4
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

In a confused fury he will get into a fight with a Canada goose, and lose. They'll be picking orange bits out of green poop for a week afterward, then bury the bits in a sand trap at Mar-a-Lago. Which will then be sold, paved over, and turned into an Amazon warehouse.
Old 6th November 2020, 08:38 PM   #5
8enotto
Master Poster

If his planned attempt to use his supreme court trick to stay in power can't get traction his options are limited. Maybe steal the white house silverware and furniture for two months but other than that what?

Fading away in a depression is quite possible. Even R type allies are putting distances now to try to save thier own skin, its not going to be like it was for him.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 01:41 AM   #6
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I want to say COVID rallies, but he'll probably end up jetting to properties to cheat at golf and bilk taxpayers. He'll also field offers from potential media partners.
Sounds about right.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 02:07 AM   #7
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
I predict he'll start his campaign for re-election for 2024 in late November then in Jan when Biden is sworn in he'll intensify his actions.

He will be spreading the message that all the Red states should join him in his new United Trump States.

He will begin to pretend he is STILL president to all the Red states now in the UTS and will start sending out orders to them, setting up a cabinet, etc. Pure nuttiness
Quite likely.
Old 7th November 2020, 02:17 AM   #8
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
If his planned attempt to use his supreme court trick to stay in power can't get traction his options are limited. Maybe steal the white house silverware and furniture for two months but other than that what?

Fading away in a depression is quite possible. Even R type allies are putting distances now to try to save thier own skin, its not going to be like it was for him.
As I have said before, I have seen first hand what happens when a malignant narcissist's sense of self collapses. They will oscillate between rage and depression, they will lash out at friends (if they have any) and family, and then go introverted into long periods of silence and sulking.

It is not a pretty sight, and you really don't want to be anywhere near them when it happens.
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 01:52 PM   #9
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
As I have said before, I have seen first hand what happens when a malignant narcissist's sense of self collapses. They will oscillate between rage and depression, they will lash out at friends (if they have any) and family, and then go introverted into long periods of silence and sulking.
Will that be on pay-per-view?
Old 7th November 2020, 02:56 PM   #10
sackett
Philosopher

Well all right!

And there is half of a good script treatment for a dystopian comedy movie. Or tragedy. Or both.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 04:43 PM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Second option should have been identified as Planet X.
Old 7th November 2020, 04:50 PM   #12
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

A wave of pardons and Executive orders, most of then pure spite motivated.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 04:57 PM   #13
seayakin
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

It is not a pretty sight, and you really don't want to be anywhere near them when it happens.
On top of this, the sycophants in his administration will move on abandoning him. Trump will die of cardiac arrest brought on by complications from COVID within two years.
Old 7th November 2020, 06:03 PM   #14
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Second option should have been identified as Planet X.
Indeed. By rule, poll invalid!

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 09:42 PM   #15
Delvo
Дэлво Δελϝο דֶלְבֹֿ देल्वो

I seem to be alone on predicting this, but he's definitely fitting my prediction better than the alternative so far. I suppose this could change at any time, but, so far...

He's tweeted, but nothing like the "The Birds" flocks of tweets we've seen when he's had his meltdowns & tirades on other subjects before. He's spoken in public just once in several days, and sounded as insane as usual, but with a calmer sort of insanity than usual. He's taken no government actions but firing one person, and that wasn't in response to anything about the campaign or election but his refusal to do what Trump wanted several weeks before, so it's probably been in the works since before election day. We hear other White House people talking about trying to reason with him but depicting him as sad when they do, not having screaming rage-fits, and he's kept it in the White House, not brought it out for all to see.

That's hiding and sulking, not lashing out... so far.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2020, 09:49 PM   #16
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
A wave of pardons and Executive orders, most of then pure spite motivated.
And firings.
Old 10th November 2020, 12:10 AM   #17
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Generally wrecking whatever **** he can.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 06:44 AM   #18
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Probably. He needs to prop up his properties. He'll hold big events to funnel campaign contributions and RNC money to himself and his nitts who grew into lice.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 06:49 AM   #19
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I predict that Trump is going to literally crap all over the White House on his way out.
Old 10th November 2020, 06:51 AM   #20
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

It's really a question of how quickly these legal battles are decided. If they drag on long enough, that may be the only narrative until right before election day. Trump will, of course, not back off his claims of vote fraud while his legal challenges are still open.

I have no idea what to expect from Trump should his legal challenges be defeated quickly and he's out of legitimate options to challenge the elections. I would guess sulking and pathetic calls to Fox News daytime television.
Old 10th November 2020, 11:40 AM   #21
Modified
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I predict that Trump is going to literally crap all over the White House on his way out.
Biden should insist that every inch of the place be steam cleaned before move-in. Crap or no crap, there are probably Trump stains everywhere.
Modified is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 11:42 AM   #22
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Modified View Post
Biden should insist that every inch of the place be steam cleaned before move-in. Crap or no crap, there are probably Trump stains everywhere.
They'll have to do that anyway, given that Trump and all his flunkeys are oozing with the 'rona from every pore. I wouldn't put it past him to cough on keyboards and doorknobs in an attempt to get Biden sick.
Old 10th November 2020, 05:11 PM   #23
sackett
Philosopher

Well, that depends.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 05:15 PM   #24
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

I wouldn't be surprised if he and his idiots torch the place to the ground.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 06:04 PM   #25
Chanakya

When the orange "President" first meets the actual President, my money's on some ear-biting. Literally. I don't think he'll be able to reign in his crazed hate and resentment at being booted out of there for good, and laughed at in the bargain; and the fat cowardly slob is hardly likely to actually throw a punch. So probably a bite off whatever body part happens to be within reach. Biden should get rabies shots before coming anywhere close to the orange whack job.
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 02:24 AM   #26
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

I think we're all underestimating Trump's gift for self-deception and self-aggrandizement. In a few days he's going to hold a press conference in which he says that, to his great relief, his widespread investigation into electoral fraud has found out all the people, really bad people, they were doing bad things but we caught them, and they won't be able to do any bad things to our election, our system of elections that is the greatest in the world, and the incoming President is thanking him, he's saying Donald, people were saying our elections weren't fair but you, you looked into it, you set it all straight and we have great elections, the best elections now, all thanks to you. Thank you, Donald Trump, saviour of democracy.

Tell me, with a straight face, that he wouldn't.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 02:49 AM   #27
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post

Except that they really aren't. There may be a couple of outliers like Romney and Collins but the main body of the GOP are backing him all the way.

Some (most ?) of them are doubtless true believers who simply cannot countenance that Joe Biden could have won the election fair and square and there must be an enormous amount of electoral fraud.

Others are doing this with a long-term view to undermining the election process by sowing Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt. This may be useful to them in later elections.

Others are supporting President Trump because they are frightened that they will be primaried by his base and/or will simply fail to draw enough votes at the next election.

The GOP is squarely behind President Trump and IMO will continue to be so until the support of his base is unnecessary. GOP Senators and House members will continue to refer to (and possibly even consider) Joe Biden not to be the legitimate President. They will use this as an excuse to do all kinds of unconstitutional things over the next four years.
  • Refusal to even consider Biden cabinet appointees - how can we do this when Biden isn't the legitimate President ?
  • Refusal to even consider Biden judicial appointees - how can we do this when Biden isn't the legitimate President ?
  • Declare all Executive Orders illegal - how can he issue them when he isn't the legitimate President ?
  • Start impeachment process because there is a usurper in the White House
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 03:23 AM   #28
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by seayakin View Post
On top of this, the sycophants in his administration will move on abandoning him. Trump will die of cardiac arrest brought on by complications from COVID within two years.
Did he ever have Covid19? Perhaps he had the Boris Johnson variation.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 03:24 AM   #29
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Modified View Post
That would be racist against orange people and slut-shaming against Melania.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 03:28 AM   #30
erwinl
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
I think we're all underestimating Trump's gift for self-deception and self-aggrandizement. In a few days he's going to hold a press conference in which he says that, to his great relief, his widespread investigation into electoral fraud has found out all the people, really bad people, they were doing bad things but we caught them, and they won't be able to do any bad things to our election, our system of elections that is the greatest in the world, and the incoming President is thanking him, he's saying DonaldSir, people were saying our elections weren't fair but you, you looked into it, you set it all straight and we have great elections, the best elections now, all thanks to you. Thank you, Donald TrumpSir, saviour of democracy.

Tell me, with a straight face, that he wouldn't.

Dave
So, you are the one, who's writing Trump's 'train of thought' speeches?

You missed a few minor details this time, though. But I fixed them above for you.
Wouldn't want to find you in the 'Whitehouse Survivor' thread, just because of a simple missed Sir.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics