IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 31st August 2020, 08:54 AM   #1
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
donation request

I just received a request from the A&E Richard Gage to help a 9-11 victim's
family with their quest for justice for their murdered son.
https://www.ae911truth.org/?tx=12247...ll%2520Inquest
The request is time sensitive. If you wish to assist the deadline is tomorrow
09-01-2020.
Thank you -Fonebone


What is justice? To give every man his own _Aristotle
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 31st August 2020 at 09:06 AM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 15,724
So they want $100,000 to hire a lawyer to reopen the case for the long debunked controlled demolition conspiracy theory? Sounds like a donation to a lawyer, not to a grieving family.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 10:01 AM   #3
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
So they want $100,000 to hire a lawyer to reopen the case for the long debunked controlled demolition conspiracy theory? Sounds like a donation to a lawyer, not to a grieving family.

There is no place so high that an ass laden with Gold cannot reach it _Rojas
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 10:08 AM   #4
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,435
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
I just received a request from the A&E Richard Gage to help a 9-11 victim's
family with their quest for justice for their murdered son.
https://www.ae911truth.org/?tx=12247...ll%2520Inquest
The request is time sensitive. If you wish to assist the deadline is tomorrow
09-01-2020.
Thank you -Fonebone


What is justice? To give every man his own _Aristotle
I'm not sure this forum is the correct place to request funds or link to a site requesting funds.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 10:12 AM   #5
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 18,234
Applying the same logic conspiracy theorists are currently applying to the Covid-19 pandemic, half the 9/11 victims would probably have died of something else by now anyhow, so what's the big deal?
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 10:40 AM   #6
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 6,842
I'm starting a fundraiser for relief of people who get a headache from September 11 fantasists and their hangers-on. Here's a link:

gimmeedat$$$$$/@greedmail.com.

Contributions must take the form of precious metals, cut gems, rare vintages, Alfa-Romeos, yachts, girls with dirty minds, and other objets de vertu.

Now, for an unlimited time only, you may give yourself up to this worthy endeavor.

C'mon, goddammit. I'm running out of drugs.
__________________
If you would learn a man's character, give him authority.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 11:18 AM   #7
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
TJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 21,730
Hmm. Never thought about how covid must be impacting rat **** Gage's bottom line. Can't fill rooms or pubs with morons to swindle, so gotta come up with something else. This is beyond low, even for him.

Seriously, **** this guy.
__________________
TJM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 01:15 PM   #8
Trojan
Muse
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 512
Even if everything is granted in the appeal, and the coroner re-opens the inquest - what did they gain? The US courts are not obligated to abide by a UK coroner's findings.
Trojan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2020, 03:26 PM   #9
ozeco41
Philosopher
 
ozeco41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Moss Vale, NSW, Australia
Posts: 7,577
There is a fundamental issue here. AE911 is manipulating the unresolved grief of several victims to help progress their own dishonest goals.

The manipulation of Mr McIlvaine (snr) is IMO the most blatant and sickening. He is grieving the loss of his son. His primary need is closure - resolution of his grief. AE911's action are helping to extend his grief and prevent closure. Sure AE911 are not solely culpable - much is his own doing and probably not helped by family and other friends.

BUT AE911 is encouraging him and all these other victims with promises that they cannot fulfil. By false claims which will not succeed.

AE911's main goal for many years has been to drag out the appearance of continuing discussion and progress. Mostly to serve Gage's income and ego needs BUT the organisation has become a self sustaining process for at least the core team and the claque of supporters. They can achieve their "drag out the process" goal by technical scams such as the Hulsey Protect without the need to cause ongoing distress to victims. And the two political initiatives - the "Request for Correction" and the couple of "Lawyers" bits of game playing in the courts. All could progress without the need to play with the emotions of victims building false hopes.

Last edited by ozeco41; 31st August 2020 at 03:27 PM.
ozeco41 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:20 AM   #10
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,161
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
If you wish to assist the deadline is tomorrow
09-01-2020
It's great they no longer accept money paid to this fraudulent and abusive cause.

I do wonder however why there was a deadline in the first place - if not to pressure unduly the gullible and the feeble if principle? A piss-poor old marketing ploy?
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 12:25 AM   #11
RolandRat
Graduate Poster
 
RolandRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 1,323
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
It's great they no longer accept money paid to this fraudulent and abusive cause.

I do wonder however why there was a deadline in the first place - if not to pressure unduly the gullible and the feeble if principle? A piss-poor old marketing ploy?
It's disgusting to be honest. A little bit surprised this thread stayed up.
RolandRat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:13 AM   #12
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Even if everything is granted in the appeal, and the coroner re-opens the inquest - what did they gain? The US courts are not obligated to abide by a UK coroner's findings.


Ubi jus ibi remedium (Latin) Law maxim
https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803110448446\excerpt
[excerpt] The principle that where one's right is invaded or destroyed, the law gives a remedy to protect it or damages for its loss. Further, where one's right is denied the law affords the remedy of an action for its enforcement. This right to a remedy therefore includes more than is usually meant in English law by the term “remedy”, as it includes a right of action. Wherever, therefore, a right exists there is also a remedy.[/excerpt]
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 3rd September 2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: italisize latin phrase
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:08 AM   #13
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,435
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post

Ubi jus ibi remedium (Latin) Law maxim
https://www.oxfordreference.com/view/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803110448446\excerpt
[excerpt] The principle that where one's right is invaded or destroyed, the law gives a remedy to protect it or damages for its loss. Further, where one's right is denied the law affords the remedy of an action for its enforcement. This right to a remedy therefore includes more than is usually meant in English law by the term “remedy”, as it includes a right of action. Wherever, therefore, a right exists there is also a remedy.[/excerpt]
So who are the families to get a "remedy"? The Taliban or more specifically Al-Qaeda, of that which trained and funded the 19 Muslims that hijacked 4 aircraft, crashing 3 into buildings while the fourth was crashed into the ground when the passengers attempted to regain control of the aircraft.

Those 19 are dead and it seems unlikely that the courts would go after relatives.

So just who would the families get a "relief?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:39 AM   #14
Allen773
Graduate Poster
 
Allen773's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Cali Four Neea
Posts: 1,437
No.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:43 AM   #15
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing
 
Thermal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 15,724
Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
It's disgusting to be honest.
I find being honest to be quite endearing. To each his own, I suppose.
__________________
We find comfort among those who agree with us, growth among those who don't -Frank A. Clark

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd September 2020, 11:58 AM   #16
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,435
Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I find being honest to be quite endearing. To each his own, I suppose.
As long as you are being honest about facts instead of CT beliefs.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th September 2020, 07:17 PM   #17
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,372
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Applying the same logic conspiracy theorists are currently applying to the Covid-19 pandemic, half the 9/11 victims would probably have died of something else by now anyhow, so what's the big deal?


Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
It's great they no longer accept money paid to this fraudulent and abusive cause.

I do wonder however why there was a deadline in the first place - if not to pressure unduly the gullible and the feeble if principle? A piss-poor old marketing ploy?
OP's link just goes to the AE911Trooooth homepage.

Was it meant to have been the fundraiser for $3,000 for the NIST appeal?

(There's a separate thread called "...is denied" about the NIST fail.)
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th September 2020, 11:07 AM   #18
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,753
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
So who are the families to get a "remedy"?
Black Crowes. Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 03:53 AM   #19
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Black Crowes. Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.
Wrong thread.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post13215859
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 08:42 AM   #20
Leftus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,753
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Not really, that is where they can find the song "remedy"
Leftus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 11:39 AM   #21
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Orphia Nay View Post




OP's link just goes to the AE911Trooooth homepage.

Was it meant to have been the fundraiser for $3,000 for the NIST appeal?

(There's a separate thread called "...is denied" about the NIST fail.)

Update : deadline extended

Family of Geoff Campbell to Submit Petition for New Inquest After 9/11 Anniversary
https://www.ae911truth.org/news/707-...11-anniversary
Excellent news ! The A&E article states the Campbell family appeal raised $75,000 US of the
requested $100,000 required to advance their quest with a petition [excerpt]
The family of Geoffrey Thomas Campbell, a British national who diedinthe terrorist attacks ofSeptember 11, 2001, is seeking a fresh inquest under Section 13 of the UK Coroners Act 1988.Mr. Campbell’s family believesthat a substantial amount of evidence was not presented to or considered by the Coroner atthe first Inquest. The Campbell familybelieves that this new evidence contradicts key details in theCoroner’sfindings—specifically, that the impact of the aircraft into World Trade Center 1 (where Mr. Campbell was at the time of the attack) causedthe building’s subsequent total destruction. The Campbell family believes that the substantial evidence not considered at the first Inquest overwhelmingly supports the conclusion that the destruction of WTC 1 (as well as the destruction of WTC 2 and WTC 7) was caused by the use explosives and incendiaries.
https://www.ae911truth.org/images/PD...e-Campaign.pdf

Also : Any donations to the Campbell's quest for justice in maze of the English legal system may
as provided by the UK Coroners Act of 1988 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/13/section/13
Donations link
https://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/50694...loggedOut=True
Success for the Campbell will possibly pave the way to justice and closure for families in other countries with 9-11 victims likewise seeking justice.
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 11:42 AM   #22
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
deleted double post
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw

Last edited by Fonebone; 9th September 2020 at 12:34 PM.
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 11:54 AM   #23
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,435
I asked before and your have ignored the question, who would the families to get a "remedy"? The Taliban or more specifically Al-Qaeda, of that which trained and funded the 19 Muslims that hijacked 4 aircraft, crashing 3 into buildings while the fourth was crashed into the ground when the passengers attempted to regain control of the aircraft.

Link to post #13 for your convenience.
Quote:
So who are the families to get a "remedy"? The Taliban or more specifically Al-Qaeda, of that which trained and funded the 19 Muslims that hijacked 4 aircraft, crashing 3 into buildings while the fourth was crashed into the ground when the passengers attempted to regain control of the aircraft.

Those 19 are dead and it seems unlikely that the courts would go after relatives.

So just who would the families get a "relief?
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 12:05 PM   #24
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 5,439
The US is currently in the process of handing Afghanistan back over to the Taliban (because we're fun). So A&ETruth can take it up with them.

I'm sure the Taliban will be happy to whip out their checkbook.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 12:09 PM   #25
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor
 
jsfisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 23,134
Looks like this quest for justice dates back a few years: https://www.gofundme.com/f/JusticeForGeoff
__________________
A proud member of the Simpson 15+7, named in the suit, Simpson v. Zwinge, et al., and founder of the ET Corn Gods Survivors Group.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 12:32 PM   #26
bknight
Master Poster
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 2,435
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
The US is currently in the process of handing Afghanistan back over to the Taliban (because we're fun). So A&ETruth can take it up with them.

I'm sure the Taliban will be happy to whip out their checkbook.
FTFY.
bknight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 02:58 PM   #27
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17,161
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Update : deadline extended...
Quelle surprise

Question: What is your theory as to why there was a deadline in the first place? Be specific!
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 03:30 PM   #28
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing
 
uke2se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14,213
There's so many grifters one can give money to. There's all the Q-Anon stuff, there's the legal funds of various nazis and white supremacists, not to mention the FMOTL creeps. How is a moron to chose who to throw his meager cash at?
__________________
Before you say something stupid about climate change, check this list.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 08:04 PM   #29
Redwood
Graduate Poster
 
Redwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,555
Originally Posted by jsfisher View Post
Looks like this quest for justice dates back a few years: https://www.gofundme.com/f/JusticeForGeoff
I encourage all Truthers to empty out their savings for these grifters. Being taken to the cleaners can be a valuable life lesson.
Redwood is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th September 2020, 09:25 PM   #30
Chanakya

 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,919
Poe.

(No one posts something like this in earnest in a skeptics' forum of all places.)
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 10:53 AM   #31
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Poe.

(No one posts something like this in earnest in a skeptics' forum of all places.)

What post number are you labeling "poe"? range 1-29 thanks
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 11:15 AM   #32
Chanakya

 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,919
Well, all your posts seem to treat this request half-seriously (if not entirely so), that is, not overtly in a hey-come-look-at-this-monstrosity kind of tone. I imagined you meant it only mock seriously.

Of course, if you're actually supporting this request, or are in earnest wondering if it's genuine (or should be supported), that's fair game too. Questionable claims, of whatever stripe, are after all the meat and drink for skeptics' forum, and the MDP is one major reason why earlier JREF threads tended to be more substantive in that sense.

In as much your tone left your position ambiguous, I expect(ed) it's a poe, that is, a joke made with a straight face, without the customary "lol"s.

Your asking this, now, in apparent good faith, does throw doubt on my hypothesis. So perhaps you could clarify your position, then?
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 05:02 PM   #33
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Well, all your posts seem to treat this request half-seriously (if not entirely so), that is, not overtly in a hey-come-look-at-this-monstrosity kind of tone. I imagined you meant it only mock seriously.

Of course, if you're actually supporting this request, or are in earnest wondering if it's genuine (or should be supported), that's fair game too. Questionable claims, of whatever stripe, are after all the meat and drink for skeptics' forum, and the MDP is one major reason why earlier JREF threads tended to be more substantive in that sense.

In as much your tone left your position ambiguous, I expect(ed) it's a poe, that is, a joke made with a straight face, without the customary "lol"s.





Your (you're) asking this, now, in apparent good faith, does throw doubt on my hypothesis. So perhaps you could clarify your position, then?

Before I composed and posted message #1 I donated a meager amount
to their cause, <$20.00 Does this fact clarify my position?


In message #12 I posted a link to a Latin legal maxim Ubi jus ibi remedium [excerpt]

• Equity will not allow the technical defects of the common law to prevent worthy plaintiffs from obtaining redress.


In message #21 I took the time to search out and post the status of the appeal.


They ever do pretend, to have received a wrong, who wrong intend _Danial
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 05:03 PM   #34
Fonebone
persona non grata
 
Fonebone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 733
Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Well, all your posts seem to treat this request half-seriously (if not entirely so), that is, not overtly in a hey-come-look-at-this-monstrosity kind of tone. I imagined you meant it only mock seriously.

Of course, if you're actually supporting this request, or are in earnest wondering if it's genuine (or should be supported), that's fair game too. Questionable claims, of whatever stripe, are after all the meat and drink for skeptics' forum, and the MDP is one major reason why earlier JREF threads tended to be more substantive in that sense.

In as much your tone left your position ambiguous, I expect(ed) it's a poe, that is, a joke made with a straight face, without the customary "lol"s.





Your (you're) asking this, now, in apparent good faith, does throw doubt on my hypothesis. So perhaps you could clarify your position, then?

Before I composed and posted message #1 I donated a meager amount
to their cause, <$20.00 Does this fact clarify my position?


In message #12 I posted a link to a Latin legal maxim Ubi jus ibi remedium [excerpt]

• Equity will not allow the technical defects of the common law to prevent worthy plaintiffs from obtaining redress.


In message #21 I took the time to search out and post the status of the appeal.


They ever do pretend, to have received a wrong, who wrong intend _Danial
__________________
Truth, like the sun, allows itself to be obscured;
but, like the sun, only for a time. __Bovee
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light. __George Washington
All great truths begin as blasphemies __Shaw
Fonebone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 05:20 PM   #35
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating
 
Myriad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Betwixt
Posts: 18,234
The case has no factual merit.

As a result, the political, moral, and emotional aspects you highlight don't carry weight.

You're like a prosecutor arguing for a severe sentence based on the heinousness and victim impact of the crime, but you cannot show the defendant actually committed it. In fact, all the evidence says otherwise, and all you can do about that is keep trying to distract everyone else from it.
__________________
A zømbie once bit my sister...
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 07:01 PM   #36
Chanakya

 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 2,919
Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
Before I composed and posted message #1 I donated a meager amount
to their cause, <$20.00 Does this fact clarify my position?


In message #12 I posted a link to a Latin legal maxim Ubi jus ibi remedium [excerpt]

• Equity will not allow the technical defects of the common law to prevent worthy plaintiffs from obtaining redress.


In message #21 I took the time to search out and post the status of the appeal.


They ever do pretend, to have received a wrong, who wrong intend _Danial

Goodness, yes, that does clarify your position. Taken at face value, you're very much in earnest. Apologies for what, to you, may have appeared as my doubting your intentions. To be very clear, my earlier comment wasn't really casting aspersions on you personally, not in the sense of questioning your integrity.

As I was saying earlier, this is probably the worst, ever, place to be expecting any kind of support for something like this.

Instead of mocking, as most have been here, if people take the effort to clearly articulate their objection -- and more so if you keep countering with reasons why you contributed yourself and why you posted this here presumably for others to chip in as well -- we may yet have an old-style substantive thread here. Let's see how this turns out.
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2020, 08:19 PM   #37
Orphia Nay
Penguilicious Spodmaster.
Tagger
 
Orphia Nay's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ponylandistan Presidential Palace (above the Spods' stables).
Posts: 39,372
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Quelle surprise

Question: What is your theory as to why there was a deadline in the first place? Be specific!
I think it was because they needed funds to pay for the appeal of the inquest findings.

Now they want money to reopen the case.

Sounds like the court appeal failed, like all the truther money-sinks.


ETA: I miss Loss Leader.
__________________
"We stigmatize and send to the margins
people who trigger in us the feelings we want to avoid"
- Melinda Gates, "The Moment of Lift".
Orphia Nay is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2020, 03:56 AM   #38
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 4,557
Originally Posted by Leftus View Post
Not really, that is where they can find the song "remedy"
No.
It was a joke.
I would explain it, but almost no-one on this forum gets my humour, so I won't bother.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 06:57 PM   #39
paloalto
Muse
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 628
Help a 9-11 victim's family with their quest for justice for their murdered son

Originally Posted by Fonebone View Post
I just received a request from the A&E Richard Gage to help a 9-11 victim's
family with their quest for justice for their murdered son.
https://www.ae911truth.org/?tx=12247...ll%2520Inquest
The request is time sensitive. If you wish to assist the deadline is tomorrow
09-01-2020.
Thank you -Fonebone


What is justice? To give every man his own _Aristotle
You don't need money for a new investigation, all of the information to get justice for the murder of their son is now already available in publicly available information.

It is now clear, that Bush was fully aware of the 9/11 attacks, he had been warned many times, and that not only did he do nothing to prevent this 9/11 attacks from taking place, he was in charge of the CIA, and it is now clear he had ordered to CIA to criminally sabotage the FBI criminal investigations of al Qaeda terrorists found inside of the US, including Steve Bongardt’s investigation of Mihdhar and Hazmi, and Harry Samit's investigation of Moussaoui.

To sabotage the FBI investigations of Mihdhar and Hazmi, the CIA in July, 2001, had ordered their spy inside of the FBI ITOS unit, CIA Deputy Chief of the CIA bin Laden Station, Tom Wilshere, never to give or even allow the information at the CIA, that had come out of the Kuala Lumpur al Qaeda planning meeting in January 2000, that Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi had taken part in the planning of the Cole bombing at this meeting, to go to the FBI Cole bombing investigators.

Wishere was directing the actions of FBI HQ’s Agent and her boss SSA Rod Middleton, when they shut down FBI Agent Steve Bongardt’s investigation of Mihdhar and Hazmi on August 28, 29, 2001. Why the CIA criminally sabotaged these criminal investigations of al Qaeda terrorists who were inside of the when the CIA, FBI HQ;s, and the Bush administration all knew full well a huge al Qaeda terrorist attack was just about to take place inside of the US, and even knew by sabotaging these investigations of al Qaeda terrorists who were inside of the US, their actions would allow these terrorists to murder thousands of Americans, has never been explained by the CIA, by the Bush administration, by the FBI, or by the main stream media.

The information that proves that Bush administration, using the CIA, had allowed the al Qaeda terrorists to carry out the 9/11 attack, is now all in the public domain. When all of this information is in the public domain, the big question is why has main stream media never reported it yet.

Perhaps the absolute iron clad proof that the CIA, under the direction of the Bush administration, had deliberately allowed the al Qaeda terrorists to murder thousands of Americans, is one irrefutable fact. After the CIA knew a huge al Qaeda terrorist attack was just about to take place inside of the US, and even found out on August 22, 2001, three weeks prior to 9/11, that two al Qaeda terrorists , Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi were inside of the US, in order to take part in this attack, they never warned anyone or any agency that would or could stop this attack. The credit cards of Mihdhar and Hazmi were even used, in their own names, to buy 10 of the airline tickets used by the terrorists on 9/11. The CIA even had all of the information that would have allowed them to quickly get these credit card numbers.

It is also clear that the 9/11 Commission report was a complete and total fraud, and only put together to hide the reasons the CIA and FBI HQ’s had deliberately allowed these attacks to take place. The 9/11 Commission public hearings final report was so poorly put together, it is hard to believe anyone but a total and complete idiot would ever believe the “official story” which came out of this report. In fact it looks like the managers from the CIA who testified at the Joint Inquiry public hearings and the 9/11 Commission told so many completely obvious lies it is clear that they must have thought the American people were in fact such total idiots, that they would just believe the complete horse manure they told the American people, even when it made absolutely no sense.
paloalto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 09:38 PM   #40
Axxman300
Philosopher
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 5,439
Originally Posted by paloalto View Post
You don't need money for a new investigation, all of the information to get justice for the murder of their son is now already available in publicly available information.

It is now clear, that Bush was fully aware of the 9/11 attacks, he had been warned many times, and that not only did he do nothing to prevent this 9/11 attacks from taking place, he was in charge of the CIA, and it is now clear he had ordered to CIA to criminally sabotage the FBI criminal investigations of al Qaeda terrorists found inside of the US, including Steve Bongardt’s investigation of Mihdhar and Hazmi, and Harry Samit's investigation of Moussaoui.

To sabotage the FBI investigations of Mihdhar and Hazmi, the CIA in July, 2001, had ordered their spy inside of the FBI ITOS unit, CIA Deputy Chief of the CIA bin Laden Station, Tom Wilshere, never to give or even allow the information at the CIA, that had come out of the Kuala Lumpur al Qaeda planning meeting in January 2000, that Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi had taken part in the planning of the Cole bombing at this meeting, to go to the FBI Cole bombing investigators.

Wishere was directing the actions of FBI HQ’s Agent and her boss SSA Rod Middleton, when they shut down FBI Agent Steve Bongardt’s investigation of Mihdhar and Hazmi on August 28, 29, 2001. Why the CIA criminally sabotaged these criminal investigations of al Qaeda terrorists who were inside of the when the CIA, FBI HQ;s, and the Bush administration all knew full well a huge al Qaeda terrorist attack was just about to take place inside of the US, and even knew by sabotaging these investigations of al Qaeda terrorists who were inside of the US, their actions would allow these terrorists to murder thousands of Americans, has never been explained by the CIA, by the Bush administration, by the FBI, or by the main stream media.

The information that proves that Bush administration, using the CIA, had allowed the al Qaeda terrorists to carry out the 9/11 attack, is now all in the public domain. When all of this information is in the public domain, the big question is why has main stream media never reported it yet.

Perhaps the absolute iron clad proof that the CIA, under the direction of the Bush administration, had deliberately allowed the al Qaeda terrorists to murder thousands of Americans, is one irrefutable fact. After the CIA knew a huge al Qaeda terrorist attack was just about to take place inside of the US, and even found out on August 22, 2001, three weeks prior to 9/11, that two al Qaeda terrorists , Khalid al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi were inside of the US, in order to take part in this attack, they never warned anyone or any agency that would or could stop this attack. The credit cards of Mihdhar and Hazmi were even used, in their own names, to buy 10 of the airline tickets used by the terrorists on 9/11. The CIA even had all of the information that would have allowed them to quickly get these credit card numbers.

It is also clear that the 9/11 Commission report was a complete and total fraud, and only put together to hide the reasons the CIA and FBI HQ’s had deliberately allowed these attacks to take place. The 9/11 Commission public hearings final report was so poorly put together, it is hard to believe anyone but a total and complete idiot would ever believe the “official story” which came out of this report. In fact it looks like the managers from the CIA who testified at the Joint Inquiry public hearings and the 9/11 Commission told so many completely obvious lies it is clear that they must have thought the American people were in fact such total idiots, that they would just believe the complete horse manure they told the American people, even when it made absolutely no sense.
No.

Bush never directed the CIA to suppress the FBI investigation. His administration didn't terrorism seriously, just as the Clinton Administration had been half-assed on the subject.

It is quite possible that the CIA knew about the Kuala Lumpur because they thought their source could turn one of the two Al Qaeda hijackers into a CIA asset. Obviously Al Qaeda was playing the CIA on this one, but would have been an operation begun under the Clinton NSC and therefore the Bush NSC might not have been briefed on it. Richard Clark would have mentioned this by now.

If the CIA thought it was running one of the hijackers as an asset, or saw him as a potential asset then the cover-up is simple:

There's no way the CIA discusses assets with anyone outside of the team handling the asset, which is less than five people. This is doubly true if the asset/potential asset moved into the US, where the CIA is forbidden by law to conduct intelligence operations.

So if one of the AQ hijackers was an asset they would have handed the operation off to the FBI, but if he wasn't yet then technically there was nothing to tell the FBI since they assumed their unknown third party was keeping a close eye on the two men.

Either way, the villains of the story are Alec Station's were Michael Casey and Alfreda Bikowsky. Bikowsky was the one who told FBI Agent Michael Rossini he couldn't share Alec Station intelligence with the FBI under threat of prison. It was Bikowsky who claimed to have hand-delivered Mihdhar’s visa information to FBI HQ, yet the log shows she never visited the building on the day she claimed. She had been at Alec Station from day-one, and had become a zealot to the CIA cell.

And I'll say it one more time: the fact that bin Laden was planning to attack the US was no secret. The fact that an attack of some type was anticipated was not a secret. US military bases in CONUS and around the world cut off public access due to this threat, and those bases remain closed to the public today for the same reason.

Nobody knew it would come from the air.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.