IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , vaccinations

View Poll Results: COVID 19 Vaccination status
Yes, I am fully vaccinated. 86 83.50%
I have received 1 vaccination shot 12 11.65%
No, I intend to but haven't got around to it. 4 3.88%
No, There are personal medical reasons that I should not receive the vaccine 0 0%
No, COVID is a hoax. The vaccine is part of some Communist plot. 1 0.97%
No, God will protect me. You cannot trust science. 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd July 2021, 12:25 PM   #41
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Recieved my first Moderna shot on tuesday. My arm was a bit sore for two days, and I ran a slight fever for a few hours yesterday evening, but other than that I haven't had any issues.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 02:35 PM   #42
Nosi
Master Poster

I scraped in before the vaccine was open to the public due to multiple co-morbidities and convergent housing. The latter means several people not of one family living in specialized housing.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:05 PM   #43
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Fully vaccinated as of April 26th and other than getting stuck to fridge every time I reach in for a beer, no side effects.
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:26 PM   #44
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
Recieved my first Moderna shot on tuesday. My arm was a bit sore for two days, and I ran a slight fever for a few hours yesterday evening, but other than that I haven't had any issues.
I had the chills after getting my second shot of Pfizer. A medical professional assured me that a noticeable side-effect indicates that the microchip is working.
Diablo: You're a lousy bigot. Apologise and withdraw that remark.
Cain: Nah.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:14 PM   #45
Nosi
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I had the chills after getting my second shot of Pfizer. A medical professional assured me that a noticeable side-effect indicates that the microchip is working.
LOL!

In my case, I came down with a of a migraine upon shot number one. As I'm prone to migraines, I didn't fret it and just let the doctor know. Co-incidents are a thing. Shot number two left me with a sore arm and nothing else.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2021, 04:17 AM   #46
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

I had Astra Zeneca so quite a long wait between shots but only 18 days to go for the second one.
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2021, 08:25 AM   #47
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Need help.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having troubles with their vaccinations. Is this just an issue with Pfizer?

I can connect via bluetooth, but am having difficulties with the WiFi.
Old 23rd July 2021, 08:55 AM   #48
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Need help.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having troubles with their vaccinations. Is this just an issue with Pfizer?

I can connect via bluetooth, but am having difficulties with the WiFi.
You have to tap the injection site a few times. They're buggy.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2021, 12:15 PM   #49
Nosi
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I have been fully micro-chipped since May.

Hiding from the
Old 30th July 2021, 11:40 PM   #50
Swordfishtrombone
Illuminator

Just received my second shot (Phizer). So now I'm fully vaccinated.
Swordfishtrombone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2021, 06:13 AM   #51
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&d=1627737132
Now that I have gotten one of these I have had my first AstraZeneca jab. Next one is due in 12 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (7.3 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by psionl0; 31st July 2021 at 06:20 AM.
psionl0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2021, 12:01 AM   #52
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

In 20 minutes it's 14 days since I got my second shot (Pfizer). Those goddamn super powers better hurry up. I'm beginning to think it's all a hoax!
Old 1st August 2021, 12:04 AM   #53
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
In 20 minutes it's 14 days since I got my second shot (Pfizer). Those goddamn super powers better hurry up. I'm beginning to think it's all a hoax!
Ever since I had my second shot I haven't been able to play the violin! What's that all about, eh?
Old 1st August 2021, 12:18 AM   #54
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Ever since I had my second shot I haven't been able to play the violin! What's that all about, eh?
Yeah, same with my theremin playing abilities.
Old 1st August 2021, 05:13 PM   #55
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post

It's not a hoax, we can see your GPS position just fine, you just came online.
Old 1st August 2021, 07:20 PM   #56
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1&d=1627737132
Now that I have gotten one of these I have had my first AstraZeneca jab. Next one is due in 12 weeks.
You got a round tuit!
Old 6th August 2021, 02:39 AM   #57
Georg
Graduate Poster

Second shot of Biontech yesterday.

As a precautionary measure to prevent side effects I slurped 2 liters of Oktoberfestbeer (already available although the fest is not taking place) after the jab.

That helped. Only a minor headache today, and I´m not sure it´s the fault oft the vaccine .
Georg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events