IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conjuror's Corner

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags legitimate , magic , move along , nothing to see here , thread

Closed Thread
Old 26th February 2020, 10:49 AM   #1
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Methods for vanishing thread

You've found the Secret Amanda Knox thread!

If you're here for magic, be assured that illusion and misdirection is the whole point of this thread. And please remember the injunction not to reveal magical secrets to outsiders!

Those interested in further discussion of the Trials of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are invited to do so here, and may invite (by PM) any other members whom you believe are interested in discussing the topic in an honest, rational, and evidence-based manner.

I've already invited the overwhelming majority of the members who have posted 4 or more times in the most recent segment of the A.K. thread in Trials and Errors.
Old 26th February 2020, 11:07 AM   #2
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

To start out, I'd like to say that the discussion of this topic in the current Trials and Errors thread over the past ten days has taken on a remarkably improved tone, in terms of both rationality and demeanor. I have reason to doubt that this will continue for very long in that thread, but perhaps it might continue a while longer here.

In related news, the Rega murder trial started today. Not really a similar case, in that there's no doubt about who did what, but only of the circumstances and motive. Though even there, there was room for controversy about (and action taken for) police misconduct in the arrests.
Old 26th February 2020, 05:46 PM   #3
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I'm here but I have no idea what to say.

Maybe best wishes to Ananda and her upcoming nuptials. Hope her wedding is wonderful. Also all the best to Raffaele.
Old 26th February 2020, 05:52 PM   #4
Rolfe
Anti-homeopathy illuminati member

I haven't been in the main thread for a while because there's only so many times you can watch Groundhog Day. But I saw a wee announcement in Forum Management that might be related to the current happy state of discourse.

While I'm here, can anyone bring me up to speed with the current state of play in the still-active legal procedures? Did Italy come forward with a way to satisfy the ECHR ruling, and if so what was it? Is there still some active case before the ECHR?
Old 26th February 2020, 08:08 PM   #5
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Rolfe View Post
I haven't been in the main thread for a while because there's only so many times you can watch Groundhog Day. But I saw a wee announcement in Forum Management that might be related to the current happy state of discourse.

While I'm here, can anyone bring me up to speed with the current state of play in the still-active legal procedures? Did Italy come forward with a way to satisfy the ECHR ruling, and if so what was it? Is there still some active case before the ECHR?
Italy paid the ECHR judgement last month. Other actions are still pending.
Old 26th February 2020, 09:58 PM   #6
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

Mod WarningThis thread has been closed. It is duplicative of another thread on the same topic. Furthermore, it has been knowingly started in the wrong subforum, in violation of Rule 11. No infraction has been issued, however any similar attempt will be met with increasing harsh mod sanctions. On the off chance that this entire thread was a joke, it wasn't funny.
Responding to this mod box in thread will be off topic Posted By:Loss Leader

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conjuror's Corner