IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 28th October 2020, 12:24 PM   #1401
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker
 
kookbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 13,644
Weasel words won’t save you.
__________________
www.spectrum-scientifics.com <- My store of science toys, instruments and general fun!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:27 PM   #1402
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Me either, there is a clear difference in posting the actual claims, and saying you believe them

Sorry if you had a problem with me pointing out what the actual claims were.
Huh, clear evidence of you mocking people for not believing the claims, clear evidence of you making claims, and you're still gonna deny it? Who should we believe, you or our lying eyes?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:30 PM   #1403
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Weasel words won’t save you.
If weasel words are not judging an allegation until all the facts are out, count me guilty. It's actually a wise thing to do on a developing story. What you are mad at is me posting the actual allegations. That's not my problem, it's yours.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 12:33 PM   #1404
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Huh, clear evidence of you mocking people for not believing the claims, clear evidence of you making claims, and you're still gonna deny it? Who should we believe, you or our lying eyes?
Your comprehension skills need a lot of work.


Will you be posting a cite of me attacking someone for doubting the child porn allegation? Will you be posting a cite of me supporting/believing the child porn allegation? Or will you continue to lie about it for everyone to see? A retraction would do some good for your reputation and show good will/honesty.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 01:39 PM   #1405
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Your comprehension skills need a lot of work.
When you were talking about Russians under the bed, was that mocking people or not? When you were making claims about 26000 emails, were you making claims or not? When you JAQ about how do we know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter Biden due to the clear evidence of financial and child porn crimes you hear about, do you expect us to believe you arent defending those claims?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 01:50 PM   #1406
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 23,554
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Dog person, eh?
The real reason I don't like Trump: no dog.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 01:51 PM   #1407
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
When you were talking about Russians under the bed, was that mocking people or not? When you were making claims about 26000 emails, were you making claims or not? When you JAQ about how do we know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter Biden due to the clear evidence of financial and child porn crimes you hear about, do you expect us to believe you arent defending those claims?

Yep, I mocked people for believing this was Russian disinformation when there is zero evidence of it.

26000 emails of Cooney you say? Maybe you mean this?

https://buffalochronicle.com/2020/10...-with-the-fbi/

You are being dishonest again(no surprise.) Post me saying the FBI had arrested Hunter Biden, rather than no one knows what the FBI is or isn't doing. Cite me saying the FBI had arrested Hunter Biden, or we can add that to claims you've made that are knowingly false, yet you won't retract. Not a good look for you to keep going down that dishonest road.

While your at it

Will you be posting a cite of me attacking someone for doubting the child porn allegation? Will you be posting a cite of me supporting/believing the child porn allegation? Or will you continue to lie about it for everyone to see? A retraction would do some good for your reputation and show good will/honesty.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 01:52 PM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 01:55 PM   #1408
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 23,554
The real crime isn't the child porn. The real crime is accusing someone of believing the child porn when they post that there are claims of child porn?

I guess that is all we have until the FBI can figure out that there are so many crimes on that laptop and they are really easy for anyone not int the FBI to figure out. There is no way they will arrest Biden during his dinner. I'm going to go take a shower.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:15 PM   #1409
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Yep, I mocked people for believing this was Russian disinformation when there is zero evidence of it.
Other than Giuliani palling around with Russian assets, Russian assets attempting to sell this stuff last year to Giuliani for $5 mil, and the 50 some Intelligence experts saying it has all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation, there's no evidence? Or no evidence you'd accept?

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
You are being dishonest again(no surprise.) Post me saying the FBI had arrested Hunter Biden, rather than no one knows what the FBI is or isn't doing. Cite me saying the FBI had arrested Hunter Biden, or we can add that to claims you've made that are knowingly false, yet you won't retract. Not a good look for you to keep going down that dishonest road.
Speaking of reading comprehension, I don't see how you got to you claiming Hunter was arrested. My point was that, despite your claims of clear evidence of wrongdoing (you claimed financial shenanigans as well as the child porn, if you can't remember) the FBI has done nothing, i.e. not arrested Hunter. Your response: how do you know they've done nothing? That's a JAQ, it's a dishonest way of defending your claim by pretending the FBI just may have done something despite no arrests, no charges, and... nothing being done.

I know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter. You know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter. But somehow you can't admit it.

Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
While your at it

You're, not your. As in: you're just going to have to be disappointed that I won't play your endless game of fetch.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:19 PM   #1410
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,586
Tahini sounds like Trump: They were mean to me for not believing my crap-based lies! And now they are picking on me when I tell them they are not crap-based, they are honest lies.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:22 PM   #1411
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Other than Giuliani palling around with Russian assets, Russian assets attempting to sell this stuff last year to Giuliani for $5 mil, and the 50 some Intelligence experts saying it has all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation, there's no evidence? Or no evidence you'd accept?



Speaking of reading comprehension, I don't see how you got to you claiming Hunter was arrested. My point was that, despite your claims of clear evidence of wrongdoing (you claimed financial shenanigans as well as the child porn, if you can't remember) the FBI has done nothing, i.e. not arrested Hunter. Your response: how do you know they've done nothing? That's a JAQ, it's a dishonest way of defending your claim by pretending the FBI just may have done something despite no arrests, no charges, and... nothing being done.

I know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter. You know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter. But somehow you can't admit it.




You're, not your. As in: you're just going to have to be disappointed that I won't play your endless game of fetch.
Keep lying about me saying Hunter was arrested(never did, otherwise cite it) and that there was child porn(never did, otherwise you'd cite it). Everyone can see you refuse to cite. It's not a good look for you.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:24 PM   #1412
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Tahini sounds like Trump: They were mean to me for not believing my crap-based lies! And now they are picking on me when I tell them they are not crap-based, they are honest lies.

They can say anything they want. When they don't back it up, they look foolish, and dishonest, especially when its clear they are lying.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:30 PM   #1413
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post

I know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter. You know the FBI didn't arrest Hunter. But somehow you can't admit it.




You're, not your. As in: you're just going to have to be disappointed that I won't play your endless game of fetch.
You're debunking a claim I've never made again regarding Hunter being arrested, cite me doing so, or quit making crap up. It's not a good look for you.

Just like me claiming there was child porn, never did it, and you are obviously too petty to admit things when you're wrong.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:47 PM   #1414
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
You're debunking a claim I've never made again regarding Hunter being arrested, cite me doing so, or quit making crap up. It's not a good look for you.
Do you understand the term JAQ? Maybe that's why you keep getting confused?

Nobody said you claimed Hunter was arrested. You did challenge the claim that nothing was done (Hunter was not arrested) with a "but how do you know" question. Many times.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 02:55 PM   #1415
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Do you understand the term JAQ? Maybe that's why you keep getting confused?

Nobody said you claimed Hunter was arrested. You did challenge the claim that nothing was done (Hunter was not arrested) with a "but how do you know" question. Many times.

That was not about Hunter being arrested, that was about whether the FBI was investigating. Neither you nor I know what they are doing with the laptop/drive. YOU are now trying to turn that into I was questioning whether he was arrested. Stop making crap up. It's not a good look for you.

Taken in conjunction with you lying about me making a claim that there was child porn on the laptop/hard drive, or that I attacked anyone who discounted it, just more lies on your part with no cite. You're losing credibility by the post. You should just admit you were talking out of your butt.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 02:58 PM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 03:21 PM   #1416
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Man I remember another poster who was extremely good at making threads about him rather than the subject of the thread.

So (rule of) we now have even more evidence this was a Russian disinformation campaign with Andriy Derkach having multiple versions of "Hunter Biden's laptop". We know that the FBI had one version of this stuff for almost a year, and despite the partisan claims of clear evidence of crimes the FBI has not done anything. Even with their boss publicly calling for arrests, and threatening Barr and others if no arrests are made, nothing.

I guess as the whole story is falling apart, the plan is to argue about what the pro-October surprise crew believed when they made and defended claims that have now failed to materialize.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 03:24 PM   #1417
Lurch
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,820
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
That was not about Hunter being arrested, that was about whether the FBI was investigating. Neither you nor I know what they are doing with the laptop/drive. YOU are now trying to turn that into I was questioning whether he was arrested. Stop making crap up. It's not a good look for you.

Taken in conjunction with you lying about me making a claim that there was child porn on the laptop/hard drive, or that I attacked anyone who discounted it, just more lies on your part with no cite. You're losing credibility by the post. You should just admit you were talking out of your butt.
"It's not a good look for you." A common expression of yours. Do I take it this connotes concern for the reputation of your opponent in argument? Or is it a reflexive defense/offense mechanism?

Is your promulgation of questionable 'reportage' from questionable sources, and general JAQing, the efforts of a Devil's advocate? If so, your vigor and tenacity are admirable. But a declination to unambiguously express a stance too easily leads to the conclusion that you are on the side of those reports and sources you purvey.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 03:44 PM   #1418
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 32,124
While there's all this quibbling about whether or not Hunter Biden is being inappropriate in some photos with an allegedly underage girl, this video of Trump being inappropriate with all sorts of people, including underage girls, is trending on twitter:

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/stat...26491331457030

All things being equal, there's more evidence of Trump being inappropriate with underage girls, and Trump is actually on the ticket. So even if you assume that every allegation against Hunter Biden is true, then Joe Biden is still more worthy of a vote than Trump.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 03:58 PM   #1419
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
"It's not a good look for you." A common expression of yours. Do I take it this connotes concern for the reputation of your opponent in argument? Or is it a reflexive defense/offense mechanism?
In the context of this being a forum where people are usually asked to back up their assertions, it's not a good look for him.

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Is your promulgation of questionable 'reportage' from questionable sources, and general JAQing, the efforts of a Devil's advocate? If so, your vigor and tenacity are admirable. But a declination to unambiguously express a stance too easily leads to the conclusion that you are on the side of those reports and sources you purvey.
Actually, what I've been doing is posting the claims being made and contemplating what the detractors have to say about them. That's it. If I find a detraction I don't feel as adequate, I say so and why. And if you look back at some of the things I've said, you'd know that while I've pointed out what I thought was wrong with such things as "Hunter lives in California" I've also said things like

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...8#post13260648

"I think it's up to Giuliani and Co. to prove they actually have the emails. It's not like the emails couldn't be authenticated by metadata."

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post13263911


"Same here, if anything I don't think the repair shop guy has anything to do with any fabrication. Not 100% against the Russians, but there isn't any evidence of that at this point."

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0#post13266450

"Even if we agreed on that, no one else would. I concur though, the FBI isn't going to do anything publicly before the election."

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0#post13269100

"I'm trying to figure out if Giuliani gave crazy Chinese dude a copy of the laptop through Bannon, to use for Lude Media. Which is an anti Chinese group hooked up with Bannon. That's the most likely scenario at this point. Crazy Chinese guy claims to have 3 drives of compromising material which was put together by the CCP lol. Completely not believable. Haven't even heard a claim on how he obtained the supposed 3. Wang DingGang mentioned the drives on his show back in September."

The last post in particular shows I don't buy the story hook line and sinker. Although no one wanted to go down that avenue, even though it's the most obvious to me that there is something screwy with the stories and people. It's not JAQ, I'm actually interested in the truth of it all, where the drives originated, if the material is real etc.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 04:24 PM   #1420
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...0#post13269100

"I'm trying to figure out if Giuliani gave crazy Chinese dude a copy of the laptop through Bannon, to use for Lude Media. Which is an anti Chinese group hooked up with Bannon. That's the most likely scenario at this point. Crazy Chinese guy claims to have 3 drives of compromising material which was put together by the CCP lol. Completely not believable. Haven't even heard a claim on how he obtained the supposed 3. Wang DingGang mentioned the drives on his show back in September."

The last post in particular shows I don't buy the story hook line and sinker. Although no one wanted to go down that avenue, even though it's the most obvious to me that there is something screwy with the stories and people. It's not JAQ, I'm actually interested in the truth of it all, where the drives originated, if the material is real etc.
And as a matter of fact. While Giuliani and Bannon have mentioned the porn aspect, I don't think they have released any of it. That is the reason i think they gave it to Wang Dinggang. Wang is the one who's been posting the porn. So they are able to get it out there without their hands being "dirty" for it, by passing it to Wang to do. They've mostly stuck to the financial/business stuff.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 04:30 PM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 05:19 PM   #1421
Tero
Master Poster
 
Tero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North American prairie
Posts: 2,305
Let's wrap this up with some baby news:
Quote:
Hunter Biden’s baby boy is a week old, but it may be months before his grandfather Joe Biden gets to meet him.

Hunter’s wife, Melissa Cohen — who he wed last May, after knowing her for six days — gave birth to a “beautiful and healthy” son on March 28, according to her brother, Garyn Cohen.

Baby-boy Biden was born in Los Angeles, where the family is living in a $2.5 million home in the Hollywood Hills. He’s the first child for Melissa, and the fifth for Hunter, who has three girls with his first wife, Kathleen, and a young daughter with former stripper Lunden Roberts.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/joe-bi...-he-cant-meet/

I don't know why these redneck Trumpists would hate Hunter. He is just like them.
__________________
The republicans are here to save us from government/socialism. Which would like to give us healthcare. But that would make us weak. And generate a lot of old people.

Politics blog: https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 05:28 PM   #1422
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,773
Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Let's wrap this up with some baby news:


https://nypost.com/2020/04/04/joe-bi...-he-cant-meet/

I don't know why these redneck Trumpists would hate Hunter. He is just like them.
More like Trump: three kids with wife #1, one with #2, and one with #3. Although technically, #2 wasn't a 'wife' to Hunter.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 05:31 PM   #1423
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12,947
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
You didn't make up the lie.
You shared it.
You spread it.
You perpetrated it.
And you attacked people who doubted it.
You know, this won't be a popular opinion, but I'm not certain the emails are faked or that the story is false. If I were to fake some emails, I'd make the smoking gun a bit clearer indication of something illegal or grossly immoral. Go too far and it won't be believable, but the worst email refers to meeting Biden without any details (at a social function and briefly perhaps?).

Certainly, the Trumps have a lot more damaging interactions trading their names and access for money.

Now, I know that the story of how the laptop was acquired is a bit odd and why Hunter would drop off three laptops in Delaware at a non-official Apple repair store is unclear, but it's not so improbable that I will conclude it's false. I'm pretty happy saying that it seems improbable and I'd require some clear evidence in its favor before I buy it.

I just don't want to throw in with the folks claiming it's all nonsense because there's some chance that it really is Hunter's laptop and that at least some or possibly all of the emails are real. I'm satisfied with concluding that even if the laptop is real, there's nothing incriminating on it. At worst, it's more evidence that Hunter has benefited from his last name, but is that a reason I should choose Trump?

Sorry, am I to really take seriously that his kids aren't profiting off his position? The US government has paid literally millions to Trump properties because he's president.

Even if the whole Hunter story were true, it's no reason not to vote for his father.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 05:50 PM   #1424
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher
 
Roger Ramjets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,559
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Why would you say that?
Why would I think purported emails that detail corruption should be released on moral grounds?
I don't know. That's why I asked.

But since you answered with another question I can only presume you don't know yourself (either that or you are being deliberately obtuse). Seems pointless, and perhaps a little insincere, to make a statement that you can't explain.

Quote:
Actually I'm am sure he was pretending to know, whether he realizes it or not.
Definition of Pretending

Quote:
1. To give a false appearance of; feign

2. To claim or allege insincerely

3. To represent fictitiously in play; make believe
Pretending requires conscious effort - you cannot do it without realizing. So when you say "I'm am sure he was pretending" you are claiming that he was deliberately being deceptive - yet at the same admitting that he himself may not realize it. That doesn't make sense, but what's worse is how sure you are that you can read someone's mind - from a post on the Internet.

You may fool others with your shtick, but not me. When you post a bare link or a quote with no commentary, I will assume you agree with the content. If you don't want to leave that impression then you need to explain your position. If not then I will know what you are up to. Bleating "Don't shoot the messenger I'm just putting it out there", after excoriating people for questioning its veracity while claiming you have no opinion on it will not work with me. You put it out there - you own it.
__________________
We don't want good, sound arguments. We want arguments that sound good.
Roger Ramjets is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 05:58 PM   #1425
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
I don't know. That's why I asked.

But since you answered with another question I can only presume you don't know yourself
(either that or you are being deliberately obtuse). Seems pointless, and perhaps a little insincere, to make a statement that you can't explain.
Glad to explain, I was being kind using the term pretend. It was better than saying he was lying that he knew what the FBI was or was not doing. It was better than calling him stupid for thinking nothing could ever happen because it had been 10 months since the FBI took the laptop, as if there is some 10 month rule.


Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Definition of Pretending



Pretending requires conscious effort - you cannot do it without realizing. So when you say "I'm am [hilite]sure[ he was pretending" you are claiming that he was deliberately being deceptive - yet at the same admitting that he himself may not realize it. That doesn't make sense, but what's worse is how sure you are that you can read someone's mind - from a post on the Internet.

You may fool others with your shtick, but not me. When you post a bare link or a quote with no commentary, I will assume you agree with the content. If you don't want to leave that impression then you need to explain your position. If not then I will know what you are up to. Bleating "Don't shoot the messenger I'm just putting it out there", after excoriating people for questioning its veracity while claiming you have no opinion on it will not work with me. You put it out there - you own it.

Get over yourself. I'll post whatever is relevant to the conversation. You can pretend to know what I think all you want.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 06:19 PM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:04 PM   #1426
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing
 
varwoche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 15,624
Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
People who have argued themselves into a corner always want to talk a lot about what their position isn't and never about what their position is.
Wise words.
__________________
To survive election season on a skeptics forum, one must understand Hymie-the-Robot.
varwoche is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:31 PM   #1427
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
You may fool others with your shtick, but not me. When you post a bare link or a quote with no commentary, I will assume you agree with the content. If you don't want to leave that impression then you need to explain your position. If not then I will know what you are up to. Bleating "Don't shoot the messenger I'm just putting it out there", after excoriating people for questioning its veracity while claiming you have no opinion on it will not work with me. You put it out there - you own it.
I posted a claim by Giuliani, and said don't shoot the messenger. That's it. If you want to quote me "excoriating" people for questioning that post, that claim, which was about Giuliani claiming there was kiddie porn, go right ahead and provide a cite. You are either misinformed, or lying about it. As they say, put up or shut up. No one else has been able to do it, because it didn't happen, and yet you repeat the crap.

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 06:41 PM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:34 PM   #1428
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker
 
Foggy of the Fogbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 147
Y'all are feeding this troll. I refuse to do that anymore.
Foggy of the Fogbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:40 PM   #1429
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,773
Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow View Post
Y'all are feeding this troll. I refuse to do that anymore.
Yep. In another unrelated thread when he said (I'm paraphrasing) "Oh, yeah, the Russians are always the big Boogeymen!" basically denying Russian interference in the 2016 elections, I said that's it. No more.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:45 PM   #1430
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post



You may fool others with your shtick, but not me.
Being honest is a shtick?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=1419
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:51 PM   #1431
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Yep. In another unrelated thread when he said (I'm paraphrasing) "Oh, yeah, the Russians are always the big Boogeymen!" basically denying Russian interference in the 2016 elections, I said that's it. No more.
Actually I think that was this thread lol. And yes, it was a true statement. China is far more dangerous than Russia in my opinion.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:54 PM   #1432
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,465
I think it's funny Barr's October Surprise had nothing to do with Barr.

My sense is he decided not to crucify himself at the last minute after all, which I hope signals a deep conviction that Trump is going to lose.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 06:57 PM   #1433
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I think it's funny Barr's October Surprise had nothing to do with Barr.

My sense is he decided not to crucify himself at the last minute after all, which I hope signals a deep conviction that Trump is going to lose.
I think he doesn't want to be a Comey by either publically clearing or charging, whichever way it's going to go.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 07:07 PM   #1434
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Darn it, you guys! Tucker Carlson was just about to end Hunter Biden's candidacy when he accidentally lost the only copy of the emails! Man, can you just imagine the luck!
/s
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 07:12 PM   #1435
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Darn it, you guys! Tucker Carlson was just about to end Hunter Biden's candidacy when he accidentally lost the only copy of the emails! Man, can you just imagine the luck!
/s
Hey I got a question. Is there any contemporary information about a Hunter Biden hard drive/laptop in 2019? Or are we only hearing this after Giuliani and Wang came forward?
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 07:13 PM   #1436
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 21,773
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Darn it, you guys! Tucker Carlson was just about to end Hunter Biden's candidacy when he accidentally lost the only copy of the emails! Man, can you just imagine the luck!
/s
I knooooooooooow, Basil I knoooooooooooow.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 07:26 PM   #1437
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Hey I got a question. Is there any contemporary information about a Hunter Biden hard drive/laptop in 2019? Or are we only hearing this after Giuliani and Wang came forward?
You are apparently only hearing about it now. News reports say guys like Lev Parnas was hearing about it in May of 2019. Apparently even Giuliani could tell it was fake back then, though, and since nobody reports on scams that don't fool the mark it didn't make even the Gateway Pundit.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 07:41 PM   #1438
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 756
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
You are apparently only hearing about it now. News reports say guys like Lev Parnas was hearing about it in May of 2019. Apparently even Giuliani could tell it was fake back then, though, and since nobody reports on scams that don't fool the mark it didn't make even the Gateway Pundit.
Right, that's not what I asked for. I asked for any 2019 contemporary pieces on a Hunter Biden laptop/Hard drive. Not something that came out in Oct 2020. Something from 2019 that contains an allegation about a Hunter Biden laptop/hard drive being shopped around Ukraine in the year 2019. Not a report from 2020 mind you. I mean a report that was written in the year 2019, about some shady Ukrainian characters shopping around a Hunter Biden laptop/hard drive. A report from Oct 2020 would not really be what I am asking for. I'm asking for something that contains the allegation that a laptop/hard drive that purportedly had Hunter Biden's emails and pictures on it, was being shopped to Giuliani in Ukraine, which was printed/published/posted in the year 2019.

Or are all these reports about this Hunter Biden laptop/hard drive being shopped to Giuliani in 2019 coming from after Giuliani revealed he had it?

Last edited by TahiniBinShawarma; 28th October 2020 at 07:43 PM.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 07:41 PM   #1439
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,589
Tucker Carlson is now blaming mishandled shipping for his lack of documents. Yes, he's saying that they got lost in the mail.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2020, 08:23 PM   #1440
dirtywick
Illuminator
 
dirtywick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,941
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Darn it, you guys! Tucker Carlson was just about to end Hunter Biden's candidacy when he accidentally lost the only copy of the emails! Man, can you just imagine the luck!
/s
LOL maybe they’re in his other pants
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.