IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , vaccinations

View Poll Results: COVID 19 Vaccination status
Yes, I am fully vaccinated. 86 83.50%
I have received 1 vaccination shot 12 11.65%
No, I intend to but haven't got around to it. 4 3.88%
No, There are personal medical reasons that I should not receive the vaccine 0 0%
No, COVID is a hoax. The vaccine is part of some Communist plot. 1 0.97%
No, God will protect me. You cannot trust science. 0 0%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th July 2021, 05:57 PM   #1
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Update COVID 19 Vaccination status.

Realizing that people's status may have changed I thought a second poll would be appropriate.

Last edited by acbytesla; 18th July 2021 at 06:07 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2021, 08:19 PM   #2
pzkpfw
Student

I kind of need to vote "No, I intend to ..." but don't like "... but haven't got around to it.".

In my country my "group" (age etc) simply hasn't gotten the call-up yet.

There's no "No, ..." in the survey without negative connotations, except for the "personal medical reasons" one.

Beer!

(In the previous poll I voted "I have received 1 vaccination shot" which was a lie but seemed the better answer.)

Last edited by pzkpfw; 18th July 2021 at 08:21 PM.
pzkpfw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2021, 08:28 PM   #3
Cain
Straussian

I have been fully micro-chipped since May.
Diablo: You're a lousy bigot. Apologise and withdraw that remark.
Cain: Nah.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2021, 08:30 PM   #4
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
I kind of need to vote "No, I intend to ..." but don't like "... but haven't got around to it.".

There's no "No, ..." in the survey without negative connotations, except for the "personal medical reasons" one.

Beer!

(In the previous poll I voted "I have received 1 vaccination shot" which was a lie but seemed the better answer.)
That's a fair answer. What country is that?
Old 18th July 2021, 08:33 PM   #5
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I have been fully micro-chipped since May.
There you go. What information does this give the FEDS that they don't have already?
Old 18th July 2021, 08:33 PM   #6
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Beer!

I think "I intend to" fits the bill for you. We can ignore the "didn't get around to it".
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2021, 08:39 PM   #7
pzkpfw
Student

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
That's a fair answer. What country is that?
New Zealand.

(We've done a pretty good job of managing Covid so far (certain vocal members do not speak for us all :-) ); but I get a bit worried that slow vaccination rates may mean we get a bit left behind among our peers. Dunno. My age group is supposed to get called up at the end of July - so "soon", and I will get jabbed.)
pzkpfw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2021, 09:01 PM   #8
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

New Zealand.

(We've done a pretty good job of managing Covid so far (certain vocal members do not speak for us all :-) ); but I get a bit worried that slow vaccination rates may mean we get a bit left behind among our peers. Dunno. My age group is supposed to get called up at the end of July - so "soon", and I will get jabbed.)
I've read that New Zealand has done a great job. I bet you don't have an entire political strata encouraging people not to get vaccinated. Something I never thought I'd see in the US.
Old 18th July 2021, 10:13 PM   #9
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I've ticked fully vaccinated, which will be the case in 16 hours time, when we get our second dose.

My age group is supposed to get called up at the end of July - so "soon", and I will get jabbed.)
It's really patchy, so don't hold your breath. Several places are vaccinating Group 4 already, while a friend of mine in Wgtn who's solidly in Group 2 hasn't heard a word.

I've read that New Zealand has done a great job. I bet you don't have an entire political strata encouraging people not to get vaccinated. Something I never thought I'd see in the US.
Not only that, the gov't did get on the bandwagon early with TV ads encouraging people to get vaccinated.

There is only one far-right fringe political party of extremely minor numbers that's at all antivax. The gov't is taking a bit of stick for the slow roll out, but not very widely concerning when we haven't had a community case for about 130 days.
Old 18th July 2021, 11:33 PM   #10
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
I'm waiting for my second shot, which I will be getting in two weeks. Two weeks real-time that is, not two weeks Trump-time.
Old 19th July 2021, 10:06 AM   #11
CORed
Penultimate Amazing

There you go. What information does this give the FEDS that they don't have already?
Don't you see? The government engineered the entire pandemic and vaccine rollout so they could track the 500 people in the country who don't have smartphones. Wake up, sheeple!
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2021, 10:24 AM   #12
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Don't you see? The government engineered the entire pandemic and vaccine rollout so they could track the 500 people in the country who don't have smartphones. Wake up, sheeple!
They got me now. Whooops.
Old 19th July 2021, 06:08 PM   #13
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

All done, by another very pleasant nurse.

I did get a chuckle out of this sign in the post-vaccine waiting area:

Old 19th July 2021, 06:12 PM   #14
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Been a month since I have been vaccinated. Wonder if the mind control chips have kicked in by now.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2021, 07:58 PM   #15
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Been a month since I have been vaccinated. Wonder if the mind control chips have kicked in by now.

<Checks screen>

Yep, you and Cain just came online a few hours ago!
Old 19th July 2021, 08:19 PM   #16
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

I'll hold off on answering the poll until next week. I get my Pfirst Pfizer this Pfriday.
Old 19th July 2021, 08:29 PM   #17
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
All done, by another very pleasant nurse.

I did get a chuckle out of this sign in the post-vaccine waiting area:

Why?

It's just something to do while you wait before you leave.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th July 2021, 09:57 PM   #18
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
<Checks screen>

Yep, you and Cain just came online a few hours ago!
The govt. is stupid and wasteful that they're giving people TWO microchips.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2021, 03:13 AM   #19
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Why?
The 5G conspiracy.
Old 20th July 2021, 05:30 AM   #20
Doubt
Philosopher

Vaxed as soon as I could. Was considered fully vaccinated two days after mother's day. Had to travel through the whole pandemic for work. 2 out of 8 people doing my job did catch it. The 73 year old did okay. The 33 year old had breathing problems for a couple of months afterwards. I was not going to take the risk of ending up on the wrong end of this.
Old 20th July 2021, 05:48 AM   #21
catsmate
No longer the 1

The 5G conspiracy.
But WiFi and 5G are completely different conspiracies........
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2021, 07:31 AM   #22
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Had my second shot Sunday (Pfizer) and the only side effect was that my magnetic field increased with a few Mega-Tesla. I feel so attractive.
Old 20th July 2021, 08:30 AM   #23
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I am fully vaccinated for two months. There have been no mind control effects. Nancy Pelosi will save our country. Read about it in the Washington Post. Racist Republicans are responsible for the deaths of thousands of baby ducks.
Old 20th July 2021, 11:13 AM   #24
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

I'm pleased to report that the entire population of Tokelau has received their first dose of Pfizer.

NZ is giving the world two lessons right now:

1 - how to keep Covid out of the country
2 - how to ensure poor nations get vaccines
Old 20th July 2021, 12:43 PM   #25
Cain
Straussian

Have fun beta-testing the vaccine. I'll rely on established, non-invasive medical treatment, like a double-lung transplant.
Old 20th July 2021, 01:40 PM   #26
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Have fun beta-testing the vaccine. I'll rely on established, non-invasive medical treatment, like a double-lung transplant.
I hear intubation is also fun.
Old 20th July 2021, 05:10 PM   #27
Nosi
Master Poster

I got vaccinated because Arizona's rates are sky-high, and I have a plethora of comorbidities that would kill me if I caught Covid.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2021, 05:30 PM   #28
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nosi View Post
I got vaccinated because Arizona's rates are sky-high, and I have a plethora of comorbidities that would kill me if I caught Covid.
Yeah, those incidentals doesn't make it smart to avoid the vaccination.
Old 20th July 2021, 05:34 PM   #29
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Nosi View Post
What rate in Arizona seems sky-high to you?

BTW people should get vaccinated no matter what the current rate is.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2021, 05:55 PM   #30
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

I'm pleased to report that the entire population of Tokelau has received their first dose of Pfizer.

NZ is giving the world two lessons right now:

1 - how to keep Covid out of the country
2 - how to ensure poor nations get vaccines
Good work, Tokelau! And good work, Aotearoa, for enabling it.
Old 20th July 2021, 08:44 PM   #31
Nosi
Master Poster

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
What rate in Arizona seems sky-high to you?

BTW people should get vaccinated no matter what the current rate is.
Arizona may have gone blue for Biden, but don't mistake it for anything but a red state. Our governor was never behind lockdown and opened just as fast as he could, to hell with what's going on with Covid. Covid rates are very high here, and climbing fast thanks to our anti-vax population.

Hiding from the
Nosi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 02:10 AM   #32
Graham2001
Graduate Poster

Just had my first dose. Was advised to wait one day before attempting to book the second dose.

Everybody gets it wrong sometimes...
Graham2001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 02:31 AM   #33
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Want to be vaxed, but still not to my age group. Nationally the age for the jab is 40, but my village is at 50 still. Even if it were 40, I'm 39 so I'd have to wait a little while more, anyway.
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:49 AM   #34
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Graham2001 View Post
Just had my first dose. Was advised to wait one day before attempting to book the second dose.
Any idea why? And why use the word "attempting", is the booking process likely to fail where you are?

The booking process was broken in my area where it first rolled out, mostly due to bad explanation of how to use the process. Also, inconsistent booking interfaces across the country and even within each state.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:49 AM   #35
8enotto
Master Poster

This poll on this forum is funny. One would have to be an idiot to answer anything but yes I have, or I will when I can.

That aside, the process in Mexico has gone well so far with all but the youngest having a good chance at getting a the vaccine.
And that is possible with a fistful of pesos too.

It surprised me how much they got done as disorganized as everyone says it was.

All in all effective as far as quickly planned gov programs can go.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 08:53 AM   #36
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

There needs to be "I'm fully vaccinated and would happily get more shots if there was a reason to think it would help and I could" option
Old 22nd July 2021, 09:06 AM   #37
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Graham2001 View Post
I never had an appointment for either dose. Just walked in 20 days apart at two different Walmart pharmacies 300 miles apart.

I did a check at at probably a dozen pharmacies. Every single one was willing to give me the vaccination as a walk-in. But the second one is a little trickier because it should be the same manufacturer as the first. I got the Pfizer vaccine. I was lucky when I received the second dose as that was their last Pfizer vaccine dose.
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:43 AM   #38
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by 8enotto View Post
This poll on this forum is funny. One would have to be an idiot to answer anything but yes I have, or I will when I can.

That aside, the process in Mexico has gone well so far with all but the youngest having a good chance at getting a the vaccine.
And that is possible with a fistful of pesos too.

It surprised me how much they got done as disorganized as everyone says it was.

All in all effective as far as quickly planned gov programs can go.
I might have to go North to Mexico to get the jab, depending. We did just recieve another 4.5 million doses from the US, so I am hopeful. If no luck, a 3 day journey to Mexico it is.
Old 22nd July 2021, 11:58 AM   #39
cullennz
Suspended

I've ticked fully vaccinated, which will be the case in 16 hours time, when we get our second dose.

It's really patchy, so don't hold your breath. Several places are vaccinating Group 4 already, while a friend of mine in Wgtn who's solidly in Group 2 hasn't heard a word.

Not only that, the gov't did get on the bandwagon early with TV ads encouraging people to get vaccinated.

There is only one far-right fringe political party of extremely minor numbers that's at all antivax. The gov't is taking a bit of stick for the slow roll out, but not very widely concerning when we haven't had a community case for about 130 days.
That sounds lovely TA, but face it, we are second worst for vaccination in the civilised world. I have no idea when I qualify and frankly our govt has been absolutely **** at the roll out.

First in the queue my ****
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2021, 12:04 PM   #40
plague311
Great minds think...

I was stuck between "Yes I am vaccinated" and "I have received 1 shot".

I am fully vaccinated but I only received 1 shot. J&J Club, son!

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events