IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2024 elections , donald trump , political predictions , political speculation , vice presidential choices

View Poll Results: Trump's 2024 Running Mate
One of his spawn, or spawns in law. He could go to Jared! 7 18.92%
Rudy, Rudy, Rudy. Or Rudy's son. 0 0%
My Pillow guy 2 5.41%
Fox News Moron -- Tucker, Hannity, Judge Jeanine 8 21.62%
Wingnut female congresscritter -- Greene, Bobert, etc 12 32.43%
Jerry Falwell Jr. Or maybe the pool boy. 0 0%
Cheney. Dick, not Liz 0 0%
Even on Planet X there's no way it would be Pence 8 21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th May 2021, 10:29 AM   #1
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Trump's 2024 Running Mate?

Not a really serious poll. Just assume for a moment that he runs and gets nominated. Who will it be?
Old 7th May 2021, 10:43 AM   #2
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

I'm torn.

Part of me thinks someone like Trump would not select a running mate that has their own independent clout with the freakish Fox News types. The nice thing about Pence was that he was such a loser, he really didn't hog much of the limelight. Probably not the same with someone like Tucker Carlson or MTG.

I vote for MTG or Greene or someone similar.
Old 7th May 2021, 10:47 AM   #3
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

A 300 pound chunk of ****, just like him.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2021, 10:54 AM   #4
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump will run with himself as Running Mate, as well as his greatest opponent.
Old 7th May 2021, 11:10 AM   #5
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

I went with "Wingnut female congresscritter".

Even though he is a moron, he might think "a female might bring in voters turned off by my sexism", and there are a few with enough reputation as boot-lickers for his purposes.

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2021, 12:01 PM   #6
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

You're behind the times! It's already been decided. Donald shown below with his 2024 running mate:

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2021, 12:36 PM   #7
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Jeffrey Epstein - Trump faked his death for just this purpose.
Old 8th May 2021, 03:37 AM   #8
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

No Ted Cruz option?

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2021, 03:52 AM   #9
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
No Ted Cruz option?
Indeed. I'm not sure Trump would have much interest in sharing the spotlight with another figure that caters to the extreme right of the party. He's already got that base covered. Pence was selected to appeal to the more evangelical, traditional Republicans that might have been skeptical of a Trump figure in those early days (how quaint).

Is there even a point is trying to appeal to non-MAGA republicans anymore? Do they even exist? The 4 years of Trump was a giant loyalty test to these freaks, and anyone even vaguely squishy on their Trump worship was run out of the party. Still, there could be some value in picking a running mate this is only MAGA-lite rather than full on crazy.
Old 8th May 2021, 05:02 AM   #10
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

The Trumps have been a "family" business for generations, so it will be one of his kids. It also helps that they are already entirely dependent on him, and trained to to the proper standard of obsequiousness. No risk of a Pence-like devotion to duty at a critical time like Jan 6th with that lot.

The question is, does he go for the Hot Blonde Ivanka option, which gives him that "I'm not a sexist!" vibe, but includes the risk that some people actually like her for herself, or does he go with the Eric "Too stupid to be an asset, but also too stupid and unpopular to be a threat" option?

Don, Jr is out of the running because what kind of a person would try to horn in on Don, Sr's name recognition like that? Greedy little twat!
Old 8th May 2021, 02:24 PM   #11
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Trump will see himself wittering on TV in a flashback and think "I like THAT guy! He thinks like me! He can be my Veep."
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th May 2021, 06:01 PM   #12
angrysoba
Philosophile

Dmitry Medvedev would be perfect.
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 02:25 AM   #13
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I think David Duke is available.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 06:52 AM   #14
Geezer
Thinker

I would like to think that his running mate would be who ever he is sharing cell with when they make the escape attempt.
Geezer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 02:21 PM   #15
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

$2 on Ivanka. Then a couple years into the term, Trump pere resigns, making a Trump the first woman President.

Try telling me just entertaining the thought of that wouldn’t send him into orgasmic paroxysms.
Old 9th May 2021, 02:27 PM   #16
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
I would like to think that his running mate would be who ever he is sharing cell with when they make the escape attempt.
Donny would promise him $150K and a presidential pardon to be carried piggyback during the escape. Donny can't run, you see. Then Donny would totally renege on the offer and claim he never knew him, whether the escape was successful or not. (It wouldn't be. Everything T**** touches turns to ****.)
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 06:40 PM   #17
Venom
Philosopher

Ron DeSantis
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 07:19 PM   #18
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
$2 on Ivanka. Then a couple years into the term, Trump pere resigns, making a Trump the first woman President.

Try telling me just entertaining the thought of that wouldn’t send him into orgasmic paroxysms.
Then on her birthday, a now senile Donald Trump dressed as Marilyn Monroe, broadcast live on Newsmax sings, "Happy Biiiiiiirthday Mrs President...."
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 07:41 PM   #19
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

I could see his running mate as a bucket of fried chicken, or maybe a bag of coke.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 08:24 PM   #20
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foster Zygote View Post
I could see his running mate as a bucket of fried chicken, or maybe a bag of coke.
Bucket of fried diet coke!
Old 9th May 2021, 08:38 PM   #21
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Hairdye Dickpills
Old 9th May 2021, 08:41 PM   #22
crescent
Illuminator

Flynn. Trump likes that military association.
crescent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 11:00 PM   #23
Apathia
Philosopher

Trump will pick whoever is publicly fawning over him at that time and comes recommended by his adoring fans. It will most likely be someone new on the scene.

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2021, 11:18 PM   #24
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
Trump will pick whoever is publicly fawning over him at that time and comes recommended by his adoring fans. It will most likely be someone new on the scene.
MTG? De Santis?
Old 10th May 2021, 01:28 AM   #25
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

Does Boris Johnson still have his dual UK/US nationality?

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2021, 02:38 AM   #26
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
You are evil.
Old 10th May 2021, 02:46 AM   #27
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Wing-nut female representative to be named later.

With a climate like the one we are seeing right now, we can be sure that next year’s elections are going to produce a record-breaking harvest of nuts.
Old 10th May 2021, 03:19 AM   #28
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
You are evil.
But lovable, don't forget lovable...

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2021, 05:52 PM   #29
TheSupermeerkat
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
No, he does not. The messy haired, lying, adulterous twat turned it in a while back.

Last edited by TheSupermeerkat; 10th May 2021 at 05:54 PM.
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2021, 05:57 PM   #30
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
No, he does not. The messy haired, lying, adulterous twat turned it in a while back.
Well, that's at least one good piece of good news.
Old 11th May 2021, 05:27 AM   #31
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by TheSupermeerkat View Post
But does the US government recognize that or could he reclaim it?
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 06:17 AM   #32
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
But does the US government recognize that or could he reclaim it?
It does. It was part of a deal that enabled Boris Johnson to avoid US taxes.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 12:22 PM   #33
Galaxie
Muse

I think wingnut female congress-critter.

DeSantis will want to run on his own. He's "popular" enough that all he has to do is declare before Trump and brand himself as the Trump candidate. If Trump is not on Twitter/Facebook, DeSantis' voice can drown him out.
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 05:06 PM   #34
Venom
Philosopher

DeSantis is famous nationwide among conservatives. He's actually gotten **** done, for better or for worse, while touting Trump.

I think he could probably run for himself, though he'd probably be a shoo-in for VP imo.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th May 2021, 03:11 PM   #35
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

I think that 'Serpentor' would be the ideal choice.

He was that one guy from the old 'GI Joe' cartoon who had DNA from Atillia the Hun, Julius Caesar, Napoleon, and so on.

Maybe he would be interested in the job.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.

Last edited by Crossbow; 13th May 2021 at 03:14 PM. Reason: New Data Found
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2021, 02:43 PM   #36
Lennart Hyland
Muse

You mean his cell mate?

Unfortunately the 911truth movement web site does not allow any opinions contrary to their own, or I would have presented my views. David Scott - CTBUH Chairman
Lennart Hyland is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th May 2021, 04:45 PM   #37
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
DeSantis is famous nationwide among conservatives. He's actually gotten **** done, for better or for worse, while touting Trump.

I think he could probably run for himself, though he'd probably be a shoo-in for VP imo.

Yep. Lots of people sick with coronavirus who then took it home to friends and relatives after Spring Break for one.
Old 14th May 2021, 05:29 PM   #38
TJM
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

I haven't paying attention to the cheeto so I'm not sure, though it seems to me Lindsey Graham currently has his nose the furthest up T****'s anus so I'd say he's the current front-runner based on that qualification alone.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics