IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 29th October 2020, 03:47 PM   #1481
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
This was when he decided to fly 2500 miles away to get it fixed
Evidence that Hunter flew 2500 miles with the computers?

Quote:
forged his own signature
Evidence the signature was forged?

Quote:
refused to leave any contact info
Evidence Hunter refused to leave any contact info?The invoice I've seen has Hunter's name and at least two more lines below that blurred out.


Quote:
and then erased the security footage of him even being there
Evidence he erased the footage?



Quote:
Your evidence that there were others and that Hunter has or ever had them, I hope it isn't Giuliani's word only. That'd be pretty foolish, trusting Deeptuck.
Have you not listened to John Paul Mac Isaac's interview? If you have, you didn't pay attention. I'll go over this again.

In the recording, John Paul said Hunter brought in three laptops.

The first laptop was a post 2016 model and John Paul did not check it in because he knew that model of laptop would not allow the data to be recovered because of the water damage and the type of hardware within. He sent it home with Hunter.

The second laptop also had water damage and it had keyboard issues only. John Paul gave Hunter a plug-in keyboard to take home with him. Hunter took the laptop and keyboard home, it was never left at the store.

The third laptop was left there. This is the laptop John Paul made the hard drive copies of and this is also the laptop the FBI confiscated. This is the laptop that contains the information given to Rudy Giuliani.


Quote:
That's the one he got from his trip to the Ukraine, right?
See above.




Quote:
Wait...even by your interpretation there were 3 laptops, plus Derkach has 2...so help me out, why is the claim that there's 5 a lie again?
Let me refresh your memory about what you said:
Quote:
Giuliani had 3, and he claims Derkach has 2 more.
Giuliani never had three. He has a copy of the hard drive from one laptop.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 04:19 PM   #1482
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing
 
phiwum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12,947
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I suspect Bill Barr is planning his sudden departure for somewhere with no extradition clause with the USA. To...see more of his family, pursue overseas business opportunities, etc.
I don't think Bill Barr has committed any crimes.

Ruined the status of the Justice Department and committed, oh, a dozen or more impeachable acts. Maybe his partisan activities could violate the Hatch Act, but not in the obvious ways of, say, the Interior Dept's recent propaganda.

He's a terrible son of a bitch, but I don't know what he could be charged with. 'Course, there's an awful lot of laws I don't know, I s'pose.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:25 PM   #1483
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,688
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Evidence that Hunter flew 2500 miles with the computers?
So Hunter Biden bought 3 laptops on a trip to Delaware and write after downloading his email to them he spilled a pitcher of water on them?

Quote:
Let me refresh your memory about what you said: Giuliani never had three. He has a copy of the hard drive from one laptop.
So Giuliani never had 3. But Hunter did. Where did the 2 that Derkach have come from?
__________________
"Facts are stupid things."
Ronald Reagan


TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:33 PM   #1484
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Uh-oh

Quote:

EXCLUSIVE: A @TheJusticeDept official confirms that in 2019, the @FBI opened up a criminal investigation into "Hunter Biden and his associates," focused on allegations of money-laundering, and that it remains open and active today. More very soon on your @WeAreSinclair stations.

— James Rosen (@JamesRosenTV) October 29, 2020

I hope the authorities have Hunter on "suicide" watch.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:35 PM   #1485
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness
 
Silly Green Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,302
Last year? Funny how he's not in jail yet...
__________________
Normal is just a stereotype.
Silly Green Monkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:36 PM   #1486
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
So Hunter Biden bought 3 laptops on a trip to Delaware and write after downloading his email to them he spilled a pitcher of water on them?
I keep hoping someone will ask Hunter rather than everyone speculating.



Quote:
So Giuliani never had 3. But Hunter did. Where did the 2 that Derkach have come from?
I don't know.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:37 PM   #1487
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,907
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Also, if this is Bill Barr's October Surprise, my brother's son is a lower-order simian. While Barr may be a scruple-free opportunistic schemer, he is also reasonably intelligent. So I would expect him to have planned something a LOT better than this as a late-minute game-changer..
It's 4 days until the election and millions of people have already voted early. There's the 11th Hour and there's the 11th Hour and 59th Minute.
__________________
"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:43 PM   #1488
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
Last year? Funny how he's not in jail yet...

How long do you suppose the investigation should take?

What do you base that opinion on?
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 05:45 PM   #1489
dirtywick
Illuminator
 
dirtywick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,945
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
How long do you suppose the investigation should take?

What do you base that opinion on?
Rudy figures it out in a couple of weeks. And he’s a huge dumb ass.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 06:10 PM   #1490
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Evidence that Hunter flew 2500 miles with the computers?
I know you don't exactly math, but Hunter lived 2500+ miles away. I know physical location is evidence for those of us in the real world, but what sort of evidence do you require?

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Evidence the signature was forged?
Jebus, it wasn't his signature. The signature on the repair request and his legal signature have been posted side by side already. How much more evidence do you need?

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Evidence Hunter refused to leave any contact info?The invoice I've seen has Hunter's name and at least two more lines below that blurred out.
This is shooting fish in a barrel now. Here, in an effort to not make you look like a blithering idiot, let's stick to only your preferred sources ok? Was the repair guy able to contact the person who couldn't forge Hunter's signature? No? Huh, you'd think a guy who had already spent $85 in parts to do a $75 job would contact the guy who authorized the repair.


Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Evidence he erased the footage?
Hahahahahaahahhahahhaa


Hahahahahah

Hahahahahah

Hahahahahah!

You're demanding proof of what your star and only witness claimed? OMG, I'm so glad I'm not as gullible as you are!



Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Have you not listened to John Paul Mac Isaac's interview? If you have, you didn't pay attention. I'll go over this again.

In the recording, John Paul said Hunter brought in three laptops.

The first laptop was a post 2016 model and John Paul did not check it in because he knew that model of laptop would not allow the data to be recovered because of the water damage and the type of hardware within. He sent it home with Hunter.

The second laptop also had water damage and it had keyboard issues only. John Paul gave Hunter a plug-in keyboard to take home with him. Hunter took the laptop and keyboard home, it was never left at the store.

The third laptop was left there. This is the laptop John Paul made the hard drive copies of and this is also the laptop the FBI confiscated. This is the laptop that contains the information given to Rudy Giuliani.
Which MacBook was John Paul Luc Picard authorized to repair?

Oh, none of them? Huh, so we're back to Hunter flying 2500+ miles to find a guy who is not only not authorized to do the work, but by his own testimony unable to do the work. Instead of going to an Apple shop less than 10 miles from his house?
My god does one have to be a special kind of stupid to still buy Giuliani's story!


Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
See above.
The part where Deeptuck's useful idiots fell on their faces? Oh, pal, I'm gonna keep on looking and laughing at the "see above" for weeks.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Let me refresh your memory about what you said: Giuliani never had three. He has a copy of the hard drive from one laptop.
Let me refresh yours: 3 + 2 = 5. You claim 3 + 2, but say 5 is a lie.

In fairness to you, let's agree all the Guiliani and Ukrainian sourced (but I repeat myself) laptops are a lie. That leaves us with... Zero laptops. Dang-it. And you were so close!
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 07:27 PM   #1491
surrogate
Critical Thinker
 
surrogate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somewhere within the Orion Arm (aka NJ, USA)
Posts: 460
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The third laptop was left there. This is the laptop John Paul made the hard drive copies of and this is also the laptop the FBI confiscated. This is the laptop that contains the information given to Rudy Giuliani.
Seems a little strange to me that the FBI would confiscate the laptop and backup HD and have no issue with the shop owner keeping a copy for himself considering that the original belonged to someone else. Is the FBI in the habit of leaving copies of sensitive and/or criminal data with potential witnesses to do with as they please?
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 07:41 PM   #1492
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Seems a little strange to me that the FBI would confiscate the laptop and backup HD and have no issue with the shop owner keeping a copy for himself considering that the original belonged to someone else. Is the FBI in the habit of leaving copies of sensitive and/or criminal data with potential witnesses to do with as they please?
Jean Luc Picard claimed that he made a copy of the laptop before he contacted the FBI. He also claimed that no he made a copy after contacting the FBI because they asked him to, what with his demonstrable lack of Apple authorized skill set. See, a blind unauthorized repair guy is head and shoulders above the FBI computer guys.

So, Jean Claude Van Damme apparently made something like 3 copies of the laptop, both before he contacted the FBI, after he contacted the FBI, and nuh uh he never contacted the FBI but he made a copy so they don't Seth Rich him.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 07:44 PM   #1493
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator
 
MinnesotaBrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,996
Maybe I should start a go fund me for 5 million bucks to get the real hunter hard drive from Ukraine
__________________
Formerly known as MNBrant.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 07:59 PM   #1494
This is The End
 
This is The End's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,920
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...73721461071872
__________________
________________________
This is The End is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 08:16 PM   #1495
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
I know you don't exactly math, but Hunter lived 2500+ miles away. I know physical location is evidence for those of us in the real world, but what sort of evidence do you require?
The laptops could've been in Delaware already? He was still pretty hot for his dead brother's wife at that time, according to some of the texts I've been reading. He could've flown in the town to bang one out. He could've been there on business travel. He could've been there arranging business to make more money off of his daddy's name. Until you provide evidence that he was in California on that day, you're just blowing smoke.



Quote:
Jebus, it wasn't his signature. The signature on the repair request and his legal signature have been posted side by side already. How much more evidence do you need?
I would prefer evidence from someone who has expertise in the field rather than some rando on the internet who has no qualifications to make a reasoned judgment.



Quote:
This is shooting fish in a barrel now. Here, in an effort to not make you look like a blithering idiot, let's stick to only your preferred sources ok? Was the repair guy able to contact the person who couldn't forge Hunter's signature? No? Huh, you'd think a guy who had already spent $85 in parts to do a $75 job would contact the guy who authorized the repair.
You originally said "he refused to leave any contact info". Now you're switching it to John Paul not contacting Hunter.

There's a difference between not leaving any contact info and John Paul not being able to contact Hunter, right?

In the recorded interview, a reporter asks John Paul why he didn't reach out to someone in the Biden family after Hunter did not come back and pick up the laptop. He says it's not standard procedure for them. They get multiple points of contact when they fill out the paperwork and when the repair is complete they make every effort to reach out and contact the customer. After 90 days they recycle the computer.

Why do you assume John Paul did not try to contact Hunter Biden?



Quote:
Hahahahahah!

You're demanding proof of what your star and only witness claimed? OMG, I'm so glad I'm not as gullible as you are!
Again, you did not pay attention to what he said. He never said he deleted the CCTV footage.

A reporter asked him "why didn't you save the security footage," to which he responded, "because it was just a customer." The reporter asking questions implies that the CCTV footage is stored on his servers for two months, and he said by the time he became suspicious of what was on the laptop the recordings were already off of the server.


Quote:
Which MacBook was John Paul Luc Picard authorized to repair?
What are you talking about? Is there some kind of law saying anyone has to be "authorized" to work on a MacBook? Ridiculous.


Quote:
but by his own testimony unable to do the work.
Now you're just lying.


Quote:
Let me refresh yours: 3 + 2 = 5. You claim 3 + 2, but say 5 is a lie.
I never claimed Giuliani had 3, that was you. Giuliani had zero laptops, but he did have a copy of the hard drive from the only one left at the computer store.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 08:20 PM   #1496
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator
 
MinnesotaBrant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4,996
which had encryption which was broken by who. Rudy claimed that hunters icloud account was hacked and that however most of the data on the drive was still encrypted. Thats probably why the hard drive cost 5 million.
__________________
Formerly known as MNBrant.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 08:25 PM   #1497
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing
 
Regnad Kcin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 10,379
Originally Posted by TahiniBinShawarma View Post
Hey I got a question. Is there any contemporary information about a Hunter Biden hard drive/laptop in 2019? Or are we only hearing this after Giuliani and Wang came forward?
I should hope so.
__________________
My heros are Alex Zanardi and Evelyn Glennie.
Regnad Kcin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 08:29 PM   #1498
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,597
Originally Posted by This is The End View Post
Would have been better if you had added some of the explanation rather than just a link.

Quote:
Tucker Carlson, who has spent the past two weeks obsessing on the Hunter Biden emails, now says it's time to leave Hunter alone:

"The point is pounding on a man, jumping on, and piling on when he’s already down is not something we want to be involved in."
Gee, waddaniceguy!
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 08:37 PM   #1499
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 15,813
Tucker knows Trump is going down.
__________________
“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
-Anne Lamott
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 08:47 PM   #1500
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
what with his demonstrable lack of Apple authorized skill set. See, a blind unauthorized repair guy is head and shoulders above the FBI computer guys.

If you would have paid attention, you would've heard John Paul tell the press interviewing him that he was employed by Apple as a Lead Genius before opening his own repair shop. So yeah, "demonstrated lack of Apple authorized skill set" is just silly.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 09:49 PM   #1501
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13,711
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Tucker knows Trump is going down.
That's not it. It's that he had a lost package then made wild claims about it. Once the package was recovered by UPS, he now has to either produce his bombshell evidence or weasel his way out of it. We're seeing the weaseling.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 09:59 PM   #1502
Bogative
Graduate Poster
 
Bogative's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,941
Mac Isaac's lawyer has issued a detailed timeline to clarify misunderstandings about what happened.

A link to the document can be found here.

Mac Isaac's father tried to give a copy of the hard drive to the FBI in mid-July, they turned him away but contacted him in mid-October asking for a copy.

Hunter came back two days after dropping the laptop off with a hard drive to transfer the recovered data onto.
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 10:03 PM   #1503
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing
 
Minoosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,465
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
In the recorded interview, a reporter asks John Paul why he didn't reach out to someone in the Biden family after Hunter did not come back and pick up the laptop. He says it's not standard procedure for them.
In the delaware.com print story he said it is standard procedure to contact the owner.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Why do you assume John Paul did not try to contact Hunter Biden?
In the delaware.com print story he declines to answer the question of whether he did or didn't.

I have listened to the whole interview, but don't want to replay the hourlong thing to catch this bit. If you are willing and can get a timestamp I'll look. I listened to the audio after I read the delaware.com story and didn't catch this alleged discrepancy, and I'm trained to spot that kind of stuff. Could have missed it though.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2020, 10:09 PM   #1504
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 10,597
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Mac Isaac's lawyer has issued a detailed timeline to clarify misunderstandings about what happened.

A link to the document can be found here.

Mac Isaac's father tried to give a copy of the hard drive to the FBI in mid-July, they turned him away but contacted him in mid-October asking for a copy.

Hunter came back two days after dropping the laptop off with a hard drive to transfer the recovered data onto.
Check your source.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 12:53 AM   #1505
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 32,124
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
"Founded by John Soloman [sic]". Enough said, really. But for those who are unaware of Solomon's work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S...tor)#Reception

Quote:
Paul McCleary, writing for the Columbia Journalism Review in 2007, wrote that Solomon had earned a reputation for hyping stories without solid foundation.[7] In 2012, Mariah Blake, writing for the Columbia Journalism Review, wrote that Solomon "has a history of bending the truth to his storyline," and that he "was notorious for massaging facts to conjure phantom scandals."[8][22] During the 2004 presidential election between George W. Bush and John Kerry, Thomas Lang wrote for the Columbia Journalism Review that a Solomon story for the Associated Press covered criticism of John Kerry's record on national security appeared to mirror a research report released by the Republican National Committee. Lang wrote that Solomon's story was "a clear demonstration of the influence opposition research is already having on coverage of the [presidential] campaign."[45][46]

The Washington Post wrote in September 2019 that Solomon's "recent work has been trailed by claims that it is biased and lacks rigor."[22] The Post noted that Solomon had done award-winning investigative work during his early career, but that his work had taken a pronounced conservative bent from the late 2000s and onwards.[22] According to Foreign Policy magazine, Solomon had "grown into a prominent conservative political commentator with a somewhat controversial track record."[30]

In 2007, Deborah Howell, then-ombudsman at The Washington Post, criticized a story that Solomon wrote for The Post which had suggested impropriety by Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards in a real estate purchase; Solomon's reporting omitted context which would have made clear that there was no impropriety.[6] Progressive news outlets ThinkProgress, Media Matters for America and Crooked Media have argued that Solomon's reporting has a conservative bias and that there are multiple instances of inaccuracies.[47][48][49] According to The Intercept, Just Security and The Daily Beast, Solomon helps to advance right-wing and pro-Trump conspiracy theories.[25][23][50] The New Republic described Solomon's columns for The Hill as "right-wing fever dreams."[51] Independent journalist Marcy Wheeler accused Solomon of manufacturing fake scandals which suggested wrongdoing by those conducting probes into Russian interference in the 2016 election.[52] Reporters who worked under Solomon as an editor have said that he encouraged them to bend the truth to fit a pre-existing narrative.[8]
There's more on that page, too, but that should give people enough information to judge.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 01:09 AM   #1506
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient
 
Firestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3,015
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Barr is keeping his powder dry to go after Biden votes.
Maybe, probably.

But:

An October Surprise à la Comey letter doesn't require much: a real though not very significant fact (Weiner's laptop with Huma's emails on it), a rogue FBI agent in NYC threatening to leak it, Comey thinking that Trump will lose anyway, so preempts the leak. No big conspiracy needing dozens of acolytes, the perfect October Surprise.

Going after Biden votes will require ... well, that depends on the results.

If it is close, and they need to swap one or two states, yes, maybe Barr will be able to marshal a few US attorneys (or GOP state/district attorneys) to strategically dispute presumed Biden votes, and then count on the federal courts and SCOTUS to finish the job.
If it is not close, and they need to swap 4,5,6 states, using a different ad hoc rationale in each of them, that becomes a conspiracy involving quite a few people. Possible? Yes. Seems unlikely though.
__________________
The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age. -- Carl Sagan
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 01:48 AM   #1507
dirtywick
Illuminator
 
dirtywick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,945
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Tucker knows Trump is going down.
LOL Tucker is making up conspiracies about conspiracies now. Are people making him say things on dares? I don't think he knows what's going on.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 01:56 AM   #1508
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
The laptops could've been in Delaware already? He was still pretty hot for his dead brother's wife at that time, according to some of the texts I've been reading. He could've flown in the town to bang one out. He could've been there on business travel. He could've been there arranging business to make more money off of his daddy's name. Until you provide evidence that he was in California on that day, you're just blowing smoke.
I see, now you are claiming he routinely leaves 3 laptops in Delaware, where he doesn't live or work, "for business"? Do you have any experience with business people or with laptops in general?
Also, it's actually incumbent on you and your side to prove Hunter was in that repair shop that day, not my job to prove he wasn't.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I would prefer evidence from someone who has expertise in the field rather than some rando on the internet who has no qualifications to make a reasoned judgment.
I see. They're plainly not the same, but you want to assume they are until an expert tells you they aren't? Given how quickly you swallow John Isaac Peter Paul and Mary's claim to be the top guy at Apple, I would have thought you'd accept any claim.


Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
You originally said "he refused to leave any contact info". Now you're switching it to John Paul not contacting Hunter.
I'm going by the fact that he didn't leave contact info as evidence that he refused to leave contact info. I get that this may be confusing to you, but it's pretty basic stuff.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
There's a difference between not leaving any contact info and John Paul not being able to contact Hunter, right?

In the recorded interview, a reporter asks John Paul why he didn't reach out to someone in the Biden family after Hunter did not come back and pick up the laptop. He says it's not standard procedure for them. They get multiple points of contact when they fill out the paperwork and when the repair is complete they make every effort to reach out and contact the customer. After 90 days they recycle the computer.
In other interviews, John Claude claims he didn't know who the laptop belonged to, he assumed it was Hunter Biden's because of a sticker for a charity that Hunter did not work for was on the laptop. That's a strange claim to make if he had Hunter's contact information.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Why do you assume John Paul did not try to contact Hunter Biden?
Because when directly asked that question, John Luke said "no comment." Not "yes I called him".


Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Again, you did not pay attention to what he said. He never said he deleted the CCTV footage.

A reporter asked him "why didn't you save the security footage," to which he responded, "because it was just a customer." The reporter asking questions implies that the CCTV footage is stored on his servers for two months, and he said by the time he became suspicious of what was on the laptop the recordings were already off of the server.
His timeline of when he became suspicious varies wildly depending on the telling. His original claim was that he became suspicious because of the sticker, but he also claims he inadvertently saw emails and pics that made him suspicious while recovering the drive. And both of those occurred well before the 2 months had lapsed.


Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
What are you talking about? Is there some kind of law saying anyone has to be "authorized" to work on a MacBook? Ridiculous.
Are you not familiar with the concept of companies authorizing properly trained and certified people to work on their products? I doubt that, so playing dumb is not helping your case.
Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Now you're just lying.
Nope. John Paul Isaac Bob Fred claimed his "medical condition" means he can't see well enough to see a person standing 2 or 3 feet away. That bad eyesight means he can't see well enough to open up the guts of a laptop either.

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
I never claimed Giuliani had 3, that was you. Giuliani had zero laptops, but he did have a copy of the hard drive from the only one left at the computer store.
We both agree that Guiliani doesn't have anything originally belonging to Hunter. The hard drive Giuliani got from the Ukraine by way of a blind Delaware guy, plus the original 3 laptops he claimed plus the 2 more laptops he claims Derkach has still equals at least 5 though. I'm still trying to find the article about the one Hunter supposedly left with a psychiatrist or psychologist. Web searches for that are overwhelmed with articles about how stupid Giuliani's laptop claims are, unfortunately.

Last edited by wareyin; 30th October 2020 at 02:02 AM.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 02:08 AM   #1509
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 15,813
Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
LOL Tucker is making up conspiracies about conspiracies now. Are people making him say things on dares? I don't think he knows what's going on.
tucker gets a reality check every time he gets the number of advertiser revenue - it's not getting bigger.
Tucker made it because of Trump, and he needs to be both clever and lucky not to get voted out alongside him.
__________________
“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
-Anne Lamott
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 03:30 AM   #1510
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 100,087
Quick question as I've not been following the detail of this but I'm presuming the repair guy had asked for Hunter's laptop password and his if his icloud password and had him remove two factor authentication?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 03:42 AM   #1511
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient
 
Firestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Belgium
Posts: 3,015
The Giuliani led Hunter Biden thing was preceded by a fake "intelligence" document produced by a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, written by the non existing security analyst Martin Aspen.

The document asserts an elaborate conspiracy theory involving Joe Biden's son and business in China.

It (obviously) went viral on the right wing web.

Quote:
One of the original posters of the document, a blogger and professor named Christopher Balding, took credit for writing parts of it when asked about it and said Aspen does not exist.
...
The Typhoon Investigations document was first posted in September to Intelligence Quarterly, an anonymous blog "dedicated to collecting important daily news," according to its "about" section. Historical domain records show the blog was registered to Albert Marko, a self-described political and economic adviser, who also lists the blog on his Twitter bio. When asked about the provenance of the document, Marko said he received it from Balding.
...
Balding's blog was the primary driver of virality in conservative and conspiracy communities. The report itself was shared across Facebook and Twitter around 5,000 times, according to BuzzSumo, and more than 80 sites linked back to the blog, which was shared more than 25,000 times on Facebook and Twitter. Hyperpartisan and conspiracy sites like ZeroHedge and WorldNetDaily led the pack.

On Twitter, the document was pushed by influencers in the QAnon community, as well as by Dinggang Wang, an anti-Chinese government YouTube personality who works for Guo Wengui, a billionaire who fled China amid accusations of bribery and other crimes. Republican Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House of Representatives, tweeted the document to his 2.3 million followers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...eluge-n1245387
Although this is apparently not the garbage peddled by Giuliani and Bannon recently, notice the involvement of Bannon's pal Guo Wengui.
__________________
The method of science is tried and true. It is not perfect, it's just the best we have. And to abandon it, with its skeptical protocols is the pathway to a dark age. -- Carl Sagan

Last edited by Firestone; 30th October 2020 at 03:48 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 04:26 AM   #1512
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Aha! I found the 6th laptop story!
"At this point, Birkenfeld seemed to recognize how surreal this all sounds: that Hunter Biden would not only professionally see but live with a psychiatrist in a state hundreds of miles from his home—a psychiatrist who accused his dad of having dementia—that he confided intricate details of international corruption during these therapy sessions, that he would leave YET ANOTHER LAPTOP at this TV doctor’s residence; and that the DEA would surreptitiously seize that laptop right when Senate investigators were swarming."
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 04:32 AM   #1513
The Don
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sir Fynwy
Posts: 32,397
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
Aha! I found the 6th laptop story!
"At this point, Birkenfeld seemed to recognize how surreal this all sounds: that Hunter Biden would not only professionally see but live with a psychiatrist in a state hundreds of miles from his home—a psychiatrist who accused his dad of having dementia—that he confided intricate details of international corruption during these therapy sessions, that he would leave YET ANOTHER LAPTOP at this TV doctor’s residence; and that the DEA would surreptitiously seize that laptop right when Senate investigators were swarming."
**** me !

Hunter Biden must have been Apple's best customer. Six laptops discarded over a period of weeks ?

His laptop habit might have been more expensive than his drug habit.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 04:39 AM   #1514
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker
 
Foggy of the Fogbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 147
Wow, yeah.

At this point, not only am I not going to vote for Hunter Biden, I'm never going to buy drugs from him again!
__________________
I hope y'all are still wearing your seatbelts, because this ride ain't over yet!
Foggy of the Fogbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 04:55 AM   #1515
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 15,813
But I will have some of the excess laptops.
__________________
“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
-Anne Lamott
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 05:26 AM   #1516
Manger Douse
Muse
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 665
Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow View Post
Wow, yeah.

At this point, not only am I not going to vote for Hunter Biden, I'm never going to buy drugs from him again!
If he's done half the things he's been accused of they must be pretty good drugs
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 05:32 AM   #1517
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man
 
JoeMorgue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 34,907
I like how the only two people still taking this seriously have been reduced to "Okay but do you have evidence that the thing I have presented no evidence for not true?"

Hunter Biden's laptop is in my garage right next to the invisible dragon it seems.
__________________
"When enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies." - Jon Snow

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 05:32 AM   #1518
I Am The Scum
Illuminator
 
I Am The Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,589
I was just thinking about how uninteresting this story really is, deep down. If Hunter Biden were instead named Hunter Smith, nobody would have heard about it. It wouldn't have even made the local news in a sleepy town.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 05:39 AM   #1519
wareyin
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia, USA
Posts: 9,333
Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
I was just thinking about how uninteresting this story really is, deep down. If Hunter Biden were instead named Hunter Smith, nobody would have heard about it. It wouldn't have even made the local news in a sleepy town.
There certainly wouldn't have been so many laptops being forged.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th October 2020, 05:46 AM   #1520
Armitage72
Philosopher
 
Armitage72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6,186
Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
I see. They're plainly not the same, but you want to assume they are until an expert tells you they aren't? Given how quickly you swallow John Isaac Peter Paul and Mary's claim to be the top guy at Apple, I would have thought you'd accept any claim.


It's a claim that clearly derives from not having seen the signatures. It's comparable to claiming that if an elephant and a marmot are sitting side by side, only a zoologist is qualified to determine that they aren't the same species.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.