IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Erwin Saunders

Old 27th May 2021, 11:13 PM   #1
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Pixies and Faeries Are Real!

I've only just come across a charming little channel about little mythical creatures. The CGI is very well done, and, as most commenters state, one is so at ease with this old gentleman and his odd ways that who cares about real or not. Wonderful escape from today's other kinds of madness. Subscribed!

See 03:54 for fun.
Old 28th May 2021, 02:07 AM   #2
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Utterly charming!
Old 28th May 2021, 02:31 AM   #3
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
I've only just come across a charming little channel about little mythical creatures. The CGI is very well done, and, as most commenters state, one is so at ease with this old gentleman and his odd ways that who cares about real or not. Wonderful escape from today's other kinds of madness. Subscribed!

See 03:54 for fun.
Obviously fake - if it was real it would be all blurry, camera would be shaking and he’d be telling us he would be putting up a better video in 2 weeks time…..
Old 28th May 2021, 04:02 AM   #4
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Obviously fake - if it was real it would be all blurry, camera would be shaking and he’d be telling us he would be putting up a better video in 2 weeks time…..
Sure enough. Pretty sure this gentlemen worked on CGI for LOTR and other films under another name, and is just managing to pull off his sweet and dotardly routine for this channel. Nice woods, too!
Old 28th May 2021, 04:05 AM   #5
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Sure enough. Pretty sure this gentlemen worked on CGI for LOTR and other films under another name, and is just managing to pull off his sweet and dotardly routine for this channel. Nice woods, too!
Was thinking of the best why to describe it and then I read Bluesjnr comment and that is so true “utterly charming”.
Old 28th May 2021, 04:07 PM   #6
deadrose
Illuminator

There seems to be a whole subreddit devoted to figuring out the clues and locations of the videos.
deadrose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2021, 05:11 PM   #7
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

One of them features a stone circle, can't be that hard to track down.
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2021, 05:16 PM   #8
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Erwin Saunders is just wonderful. A great reason to go out and explore the forest and have some fun.

He stopped posting for about a year, but a few months ago he posted a mysterious video with cryptic text on a mile stone and some puzzling clues that people worked out was an announcement that he was coming back. Reminds me of Kitt Williams.
Old 28th May 2021, 05:25 PM   #9
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Just watch out for the Pictsies!
Old 28th May 2021, 05:34 PM   #10
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Beware the Nac Mac Feegle
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th May 2021, 10:03 PM   #11
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Beware the Nac Mac Feegle
I believe I said that!
Old 30th May 2021, 09:42 AM   #12
jnelso99
Muse

ParaBreakdown channel explains...
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2021, 01:33 PM   #13
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Spoilsport!
Old 31st May 2021, 09:25 AM   #14
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
I believe I said that!
Potential snail husbandry as well.
I'm convinced.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2021, 09:26 AM   #15
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
I AGREE
Shhh! Think of the children reading this thread!
Old 31st May 2021, 10:25 AM   #16
jnelso99
Muse

I hate children.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2021, 04:36 PM   #17
Apathia
Philosopher

Think of the Pixies reading this thread!
How are they ever going to believe in themselves now?

"Humans aren't rational creatures but rationalizing creatures."
Author Unknown
Apathia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2021, 08:05 PM   #18
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by Apathia View Post
Think of the Pixies reading this thread!
How are they ever going to believe in themselves now?
Not to mention, accept bribes.
Old 11th June 2021, 11:23 PM   #19
Warp12
Graduate Poster

The acting is wonderful, imo. Very relaxed and authentic.
Warp12 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2021, 04:31 PM   #20
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Shades of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and his book that "proved" faeries and pixies existed....

I think they made a movie a few years ago about that sad incident to Conan Doyle's life.
His conversion in the last decade of his life to spritualism and all kind of mystic crap (caused by the death of his son in World War One) is tragic for people like me who are huge Sherlock Holmes fans.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th July 2021, 11:52 AM   #21
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

I might actually buy one of his T-shirts. Capitalism, in the woods, with faeries.

New vid up; new "sightings".
I AGREE
Old 8th September 2021, 09:48 AM   #22
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Latest one is absolutely hilarious, with a nod to slapstick.
I AGREE
Old 8th September 2021, 04:32 PM   #23
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Latest one is absolutely hilarious, with a nod to slapstick.
I AGREE
Poor Tom. Whatever has he gotten himself into?

I hope Erwin does more videos walking around looking for pixie clues. I think my favorite video is him walking amongst the bluebells repeatedly finding nothing. Anyone who has gone hunting for morels knows that feeling. Sometimes the magic is in enjoying the woods and looking at things carefully and the possibilities of what might be there.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal