IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th July 2021, 01:54 AM   #81
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
But, but ... The Beatles! THE BEATLES!!!
My mum used to go on about them.

Tend to be a once you have seen one UK boy band you have seen them ll type.

Guessing they were no Boyzone though.
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2021, 02:13 AM   #82
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by cullennz View Post
My mum used to go on about them.

Tend to be a once you have seen one UK boy band you have seen them ll type.

Guessing they were no Boyzone though.
Feh, youngsters!

Mind you, I remember being asked by some youngling in the early '70s, "You're old enough to remember them. What were the Beatles really like?"

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2021, 02:38 AM   #83
cullennz
Suspended

Originally Posted by SteveAitch View Post
Feh, youngsters!

Mind you, I remember being asked by some youngling in the early '70s, "You're old enough to remember them. What were the Beatles really like?"
Lol

Sorry. Had to put it out there. Usually gets one or two annoyed.
cullennz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2021, 05:48 PM   #84
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Just think how much fun you would be having if St Aines had been the winning name!
Fun? What's that?

I used to play in a school band and the one Beatles song we ever attempted was Being for the Benefit of Mr Kite.*

Delusions of pretentious adequacy.

* I used to fly kites and knew (online) a bloke from California called Steve Hall. He looks / looked like you!
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th July 2021, 07:10 PM   #85
The Common Potato
Critical Thinker

Just think how much fun you would be having if St Aines had been the winning name!
RIP, eh: https://youtu.be/pN69GC2amTg
The Common Potato is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2021, 07:46 AM   #86
Francesca R
Girl

Liverpool’s waterfront has been a bit of a monstrosity for quite a few years. The Everton stadium will probably work the same magic on that part of it that the Olympic/West Ham stadium has in converting the particular Stratford/Bow part of London from blighted urban desert into much more expensive blighted urban desert.

But since you only get to see the overall cityscape from the Wirral side of the Mersey it should probably have been Birkenhead that was awarded the world heritage gong in the first place, and then stripped of it. In Liverpool itself it looks pretty much OK.
Francesca R is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events