IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Andrew Cuomo , New York politics , politics scandals

Old 28th February 2021, 04:56 PM   #1
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Cuomo Scandal.

I won't include links becaust this sotry is all ovoer the place, pushing the CPAC confrenece off the lead news story place.
IMHO this should be investigated, and if guilty, Cuomo should be punished.
Sadly, too many Dems are making excuses for Cuomo, and playing the What About game by saying that Trump was worse.
That is true, but that does no excuse Cumomo if guilty. Between this and the Nursing Home
scandle I feel I have been sold a bill of goods on Cuomo as a great leader.
Same standards should apply across the board. TO have a double standard is the rankest hypocrisy.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2021, 05:30 PM   #2
dirtywick
Illuminator

I think thereís a circumstance when you should rationalize early pandemic decisions considering how chaotic things were at the time, but he should at least resign for covering up COVID deaths. Thatís pretty ******.

If this is about the sexual harassment stuff I havenít been following that.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2021, 05:35 PM   #3
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
TO have a double standard is the rankest hypocrisy.
Did Trump resign? If not then where is the 'double standard'?

Quote:
I feel I have been sold a bill of goods on Cuomo as a great leader.
Who was selling that?
Old 28th February 2021, 06:52 PM   #4
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Will he win a second Emmy award for his ability to lie about sexual harassment claims while on television?
Old 28th February 2021, 06:56 PM   #5
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Who was selling that?

He is the gold standard.
Old 28th February 2021, 08:24 PM   #6
angrysoba
Philosophile

Did Trump resign? If not then where is the 'double standard'?

Who was selling that?
LOL! Probably his brother on CNN.

This is one of the reasons why I can't watch CNN. I hate both of them, and it is really bad form for a news agency to allow a brother to interview the other and then do that fake ribbing about who mummy loved best.

Ridiculous.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2021, 08:26 PM   #7
Matthew Best
Philosopher

I just can't seem to get a handel on this scandle.
Matthew Best is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2021, 08:45 PM   #8
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

It will blow over like a scandle in the wind.
Old 28th February 2021, 09:00 PM   #9
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Wow. Cherry-picked off a comedy show from over a year ago, before Cuomo showed FAR more presidenting skillz than T****.

Doesn't mean Cuomo is pure as the driven snow. Just that he is actually competent at being a governor in a crisis.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th February 2021, 09:41 PM   #10
Mumbles
Philosopher

I won't include links becaust this sotry is all ovoer the place, pushing the CPAC confrenece off the lead news story place.
IMHO this should be investigated, and if guilty, Cuomo should be punished.
Sadly, too many Dems are making excuses for Cuomo, and playing the What About game by saying that Trump was worse.
That is true, but that does no excuse Cumomo if guilty. Between this and the Nursing Home
scandle I feel I have been sold a bill of goods on Cuomo as a great leader.
Same standards should apply across the board. TO have a double standard is the rankest hypocrisy.
You mean the guy that slashed public health spending leaving many communities completely unequipped to handle much of anything?

YEs, he gave better daily updates than Dolt 45 - and I'll even agree that he was giving what, as I recall, was the best known general info at the time, which is the actual bar, rather than the one set by Captain Bleachdrinker.

That's about all I'll give him. And yes, the harassment charges should be investigated - I haven't seen anyone go to bat for him, but I'll admit I know full well how his patronage schemes work, and not being in New York I don't know who in state/local politics is going to bat for him, so I'll take your word on it. But not many people are saints, and he was never one.

*shrugs*
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 01:39 AM   #11
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Wow. Cherry-picked off a comedy show from over a year ago, before Cuomo showed FAR more presidenting skillz than T****.

Doesn't mean Cuomo is pure as the driven snow. Just that he is actually competent at being a governor in a crisis.
Big call. Nearly 50,000 NYC residents died (oh, not counting the dead of covid aged care residents deliberately not counted).

He deserves to go right now.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 03:06 AM   #12
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

That right wing creeps are adored and worshipped by their flock doesn't give Democrats a pass, obviously.

This being said, I actually don't see Cuomo getting a pass.
The story was broken by the NYT, also reported by the WAPO. I've seen quite a number of New York State and New York City democrats in office calling for Cuomo's resignation or for a real investigation.

Remember when Fox broke a Trump scandal? When many Republicans called for Trump to resign or be investigated for it? Neither do I.

So yes, Cuomo should get no pass, but the Republicans and their apologists really should sit this one out.
Old 1st March 2021, 03:09 AM   #13
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
That right wing creeps are adored and worshipped by their flock doesn't give Democrats a pass, obviously.

The story was broken by the NYT, also reported by the WAPO. I've seen quite a number of New York State and New York City democrats in office calling for Cuomo's resignation or for a real investigation.

Remember when Fox broke a Trump scandal? When many Republicans called for Trump to resign or be investigated for it? Neither do I.

So yes, Cuomo should get no pass, but the Republicans and their apologists really should sit this one out.
Just for the record (again) Iím not a Republican nor a conservative. But Iím happy to call out bad behaviour on my side of the political spectrum.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 05:08 AM   #14
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Big call. Nearly 50,000 NYC residents died (oh, not counting the dead of covid aged care residents deliberately not counted).
At the time, nobody was doing it better. And he had an uphill battle with the T**** Team in DC as they deliberately failed to cooperate, and tried to undermine and sabotage any of Cuomo's efforts at every turn. Oh, they tried to pretend they were helping. But really they wanted him to fail, by hook or by crook.

Quote:
If he has done something worth being sacked for, sure. And if it was criminal, prosecute away. But before that, perhaps we might like to find out IF and WHY he did the nefarious things he is accused of.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 05:16 AM   #15
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Which scandal are you talking about? The allegations that he's sexually predatory or that he was cooking the books on covid deaths in his state?

Quote:
Cuomo stops short of apology over delay in data for nursing home coronavirus deaths
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...g-home-deaths/

Dude's a piece of ****, I still expect libs will circle the wagons around him.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 1st March 2021 at 05:17 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 05:35 AM   #16
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post

Yes he is. But the second part of your accusation seems to be basically what you want to happen rather than what is happening.
Old 1st March 2021, 05:36 AM   #17
Firestone

Which scandal are you talking about? The allegations that he's sexually predatory or that he was cooking the books on covid deaths in his state?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...g-home-deaths/

(bolding mine)

Or not, time will tell.

NY AG Letitia James:
Quote:
We expect to receive a referral with subpoena power to investigate allegations of sexual harassment against the governor, in line with our demands and New York state law.

The referral would be made solely to the attorney general's office.

his is not a responsibility we take lightly.

We will hire a law firm, deputize them as attorneys of our office, and oversee a rigorous and independent investigation.

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/s...68506568495106
NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand:
Quote:
The allegations of sexual harassment by Gov. Cuomo are serious and deeply concerning. As requested by @NewYorkStateAG, the matter should be referred to her office so that she can conduct a transparent, independent and thorough investigation with subpoena power.

https://twitter.com/gillibrandny/sta...33165400719377
NY Rep. Nadler:
Quote:
The recent allegations of sexual harassment against Governor Cuomo are deeply troubling and deserve a thorough investigation. It must be transparent, impartial, and above all else, independent. As has become standard pratice in the State of New York when allegations relate directly to the Executive, Governor Cuomo should refer the matter to the Attorney General, who should, in turn, appoint an independent investigator.

https://twitter.com/RepJerryNadler/s...56145693437953
And, least surprising obviously, NYC Mayor De Blasio:
Quote:
New Yorkers have seen detailed, documented accounts of sexual harassment, multiple instances of intimidation, and the admitted withholding of information on the deaths of over 15,000 people.
Questions of this magnitude cannot hang over the heads of New Yorkers as we fight off a pandemic and economic crisis. Itís clear what must now take place.

The State legislature must immediately revoke the Governorís emergency powers that overrule local control.

Two fully independent investigations must be held immediately into the deaths at nursing homes and the disturbing personal misconduct allegations. Precedence shows that investigations of the Governor must be completely independent of his office.

The investigation into nursing home deaths must be free to examine campaign contributions from the nursing home industry. And the investigation into sexual misconduct must be led by someone fully independent of the governor, not the former business partner of the Governorís top advisor.

https://twitter.com/NYCMayor/status/1366058421242515460

Last edited by Firestone; 1st March 2021 at 05:44 AM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 05:41 AM   #18
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Seems the accusations of sexual harassment have a lot more legs than the story of him deliberately concealing covid deaths in nursing facilities.

Honestly perplexed that Trump style covid-denialism isn't more of a scandal. Cuomo originally ordered that nursing homes accept covid positive patients during the earlier hospital capacity crisis, then seemed to be hiding the resulting boom of covid deaths in these facilities.

Quote:
About two weeks ago, the state’s attorney general, Letitia James, accused the Cuomo administration of severely undercounting those deaths connected to nursing homes. Hours later, the state updated those numbers, adding thousands of deaths to the official tally. Since then, a court order has resulted in more updates, further increasing the number of deaths.

Ms. James’s assertion of an undercount of total deaths of nursing home residents fueled accusations that the Cuomo administration may have artificially depressed the number of those deaths to try to deflect blame for a policy set early in the pandemic: sending nursing home residents who had been hospitalized with the coronavirus back to the nursing homes.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/15/n...ing-homes.html

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 1st March 2021 at 05:52 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 06:23 AM   #19
Wolrab
Illuminator

The guy has been corrupt since day one. He has shut down investigations once they got to close to him.

Remember when Trump assaulted all those women while in office? Me neither.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 06:54 AM   #20
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
Biden wasn't wrong. Cuomo does appear to be a better governor in the time period he successfully hid his scandals. That was the point of hiding them.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 01:00 PM   #21
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
LOL! Probably his brother on CNN.

This is one of the reasons why I can't watch CNN. I hate both of them, and it is really bad form for a news agency to allow a brother to interview the other and then do that fake ribbing about who mummy loved best.

Ridiculous.
I have to agree;they need to send the Cuomo who has a TV show on CNN on hiatus until the scandle is settled.
And I think that MSNBC loses a lot it's creditbiity by having a proven liar like Al Sharpton on.
I hate that all the news networks have become "Personality driven" rather then just give us the news.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 1st March 2021 at 01:12 PM.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 01:03 PM   #22
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

I am seeing Cuomo basically getting a pass on a lot of message boards, including the boards for the WAPO stories.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 1st March 2021, 01:06 PM   #23
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Wolrab View Post
The guy has been corrupt since day one. He has shut down investigations once they got to close to him.

Remember when Trump assaulted all those women while in office? Me neither.

What blatent hypocrisy given the many accusations about Trump's sexual antics.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 1st March 2021, 01:09 PM   #24
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by lionking View Post

It;s clear the nursing home situation was badly mismanged. Not sure you can blame him for the overall numbers; but for the nursing home fiasco, yes.
Aside from the Sexual misdeeds.
If the past four years have proven anything it's that charecter matters.
The whole "I think he is a scumbag and corrupt but I will support him because I like his policies" philosphy has been shown to be a very dangerous one.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 1st March 2021, 01:10 PM   #25
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

The Trumpers here are displaying total hypocrisy. I just hope the Dems don;t follow in their footsteps.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 1st March 2021, 01:15 PM   #26
wareyin
Philosopher

The Trumpers here are displaying total hypocrisy. I just hope the Dems don;t follow in their footsteps.
In other news, water is wet.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 02:17 PM   #27
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

No, the Dems will fall over backwards to excise even the slightest suggestion of impropriety until the public gets the impression they are just as bad or worse than Trump and co., then Republicans will clean up in the next election. Paradoxically, 'Progressives' will be pleased that they prevented the country from going further to the right, while Republicans will be pleased that it did.

IOW, business as usual for the partisans on both sides who are destroying America.
Old 1st March 2021, 04:44 PM   #28
angrysoba
Philosophile

I have to agree;they need to send the Cuomo who has a TV show on CNN on hiatus until the scandle is settled.
Heh heh! I'm sure you are doing this deliberately.

And I think that MSNBC loses a lot it's creditbiity by having a proven liar like Al Sharpton on.
I hate that all the news networks have become "Personality driven" rather then just give us the news.
I can't watch any cable news at all. They are all junk. Some are worse than others obviously (OANN, Newsmax, Fox etc...), but CNN and MSNBC have always been largely useless.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 05:27 PM   #29
Wolrab
Illuminator

What blatent hypocrisy given the many accusations about Trump's sexual antics.
A private citizen has a lot more leeway. Cuomo is a sitting governor. And a dirty sanctimonious bastard.
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 06:22 PM   #30
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

I haven't observed a single instance. Quite the opposite, as Firestone's sampling demonstrates. And I'm not surprised one bit.

That's a result of filtering things through an ideological bent.
Old 1st March 2021, 07:15 PM   #31
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

This is about 2024. The decks have to be cleared so Kamala can run. The nursing home saga has been known since last summer and was covered extensively in the Post, but the rest of the media ignored it as long as Cuomo served as a useful foil for the White House.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 07:22 PM   #32
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

If he's been doing the same touchy-feely-pervy-bonky stuff Trump boasted about and got away with, then there's the precedent: He can simply refer to Trump as the "gold standard" of "Gettin' Away With It!"
Old 1st March 2021, 07:30 PM   #33
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing

Seems the accusations of sexual harassment have a lot more legs than the story of him deliberately concealing covid deaths in nursing facilities.

Honestly perplexed that Trump style covid-denialism isn't more of a scandal. Cuomo originally ordered that nursing homes accept covid positive patients during the earlier hospital capacity crisis, then seemed to be hiding the resulting boom of covid deaths in these facilities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/15/n...ing-homes.html
I think a big part of the reason the nursing home stuff hasn't gained more traction is that some of it is given a pass as being an early call with little information that was already owned up to, and then categorization of deaths sounds like 'people who died in the hospital were counted as having died in the hospital'. It takes a little explaining as to why that's not a good thing to do with these deaths, then more explaining as to how it could be an intentional cover up.
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 08:19 PM   #34
Venom
Philosopher

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 10:03 PM   #35
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I haven't really been following this story. I didn't worship Cuomo during his Covic press conference days. I figure the guy whose state was doing by far the worst couldn't be doing everything right, although I also figured it has special circumstances of lots of people in close spaces and many, many travellers.

As for the sexual conduct, I haven't paid attention to details. It sounds like he was, at best, creepy, and might have gone over the line into criminal or civil violations. However, the reason I'm posting is a headline caught my eye, and I read the accompanying story.

Here's the link to the story. The headline is in the link, it's about Cuomo making an unwanted advance on a woman at a wedding.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/gov-cu...es-at-wedding/

Part of the story was:

Quote:
“He said, ‘Can I kiss you?'” Ruch recalled. “I was so confused and shocked and embarrassed.”

So, here's the part I don't get.

How do you know an advance is unwanted unless you make an advance?

I get that the way it was described makes Cuomo look pretty creepy. No doubt about that. But creepy isn't criminal, and it isn't even "inappropriate"., to use that famous word that is meant to cover everything these days. It's just creepy. It's awkward. It's pushy. It creates tension, except when it works.

He made a move on her. She turned him down. Why are we reading this? I've made moves on girls that went nowhere. Girls have made moves on me that didn't end the way they wanted. I'm guessing that Cuomo has both intiiated more moves and received more than I ever did, but it happens to all of us. It's not headline worthy.

I can assure you that even in my younger days I would never have behaved like Cuomo is described as behaving. I can also assure you that I spent a lot of nights alone that, retroactively, I can see I did not need to spend alone.

So, even in the workplace, there are certain things that ought to be off limits, but just making a pass at someone really ought not to be a firing offense, much less the cause of a lawsuit or civil damages. Making two passes, after the first one is rebuffed? That ought to be a firing offense. Weinstein level threats? Really bad. However, men and women acting like men and women shouldn't be some reason that someone needs to lose a job.

As for the workplace accusations and Governor Cuomo, as I said, I'm not sure of the details of the allegations. I do think that sexual harassment in the workplace is a problem, but I don't subscribe to the theory that every sexual advance is an offense, even if there's some sort of power imbalance involved. Unwanted sexual advances are an offense, but how do you know they are unwanted the first time you make an advance?

Last edited by Meadmaker; 1st March 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st March 2021, 10:09 PM   #36
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
I'm sufficiently behind on the story that it was almost a minute in that I realized it was a parody, and I still don't know exactly how much of it was made up completely.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:05 AM   #37
Firestone

The simple reality is that there are credible allegations about Cuomo, and that elected Democratic politicians in New York City/State are NOT giving him a mulligan.

That reality seems disturbing, even incomprehensible, to some people on the left and on the right, but hey, "it is what it is", as another known sexual predator once said.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:12 AM   #38
dirtywick
Illuminator

Basically everyone he interacts with in the workplace is a subordinate.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:13 AM   #39
mumblethrax
Species traitor

He’s probably doomed. His leadership style (berating anyone who disagrees with him) ensures that people will turn on him if they sense weakness.
mumblethrax is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd March 2021, 03:22 AM   #40
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

No, the Dems will fall over backwards to excise even the slightest suggestion of impropriety until the public gets the impression they are just as bad or worse than Trump and co., then Republicans will clean up in the next election. Paradoxically, 'Progressives' will be pleased that they prevented the country from going further to the right, while Republicans will be pleased that it did.

IOW, business as usual for the partisans on both sides who are destroying America.
I think you are quite right - hear a complaint about one politician and some “action” was taken, hear a complaint about another politician and some action was taken. And that shows both sides are the same….

Oh did we forget to mention the first politician shot a kid on 5th Avenue because the kid looked foreign, and the other politician got a speeding ticket for being 1mph over 55 on the highway?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics