IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th March 2021, 05:41 AM   #41
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by dann View Post
I guess they could announce Stephanie Clifford as the guest speaker at the event. That gives them the option to point out that they were misinterpreted:
They never claimed that The Storm was coming. They have been talking about Stormy the whole time!
I read that as "Stormzy" and was trying to imagine Trumpkins listening to Gang Signs & Prayer...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2021, 05:46 AM   #42
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I just drove past a house alongside a highway near Castle Rock Washington They still have a Trump sign and the GOP losing candidate for Governor as well as a sign that says Biden isn't the President.
We really need to address the issue of mental illness in the United States.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2021, 07:33 AM   #43
Ron Obvious
Muse

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I just drove past a house alongside a highway near Castle Rock Washington They still have a Trump sign and the GOP losing candidate for Governor as well as a sign that says Biden isn't the President.
Not just there. I've been on the road for about a week in WA, OR, CA, and AZ, and as soon as you get outside the cities, you'll see plenty of Trump signs and barns painted with Trump imagery. It's a starker divide than I've ever seen before.

A civil war of the countryside versus the cities would be a logistical nightmare, one assumes. I prefer neat battle lines myself.
Old 10th March 2021, 03:24 PM   #44
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ron Obvious View Post
Not just there. I've been on the road for about a week in WA, OR, CA, and AZ, and as soon as you get outside the cities, you'll see plenty of Trump signs and barns painted with Trump imagery. It's a starker divide than I've ever seen before.

A civil war of the countryside versus the cities would be a logistical nightmare, one assumes. I prefer neat battle lines myself.
I'm almost always on the road. Mostly in rural Oregon and Washington and yes you still do see Trump signs but I see a hell of a lot less than I use to. The road this house and barn were on probably had 30 of them in October. On that drive, that yard was the only one I saw and I was looking for them. I did see this old guy at the Dollar store driving a truck plastered with Trump sign and wearing a MAGA hat.
Old 12th March 2021, 09:24 PM   #45
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Here in Coos (Oregon) I came out of Micky D's just a couple weeks ago to find a dad fixing Trump placards (bumper sticker size, but longer) inside his sedan rear side windows. He already had the rear and a US flag attached and flapping.
They were all 2020 so I asked why. He said 2024. I presume he's got those on order.
Anyway... he said T would win in 2024, I said he wouldn't.
And I drove away.
We get a few side of the main drag "rallys" still (10-20 folk hollering at traffic at stop lights) but not a lot of the signage or cars done up. He was a true believer.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th March 2021, 09:00 AM   #46
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

I think Republicans slowly accept the Biden presidency now. Or at least around here.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics