IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 31st August 2019, 11:00 AM   #41
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Twice. Like my own parents, they just did it twice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Mine never did it. My mom conceived twice through Immaculate Conception. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 12:25 PM   #42
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Well we know how they reacted when he had the audacity to wear a Tan suit, so....
Originally Posted by timhau View Post
... like when he wore a tan suit.
Tan Suit Gate was in the news cycle for at least two days.

Meanwhile, Trump does crap like this on pretty much a daily basis and it’s glossed over and forgotten about by the next day.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 01:18 PM   #43
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post

Meanwhile, Trump does crap like this on pretty much a daily basis and it’s glossed over and forgotten about by the next day.
Don't forget Dijon mustard....
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 02:04 PM   #44
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post

Yes. That is the point. Trump gets away with it because everyone on the extreme right that's currently in charge in America knows that the rest of the population aren't going to do anything about it. Sure, they might hem and haw and even tsk-tsk when some Trumpist ******* makes a fool of himself in an internet forum, but they won't actually do anything to threatens the complete grip on power that the extreme right has.

I think it's high time to stop pretending. The extreme right sees all of this as a war. We are collectively the enemy. They don't believe the crap they're selling us, but some of us still feel that it's the right thing to do to at least give everything the benefit of the doubt. Until that **** stops, things won't get better.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 02:53 PM   #45
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
He must have done it numerous times, he has like two kids.
Lies. He probably has five kids from three different women. He has poor impulse control. Wouldn't make a good leader, but what do you expect from a community organizer?
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 03:38 PM   #46
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Wait until Michelle finds out that Barack has a third daughter named Natasha! Who's the Baby Mama?
You don't have to wait to find out Obama has a daughter named Natasha! And Michelle is the "Baby Mama" (mother to normal people). You must be pretty embarrassed right? You can Google it or look it up on Wikipedia. Obama does in fact have a daughter named Natasha. You thought I was wrong and you figured being snarky would win you internet points. But I wasn't wrong, you just didn't know Barack and Michelle Obama had a daughter named Natasha.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 04:25 PM   #47
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
You don't have to wait to find out Obama has a daughter named Natasha! And Michelle is the "Baby Mama" (mother to normal people). You must be pretty embarrassed right? You can Google it or look it up on Wikipedia. Obama does in fact have a daughter named Natasha. You thought I was wrong and you figured being snarky would win you internet points. But I wasn't wrong, you just didn't know Barack and Michelle Obama had a daughter named Natasha.
Well, I'll be damned! You're finally right about something! Sasha's full name is Natasha. Never heard her referred to as Natasha in all these years.

Nope, not embarrassed at all as I'd bet 99% of people on ISF didn't know that. What would embarrass me is being a Trump supporter.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 04:30 PM   #48
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

We already know how the right would react if Obama played 25% as much golf as Trump.
Old 31st August 2019, 04:33 PM   #49
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
We already know how the right would react if Obama played 25% as much golf as Trump.
We also know how they react to a supposed Obama lie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N-BRrhxh0Y
Old 31st August 2019, 04:34 PM   #50
Baylor
Philosopher

Well, I'll be damned! You're finally right about something! Sasha's full name is Natasha. Never heard her referred to as Natasha in all these years.

Nope, not embarrassed at all as I'd bet 99% of people on ISF didn't know that. What would embarrass me is being a Trump supporter.
Being snarky while simultaneously being wrong is certainly something to be embarrassed about. People with humility learn from these embarrassing moments because they know they're wrong about many other things as well. Someone of your age should have realized this by now.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 04:43 PM   #51
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Being snarky while simultaneously being wrong is certainly something to be embarrassed about. People with humility learn from these embarrassing moments because they know they're wrong about many other things as well. Someone of your age should have realized this by now.
Okey dokey. I must have missed the memo where you can't be snarky AND admit you were wrong. At my age, maybe it's my eyesight. Someone your age should know supporting a pathological liar is wrong, but there ya go...
Old 31st August 2019, 04:51 PM   #52
Baylor
Philosopher

Okey dokey. I must have missed the memo where you can't be snarky AND admit you were wrong. At my age, maybe it's my eyesight. Someone your age should know supporting a pathological liar is wrong, but there ya go...
Drop it
Old 31st August 2019, 04:54 PM   #53
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

YES, SIR! DROPPING IT, SIR!
Old 31st August 2019, 05:23 PM   #54
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Just because it's the anniversary of Tan Suit Gate!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I did have to laugh at the two FOX pundits who were criticizing the tan suit while wearing.... tan suits (@2:12)

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

Last edited by PhantomWolf; 31st August 2019 at 05:25 PM.
PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 05:30 PM   #55
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Just because it's the anniversary of Tan Suit Gate!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I did have to laugh at the two FOX pundits who were criticizing the tan suit while wearing.... tan suits (@2:12)
"It was a disaster!" says one Fox pundit. Wow....wearing a tan suit is a 'disaster' but Trump is just great! Gotta love 'em.
Old 31st August 2019, 06:08 PM   #56
Venom
Philosopher

Edited by Loss Leader:  Image shrunk for readability. Please use the IMGW tag for large images. The above is set to IMGW=500.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 1st October 2019 at 05:16 PM.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 07:37 PM   #57
rdaneel
Illuminator

rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st August 2019, 07:50 PM   #58
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I once read a blog that said something like. "If life was fair, Trump would be a used car salesman and Steve Bannon would be the guy standing out front in a hot dog costume who masturbates in the bathroom in the Arby's across the street during his lunch break"
I'd consider this unfair to used car people - hey they need jobs, and poorer folks need cars!

I'd also consider it unfair to sign spinners. They can do some cool stuff!

Three card monty is brazenly corrupt, so that's why I picked that.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 07:41 AM   #59
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by rdaneel View Post
FTFY...

Last edited by Mike!; 1st September 2019 at 07:48 AM.
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 07:50 AM   #60
rdaneel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
FTFY...
rdaneel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 09:55 AM   #61
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

I have been thinking about Obama mocking a handicapped reporter.

Can't see it.
Old 1st September 2019, 02:34 PM   #62
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
I have been thinking about Obama mocking a handicapped reporter.

Can't see it.
But the TAN SUIT!!!
Old 1st September 2019, 03:05 PM   #63
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

We know how Obama stops a crowd vs how Trump does(n't):

Obama:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu2Mbev6LY

Trump:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQ4yysGGbc

Note how FOX falsely presents Obama as "losing control" of the crowd.
Old 1st September 2019, 03:14 PM   #64
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

We know how Obama stops a crowd vs how Trump does(n't):

Obama:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu2Mbev6LY

Trump:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQ4yysGGbc

Note how FOX falsely presents Obama as "losing control" of the crowd.
I think it's fair to say that he didn't have control of the crowd. I couldn't tell from that video what was happening off-camera, but it did take him some time to quiet the crowd.

Not that I expect a speaker to control a crowd necessarily. He was trying to calm them. That's something.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 03:32 PM   #65
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
I think it's fair to say that he didn't have control of the crowd. I couldn't tell from that video what was happening off-camera, but it did take him some time to quiet the crowd.

Not that I expect a speaker to control a crowd necessarily. He was trying to calm them. That's something.
It takes him a while to get the crowd to stop but, unlike Trump, he's not just standing there with a smirk on his face and saying nothing like Trump. But leave it to FOX to make it out as something negative.
Old 1st September 2019, 04:47 PM   #66
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
If Obama did it in a forest, would it make a sound?
That doesn't bear thinking about

Its TRE45ON season... convict the F45CIST!!
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 05:39 PM   #67
Venom
Philosopher

"I have a great relationship with the whites. By the way I'm half white, people didn't know that."
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st September 2019, 05:53 PM   #68
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
"I have a great relationship with the whites. By the way I'm half white, people didn't know that."
My mom was white and my dad was a tangerine.
Old 1st September 2019, 11:35 PM   #69
Susheel
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I have often womdered..
Does he buy suits off the rack or does he actually have them tailored this way?

Edited by Loss Leader:  Please use IMGW tags for large images. The above is set to IMGW=500.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 1st October 2019 at 05:16 PM.
Susheel is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2019, 12:39 AM   #70
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
I have often womdered..
Did you see his tux at the Queen's dinner? Where did he get it? Walmart?
Old 2nd September 2019, 02:45 AM   #71
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

I have often womdered..
I did see a dementia expert hypothezise he wears a brace for balance and that the "tent-like suit" is meant to hide it.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd September 2019, 06:07 AM   #72
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Drop it
Why should he? He makes a perfectly valid point.
Old 4th September 2019, 04:46 AM   #73
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Can you believe there was an Obama scandal worse than the Tan Suit? Mustardgate!

I AGREE

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 06:11 AM   #74
TofuFighter
Illuminator

.. People with humility learn from these embarrassing moments because they know they're wrong about many other things as well....
There are enough laughing dogs to adequately respond to the irony of this one.
(inb4 *yawn* inb4 *typical boomer* inb4 *this place /rollyeyes*)

Well, i've learnt something new about Obama's children anyway.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th September 2019, 09:17 AM   #75
Susheel
Illuminator

I did see a dementia expert hypothezise he wears a brace for balance and that the "tent-like suit" is meant to hide it.
He has been seen in golfing outfits and in short pants...didn't notice any evidence of a brace.
Old 5th September 2019, 12:55 PM   #76
Venom
Philosopher

yeah I don't quite buy that.
Old 5th September 2019, 01:00 PM   #77
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Trump looks exactly, in poise, posture, style, and mannerism, like a person who looks in the mirror and still refuses to see anything but the person he was 50 years ago looking back.

Trump sees the Trump that was on the cover of Art of the Deal. It's not more complicated then that.

But even with Trump judging a world leader on their fashion sense strikes me as distasteful, and the whole "Yeah but we're showing what it was like when the shoe was on the other foot" only gets you so far away from that.
Old 6th September 2019, 05:57 PM   #78
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

He has been seen in golfing outfits and in short pants...didn't notice any evidence of a brace.
Sadly, I've seen those pictures leading to having to bleach my eyes.

WARNING: For those with weak stomachs or who tend to have nightmares, do not look at the following picture:

Old 9th September 2019, 11:32 PM   #79
TofuFighter
Illuminator

Meh. Everyone gets old. Most people get fat. The most offensive part of that pic is the stupid hat.

trump has enough disgusting qualities that his appearance should be very last on that list.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th September 2019, 05:37 AM   #80
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
Meh. Everyone gets old. Most people get fat. The most offensive part of that pic is the stupid hat.

trump has enough disgusting qualities that his appearance should be very last on that list.
The best part of that photo is that it must really piss Trump off.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics