IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , election conspiracies , Jenna Ellis , Lin Wood , rudy giuliani , Sidney Powell

Closed Thread
Old 24th November 2020, 07:46 PM   #761
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
So I guess Mt. Rushmore is out for One Term Wonder Trump.
He gets the next best thing a spray painting of his name and expletive on the dumpster in the Mt. Rushmore parking lot.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 10:16 PM   #762
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Here is a link to Sidney Powell's brand new fundraising page to overturn the election. The fund was established the day after she was sacked.

"Attorney Sidney Powell needs your immediate support to halt the certification of ballots in Georgia, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin."

https://defendingtherepublic.org/

Her own connected webpage seems to be focused about selling her books.
https://www.sidneypowell.com/
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th November 2020, 10:34 PM   #763
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
You know................................that's the most feasible thing I've seen associated with the Qcumbers.
Q-cumbers!
Are they pickled? Just about have to be!
Old 25th November 2020, 09:25 AM   #764
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Q-cumbers!
Are they pickled? Just about have to be!
Yes and in all possible ways
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 01:51 PM   #765
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Seems silly to keep discussing the follies of Rudy in the politics threads. Here are my last two posts as I listen to the Gettysburg address of the crazies still trying to overturn the election:
Today's Gettysburg event cancelled because someone at the WH got Covid, which is just a flu and went away like a miracle in April.
The event isn't cancelled, just Trump's visit. It's on live now. Maybe Trump he would be bored sitting there all day.

Right now some election worker is going on and on about her bad experience with someone yelling at her.

I probably won't watch much.

RCP - live coverage.

The committee members that I can see are all wearing masks.

The next whiner is upset about the mail-in ballots because it was so confusing to her as an election worker.

It was ballot harvesting because some one was emptying a ballot drop box????

Trump is now on the phone with the same allegations the courts threw out. Everyone clapped for their hero.

[I took a break to play with my dog.]

Continuing with the 'live' broadcast of the Gettysburg meeting:

Giuliani made a claim about the Dominion machines being connected online (they weren't) to Germany.

Thought I'd nip this outrageous CT in the bud.

Snopes: Claim: A voting systems server seized by the U.S. military in Germany proved Donald Trump won the 2020 election in an electoral landslide.
Quote:
In mid-November 2020, while U.S. President Donald Trump was still contesting the outcome of a presidential election that every credible information source was projecting had been won by challenger Joe Biden, social media users began referencing a purported report from One America News Network (OANN) documenting that Trump had in fact scored a landslide 410-128 electoral vote win over Biden:
OANN, what a surprise.

I'm going to have to move this over to the CT subforum. Rudy's claims about a nationwide conspiracy are off the rails.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 02:52 PM   #766
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
OANN, what a surprise.
It gets funnier.......

YouTube has suspended the conservative news outlet One America News Network from posting new videos for a week and from making money off of its existing videos after it promoted a sham cure for Covid-19.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-cure-covid-19
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 05:22 PM   #767
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
It gets funnier.......

YouTube has suspended the conservative news outlet One America News Network from posting new videos for a week and from making money off of its existing videos after it promoted a sham cure for Covid-19.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-cure-covid-19
God damn anti-free speech Google; how dare they! Someone alert Greenwald/Tabbi/Nugent/Waters.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 05:30 PM   #768
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Seems silly to keep discussing the follies of Rudy in the politics threads. Here are my last two posts as I listen to the Gettysburg address of the crazies still trying to overturn the election:

The event isn't cancelled, just Trump's visit. It's on live now. Maybe Trump he would be bored sitting there all day.

Right now some election worker is going on and on about her bad experience with someone yelling at her.

I probably won't watch much.

RCP - live coverage.

The committee members that I can see are all wearing masks.

The next whiner is upset about the mail-in ballots because it was so confusing to her as an election worker.

It was ballot harvesting because some one was emptying a ballot drop box????

Trump is now on the phone with the same allegations the courts threw out. Everyone clapped for their hero.

[I took a break to play with my dog.]

Continuing with the 'live' broadcast of the Gettysburg meeting:

Giuliani made a claim about the Dominion machines being connected online (they weren't) to Germany.

Thought I'd nip this outrageous CT in the bud.

Snopes: Claim: A voting systems server seized by the U.S. military in Germany proved Donald Trump won the 2020 election in an electoral landslide.OANN, what a surprise.

I'm going to have to move this over to the CT subforum. Rudy's claims about a nationwide conspiracy are off the rails.
What is REALLY going on is that Rudy is trying hard to earn his $20K from Trump today. Because if he doesn't put in the hard yards while Donny watches on TV, Donny-baby will refuse to pay and cut him loose for the press and authorities sharks to consume whole.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 09:28 PM   #769
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Seems silly to keep discussing the follies of Rudy
I agree

Sid is about to release the Kraken, after all.

Maybe we ought to quit pretending with "She is crazy"

Last edited by Bubba; 25th November 2020 at 09:30 PM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 09:31 PM   #770
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
I agree

We will ...
as soon as she stops saying crazy things.
Old 25th November 2020, 09:38 PM   #771
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

No need to pretend she's crazy . . . She is crazy.

Kraken . . . bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th November 2020, 10:49 PM   #772
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Bubba? Who is Sidney Powell's client for whom she is lodging her appeal?

You keep forgetting to mention that.
Old 25th November 2020, 11:53 PM   #773
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I agree

There it is again, a claim of something coming in the future. You sure write that a lot.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 12:19 AM   #774
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Powell has posted her Georgia complaint.

It's a real KRAKEN.

Header: "IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICCT COURT, NORTHERN
DISTRCOICT OF GEORGIA, ATLANTA DIVISION" (sic)

And that's the best part of the thing.

If you have nothing better to do: https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-...11.25.2020.pdf

I skimmed it, and really, what she claims is that the GOP leadership in Georgia (including governor Kemp) mounted a real conspiracy the last two years to make Trump lose.
Here a real lawyer has posted some preliminary corrections: https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...46950350622720

Michigan KRAKEN posted too: https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-...-Complaint.pdf

Just for fun, page 15 of that complaint:
kraken.jpg

Some elite lawyer ...

Last edited by Firestone; 26th November 2020 at 12:36 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 01:28 AM   #775
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Powell has posted her Georgia complaint.

It's a real KRAKEN.

Header: "IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICCT COURT, NORTHERN
DISTRCOICT OF GEORGIA, ATLANTA DIVISION" (sic)

And that's the best part of the thing.

If you have nothing better to do: https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-...11.25.2020.pdf

I skimmed it, and really, what she claims is that the GOP leadership in Georgia (including governor Kemp) mounted a real conspiracy the last two years to make Trump lose.
Here a real lawyer has posted some preliminary corrections: https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...46950350622720

Michigan KRAKEN posted too: https://defendingtherepublic.org/wp-...-Complaint.pdf

Just for fun, page 15 of that complaint:
Attachment 43678

Some elite lawyer ...
You just can't get good paralegals these days!
► Evolution is "survival of the fittest" - the fittest being those who are stronger, healthier and better adapted. Covid-19 has changed that. The fittest are now the well informed, logical, science believers who listen to the experts and get vaccinated.
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 04:27 AM   #776
eerok
Quixoticist

What happened to "time will tell"?

I think it's pretty clear, though.
Old 26th November 2020, 04:50 AM   #777
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Apparently, time is subject to a media blackout too. It's not that time won't tell, it's that time can't tell.
Old 26th November 2020, 11:11 AM   #778
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by eerok View Post

There is plenty of time

Why Trump signed that pesky Executive Order 13848 :

Quote:
Though Eric Prince is believed to be the creator of President Trump’s secret intelligence organization, and its main recruiter of operatives like high-tech multi-millionaire Patrick Byrne, intelligence analysts say its operational leader is suspected to be General Michael Flynn, with other believed to be high-ranking members being Super Lawyers L. Lin Wood and Sidney Powell—all of whom during this election followed a strategy devised by reserve US Army intelligence officer Anthony “Tony” Shaffer—who on 6 November sent out the cryptic message: “A hypothetical question for all the Democrat trolls following my feed…What if DHS anticipated DNC counting fraud...What if they “tagged” each legitimate ballot....What would happen if DHS does an audit of all counted ballots and finds ballots without the tag – what happens then?”—that he followed with another cryptic message saying: “People don’t understand how light works…and what they don’t see can be seen in infrared and ultraviolet…we had a whole block of instruction at “the Farm” on secret writing…it is amazing”—and during an interview he gave in London during the middle of September-2019, saw him describing exactly how this election was going to be stolen.

With this election being so blatantly corrupt, it’s no surprise that a leftist poll found that 70% of Republicans don’t think the election was free and fair and a conservative poll found that 79% of Trump voters believe the election was stolen through illegal voting and fraud—both of which were joined by a neutral poll that found even 30% of Democrats believe the election was stolen from Trump—Democrats important to know about because 17% of them now say they would have voted for Trump if they had known about the Biden scandals censored by the media

And when viewing all of these true facts about the November 3rd election, sees them falling within the confines of the 12 September 2018 order signed by President Trump entitled Executive Order on Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election, that says: “I, DONALD J. TRUMP, President of the United States of America, find that the ability of persons located, in whole or in substantial part,find that the ability of persons located, in whole or in substantial part, outside the United States to interfere in or undermine public confidence in United States elections, including through the unauthorized accessing of election and campaign infrastructure or the covert distribution of propaganda and disinformation, constitutes an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States...I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with this threat”—whose most critical part to understand is the phrase “undermine public confidence in United States elections”, as this legal condition has now been more than met—and now the proverbial clock is ticking.

Under the order signed by President Trump declaring this election to be a national emergency, its conditions being met that the confidence in this election has been undermined means that “not later than 45 days” after the election an assessment of it has to be made—and “within 45 days of receiving the assessment”, another one will assess what will be done—a nebulous period of time in which anything can happen—though its time constraints are governed by the dates of 8 December, which is the deadline for resolving election disputes—14 December, when the electors meet in each State and cast their ballots for president and vice president—23 December, when the electors' ballots from all States must be received by the president of the Senate, but there is no penalty for missing this deadline—and—6 January, which is when the US Congress meets in joint session to count the electoral votes—all of which though can be exploded at any time—and is why, one presumes, the Congressional Research Service (CRS), that works exclusively for the United States Congress, just prior to the election, on 6 October 2020, updated the document Contingent Election of the President and Vice President by Congress: Perspectives and Contemporary Analysis—wherein it methodically details what is going to happen when President Trump blows this election up and throws it into the US Congress to decide the winner of—and though President Trump has the votes in what is called the Contingent Election he needs to win—no one can be really sure of what will happen.

- seen on FaceBook, original author unknown

Last edited by Bubba; 26th November 2020 at 11:14 AM.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 11:18 AM   #779
Bubba
Philosopher

How many of the states are "red" ??

During a contingent election in the House, each state's delegation casts one en bloc vote to determine the president, rather than a vote from each representative.
Old 26th November 2020, 11:21 AM   #780
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

you hate Democracy,

Got it.
Old 26th November 2020, 11:23 AM   #781
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

306 - 232.

Ovah!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 11:27 AM   #782
Bubba
Philosopher

Time will tell
Old 26th November 2020, 12:20 PM   #783
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Time will tell
Has told, and has tolled against ye.

Ovah!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 26th November 2020 at 12:45 PM.
Old 26th November 2020, 12:30 PM   #784
eerok
Quixoticist

You seem to think Trump can create a (false) distrust in the integrity of the election and then declare himself king. Good luck with that.
Old 26th November 2020, 12:31 PM   #785
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Never fear! According to a video that got recommended to my wife, Trump's Sooper Sekrit Plan will come to fruition any day now!
It's by has-been Dukes of Hazard actor John Schneider.
Old 26th November 2020, 02:24 PM   #786
gmanontario
Muse

So did all the evidence for a fixed election get lost in the mail?

Red Green
gmanontario is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 02:28 PM   #787
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by gmanontario View Post
So did all the evidence for a fixed election get lost in the mail?
I think the Trump campaign's latest theory is that the Democrats ran it through their magic vote counter and it came out proving the election was clean.

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 03:15 PM   #788
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Never fear! According to a video that got recommended to my wife, Trump's Sooper Sekrit Plan will come to fruition any day now!
It's by has-been Dukes of Hazard actor John Schneider.
His fight for freedom came with a price.
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 03:28 PM   #789
eerok
Quixoticist

Powell did her kraken stuff. I didn't know if she'd file or not, but apparently she did. And:

Twitter Blocks ‘Potentially Harmful’ Links to Sidney Powell Election Lawsuit [breitbart.com]
Quote:
Twitter is blocking users from sharing links to lawyer Sidney Powell’s lawsuit relating to widespread voter fraud in the 2020 Presidential election.
Sidney Powell Files Lawsuits Challenging Election Results in Georgia, Michigan [breitbart.com]

ETA: Ron Watkins ("son of Q") is named as a security expert.

Last edited by eerok; 26th November 2020 at 03:35 PM.
eerok is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 04:20 PM   #790
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Time will tell
It already has.

Your pain will be delicious.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 04:57 PM   #791
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Trump is believing in his fantasy again, that the election might really be overturned. He held a presser with questions. I have not heard it yet.

It's reported he said it's going to be hard to concede because of all the massive fraud.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 26th November 2020 at 04:59 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 05:21 PM   #792
dmaker
Graduate Poster

I heard it. It was the same old, same old. Bickering with reporters. Repeating the same nonsense over and over again.

I wish just for once, someone would follow up with a question asking him if he knows that it does not matter if he concedes or does not concede.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 26th November 2020, 05:27 PM   #793
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

Trump is believing in his fantasy again, that the election might really be overturned.
Trump may not really believe what he is saying in public. This article is 2 days old.

"Mar-A-Lago is getting a makeover as Secret Service agents asked about permanent transfers to Florida"
"Agents in the president's detail were reportedly asked whether they would move to the residence in Palm Beach, where renovations have started to take place in rooms that he and first lady Melania will live in."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1761051.html
Old 26th November 2020, 05:34 PM   #794
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Trump may not really believe what he is saying in public. This article is 2 days old.

"Mar-A-Lago is getting a makeover as Secret Service agents asked about permanent transfers to Florida"
"Agents in the president's detail were reportedly asked whether they would move to the residence in Palm Beach, where renovations have started to take place in rooms that he and first lady Melania will live in."

I thought it was already his official residence!

Meanwhile, here's a long and increasingly hilarious thread on The Kraken!
Old 26th November 2020, 05:38 PM   #795
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Question for any lawyers out there: Is left-and-right justification required on legal filings? Because it's causing Orly, ooops, I mean Sydney, all sorts of hilarious problems in her brief.
Old 26th November 2020, 05:42 PM   #796
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, and don't worry about all the misspellings and such. It's just a clever ploy to trick the libs into reading it and seeing how truthy it is!
Old 26th November 2020, 07:01 PM   #797
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

There is plenty of time

Executive Order on Imposing Certain Sanctions in the Event of Foreign Interference in a United States Election
https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...ates-election/

Bubba. You haven't read Executive Order 13848, remember?

The Democrats are not a foreign nation, are they?

What financial sanctions can the president impose on any particular Democrat from a foreign nation?

Old 26th November 2020, 07:11 PM   #798
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Let me guess, he's milking the taxpayers for said makeovers, any excuse will do like calling them security revisions. And he fully intends to charge the security detail for rooms and meals forever.
Old 26th November 2020, 07:14 PM   #799
Matthew Ellard
Illuminator

I thought it was already his official residence!
Mar a lago is his official residence. The point was Trump is having Mar a Lago renovated now so he can move into it in early next year, suggesting he doesn't think he will be in the Whitehouse.

It also makes you wonder if Melania Trump had any interior design input. Is she moving with him?
Old 26th November 2020, 07:34 PM   #800
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Mar a lago is his official residence. The point was Trump is having Mar a Lago renovated now so he can move into it in early next year, suggesting he doesn't think he will be in the Whitehouse.

It also makes you wonder if Melania Trump had any interior design input. Is she moving with him?
I would imagine neither Melania nor Trump will be living in NY for a while.

I do wonder about Jared and Ivanka though.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories