IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 25th April 2017, 11:00 AM   #1
MrFliop
Thinker
 
MrFliop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 205
The unending claim of "secondary explosions"

This is probably THE SINGLE GREATEST EXAMPLE of 9/11 truthers taking things out of context. And when they're not taking quotes out of context, they're just showing video of random explosions going off in the debris pile AFTER the buildings had collapsed (from damaged gas lines, gas tanks, etc), and making it seem like those explosions were bombs inside the towers which was part of a demolition and often times it's not necessarily taking quotes out of context, just leaving the FACTS out of context. Many witnesses talk about secondary explosions, referring to ones AFTER the towers were down. Well, right away you should be telling yourself that if random explosions are going off AFTER the buildings had collapsed, then obviously it's something OTHER THAN a controlled demolition taking place. I mean... duh. What these secondary explosions were caused by was gas lines, deisel tanks, stored chemicals, oxygen tanks, police officers firing their pistols to gain access to locked buildings, electrical explosions, etc. etc. etc. Also, stuff was exploding inside the building as well, like transformers and chemicals and elevators plummeting and bodies hitting the ground, etc.

There is also a video of Rick Sanchez talking about police officers being wary of a suspicious device near the intersection of W. Broadway, Hudson, and Chambers (which is 5 blocks north of the northern edge of the WTC site... 4 if you include WTC7). There were many false alarms and fears of suspicious devices being bombs, which turned out to be nothing. There was one at Stuyvescant High School, just a few blocks away.

Next, it shows Sanchez talking about how firefighters have reason to suspect that maybe one of the explosions at the WTC was caused by a bomb. He even stresses MAY have been. To truthers, "may have been" means "definitely was". There was a lot of confusion in the immediate aftermath. A lot of firefighters who were at the scene until the sun went down, never knew that either tower collapsed!!!! As unbelievable as that might sound. A lot never knew a second plane hit.

It's also interesting that on the afternoon of 9/11, Rodriguez was on CNN saying that the explosion in the basement happened AFTER the plane hit and was caused by jet fuel shooting down the elevator shafts, then told the exact same story to the 9/11 Commission, and only completely changed his story in 2005, when he started making a living off of his story (through presentations and DVD sales).

But truthers also claim that elevators did not go from top to bottom. However the blueprints of the tower settle this once and for all. The local elevator shafts did not extend top to bottom, but many others did. Cars 6 and 7 went top to bottom (in both towers), plus there were several freight elevators that went top to bottom. Also, Flight 175 struck the South Tower just low enough (the Sky Lobby) that much of the fuel was able to dump into the express elevator shafts, which DID go all the way to the lobby. So... it just depends on the particular shaft. Some did go top to bottom, some didn't.

They’re also wrong about it not being possible for the jet fuel to reach all the way down to the lobby and basement. A huge section of the NIST report titled "Jet Fuel Dispersion" calculated how much jet fuel was burned up in the initial explosion as soon as the plane hit (only about 30%), and calculated where and how much of the jet fuel was dispersed elsewhere. There was plenty remaining to send fireballs down certain elevator shafts. The following quotes are arguments I’ve heard made by truthers which I will address.

Quote:
"""1) Most of the fuel burned off at impact, which nist already admits to.""""
Wrong, this is another popular straw-man argument made by people who haven't even read the official report, right there with people who think NIST claims the fires melted the steel. NIST calculated, based on the amount of oxygen available, that only 30% of the jet fuel burned off in the initial explosions.

Quote:
"""2) Fuel is already burning, it was not concentrated and unburned and then ignited in the lobby. burning fuel should have been burned up by the time it even got there."""""
This is them basically keep saying that it doesn't seem to you like there was enough jet fuel to create a fireball that would reach all the way down to the lobby. Give me CALCULATIONS, not assumptions. NIST does.

Quote:
"""3) None of the floors between the impact zone and the lobby were "exploded" due to this fuel."""
Again, wrong, there were about 17 floors in between, on which fireballs exploded into the floors.

The documentary is called "9/11" by Jules and Gideon Naudet. They were embedded with the Engine 7 firehouse. They were responding to a gas leak when a plane flies overhead and crashes into the North Tower (this is the only video - basically - which captured the first crash), they hop in the firetruck and set up a command post in the lobby of the tower about 2 mins later. A little over an hour later, the South Tower collapses and the North Tower lobby is heavily damaged. Chief Pfeifer orders the evacuation of the North Tower. Outside, they have no idea that the South Tower has collapsed. They walk north and the North Tower collapses. To anyone who watches the documentary, it's obvious that the event which caused the "collapse" of the lobby in the North Tower was the South Tower collapsing, not an explosion (even though a lot of firefighters initially assumed that. They were indoors, so they could not see the South Tower collapse).

Neither one of us has to speculate about this at all. There exists a video tape showing EXACTLY what happened at the staging area inside the North Tower lobby. Nowhere in the video tape does the lobby just spotaneously collapse on them, EXCEPT when the South Tower collapses. This did indeed cause massive damage inside the North Tower lobby (Father Mychael Judge, the Chaplain of the FDNY, was standing right there in the staging area and was killed when this occured). It also covered everyone in dust, and you can see from the video that the men are covered in dust. It also seems obvious that when he says "the whole building just collapsed on us inside the lobby", that he meant he was inside the NT lobby when the ST fell, since he would have been killed if he was in the ST lobby at that point.

In that video, it's hard to know which lobby (which tower) they're talking about, but because he says he was at the staging area, it seems to me that he was talking about the North Tower. The only video tape footage from inside either tower was shot by Jules Naudet, who was at the staging area in the North Tower. The only significant event which could be interpreted as the lobby collapsing, is when the South Tower collapses and dust and debris shoots into the North Tower lobby. Most people in the North Tower lobby thought it was a secondary explosion. Almost no one knew the South Tower collapsed. Even when Jules and Chief Pfeifer walk outside, they still think the South Tower is just behind the other building and they aren't sure what it was that caused such devastation in the lobby. This is probably what the firefighters in the video are referring to. At no other point in the Naudet video does the lobby "collapse".

In sum, they were probably either talking about 1.) seeing the aftermath of the explosions from the jet fuel shooting down the elevator shafts when the planes hit, 2.) were talking about hearing noises which sounded like explosions and bombs going off while they were in the lobby which they later found out were bodies hitting the ground outside, (contd)

or 3.) they were talking about what happened in the North Tower lobby when the South Tower collapsed. Also, you should know that almost every second of the events in the North Tower lobby were captured on video by Jules Naudet, who was WITH the firefighters AT the command post, and nowhere in the video is there any explosion that gets their attention (EXCEPT when bodies hit the ground and EXCEPT when the South Tower collapses).

Case Closed

PS, if you are going to argue that a bomb went off in the lobby and caused the lobby to collapse... despite the video camera IN the lobby (and the countless others that were right outside) not detecting such an explosion, WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE??? The collapse in both buildings started near the top. It didn't start at the lobby.
MrFliop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th April 2017, 12:45 PM   #2
Mark F
Graduate Poster
 
Mark F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,741
Actually, my favorite are the claims of "we can see/hear "squibs" going off.

Squibs are supposed to be little explosions used to initiate much bigger explosions. So we can we only see/hear the "squibs"?
__________________
So I'm going to tell you what the facts are, and the facts are the facts, but then we know the truth. That always overcomes facts.
Mark F is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2020, 03:10 PM   #3
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
explosions at GZ update

Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 8th July 2020 at 04:12 PM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2020, 04:12 PM   #4
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Antimemetics Division
Posts: 53,773
It's about time someone got started on this!
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th July 2020, 04:41 PM   #5
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,934
A&E (aka conspiracy dolts) discover Simile, again

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
OMG, A&E conspiracy theorists who have no clue 19 terrorists did 9/11 with four aircraft, They (A&E dolts) discovered simile... wowzer progress


How do you find these idiots with no clue?
A&E continue to spread insane claims. A&E have no clue simile is not evidence for their failed conspiracy theories.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 03:36 AM   #6
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,158
The explosion in the basement that Rodriguez witnessed were likely not fuel, but main power riser electrical circuit control shorting out and exploding.... same for the explosions on the sub station of the Con Ed at the base of 7wtc.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 04:04 AM   #7
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,604
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
I find it interesting that a number of those witnesses report hearing explosions after the buildings had been hit by the planes, or after the collapses had started.
No, I'm not a demolition expert, or even an engineer, but I would have thought, as a layman, that if a building was brought down by explosives, the explosions should have happened before the collapses started, and not after.
Can you explain this for me?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 04:05 AM   #8
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In a post-fact world
Posts: 96,875
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
Large fires, collapsing buildings, chaos and panic. I expect loud noises to be heard.

Case closed.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 04:17 AM   #9
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,725
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
Completely expected from people who have never witnessed real explosive detonation.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 05:37 AM   #10
Jaytje46
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 503
I see they also mention the 118 mentions of explosions again.

I looked at all 503 interviews from the first responders, and when you actually read them all, not one of them thinks explosives were used (Maybe looks like at some points).

http://jay-911.blogspot.com/
Jaytje46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 06:02 AM   #11
Jaytje46
Muse
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 503
Who cares what a bunch of reporters thought on that day if it was explosives? Do they still believe this?
Jaytje46 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 07:44 AM   #12
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
Could you do us a favor and identify those among reports of explosions and secondary explosions which may be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges? Thank you.

Because, you see, for years now, I have time and again asked Truthers this question - which reports or sound records of "explosions" on 9/11 are consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges? - and NOBODY EVER identified only just one such explosion either in the witness record or in the video/sound record that survived more than 3 seconds of cursory scrutiny. None.

The historic record of 9/11 so far is actually completely void of evidence for explosive charges associated with any of the collapses. (I am sure you have been painfully aware of this reality for years)


I pre-preemptively wish to thank you very sincerely for either your non-answer, or your completely and transparently evasive answer, which will not, in fact, contain any reference whatsoever to any witness report or physical recording of any explosion(s) that may plausibly be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 07:51 AM   #13
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The explosion in the basement that Rodriguez witnessed were likely not fuel, but main power riser electrical circuit control shorting out and exploding.... same for the explosions on the sub station of the Con Ed at the base of 7wtc.
So what?
Even if those rumblings that sounded like heavy furniture moved about the floor had been explosive charges going off in the basements, they have nothing whatsoever to do with the initiation or progression of any of the collapses - i.e. they were not explosive demolition charges:
  • Not consistent in timing, because they were heard more than an hour before any collapse occurred
  • Not consistent in loudness, for no one down there suffered any barotrauma, and no such loud sounds were recorded or witnessed outside the towers.
  • Not consistent in number, for one or two charges do nothing to bring those structures down
  • Not consistent in brisance, for "rumbling" does not describe the very sharp an short sound wave of a shockwave from high explosives.
There is no need to identify the source of the sound that Rodriguez heard. It's unreliable earwitness recollection to start with - everything about his story can easily be mistaken.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 07:53 AM   #14
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,183
MSM lie through their teeth and are not to be treated as reliable sources of history - unless you can spin them to suit your own fringe agenda.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 08:04 AM   #15
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,437
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Completely expected from people who have never witnessed real explosive detonation.
Indeed to many/all that had never been around the chaos of exploding devices of all kinds detonating within "arms-length".
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 08:20 AM   #16
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Jaytje46
I see they also mention the 118 mentions of explosions again.

I looked at all 503 interviews from the first responders, and when you actually read them all, not one of them thinks explosives were used (Maybe looks like at some points).

http://jay-911.blogspot.com/


YES That would be the work of Graeme MacQueen
http://www.journalof911studies.com/a...radeCenter.pdf
[excerpt]
The oral histories constitute about 12,000 pages of testimony by 503 FDNY firefighters,
emergency medical technicians and paramedics
collected from early October, 2001 to late January, 2002.
"...Initially, the city of New York refused to release this material,
but after a lawsuit by the New York Times and some of the
9/11 victims’ families the city was ordered to release them.
The New York Times then posted them on its internet site,
where they have been available (with some deletions) to the public since August, 2005.[/excerpt]


Q Why would witness testimonies be deleted?

A Itsa thecret


Q How many deletions ?


A Itsa thecret


Q who decided what firemens testimonies should be deleted ?

A Itsa thecret


Q Can the thinking members of the public view the 12,000 pages of testimomies in total without deletions or redactions ?


A NO !
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 9th July 2020 at 08:55 AM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 08:21 AM   #17
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
double post---deleted
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 9th July 2020 at 08:26 AM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 08:26 AM   #18
carlitos
"más divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA! USA!
Posts: 23,485
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
Reports of Ground Zero "locomotives" update.

The folks over at this old blogspot page have produced a compilation of several firefighters claiming to have heard and seen TRAINS in the World Trade Center towers on September eleventh, 2001.

OK, now what?
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 10:09 AM   #19
MattNelson
Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
The explosion in the basement that Rodriguez witnessed were likely not fuel, but main power riser electrical circuit control shorting out and exploding.... same for the explosions on the sub station of the Con Ed at the base of 7wtc.
I won't call myself a truther anymore, since apparently one has to believe the 1st plane hit after the secondary explosions, (see thread) however....

I did spend way too much time looking at this first event, while still courting a conspiracy theory, as detailed in my book (68 MB) between pages 100-139. We know that when the first plane hit (as well as when the 2nd plane hit), "Two WTC open/auto (O/A) 13 kW feeders went off" going by a 9/11 commission document from Con Edison. http://cryptome.org/nara/coned-04-0226.pdf -- Yet we also know there was fuel and a conflagration in the lobby. The same fuel burned Felipe David (the man in Rodriguez's story/stories) on B1, exploding into the mall. It also tore into B4 coming from the 6/7 cars' pit door.

A few lobby reports:

“Baffled, Ronnie peered through the revolving door into the lobby of the north tower. He could see it was filling with black haze.” Coming towards him then was Jennieann Maffeo, naked, all black and red, in agony, the zipper of her burned-off, melted garment looking “as though it were the zipper to her own body. [...] Suddenly, Jennieann told Ronnie, something bright and intensely hot enveloped her, a vapor. She thought it had dropped down the elevator shaft.” (Hampton Sides, Americana: Dispatches from the New Frontier, Anchor Books, 2004.

"I walked out the revolving door from the lobby... and I had no sooner walked out the door where I heard a whooshing, roaring noise.... I looked – I heard the boom and the ground tremble and the next thing I know I was looking up at the roof and I'm seeing stuff coming off the roof. I figured my best bet would be to get back into the building.... I had no sooner gone back into the revolving door when a – all the sudden it seemed like the whole lobby, the door I was in and everything filled up with a yellowish, brownish combustible mixture. It didn't really smell any different, but it wasn't – it took so quickly to happen, it was like a tenth of a second, and the next thing I know it was a major explosion, of which I'm now thrown back out through both of these uh, the revolving door and outside." - Kenneth Summers on NBC, from his hospital bed.

"I was walking through the mall toward Tower One to get to the elevator. The lights flickered. I stopped in my tracks and looked around. I saw a brown cloud coming down the center corridor in the lobby, and I feared for my safety. The brown cloud had a heavy density and reached from floor to ceiling. It looked to me like it was both smoke and debris. It first came from the center corridor, but by the time it reached the revolving doors (a split second later) it seemed to come from every direction. At this point, the revolving doors exploded. They seemed to vaporize." - NIST NCSTAR 1-7, p. 76, "Interview 1000046” (NIST 2004)
MattNelson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 10:26 AM   #20
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "locomotives" update.

The folks over at this old blogspot page have produced a compilation of several firefighters claiming to have heard and seen TRAINS in the World Trade Center towers on September eleventh, 2001.

OK, now what?

Hot dam Carlitos, I've been searching for a classic example of a true
simile and I think you just supplied it.
The 9-11 debunking squads have labeled all references to explosions as
similes and I required an example that exemplified a genuine simile for
comparison. Thank You

Now, What knowledge can be gained by dissecting and perusing obvious
similes as reported?
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 11:50 AM   #21
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,934
Why are A&E not able to grasp reality? ignorance or greed

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Hot dam Carlitos, I've been searching for a classic example of a true
simile and I think you just supplied it.
The 9-11 debunking squads have labeled all references to explosions as
similes and I required an example that exemplified a genuine simile for
comparison. Thank You

Now, What knowledge can be gained by dissecting and perusing obvious
similes as reported?
A&E spread lies and make money from fooling gullible people too lazy to think for themselves.

The Idiots at A&E turn hearsay, sounded like, into a vast conspiracy of explosives planted by people they can't name. How do bogus movements find so many idiots to propagate the dumbest claims?

Quote:
Furthermore, the 21 instances of eyewitness reporting, all of which contain spontaneous descriptions of the phenomena the reporters witnessed, strongly corroborate the overwhelming scientific evidence that explosives were used to destroy the Twin Towers.
This is not evidence, sounded like an explosion is not proof of explosives.

A&E continue to prove there are gullible people who fall for the most ridiculous claims born in ignorance and deceit.

BTW, if the WTC fantasy of explosives was true, it would have been solved in a few days.

A&E, have no clue what sounded like means. You and A&E never had, and never will have evidence for explosives. There is only evidence for 19 terrorists, and four planes. Better luck with Bigfoot, you can use the same evidence = to nothing

Why does A&E spit on those who died on 9/11 due to the acts of 19 terrorists by spreading the dumbest lies? Got a clue yet? Do you believe these delusional claims?
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 03:32 PM   #22
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,578
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
Completely expected from people who have never witnessed real explosive detonation.
Indeed to many/all that had never been around the chaos of exploding devices of all kinds detonating within "arms-length".
For many years I have wanted to take some of these explosion claiming truth leaders onto a demolition training range.

Let off a couple of lengths of det cord and a few lumps of HE.

They have NEVER heard the real thing. And the distinctive "crack" is unmistakeable.

Once heard never forgotten. And after someone has heard the real thing NEVER again can they by mistake or ignorance claim "explosive". They would have to deliberately lie.

Sure most of them wouldn't hesitate but....
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th July 2020, 06:02 PM   #23
Redwood
Graduate Poster
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,555
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Reports of Ground Zero "explosions" update.

The folks over at the A&E forum have produced a compilation of 36 reporters at Ground Zero
reporting explosions and secondary explosions live on September eleventh 2001
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/...ive-demolition
And yet in the 19 years since, not a single Truther has ever interviewed an eyewitness to ask if the person thinks he was hearing/seeing explosive charges.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 12:45 AM   #24
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 32,757
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Now, What knowledge can be gained by dissecting and perusing obvious similes as reported?
Psychological insight into how the self-deluded continue to delude themselves.

Dave
__________________
There is truth and there are lies.

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 02:24 AM   #25
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,158
Originally Posted by MattNelson View Post
I won't call myself a truther anymore, since apparently one has to believe the 1st plane hit after the secondary explosions, (see thread) however....

I did spend way too much time looking at this first event, while still courting a conspiracy theory, as detailed in my book (68 MB) between pages 100-139. We know that when the first plane hit (as well as when the 2nd plane hit), "Two WTC open/auto (O/A) 13 kW feeders went off" going by a 9/11 commission document from Con Edison. http://cryptome.org/nara/coned-04-0226.pdf -- Yet we also know there was fuel and a conflagration in the lobby. The same fuel burned Felipe David (the man in Rodriguez's story/stories) on B1, exploding into the mall. It also tore into B4 coming from the 6/7 cars' pit door.

A few lobby reports:

“Baffled, Ronnie peered through the revolving door into the lobby of the north tower. He could see it was filling with black haze.” Coming towards him then was Jennieann Maffeo, naked, all black and red, in agony, the zipper of her burned-off, melted garment looking “as though it were the zipper to her own body. [...] Suddenly, Jennieann told Ronnie, something bright and intensely hot enveloped her, a vapor. She thought it had dropped down the elevator shaft.” (Hampton Sides, Americana: Dispatches from the New Frontier, Anchor Books, 2004.

"I walked out the revolving door from the lobby... and I had no sooner walked out the door where I heard a whooshing, roaring noise.... I looked – I heard the boom and the ground tremble and the next thing I know I was looking up at the roof and I'm seeing stuff coming off the roof. I figured my best bet would be to get back into the building.... I had no sooner gone back into the revolving door when a – all the sudden it seemed like the whole lobby, the door I was in and everything filled up with a yellowish, brownish combustible mixture. It didn't really smell any different, but it wasn't – it took so quickly to happen, it was like a tenth of a second, and the next thing I know it was a major explosion, of which I'm now thrown back out through both of these uh, the revolving door and outside." - Kenneth Summers on NBC, from his hospital bed.

"I was walking through the mall toward Tower One to get to the elevator. The lights flickered. I stopped in my tracks and looked around. I saw a brown cloud coming down the center corridor in the lobby, and I feared for my safety. The brown cloud had a heavy density and reached from floor to ceiling. It looked to me like it was both smoke and debris. It first came from the center corridor, but by the time it reached the revolving doors (a split second later) it seemed to come from every direction. At this point, the revolving doors exploded. They seemed to vaporize." - NIST NCSTAR 1-7, p. 76, "Interview 1000046” (NIST 2004)
Rodriguez' claim is the initial event..... the plane strike. He claims to have witnessed an explosion before he felt and heard the building shake from the plane impact.

My point was that he was 1100 feet below the impact... sound would tale one second to reach him. Any electrical issue... such as short circuit in the electrical over protection in the sub basement would essentially happen at the same time as the riser wires were severed by the jet impact as electricity travels at 186,000 feet / sec... essentially instantaneous at this distance.

The ALSO was an explosion at the moment of impact in WTC7 for the same reason... short/failure of circuit protection causing an electrical explosion. There are plenty of videos online of transformers of all size exploding from short circuits.

So YES there were explosions at the instant of the impact of AA11 as it severed 13.8 KV risers. These explosions led to fires. YES fuel entered the building and some likely spilled down the shafts... aerosolized and likely exploded causing havoc in the shafts which were on both long sides of the core. The ere not individual isolated shafts but it appears that the central bays on the north side of the core were destroyed where the plane penetrated the core and damage express freight and passenger car shafts at cols 503, 504, 505, 506, 604 & 605 which went from the basement and lobby to the top of the building
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tony's columns_page1.jpg (35.6 KB, 8 views)
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 07:15 AM   #26
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher
 
Crazy Chainsaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,725
Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
For many years I have wanted to take some of these explosion claiming truth leaders onto a demolition training range.

Let off a couple of lengths of det cord and a few lumps of HE.

They have NEVER heard the real thing. And the distinctive "crack" is unmistakeable.

Once heard never forgotten. And after someone has heard the real thing NEVER again can they by mistake or ignorance claim "explosive". They would have to deliberately lie.

Sure most of them wouldn't hesitate but....
As someone who grew up in the Tar Spring Oil Fields of Kentucky and played with explosives from tho oil fields, I can tell you none of those books sound like explosives to me. Once used exposives to shoot myself out over a lake, and I can tell you it was a bad mistake.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2020, 04:09 PM   #27
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Could you do us a favor and identify those among reports of explosions and secondary explosions which may be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges? Thank you.

...

The historic record of 9/11 so far is actually completely void of evidence for explosive charges associated with any of the collapses. (I am sure you have been painfully aware of this reality for years)


I pre-preemptively wish to thank you very sincerely for either your non-answer, or your completely and transparently evasive answer, which will not, in fact, contain any reference whatsoever to any witness report or physical recording of any explosion(s) that may plausibly be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges
I wish to repeat my sincerest thanks, Fonebone, for your no doubt conscious decision not to answer my question and thereby confirm that you know perfectly well there is ZERO evidence for explosives consistent with explosive demolition:
  • There is ZERO evidence for explosive demolition in the witness accounts
  • There is ZERO evidence for explosive demolition in the video and sound recordings
  • There is ZERO evidence for explosive demolition in the physical evidence

Again, thanks for implicitly AGREEING without qualification to all of that by not responding to my question. I will henceforth list you as my witness for NO explosive charges on 9/11
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2020, 03:34 PM   #28
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Could you do us a favor and identify those among reports of explosions and secondary explosions which may be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges? Thank you.

Because, you see, for years now, I have time and again asked Truthers this question - which reports or sound records of "explosions" on 9/11 are consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges? - and NOBODY EVER identified only just one such explosion either in the witness record or in the video/sound record that survived more than 3 seconds of cursory scrutiny. None.

The historic record of 9/11 so far is actually completely void of evidence for explosive charges associated with any of the collapses. (I am sure you have been painfully aware of this reality for years)


I pre-preemptively wish to thank you very sincerely for either your non-answer, or your completely and transparently evasive answer, which will not, in fact, contain any reference whatsoever to any witness report or physical recording of any explosion(s) that may plausibly be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges

Is that so ? What do you have to say about this post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13000365
HUGE EXPLOSION - Raining debris down on all of us ! N.J.Burkett on live television.
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2020, 06:09 PM   #29
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 5,473
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Is that so ? What do you have to say about this post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13000365
HUGE EXPLOSION - Raining debris down on all of us ! N.J.Burkett on live television.
I say the link doesn't work, much like your judgement.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2020, 08:12 PM   #30
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,934
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Is that so ? What do you have to say about this post ...
9/11 truth has no clue what an explosives is. 9/11 truth believers are gullible for lies from a movement based on the ignorance of the followers.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2020, 08:26 AM   #31
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,183
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Is that so ? What do you have to say about this post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13000365
HUGE EXPLOSION - Raining debris down on all of us ! N.J.Burkett on live television.
The same I had to say about this post back then, in February:

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
What's your point, Fonebone? There are no explosion sounds in this video consistent with explosive demolition, or are there?
You see, in that video, not only the words of the reporter are recorded, the video also contains the sound recording of the event he is describing as "huge explosion".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCPVNLLo-mI

But - there is no number of sharp, extremely loud explosion sounds immediately PRIOR to the visible collapse, or is there?
The sounds and sights recorded in the video IMMEDIATELY disprove any notion that an explosive demolition is going on.

Can you please explain in full and grammatical sentences of English how either the sounds and sights of the event as captured in the video or the words of the reporter are evidence of explosion sounds consistent with explosive demolition in terms of loudness, timing, number and brisance?

You know, I already asked you the very same question back in last September:
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
And ... your argument and conclusion now is ... what?
Can you spell out, in a short string of full grammatical English sentences, what you mean to say?
Thanks for reminding us that you have never been able to point to any sound record, nor to any witness statement, that contains explosions consistent with explosive demolition.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)

Last edited by Oystein; 28th July 2020 at 08:27 AM.
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2020, 08:44 AM   #32
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 32,757
After all these years, Oystein, it's still the case that you can specify "explosions and secondary explosions which may be consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive demolition charges" all you like, but truthers will still say "this guy said he heard an explosion" and pretend that proves the presence of demolition charges. They'll cherry-pick one word in your request and match it to one word in their description, then have the nerve to pretend they've given you a valid answer.

Dave
__________________
There is truth and there are lies.

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2020, 12:27 PM   #33
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 5,473
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Is that so ? What do you have to say about this post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13000365
HUGE EXPLOSION - Raining debris down on all of us ! N.J.Burkett on live television.
The reporter looked up and saw what he thought LOOKED LIKE AN EXPLOSION. Technically as the building collapse the air between the floors was rapidly compressed which is like an explosion. This is not the same as the use of explosives. They would be loud, they would have heard them in New Jersey, there would be no doubt.

When I was a kid when I played Army I loved throwing dirt clods because they came apart in a cloud of dust and fragments like a hand grenade. They looked like they exploded, but OBVIOUSLY they just disintegrated on impact.

This is exactly what everyone sees in the videos of the collapses. Sheetrock, ceiling tiles, florescent lights, and concrete all being pulverized in the fraction of a second thanks to gravity and the laws of motion and resistance.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2020, 01:08 PM   #34
JSanderO
Illuminator
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 3,158
There were things in the building exploding... try transformers.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 08:57 AM   #35
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 18,260
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
There were things in the building exploding... try transformers.

Ah, so you're saying there was more than meets the eye?
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 06:53 PM   #36
Allen773
Graduate Poster
 
Allen773's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali Four Neea
Posts: 1,439
Speaking of Truthers taking things out of context:

Re: WTC7: "We had to pull it."

- Larry (((Silverstein)))
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2020, 01:38 PM   #37
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster
 
BasqueArch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Is that so ? What do you have to say about this post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...5#post13000365
HUGE EXPLOSION - Raining debris down on all of us ! N.J.Burkett on live television.
Unexploded nano-thermate spray cans left behind in elevator shafts.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...43#post5238643
__________________
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2020, 02:43 PM   #38
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,437
Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post
Unexploded nano-thermate spray cans left behind in elevator shafts.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...43#post5238643
Of course you have a link to such products and where they can be obtained.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th August 2020, 03:51 PM   #39
Venom
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 5,176
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Ah, so you're saying there was more than meets the eye?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th August 2020, 12:04 AM   #40
Planigale
Philosopher
 
Planigale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: 49 North
Posts: 5,129
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
There were things in the building exploding... try transformers.
So this was a plot by Megatron?
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.