IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , impeachment , Mitch McConnell , partisanship , partisanship charges , partisanship issues , Trump impeachment

Old 26th December 2019, 11:03 AM   #201
DetectedMotion
Scholar

Originally Posted by BrooklynBaby View Post
Here is the point the article was making, and it's very important:

"As the panic sets in deeper, and more polls roll in over the Christmas recess, it’s important to remember that Democrats won’t do the sane thing, no matter how bad it gets for them, and fold. They’ve been impatiently wanting to push all their chips into the center of the table since before the Mueller investigation was announced. They thought they had pocket aces when the phony whistleblower approached Adam Schiff with the second-hand tall tale of the Ukraine phone call, so they went all in. They’re pot-committed now, holding an eight and a deuce, off-suit, with nothing left to lose. If you thought they were crazy before, you ain’t seen nothing yet. It may seem like we’re approaching the end of this left-wing craziness, but the era of stupid has just begun."
Who needs pocket Aces when the eight is a club, the duece is a diamond, and laying on the table is a straight: 3,4,5,6,and 7;All clubs. The Dems made the choice to go with the straight flush.
The GOP Senate has decided to pick out their own cards from a different deck; They are going with the Royal Flush: Mitch McConnell is holding 5 cards in his hand instead of 2.
We are in full swing of right-wing stacking of the deck. The present day miscarriage of justice is upon us.
DetectedMotion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 11:08 AM   #202
ChristianProgressive
Master Poster

Originally Posted by DetectedMotion View Post
Who needs pocket Aces when the eight is a club, the duece is a diamond, and laying on the table is a straight: 3,4,5,6,and 7;All clubs. The Dems made the choice to go with the straight flush.
The GOP Senate has decided to pick out their own cards from a different deck; They are going with the Royal Flush: Mitch McConnell is holding 5 cards in his hand instead of 2.
We are in full swing of right-wing stacking of the deck. The present day miscarriage of justice is upon us.
Democrats are playing as if this were an honest poker game.

Republicans are playing fizzbin.
Old 26th December 2019, 05:10 PM   #203
Venom
Philosopher

Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Ak) is "disturbed" by the coordination between McConnell and the White House.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/26/79143...on-impeachment

Whether this makes her not get in line like a good GOPer time will tell.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th December 2019, 05:25 PM   #204
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-Ak) is "disturbed" by the coordination between McConnell and the White House.

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/26/79143...on-impeachment

Whether this makes her not get in line like a good GOPer time will tell.
She's not up for reelection in '20. If Trump isn't reelected she could be safe as there could be a veritable stampede of Rs saying they never supported him anyhow.
If he wins she's SOL.
Old 27th December 2019, 09:41 PM   #205
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChristianProgressive View Post

I'm not so sure. Dems just, you know, don't hate the Constitution.

Chuck Todd and the like are acting like this is an honest poker game, though, and that's the more important disconnect.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 10:28 AM   #206
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

The Dems need to master the kronk.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fizzbin
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 05:00 PM   #207
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rockysmith76 View Post
nope. Theres the Centrist Democrats, and then socilaistic liberal leftie types, two different animals.
Actually those you call "socilaistic liberal leftie types" would be centre left in any other country outside the US. Many of the "wacko left" policies that people like Warren and Sanders are pushing have been SOP in most countries for decades, if not longer.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 05:07 PM   #208
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Actually those you call "socilaistic liberal leftie types" would be centre left in any other country outside the US. Many of the "wacko left" policies that people like Warren and Sanders are pushing have been SOP in most countries for decades, if not longer.
It's a US politics thread in the US Politics forum. At some point you should probably address arguments in context, and give up this whole "but not in Eeeuurope!" sideshow. You're not surprising anyone. You're certainly not contributing anything to the conversation. What exactly is your point?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 05:42 PM   #209
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
It's a US politics thread in the US Politics forum. At some point you should probably address arguments in context, and give up this whole "but not in Eeeuurope!" sideshow. You're not surprising anyone. You're certainly not contributing anything to the conversation. What exactly is your point?
My point is exactly what I said, that politics that the US consider far left aren't except by US standards were politics are so far to the extreme right making even normal centrist politics seem far left to them, and note I didn't say anything about Europe, I said the rest of the world.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 05:57 PM   #210
Frank Newgent
Philosopher

heh I took this picture last week...

Old 28th December 2019, 06:10 PM   #211
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Frank Newgent View Post
heh I took this picture last week...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...efafd4d5cb.jpg
None of them are things any right thinking person would want to have anything to do with.

Old 28th December 2019, 06:19 PM   #212
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
My point is exactly what I said, that politics that the US consider far left aren't except by US standards were politics are so far to the extreme right making even normal centrist politics seem far left to them, and note I didn't say anything about Europe, I said the rest of the world.
Your point is infinitely off topic in a discussion about American politics. Why are you intentionally trying to derail the thread?
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th December 2019, 09:14 PM   #213
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Your point is infinitely off topic in a discussion about American politics. Why are you intentionally trying to derail the thread?
my response was directly to a comment by rockysmith76, the only one here that seems to be trying to derail the thread is you and please stop trying to be a moderator, if you think my remarks were inappropriate, free free to report instead of trying to be sheriff.

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 28th December 2019 at 09:15 PM.
Old 29th December 2019, 06:36 AM   #214
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

What!?
Sen. McConnell is going to crack Rep. Pelosi on the head with the intent of stealing and wearing her clothes?
Old 29th December 2019, 07:12 AM   #215
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by DetectedMotion View Post
I see it more akin to the Republicans proudly declaring victory while laying down:
The four of wands from a Tarot deck
The blue reverse-direction card from an Uno deck
A Magikarp Pokémon card
A Pythagorean-Theorem flash card
A 3”x5” card with the words “this is the SEVEN, EIGHT, and NINE of Hearts” written with a black Sharpie..

Last edited by Ladewig; 29th December 2019 at 07:13 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th December 2019, 12:22 PM   #216
Hungry81
Master Poster

Meanwhile Trump is blatantly riffling through the cards and finishing off stacking the deck, and when someone calls him out, he screams "fake news" at them and tweets about how unfair it all is.

Eta: what Detected motion said.

Last edited by Hungry81; 29th December 2019 at 12:26 PM.
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics